Bomb threat to library over Drag Queen Story Hour

Started by Oniya, March 24, 2024, 02:04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

https://www.wgal.com/article/police-statement-regarding-bomb-threat-lancaster-library/60285763

Whoever made these threats is a coward.  On top of that, they're lazy - sending out threatening emails because people are reading to children, instead of doing things to address things that are actually endangering kids.  You know, like people making bomb threats.  When do you suppose these people actually sat down with their kids and read to them?  Or volunteered at any social outreach?

Houses and shops around the library were evacuated.  Families were rushed out into the rain that may not have even known that the library was having this event.  Local businesses had to lose hours of potential customers.  There was a convention going on further down the street, and the convention attendees would have been good business.  Is this loving your neighbors!?

One jackass was shouting 'Jesus will judge you' on a bullhorn.  Heck yeah.  I've read the 'red words' in my copy:

QuoteMatthew 25   41 ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Missy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asnQGz7BdfI&t=16s

All I know is I hope this fool ain't actually lazy, cause as they said they do take this seriously and it would be super anticlimactic to find the punk in a week.

But some fool wants to be a wanted man, so I guess it's true what they say: Stupid is as Stupid does.

Tolvo

Did Libs of Tiktok target this one beforehand as well?

Oniya

Quote from: Tolvo on March 24, 2024, 03:28:18 PMDid Libs of Tiktok target this one beforehand as well?

I have no idea - None of us have the Tikky-Tokky thing.  Heck, when we first heard about it, we thought they might be targeting the 'Parade of Costumes' that was going to be going down Queen Street to the convention center. 

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Tolvo

Libs of Tiktok ironically is a twitter account(Run by Chaya Raichik), mysteriously when there are bomb threats to schools, hospitals, libraries, she usually spreads conspiracy theories shortly before the locations and people in question get targeted. She has managed to influence laws and figures in Florida(Ron Desantis and that don't say gay bill were partially inspired by her). She has met Trump, Tucker Carlson, and has a bizarre amount of influence in the far right despite just being some bigoted real estate agent that doxxes and targets marginalized people. She revels in the notoriety but is also super litigious and has the backing of figures such as Elon Musk(Who will pay her legal fees and is a fan of hers). So she constantly threatens to sue for defamation despite her documented links to many bomb threats and her openly doxxing of various people. Fittingly she actually doxxed herself on accident, when she posted her street when a reporter visited her, to show the reporter and how threatening it was to have someone find you in person. Though she tells it as the reporter doxxing her despite Chaya just not realizing her street was in the photo she posted.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/chaya-raichik

Oniya

So, it took me a minute to find a way to check up on that without actually visiting that hell-site.  Turns out that yes, one week ago, Libs of TikTok posted a message about the story hour:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1767946385804918912&ved=2ahUKEwi_18-U35GFAxUTrYkEHZUAD0sQFnoECBYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1h6eu-Pmx5cteI4ynHYIPN

(Yes, ugly Google search result URL.)

I'm not sure if the city cops can get anywhere with this, but I'm going to see if they'll try.

Oniya

Okay - the detective was very nice, took down all my information and the info about the posts, and was very understanding about my introvertish stammering.  (I hate talking on the phone, especially when it's about a topic that upsets me.)  I'm really hoping that someone was stupid in the comments section, although he kindly explained that sometimes people use fake names on the internet.  (No, really?)  Just going to let my adrenaline taper off now.

Missy

So I guess the question is is this Raichik person actually aware of plans for bomb threats before they happen or is someoen just following them and going to the trouble to bomb threat the places they like to report on? If that makes sense

Oniya

She's been implicated in the actions of her horde before - although managed to squeak out of being 'directly responsible'.  So, she's not unaware of the consequences of her actions.  What I was thinking is that someone in the comments section might have been stupid and left something that the cops could follow up on.

Tolvo

It is kind of depressing that I just guessed she did target it beforehand only for that to turn out to be the case. The term used for her is Stochastic Terrorism, basically she knows if she targets someone/somewhere there will be threats, but doesn't have to actually direct people. She actually posed with a newspaper talking about hospitals getting bomb threats after she targets them while smiling then used it as her profile picture, and proudly claims Stochastic Terrorism was coined to describe her(It wasn't it is over a decade old). And basically it is near impossible to actually consider her directly responsible unless she herself states it is her intent and she does it to cause threats to happen(In some cases people actually tried to plant bombs but were caught). Which I would not be surprised if she actually gets caught doing because she is incredibly incompetent and self aggrandizing.

Oniya

I'm actually very grateful that you guessed it.  This was probably more productive than any other ideas that had crossed my mind. 

Tolvo

Well I'm glad to be of some assistance.

Also I realized I should clarify something earlier I said, that she can't be considered directly responsible. I meant in the eyes of the law. Personally I absolutely consider her responsible.

Callie Del Noire

She reminds me of the late Ian Paisley. An evil Northern Irish preacher who was always pushing a hateful tirade of such crap then going ‘oh my, someone bombs such and such place!’

TheGlyphstone

The phrase might be a decade old, but the concept goes back at least to Henry II of England.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_no_one_rid_me_of_this_turbulent_priest

Missy

Quote from: Tolvo on March 26, 2024, 10:57:09 PMWell I'm glad to be of some assistance.

Also I realized I should clarify something earlier I said, that she can't be considered directly responsible. I meant in the eyes of the law. Personally I absolutely consider her responsible.
Part of me wants to say the law can be pretty complicated and with the right set of evidence, you never know.

Still though, I'm not a legal expert, I would just enjoy the sweet sweet justice.