D&D 5e Recruitment [nonCon][IC Posted]

Started by Jezabelle, March 24, 2015, 01:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin101

I shall sing them to death! Or ya know..try unless something makes it so I can't talk. :P

Etherealgirl

Ha! Like a penis! Poet is mute, so she can't talk at all.

Jezabelle

I've sent everyone with a submitted Character Sheet a PM about the initial startup for the aRRRgh Peeee.  Please do try to get a sheet inb4Late night Friday if you're interested in joining us!

Etherealgirl

Yus! The more the merrier! Poet needs friends! :X

Almondus

She does!  Someone needs to save her from Cole.

rikka

Not really expecting too much NC stuff in my part. I just like to experience more of the 5e mechanics which is quite new to me.
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Jezabelle

Quote from: rikka on March 26, 2015, 03:51:30 PM
Not really expecting too much NC stuff in my part. I just like to experience more of the 5e mechanics which is quite new to me.

Indeed--iSuspect this shall be a virgin run for many of us, in more ways than one  8-)

Etherealgirl

Jezabelle

Ravnay and her Districts
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

When it was first founded under charter from the Ravnay Expedition Limited Corporation, the city was only intended to spread across the east bank of the river Rav.  Now, however, its older district--and oldest slum--inhabit the east bank, whereas the bulk of the city has crossed to the west bank.

There are five bridges across the river Rav, two stone and three wood.  Congestion and traffic across these is an issue, as they are all over Ravnay, which was far from a well thought-out plan when it first began.  The major roads (marked in grey) are the only reliable means of getting around aside from a ferry, and even then, traffic on the river can frequently erupt into boat-fights which clog up travel even more as the guards take some time to respond on the water.

Thanks to their huge and divisive nature, the major roadways generally divide up the parts of town--with the exception of the Wold and Harford's Ferry, where the distinction of being on one side or the other still tells you a lot about the neighbourhood.

The Wold
The oldest and most regal of the districts, the descendant of original share holders and corporate officers keep their estates here.  In a world of new and uncertain things, the Wold is the beginnings of the Blue Blood--already thinking themselves more noble than bourgeoisie in origin, the residents of the Wold are known for their decadence and their chicanery.

The Grange
Once the agricultural center of the settlement, the Grange was kept as a green space and park for the rich residents of Ravnay to enjoy.  Unofficially, it's become the Elven quarter--the old converted farmhouses and stone townhouses serving as bordellos for those of finer taste, and some Elves making their ways as gardeners amongst the still relatively free streams and groves, paid by the city to keep things trim and verdant.

The Goldsmith's Quarter
The descendants of foremen got their children into cushy midlevel government jobs and goldsmithing, a dirty but lucrative profession that involves everything form gold leaf to decorate manuscripts to engineering feats hardly related to gold or smithing at all.  The more renowned architects amongst the goldsmiths are also occasionally called upon to act as engineers in times of war.  All in all, a bourgeois rises along the water's eastern bank in the shadow of their betters and the city's largest concentration of Elves.

The Wool District
More rough-and-tumble, the Wool District has its fare share of those who did well and those who just barely get by.  It boasts several warehouses and places of business, as well as the homes of almost everyone in the wool trade--save for the porters who live out in the shanty towns.  Wool is big business in Ravnay, and the Woolman's Guild is--aside from notoriously sexist--a force to be reckoned with in politics and bridgeway brawls.

Harford's Ferry
When the Sects and Cults descended upon the economic venture of Ravnay and found an audience amongst its world-weary populace, the Corporation refused to let them break dirt on the East Bank.  Not discouraged, but in need of a solution, many turned to an enterprising man named Harford.  Harford wasn't part of the expedition, but had come to the surface with his kinsmen a few decades ago.  Now, he'd built a small town, not nearly enough to rival Ravnay on the far side, but an important point of transit thanks to his ferry and the relative lack of bridges.  Allowing various religious structures to be built--so long as they'd submit to his tax--Harford's Ferry was born.  A melting pot of many religions and races, its attracts all kinds, and still draws revenue from its infamous Temple Tax which rather than be surrendered to the city is directly in the purse of the Harford Alderman, always a descendant of Harford himself--by practice rather than decree.

Blackshack Row
A hundred and fifty years ago when the wall was being built, Hill Dwarfs were contracted to oversee construction and provide the stone.  As it turned out, much of the bulwark would use wood as a substitute due to the continued expansion of the project, but the line got drawn to include where the Dwarfs themselves had come to live and work--Blackshack Row, so called for its narrow stature, relative length, and the constant black smoke coming from the smithies that cropped up there to help build and repair tools used during construction.  Today, it is in essence the Dwarfish quarter of the city, although Dwarfs live freely throughout all of Ravnay, and it is where the Dwarfish Banks keep their branches.

Guild Quarter
When the walls were being built, the various Guilds decided to cut out a corner of the city to call their own--and were willing to pay through the nose to do so.  The Goldsmith's, Ferryman's, and Woolman's guild footed the bill equally, and each owned a 3rd of the new quarter.  They would go on to sell parcels of land on their plots to new or petty guilds.  The Poacher's Guildhall, for example, lies within the Goldsmith's 3rd of the Guild Quarter.

Chulanowa

So just wanna put it out there before deciding - anyone have issues with futa / herm characters?

Almondus

I'm not a huge fan of them if they have balls. hrmm... or if they're hairy.  But a good clean, well kept futa can be something I could see myself experimenting with in the right fantasy setting.  I've honestly never played with one before, but i'm down if she's smexy.

