Legend of Dragoon: New Game+ OOC

Started by Green Goo Theory, May 20, 2014, 11:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Goo Theory

Alright! OOC thread for the Legend of Dragoon game!  The recruit thread will still be monitored but if you're interested in joining just go ahead and respond to this thread as well.

Just a start of the updates as posted in the recruit thread:

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on May 19, 2014, 10:15:30 PM
The updates on specific towns is going to wait a bit but I'll type up something here for an overall world update.  Paraphrased this time.  Get a nice properly typed story later.

-The game will take place 114 years after the events of the game. 

-Humans can perform magic but takes years of study almost completely stemming from the group in Kazas.

-Winglies have integrated into human society.  It's not perfect and without issues and sometimes violence but their existence is known and some people from either race live among others of their race.

-Gigantos and Minatos still exist and each even have an existing "home" that was rebuilt with the help of various nations and groups (namely the winglies). There are even mermaids around and a varietyof half-breeds.

-Technology has improved.  Some bits of infrastructure exists but horse drawn vehicles are still a thing outside of the cities, artificial lights are still mostly a big city thing, larger vehicles such as ships can be run without steam now due to magic from both wingly and human researchers.  While firearms exist they are primitive, clumsy, slow firing, slow to reload, etc.  There are of course some exceptions.  Firearms aren't quite to the point where they can replace melee weapons.

-A few new religions have arisen since the destruction of the Virage Embryo and the moon that never sets.  Some viewed as cults while others have gained some steam; one of which is known to preach the ascension of mortals with a odd leader thought to perform miracles completely unlike any known sort of magic.  Some religions have built standing armies.

-Thanks to the marriage from Albert Tiberoa and Basil are very close nations though not completely merged. 

-The rouge school has gone public and accepts students from all over.  They even have branch schools located in a variety of nations.

-The dragoon spirits are each held in different places.  Jade is the royal treasure of basil, brown is located in the home of gigantos, the blue is among the winglies in an unknown location, purple belongs to the rouge school, white belongs to mille seseau.  The black, red, and divine are all missing but there are reports of sightings all over and there are rumors of an active red dragoon.  These locations are NOT set in stone and are based only on public knowledge that could be completely and utterly wrong.  If you want your character to know something else or to start with a spirit (even not your own color), etc...PM me and we'll discuss it.  We'll figure out a way to discuss it with you Jay if you want.

-There are rumors of living dragons far to the north on the glacier.  A few other more scarce sightings are also rumored elsewhere in the world.  No one that's gone to explore the glacier has survived or come back.

More to come as I remember them from a previous game I was building or come up wtih new stuff.

Also, any questions are welcome via thread or PM!  Suggestions and requests too.

Everyone already involved please repost character sheets here.

The game will begin with a soft start.  I'll make an IC thread for free RP to go just so everyone has something to do until I can get more stuff updated ICly. 

Coming soon...

Green Goo Theory

(Image just a basic approximation.  Outfit is not usually that revealing but same basic styling.  Still covers more than what Lenus wore.)

Name: Fiona
Race: ??Human??
Home town: Kazas
Current location: Fueno
Element/Color: Void (Subject to change pending new arrivals in play)
Personality: Fiona bears a relatively aloof personality when it comes to most things casual and doesn't seem to let anything get to her.  She has been known to be a loud mouth at times with these qualities increasing the more she'll drink.
History:
At the tail end of the Serdian war and the defeat of Emperor Doel most of the nation's holdings were consolidated under the rule of Basil under King Albert.  Despite the bloody nature of the conflict the unification of the two separate entities went smoothly as most people from both sides wished for the peaceful resolution.  That said there was little use for marshall law or an absolute take over but rather simply a dismissal of most military forces.  Those that wished to remain in service were slowly integrated into the now joint military force.

The one thing that remained to some extent in limbo was the state of Serdio's capital city Kazas.  Not due to anything political but rather the nature of the collected sages put to work under Emperor Doel.  The fruits of their labor demonstrating the age long assumption that only Winglies could perform magic had been a baseless assumption.  The dark castle remained intact and many of its denizens were left in place but under leadership from Basil.  Likewise, after the fall of Melbu Frahma and the threat to the world ceased people from all over the world gathered there.

The slums that it once had been were shaped drastically.  The benefits of the advancement in both technology and magic were shared with this city being the main hub of everything.  It prospered greatly.

Not even a decade later with the rise in Wingly interactions with the outside world many of which found their way here.  The place became a home to joint research for both Wingly and Dragon based magic.  It was shortly after that the place became a private entity owned dedicated to advancements that belonged to everyone rather than a single nation.

Fiona, as far as anyone knows, was born and raised into this lifestyle.  Her parents researches there and likewise she found herself dedicating herself to the lifestyle as she continued to learn.  Unlike most that had found refuge in these halls content to study she wanted to set out into the world to put this all to the test.  Not just to assume what the world needed but see first hand what research would help in certain towns.

