A super hero game without a canon to stand on. (All OC's. Recruiting)

Started by vatovie, February 12, 2015, 11:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfexiled

Originality is fast becoming obsolete, to make a trully unique world all your own is the mark of a great writer, artist, thinker.

Uhm ONs/Offs link
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=134455.msg5990414#msg5990414

Absences:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180093.0

Swordsman18

WIP

Name: Amelia Marrion
Alias: Nightingale

Face Claim

Emily Blunt

Stats:
ME: 10
PS: 18
PP: 19
PB: 20
IQ: 10
MA: 18
PE: 14
SPD: 20
PPE: 20
ISP: N/A
HP:19
SDC:108

Special Training:

Powers:
Details

Alignment: Scrupulous Good
Birth Order: Fourth
Weight: 112
Height: 5ft 5in
Disposition: Cautious, Caring,
Life Savings: N/A
Country of Origin: Africa
Childhood Environment: City
Wealth Level: Billionaire
When powers Manifested: After her schooling

Skills:
Skill Category:
Skills:
Pilot; Automobile, Pilot: Airplane. Pilot: Boat, Pilot; Jetpack
Mathematics: Advanced
Speak, Read, Write Native Language
Speak Russian & Chinese
Martial Arts
Running
Climbing
Military Etiquette
Radio: Basic
W.P. Pistol, Rifles (all types). Energy Pistols, Sword
Wilderness Survival
Find Contraband
Pick Pockets
Seduction
Streetwise
Sniper, Escape Artist, Detect Ambush
Concealment, Pick Locks
Demolitions, Trap/Mine Detection
Prowl, Swimming, Interrogation, Athletics, Body Building & Weight Training, Acrobatics, Detect Concealment

Equipment:
The Night Rider (Very Armored and Weaponized Rolls Royce Phantom)
Jetpack
Class 4 Armor (AR:17, +280 SDC)

History:

Amelia was born in the middle of a war zone in Africa to a soldier and a war photographer. They were trying to fight to liberate the country from a never ending war. A war continued to be fueled by men uprooted from their villages and homes by various war lords who themselves were captured as boys. Amelia's mother sought to get out of the area with Amelia. Yet when they tried both of her parents were captured and killed by one of the warlords they sought to end. Amelia missed execution because of one of her mother's last acts of hiding her in a piece of luggage already bound for the airport. And so she was shipped off to America in a shoddy plane.

Customs and so forth caught her arrival in her mother's bag. When they looked for her parents they could not be found with their deaths being reported shortly thereafter. Her family being in America, she was given to her Grandfather on her father's side. A gun toting, rifle shooting proud member of the National Rifle Association who worked as a trick shooter, her grandfather started her off by raising her on how to do combat. Early on in her life he told her about how her parents died and that he was raising her to not die like them. In fact he hoped that one day she would avenge them.

In school, she did a number of sports to keep her body athletic and toned. Since her grandfather's training was so ingrained in her, she performed poorly in some of them as she did not want to hurt anyone. Something she learned when she put a girl in the hospital during a soccer game. So other than not being the best scorer, she was good at being aware and moving on the field. After high school, she immediately went to college even though her grandfather wanted her to go straight into the military. She worked hard to eventually earn a PHD in Business and Criminology.

When she left academia, she put it to work by becoming a weapons trader. This was to attract the attention of guerillas and other factions, particularly in Africa. So slowly but surely she used her growing pull and reputation to arm the groups all around the Red Hands which gunned down her parents. More groups even from outside Africa began to come to her for orders. She supplied only the causes she found to be good. The warlords in Africa destroyed whatever turf the Red Hands possessed until only their headquarters remained. The Red Hands grew desperate and their leader came to her in person to ask for her weapons to hold off the other guerillas. A bullet to the head was her response while she killed his entourage. Using the connections she built up, the authorities were tipped off to the location of several African warlords. All of their bounties went right into her bank account. After getting a taste of the weapon's trade she continued it however in her own way. She would supply those in need with genuine needs. A people in a oppressive regime? She would supply them with whatever they needed.

Soon she was a billionaire with her one purpose seemingly completed while money continued to funnel in. She took a less direct approach to her business, gaining brokers who worked with her ideology. If they stepped out of line, they knew she would be coming for them. She never stopped training with access to all sorts of experts to train her and was a great shot just like her grandfather wanted her to be. A new uprising of heroes appeared in the game. She supplied them and then decided to officially join them. At first, she learned just what it was like to be put in your place as she could not go toe to toe with any of the superpowered villains they encountered. A particular event is what truly made her a hero and earned her a moniker.

