Tucker Carlson's Putin interview

Started by Beorning, February 18, 2024, 06:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

I realiz I asked about it in the News thread, but...

Is it known how many people in America watched Carlson's interview with Putin and treated it seriously? From what I've heard, the Twitter post with the interview had hundreds of thousands of views. I wonder how many people watched it fully? And what were the reactions?

I'm asking, as Putin used this interview to spread his usual propaganda: Ukraine is not a real state, Poland was responsible for provoking WW2 etc. The notion that some people would believe any of this is... terrifying, to be honest.

GloomCookie

I haven't watched it, though I have seen a ton of memes about it. I think most people treat it as the joke it is.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Missy

People taking it seriously are an example of poor education. Neville Chamberlain is more responsible for WWII than Poland, and mostly because he's an imbecile.

Beorning

The question is: *are* any people taking it seriously?

BTW. Have you guys seen Jon Stewart trashing Carlson on Daily Show because of that interview? It was brilliant.

Missy

I have not, though John Stewart is a legend.

I've also not seen the interview, eh, I'm 50 on it, don't know if I should watch it to be informed or just take the general sense that gets trickled down to me.

I mean at this point I get Putin's a Nazi (already knew that) and he has dreams of European domination (surprise, surprise) I mean my understanding at this point is it basically confirms that Putin is to the 2020's as Hitler was to the 1930s.

Does anyone know if there's anything valueable I won't get from not watching it?

Missy

Also I don't know if anyone takes it seriously; although I wonder in what context do you mean 'seriously'???

Beorning

Seriously, as in: actually believing that Tucker made a good job? As well as buying into Putin's narrative?

BTW. Jon Stewart's commentary is here:

Missy

Quote from: Beorning on March 21, 2024, 11:10:09 PMSeriously, as in: actually believing that Tucker made a good job? As well as buying into Putin's narrative?

I don't doubt there are people ignorant (uneducated) or stupid (unintelligent) enough to buy into either. Hopefully there aren't too many of them.

Honestly Neville Chamberlain and a significant portion of Englands Parlimant in the 1930s bought Hitlers bull three times all in the name of "Peace in our time!" and at the cost of the freedom and lives of millions, when putting their foot down on it would have been a roflstomp of the German Army that would have relegated Adolf to the footnotes of history.

To be honest we can hope history doesn't repeat itself.

It is concerning the American "Right" (global far-right) is more and more comfortable with Fascism, for the time being they haven't formally resurected the Bund.

Callie Del Noire

I have to wonder though. What was he really thinking? I know that Russia is reeling from the sanctions for Ukraine. How much money did he have to take to make this turd of a propaganda short?