Muse

Well, when I'm playing a girl they're not an off of mine.  But she wouldn't wind up being much of a playmate for a girl who values her purity... 

At least, not 'til the GM relieves her of such notions.  ;) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Chulanowa

She's gonna be a dwarf. By default, all dwarves have balls. It's just that some also have testicles  ;D

Etherealgirl

Jezabelle

As DM I'll rule it acceptable; if someone doesn't wanna get jiggly with her,that's their perogative.  I don't believe it'll take enough of a center stage to deter anyone,and again,any 1on1  action will be handled outside the main thread.

Chulanowa

NSFW
I'm still uncertain as to what god / domain (Life / nature / Tempest / War) I want to take, but aside from that, I'm all set...

Name: Taavia Perkele
Race: Hill Dwarf
Class: Cleric
Deity:
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: Acolyte (some dabbling in Criminal and Guild Artisan, but mechaniccs are Acolyte)
Height: 4'3"
Weight: 145
Build: Curvy
Skin: Fair, freckled
hair: Red
Eyes: Blue

Str: 14
Dex: 10
Con: 14
Int: 10
Wis: 16
Cha: 11

Speed: 25
Hit Points: 11
AC: 18

Save Proficiencies: Wisdom, Charisma
Skill Proficiencies: Insight, Religion, Persuasion, Deception
Tool Proficiencies: Artisan's Tools
Armor Proficiencies: Light, Medium, Heavy, Shields
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple, Battleaxe, Throwing Axe, Warhammer, Throwing Hammer

Features and Traits

Darkvision 60'
Speed unaffected by heavy armor
Advantage on saves vs. poison
Poison Resistance
Dwarven Combat training (Proficiency in battleaxe, throwing axe, warhammer, throwing hammer)
Tool Proficiency (choice of smith's tools, brewer's tools, or mason's tools)
Stonecunning (When making History checks on Stonework, considered proficient in History, and adds double proficiency bonus)
Languages: Common and Dwarvish, Draconic (Lizardfolk dialect), Undercommon
Hill Dwarf (+1 Wisdom; +1 Hit Point per level)

Spellcasting
Divine Domain:

Background Feature: Shelter of the Faithful

Taavia's father is a crime boss who strove to keep his daughter away from "the business." While his sons would be trained to engage in the family operation, Taavia was shunted off to a temple; old Munat Perkele jokingly refers to this as a tithe. Though she did well, learning with the priests and priestesses, Taavia chafed and pulled at the leashes of her order, inwardly angry at her father and brothers for, as she saw it, denying her rightful place. Finally after several years old cloistering, she was allowed to accompany an elder priest on a surface foray.
   There, she saw not just the sun and some ugly-ass orcs, but also opportunity. Upon returning to the holdfast, she spoke with the old Abbess about the possibility of missionary work. Well, less "spoke" and more "lied her ass off." Though the matron was almost certainly aware of Taavia's attempt to wool her, she agreed to let the cleric go forth and see the world. Taavia returned to the surface, eager to make her fortune... and return to reclaim her place as her father's inheritor. Or maybe she'll just stay and outshine him, perhaps...

Personality: I misquote sacred texts and proverbs in almost every situation
Ideals: I trust that my deity will guide my actions. I have faith that if I work hard,things will go well.
Bonds: One day I will return to my "guild" and prove that i am the greatest "artisan" of them all.
Flaws: Flaw: If there's a plan, I'll forget it. if I don't forget it, I'll ignore it (LEEEEEEEEROYYYYYYYYY.....!)

Equipment
Warhammer (+4, 1d8 / 1d10)
Light crossbow (+2, 1d8, 80 / 320 range)
Chain Mail (AC 16)
Shield w/ Holy Symbol (+2 AC) (As per dev ruling)
Holy Symbol
Prayer Book
Incense (5 sticks)
Vestments
Set of common clothes
Belt pouch (contains 15 GP)

Etherealgirl

Almondus

*snugs Ethere*

Getting my post on now hehe

Muse

Are we going to have an OOC thread? 

Are their people we're still awaiting the entrance of? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Chulanowa

I haven't gotten there yet, i'm working on a heap of stuffs

Almondus

Jezabelle

Quote from: Muse on March 28, 2015, 10:10:15 PM
  Are we going to have an OOC thread? 

Are their people we're still awaiting the entrance of?

OOC forthcoming.

Given the majority's  inability to post Saturdays, today was for anyone who wanted to join late or get some banter going before things steam ahead.

Thaaaat  being said, I was perhaps too vague about systems.  Anyone who wants to roll a Knowledge check can feel free to do so--use the dicebot here on e and leave the technical stuff in a spoiler at the bottom of your post.  Alternatively you can PM me the desired roll first so we can see how it turns out, then you can include that roll, preferably at the top of your post to distinguish it as already addressed.

I  understand if someone people still haven't had time to post, but as fair warning I'll begin moving things along Sunday afternoon EST--or rather, opening things up.  The Party will kind of need to decide where to go.

This probably goes without saying but after ~3 days of inactivity I'll CC PCs without explicit dialogue and with the least issue possible out of important scenes if they need to reply to move something forward but haven't.  I'd send a PM 12 hours or so ahead of anything like that.

Etherealgirl

I won't be able to post till Monday so just drag poet along until then.

Almondus

Daawww....  Ahh well.. I'm sure Cole will still have dreams about her and stuff >.>