Someone announced to a couple of her enemies that she was now a hero working with the Shadow Soldiers. They stormed her compound, killed her guards and were fighting their way up to her safe room. Not wanting to see any more bloodshed, she offered herself to them intending to kill as many as she could before they finally put her down. Strongarm himself leaped into the fight. She fought alongside him to take out those who attempted to assault her. Afterwards, he commented that like a Nightingale was with song, she was with violence, both beautiful and powerful. From that day forth, she used the moniker Nightingale and stayed on a hero even with the personal hardships which came with it. She owed that to Strongarm at least.

On's and Off's: Player's

Darwishi

What does the life-savings number relate to?  Seems like $4,000 stinks for saving up your entire life... ?

vatovie

It's how much money you currently have. Not counting any extra money gained from your power categories. Which in your case is none.

Darwishi

There's a power to make money? o.O  Uh, so, okay what about like savings and retirement or is this purely what their checking account looks like at the moment? Or the cash they have on their person?

EDIT: On a side note. What in the world is birth order?

vatovie

No power categories can have a roll for the extra money you get. It's what their checking account looks like at the moment. Also Birth Order is what order you were born in. So, if you have siblings.

AndyZ

Is Only Child an option?  I don't see why it wouldn't be but I didn't see that choice.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

vatovie

Darwishi

Let me know if I need to add or change anything.  I threw in some extra info at the bottom that I thought was relevant to the character. Also I'm not sure of the specific skills that I needed to list with her.  I just listed what related to her business in layman's terms, is that okay?

Crusader
Name: Fayth Powers
Alias: Crusader

Stats:
ME: 14
PS: 42
PP: 21
PB: 20
IQ: 11
MA: 28
PE: 14
SPD:22
PPE: 32
ISP:
HP:14
SDC: 495

Power Category:
Alien:

Mega Hero:
Benifit: Tremendous SDC

Flaws:
Extra vulnerable to human drugs and toxins
Vulnerable to psionics
Vulnerable to Electricity

Powers:
Sonic Flight
Extraordinary PP
Extraordinary MA
Heightened sense of touch.

Alignment: Good (Superheroine)
Birth Order: First (and only)
Weight: 138 lbs.
Height: 5'7"
Disposition: Fun loving, nice, easy to get along with, and a little bit cocky as Crusader
Life Savings: $200,000
Country of Origin: Delta Prime (planet)
Childhood Environment: Montana, U.S.A.
Wealth Level: Wealthy
When powers Manifested: She noticed them at 13, but technically her powers have existed since she arrived on Earth when she was a baby.

Skills:
Skill Category: On the Job Training

Computer Program
Basic Electronics (+15%)
Computer Operations (+15%)
Computer Programming (+15%)
Computer Repairs (+15%)

Business Program
Basic Mathematics (+15%)
Business & Finance (+15%)
Computer Operation (+15%)
Law (general) (+15%)
Research (+15%)

Pilot Automobile
Mathematics: Basic
Speak Native Language (+25%)
Read and Write Native Language (+20%)

Secondary Skills (8)
1. Cryptography
2. Surveillance systems
3. Computer Hacking
4. Basic Electronics
5. Automotive Mechanics
6. Basic Mechanics
7. Mathematics: Advanced
8. Land Navigation

History: Fayth Summers was originally born Fae-Tor of Delta Prime--a planet of a peaceful race (Deltans) that lives under a giant blue star which supports the ecology of several nearby planets.  Deltans were governed by their intelligence, both emotional and intellectual, rather than physical power or charm.  In human terms they all had an average IQ of 185, (genius for humans starts at 140) and lived up to 300 years.  They were a relatively small race of six or seven billion to inhabit their planet while the Kloutonites inhabited a world two planets away.

Due to the harsh climates and the cultures on Klouton, not to mention the sheer size, the people of Klouton became a warrior race.  They used, most often, sheer numbers to invade and take over other planets in their solar system. Klouton was a planet that was about the size of our Jupiter.  And while the people of Delta Prime thought they were safe from the Kloutonians, they were sorely mistaken.

To make a long story short, Klouton invaded the much smaller Delta Prime--after invading all of the other planets in their solar system--and took it over.  The Deltans were used as slaves to craft better weapons for the Kloutons, but just before they invaded, the king and queen of Delta Prime (judged by their supreme knowledge, not an election process, or even bloodlines) made to escape with their newborn daughter.  However, due to the Kloutons pursuit they were forced to turn back to protect their daughter's escape path so her vessel could jump into hyper-drive.