Coming soon...

Rajah

Name: Taegul Ramakh
Race: Human
Element: Light
Personality: Straightforward and confident to the point of arrogance, both pragmatic and independent; his one concession to frivolity is a certain tendency to show off when circumstances permit.

History: A "simple woodsman", Taegul is the son of Alara Ramakh, foremost duelist and swordswoman in Basil in her day. Past her prime, she's given up the art and retired to a quieter life of art, music, and high society; her efforts to teach her children the importance of strength and etiquette, unfortunately, did not mirror her martial accomplishment. Taegul's older sisters are a Church of the Ascension terrorist and a wandering "dragonslayer" yet to slay anything, respectively, and Taegul himself left home when the lessons turned abusive as desperation and bitterness overtook Lady Alara. Heading into the woods beyond Bale to spite his noble blood, he spent several years keeping the trails clear and trading game for a living until receiving a formal apology from his mother in the form of a three-page letter. He never went home, but he's been a devoted student of the sword ever since, a known purveyor of martial arts records and manuals, and those that trade with him sometimes comment on his mastery of the social graces. No letter from him was forthcoming, but the rumors reached his parents, who are comforted to know at least one of their children has found something like a positive direction in life.

He's been estranged from the greater motions of society long enough that it's begun to wear on him; he visits the market far more often than he needs to, and has added books of adventure and history to his reading list. At this point he's seriously considering a new vocation and not unlikely to join the first caravan or grand quest that passes by; after news of his eldest sister Yahine leading a successful slaughter against a small fishing village that rejected their cult, he's also become haunted by the suspicion that it may fall to him as blood to put the family mad dog down.

His mother is one of the few knights of Basil trusted to guard its sleeping dragoon spirit, and does so in shifts with the other dozen or so - which member of the Jade Guard carries the artifact at any time is known only to the knight holding it, the knight who previously held it, and the king and queen of Basil themselves. He is a devout Ahusian, the informal term for a baptized member of the Brotherhood of Ahusi, which preaches that dragons were born from the world's roiling heart upon learning of its own destruction and that men survived the prophecied apocalypse to be shepherds on Endiness. They blend some aspects of Wicca, Buddhism, and Christianity and consider their shepherd's charge to apply equally to the land and its people, opposing industrialization and war but paradoxically having a marked militant bent in regards to those whose disagreement with their tenets goes beyond philosophical.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

JayNighte

Name: Franz Zuto
Race: Half-human Giganto
Home town: Gharnot
Current location: ???
Element/Color: Brown/Gold; Earth
Weapon: Pickaxe
Personality: Gruff, stern, and mentally a bit slow, it seems that few would get along with him. However, this is merely his exterior. He is kind and loyal to his friends, and has a decent (yet simple) sense of humor he doesn't show often in public. He has fierce determination, and once set on a task, he will refuse to quit.
History: Franz was born to Nila, a human woman, and Gotak, a wandering Giganto, in the booming mining town of Gharnot. His father ended up leaving him when he was six years old, leaving him to be raised by his mother. At sixteen, he began working in the mines. His powerful body was perfect for the job, and he formed a camaraderie with the other miners. Not only was he one of the hardest workers, he also acted as their bodyguard from any monsters that may find themselves in the mine.

One day, however, he failed at protecting his allies. The whole mine collapsed, and he was only able to save Jerret, the man next to him. Digging his way out with that person, he was horrified to see that the mine wasn't the only thing to be destroyed. The Town Hall was blown up, and it seems that the mine was also intentionally destroyed. Wracked with guilt at being unable to save most of his friends, and filled with anger at those who have caused such chaos, he vowed to hunt down the perpetrators.

EdwardShane

WHOO an OOC thread! XD Looking forward to this RP, hehehe.

Name: Zephyria
Race: Winglie
Home town: Winglie Forest
Current location: (Wherever is most convenient for the start point.  I will edit that in when it is decided)
Element/Color: Darkness/Black with purple highlights
Personality: Zephyria outwardly seems rather stoic and serious at most times, but this was tempered from necessity.  This can be sometimes mistaken for callousness, due to her seeming unhesitating nature of decision making.  Her tenacity is rather difficult to match, and she is quite intellectual.  However, she would gladly put her life on the line for those she -does- get close to, and beneath her hardened exterior, she is a quite caring individual.
History: Growing up, Zephyria seemed more like a human child than a winglie one, due to her seeming lack of aptitude concerning using magic.  At best, she was capable of doing little more than minor telekinetic tricks.  These abilities only minorly improved as time went by.  Eventually, the situation was looked at a bit more in depth, and it was determined that there was something missing...a broken link that prevented her from growing magically.  When she learned of this, she sought permission to travel to the outside world so as to search for what might fill the void that kept her from being complete.  This permission was granted.

