News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Xbox issues... help

Started by Sharon, December 13, 2014, 03:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharon

Alright my xbox is messing up and it's starting to get to the point I just wanted to throw the damn thing out the window... Though I like it to much to bring myself to do it.

So here is the issue.

I can be playing a game for I think like 25 mins and it will turn itself off. But I can get on netflex and watch a whole movie no issue with it turning off. What can be the issue and how do can one go about fixing the issue?

Oreo

It might be overheating. I keep a fan blowing on mine when I am playing games.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Drake Valentine

Which X-box? There is like three of them. ;/

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Sharon

Drake Valentine

Could be anything.

System may need cleaning(opening it up and blowing it out, which should be done carefully)
Power brick may be going bad and need replacement.
Something could be wrong internally.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Black Howling

System cache can cause some issues with this as well. Clearing it may help the situation, though you'll have to reinstall all the patches for your games.

Also, back to the power brick thing that Drake mentioned. Watch the light when it shuts off. If it hits red during a crash, then you know it's the brick overheating. Will likely mean getting a new one.

Sharon

Thank all three of you. I will have to pay more attention to the power block during this time which mean I have to move things around. I am using Oreo's trick and I am getting a buddy of mine to come over and help me carefully take it a parted to clean it out for me. So that will leave is the power block to be checked.

DemonessOfDeathValley

Quote from: Black Howling on December 13, 2014, 11:08:35 PM
Also, back to the power brick thing that Drake mentioned. Watch the light when it shuts off. If it hits red during a crash, then you know it's the brick overheating. Will likely mean getting a new one.

I just experienced this. I had not played my Xbox - 360 (The white one) in months. Turned it on and barely got started playing a game, when suddenly the green light flashed to red then it shut itself off. Does that mean that the power brick thing needs to be replaced? Also, what is the power brick?

~Approximate response time - 1-7 days plus ~ Muse cooperative~

Black Howling

Quote from: DemonessOfDeathValley on January 02, 2015, 11:40:23 AM
I just experienced this. I had not played my Xbox - 360 (The white one) in months. Turned it on and barely got started playing a game, when suddenly the green light flashed to red then it shut itself off. Does that mean that the power brick thing needs to be replaced? Also, what is the power brick?
If it's the red light on the front of the console, that's a completely different story/issue and depends on how many of the lights went red. The power brick is the brick on the cord that plugs into your wall outlet, and it too has a light on the front of it. That was the light I was referring to.

Did you have one red light, or three when your 360 did this?

DemonessOfDeathValley

I believe I remember seeing three.

Black Howling

Quote from: DemonessOfDeathValley on January 02, 2015, 05:39:22 PM
I believe I remember seeing three.

-_- Not good. Unplug all cords and reconnect them and try it out again. If that problem persists, sounds like you have the red ring of death.

DemonessOfDeathValley

I got it going again. But...red ring of death?  :o

Black Howling

Quote from: DemonessOfDeathValley on January 02, 2015, 06:29:46 PM
I got it going again. But...red ring of death?  :o

Three red lights on the console, signaling a major hardware failure. Basically, crappy cooling system allows the sealant around the GPU to fry, and thus displacing it.

DemonessOfDeathValley

Ooooh goody gumdrops.  >:( Well, I have had it since December 2011 and it was used when I bought it. Thanks for the help.

Black Howling

Quote from: DemonessOfDeathValley on January 02, 2015, 06:33:51 PM
Ooooh goody gumdrops.  >:( Well, I have had it since December 2011 and it was used when I bought it. Thanks for the help.

Well if it's working now, that's not the issue. Probay just overheated once or had some dust in it.

DemonessOfDeathValley

Oh good, that's a relief. I've just gotten back into gaming and I afraid the console was giving out.