The trip took several decades to make, but in suspended animation Fae-Tor experienced none of it.  Fae-Tor was conditioned to UV radiation to make sure that she would be well adjusted and fit in with the other children of Earth.  Finally, after 47 years of travel, the ship hit Earth's atmosphere and plummeted to the planet. 

Found in Montana, a couple quickly took Fae-Tor in and hid the spaceship.  They raised her as their own, but renamed her to a much more Earthly name of Fayth. There was nothing peculiar (save for the alien ship) about Fayth.  Not even as she turned one year old.  But as she crossed the two year birthday they noticed something a little strange.  Her strength and her speed seemed to double.  It wasn't a big deal at first, but as Fayth got older it seemed like every time the Earth made a trip around the sun, Fayth's body would double in power. 

In her teens she started to exhibit other powers with vision, hearing, and even flight.  Just two years ago, when she turned  seventeen, she decided to become a superheroine.  Her mom fashioned a few costumes before Fayth settled on her current costume.  Made from spandex mostly, but the worked up to better and better materials as Fayth started to pull in her own income. At first it was just her home town in Montana but when she turned eighteen she moved to the big city (insert big city here).

Due to the nature of a Deltan, Fayth was destined to age normally until at the peak of her body development.   She's filled out quite well and seems that she's going to look like she's in her late teens to mid twenties for the next several decades.  A Deltan under the blue sun, didn't reach a mid-life crisis until 150, so with the addition of the UV radiation from Earth's Sun, and the adaptation of Fayth's body, she could very well live for a thousand years....that is if she doesn't die of unnatural causes first.

On's and Off's: Link to Player's on's and off's.  Fayth's on's and off's are quite different (do those need to be listed?)

Extra Info

Equipment:
Decoder Ring: She wears it on her right ring finger and while not a cheap decoder ring it does allow her access to a pocket dimension where she stores a spare suit.  This allows for quick changes out of her civvies and into the costume without the hassle of wearing her tights under her clothes.  The ring is a silver band with a celtic design etched into it.  When she activates it the inscribed design glows a faint blue.

Tablet: Windows Surface Pro 5.  She carries it around with her own custom-built security software to upload patches to a client's database on the fly.  She only carries it when she's not running around in a leotard fighting criminals and supervillains.

Costume: Variations on a theme. Crusader has several variations on her costume (shown in the link).  Her current favorite is a leotard version that show off her long, toned legs.  She's considered a boob window on a few occasions but so far hasn't put one in.  The leotard has sleeves, and she wears elbow-length gloves with it and a black domino mask.  Her hair is free flowing with this costume and she wears knee-high boots with a four-inch reinforced heel.  The costume itself is made to withstand most of her powers so it won't tear on a whim.

Build: Athletic hourglass. 33C-25-36
Eyes: Sky Blue
Hair: Long (hangs to her ass when loose), dirty-blonde
Legal Status: None, yet.
Marital status: Single
Occupation: Fayth runs her own software security firm. She's able to process so much at one time she's able to figure out coding and complex problems with ease.  Given that she's young, she has to have an older woman (about 26 years old) do a lot of her sales and represent the company.  It also frees her up to be Crusader when she needs to be.

AndyZ

Name: Jennifer Jacobson
Alias: Azure

Stats:
ME: 14
PS: 8
PP: 10
PB: 13
IQ: 15
MA: 14
PE: 12
SPD: 24
PPE:27
ISP:?
HP: 66
SDC:238

Power Category:
Mutant:
One Major, Three Minor

Powers:
Energy Expulsion: Energy
Flight: Wingless
Radar
Invulnerability

Alignment: Scrupulous
Birth Order: Only Child
Weight: 125 lb.
Height: 5'8"
Disposition: Wild woman, cocky, overconfident, takes unnecessary risks.
Life Savings: $3,100 (Not rolling for the car)
Country of Origin: United States
Childhood Environment: Suburb
Wealth Level: Skilled/Middle Class
When powers Manifested: Early Teens

Crazy Hero: N/A

Insanity: N/A

Mega Hero: (Optional but you must run it all past me and I will be very very picky.)

Skills:
Skill Category: Military
Pilot Automobile
Mathematics: Basic
Speak Native Language (+25%)
Read and Write Native Language (+20%)

Running (+10%)
Climbing (+10%)
Military Etiquette (+10%)
Radio: Basic (+10%)

Communications Skill Program (+10%)
Basic Electronics (+10%)
Radio:Basic (+10%)
Radio:Scrambler (+10%)
T.V./Video (+10%)
Surveillance Systems (+10%)

Medical Assistant Program:
Basic Mathematics (+5%)
Business and Finance (+5%)
Computer Operation (+5%)
Biology (+5%)
Paramedic (+5%)

8 Secondary Skills:
-Hand to Hand Basic
-Sign Language
-Prowl
-Athletics
-Dance
-Sewing
-Cook
-Research

History: (You need this if you exist you need this.)

