The Dirty Ivan is looking for a crew! (space/mech/anime/sci-fi)

Started by DartimusRae, May 04, 2015, 04:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DartimusRae

The cargo ship Dirty Ivan and his captain are looking for crew. Myself and RhinSama are looking for interested, committed writers looking to try something out of the normal. Follow this link for more details on the plot and story. We've been trying for a year or so to find the right group to help make this galaxy come alive. Please, contact us with any questions or suggestions, we are open to all and will welcome anyone.

Chreestafer

Definitely had my interest perked, I'd like to see others involved :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

DartimusRae

Please, by all means invite any writers you know that may be interested, and feel free to start up on the chatter thread we have set up.

DartimusRae

DartimusRae

There's still room on board the Dirty Ivan. Please click the link in my post above to join the chatter. We still need a medic, a scientist, a couple fighters, and even some more pilots.

plasmarobo

I've added an engineer. Not really a medic, but may or may not enjoy tinkering with biology.

Spiral

Since there is an engineer, I could switch my guy to mechanic or pilot
It is change, continuing change, inevitable change, that is the dominant factor in society today. No sensible decision can be made any longer without taking into account not only the world as it is, but the world as it will be.

Isaac Asimov

DartimusRae

The mechanic could be most useful. Your original character concept is still acceptable, so you could still play him.

DartimusRae

We are back to looking for crew, we have three or four slots open currently.

NubianLegend

DartimusRae

DartimusRae

The dirty Ivan is looking to take on new and returning crew. Please sound off if you are interested.

Wolfy

I'm very interested, though you'll have to give me some time to look over the RP in detail. ^0^

Had a few questions, though, in regards to meta-humans and what the limits of "Mutations" and Elemental control are.

DartimusRae

Mutations cannot be hidden, and often combine two to three metahuman powers. Mutants are highly discriminated against by humans, and some metahumans keep them at arms length. They are exceedingly rare, about 1 in 1.5 million of metahuman's are born a mutant, only one in a thousand survive birth, and one in a hundred survive past puberty.

Any other questions? Please, ask away.

Wolfy

DartimusRae

Typically, no. However, if you can give me one hell of a good back story explaining how you survived and remained undetected for as long as you have, it will be considered. I'm only going to allow one, maybe two mutants in the game.

Wolfy

Well, you mention that you can't hide it. What do you mean by that? I know Metahumans have HeteroChromia. Do mutants have something else?

DartimusRae

In addition to the heterochromia, they also display physical traits that mark them as a mutant. The last one We had was a lizard man. If you're going to add on elemental control, maybe the elements are reflected in your appearance in noticeable fashion, Rocky skin, hair that looks like flames, lightning patterns all over your body, etc.

DartimusRae

That said, the mutation begins at puberty, and is often sudden. A parent doesn't often know their child is a mutant until then. Rare are the cases where a child is born fully mutated, and those can kill the mother during child birth

Wolfy

Still trying to think of a backstory for a mutant character....:p

DartimusRae

jeflint

I would really love to play a mecha pilot/Fighter type if there is still room for a bruiser type.  :-)

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

RhinSama

jeflint

I'm sorry I just saw this.

I sent my first character proposal to DartimusRae. I was just looking through the boards and saw that you responded. I can send my character idea to another person, it was just the first thing I came up with and it could be tweaked. I'm a fan of Sci-Fi so when I saw this thread I wanted to jump in. :)

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

CurvyKitten

Question, what do you still need? And which of the character sheets are for active characters within the game?

Tentatively interested :)