After leaving the forest, Zephyria was exposed to how cruel and heartless the world could truly be.  She endured many hardships, and was forced to adapt and grow stronger in order to survive.  The once friendly, playful girl turned into a skilled, unyielding, and calculating young woman in order to survive.  Eventually, she ran across legends of Dragoons, warriors who wielded the power of dragons.  Perhaps, she thought, this could be an answer to the dilemma set before her, should she manage to figure out how to become one.  Thus, her true quest began, as she began searching for how to become a dragoon...  (tenative start, potential to be edited/added on to later as needed)

Jxnbury

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Alana Devlin.
Race: Wingly.
Home town: Lohan
Current location: Fueno.
Element/Color: Red-eyed Dragoon Spirit
Personality: Fiery-temper. Free spirit. (I usually make this mostly up along the way)
History:
Over the extended period of time which has passed since the near destruction of the world due to Melbu Frahma, there were many Wingly families who have abandoned their callous intentions towards humans integrating into the normal of society and abandoning old practices. Some have even chosen to take in human companions or life partners.
------
Alana was born and raised in Lohan, the commercial trading city. The young girl was an only child who spent most of her time on her own. Her parents were always too busy with life having to make frequent trips to Wingly cities, so they could monitor what was left of the Wingly population. She spent the majority of her time causing mayhem and disturbing the bazaar shop keepers. When the girl was not running around being a problem for the city, she was enjoying the nearby ocean or anywhere nearby where she could swim. She found water to be especially relaxing and comforting.

Alana's Wingly powers are in full bloom. She is quite skillful when using them but as expected of an ever newer generation, her power is nothing in comparison to even that of Meru's generation.The amount of time she can spend in flight is very limited and varies from each experience. She has not yet been chosen by the Dragoon Spirit. However, she has managed to acquire a stone (unbeknownst to her) which she snatched from one of the bazaar shop keepers who tried to assault her in the busy streets while she was causing some harmless trouble. She holds onto the trinket fondly now. The first time she had managed to steal something from the shop keepers without getting caught, usually she just like to break the merchandise or tamper with it.

Once a year, Alana would revel in arrival of the “Hero Competition”. She was always a faithful spectator in the crowd in complete awe of the power and intelligence demonstrated by the participants. As she became more interested in battle and power, the young woman began to practice Tang Soo Do while incorporating the use of something very similar to a cestus on both her left and right forearms.

The stronger that Alana became – The more her temper flared – The more aggressive her behavior became.

Green Goo Theory

Coming soon...

EdwardShane

Whoo, awesome!

I do have a question concerning posting...is there a header you want us to use, or does it not matter so much?  By header I mean like:

Name:

and so on, and so forth...

Green Goo Theory

Yeah, use a header.  Spaced on that.  Name, Tag, location, time in whatever order.    Pretty lenient here. 
Coming soon...

JayNighte

The GM controls the bar patrons and other NPCs, right? I want to make sure I'm doing this right.

Jxnbury

Quote from: JayNighte on May 25, 2014, 12:16:02 PM
The GM controls the bar patrons and other NPCs, right? I want to make sure I'm doing this right.

Any roleplay I've participated in. The GM only controls NPCs that affect important parts of the roleplay, particularly dice games.
If you want another beer, I would suggest just roleplaying getting another beer from the bartender yourself.

Green Goo Theory

Minor NPC's are fine for all ya'll to control.  I'll let you know where a line needs to be drawn. 
Coming soon...

Green Goo Theory

Also, official apology for hte lack of anything over the weekend.  Lost internet in the entire town I was in so I was left without.  I was too exhausted to really type anything meaningful last night or even a valid response here.  My bad
Coming soon...

EdwardShane

Lol, no worries, tonberry.  This sorta thing happens to the best of us.  What matters is that you're with us now. ^^

JayNighte

Okay, got it. Minor NPCs with no plot significance are run by players, major NPCs are run by GM. Also, I've had internet problems before, so I completely understand.

Jxnbury

We had this conversation already, so you know that I do not mind.  ::)

I am thoroughly enjoying the character development of my little troublemaker, though.  8-)

Green Goo Theory

anyone else want to post before I do anything else?
Coming soon...

EdwardShane

I'll try and get a post in when I get home from work

Green Goo Theory

Sorry for the delay on posting.  Been busy IRL.  Haven't gotten any IC posts anywhere in the alst few days.  On that note I did do something every character could have responded to.

I'll try to get it in tonight though
Coming soon...

EdwardShane

It happens.  I did manage to get a post in, though, and look forward to seeing where this goes ^^

Green Goo Theory

Just warning everyone I'm in the process of moving and internet may be gone for the week.  Hopefully no longer than that.  Gives everyone a chance to respond too (not that there wasn't enough time).  It was this I was kind of waiting for before I could settle in and jump head first into the RP anyway. 
Coming soon...

EdwardShane

Understandable.  Do what you need to, and looking forward to when we can fully get this underway!

StarStorm

Is this still open for new characters?