Jennifer's life started out pretty great.  An only child with a nurse for a mother and a newspaper columnist for a father, normality was a cushion, encouraging her to expand and try to live out the American Dream.  Other than the history lessons at school, nothing superhuman ever came up.  Her only real problems in childhood involved being an "ugly duckling," as Dad put it, an encouragement that she would be as pretty as her mother once she grew into her body.

Adolescence brought all sorts of changes.  Most of them are pretty well-known and rarely discussed, but not every girl's skin turns a soft shade of blue, or has her hair go white as frost, or her eyes black as the night sky.  She tried everything to stay normal, with sunglasses, copious amounts of fake tanning lotion, letting people believe she dyed her hair and deflecting concerns with a vague explanation of "female problems."  Eventually the school nurse picked up on her changes, and Jennifer just ran.

What hurts her the most was that she never managed to even so much as tell her parents.  In some ways, never knowing whether they'd accept her was so much worse than just telling them, but she never did work up the courage.

The closest she ever came was a phone call.  Finding one of the last working pay phones several dozen miles away - not even entirely sure how she'd managed to get so far so quickly - and forced a couple quarters into the receiver.

"Hello?"  Her mom's voice was groggy - this was supposed to be her day off - but fear had already taken her tone.  No doubt the school had already contacted her.

Jen opened her mouth to speak, but what could she say?  How could she possibly explain everything now when she'd already been lying for weeks, when her parents both had to know something was happening but had never forced it from her?  In the end, the phone booth exploded before she could find a single word.

She stared at the receiver still in her palm, the tattered shards of glass surrounding her as if a bomb had detonated inside of her.  In a way, it had: her heart couldn't possibly collect itself after the thousands of pieces of shattered glass informed her with a stabbing pain that she'd never see her family again.

To add insult to the injury of her existence, people saw what had happened.  Weapons, guns, any number of things appeared and tried to end the threat.

All superheroes have some sort of ability, and even if she didn't want to be, that's what she was.  Her power was creating force.  She couldn't seem to direct it once she let it go, but at point blank range, the simple will to live was enough to crunch bullets inches from her body.

It didn't take long for the Shadow Soldiers to be called, except that they didn't see a threat.  They offered her a new home, gave her a place to stay.  Even when her family changed their number and she moved to a new city.  She abandoned her old name, which encouraged her squad leader to give her a new one - Azure.

On's and Off's: (Just like the history you need it if you exist.)

Azure is woefully inexperienced in sexual matters.  She made an attempt a few years ago to start up a relationship, but hadn't yet completely mastered her powers, and ended up accidentally breaking the other girl's nose.  Since then, she's told herself that she's just too busy for such things.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

vatovie

Darwishi

Quote from: vatovie on February 16, 2015, 10:09:52 PM
Crusader needs to use the rules for skills fully.

Can you point me to a page number at least?

vatovie

Darwishi

I updated it... and I think I maybe might have done that right. lol

vatovie

vatovie

I'm gonna go make a OOC and a Character sheet thread. I'll also start on the IC thread. We need more people to get more than one mission going easily and we need more male heroes probably.

Green Goo Theory

Interested but I can't access the file in the link.  Seems we have an imbalance of female characters and bruiser-esque characters though. 
Coming soon...

vatovie

You should still be able to download the file even without a Google drive. Also you are right about that imbalance.

Darwishi

I'm not sure a male character would actually complain about his odds with some many women around? 

"Woe is me! There are too many ridiculously beautiful women around!"  Heh, unless he's homosexual I guess, then he might be complaining. =P

vatovie

Green Goo Theory

I downloaded the file but it still doesn't work.  I can't view it on the page either.  Also, I do have google drive (or thought I did).

Wasn't complaining about the ratio either.  Just tells me which way I should go during character creation.  The odds are good for me (and the character)!

Coming soon...

vatovie

Pm your email and I'll get it to you. I'll try to help you as much as possible. :)

vatovie

What's your opinions on all of the threads I made? I would love feedback and I'll try to find an even better download link.

Now there is also a scribd link. :)

Green Goo Theory

The other threads look fine.  I won't finish the character tonight.  It's already waaayy past my bed time.  I at least got a bit of the crunch done.

Coming soon...