Looking for a GM

Started by Vekseid, September 25, 2014, 05:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

So about fourteen years ago... almost to the day, I was directed to a program called WebRPG - one of the first virtual tabletops if not the first.

Joined a 3e DnD campaign playing at 8 AM on weekday mornings. I figured it would be a committed game and that bet paid off. The campaign lasted for four years, and when WebRPG went pay we moved to OpenRPG. There, I met Serenity Vixen and her group, and they led me to RPoL.

Which led to Elliquiy's founding. : )

I was playing a young human wizard, and I rolled phenomenal stats for him (the equivalent of 42 point buy). Over the course of four years of real-life time, he went from 1st to 17th level, when the campaign fell apart. This was only four months in-game, and by the time he caught a break he would be a demigod. With him so close to immortality, some mentioned the issues with an archmage eternally locked at the peak of his hormones.

So, I want to run around in someone else's imagination again.

The sort of imagination where heaven(s), hell(s), the world(s), those beneath, and strange things from beyond are arrayed against the party. The sort of epic story where intellects numerous and alien have been plotting against each other for aeons, stepping on some hapless realm for their final showdown and ohshitwheredidthesemeatbagslearntodothatowthisdeaththinghurtsandtastesbad.

As in, I would like someone else to GM a nicely epic campaign, please. : ) For people who are waiting for me to run a game Legends of a World Unbent will probably be a go a month or two after Exalted 3e comes out.

• I would like a 'harem' campaign - where my character is the only male. I do want it to be a 'serious' game, as these things go, I just like a proper gender ratio. >_>
  • Chat-based, or at least with a chat component. Chat could be over IRC, a virtual tabletop, Minecraft, Mumble/Skype, or some combination, meeting roughly weekly at some set time. If this takes long enough to get together, the non-adult site I'm building will be ideal.
  • I do want a system game. Since some of the people poking me for this are new to systems, it should be fairly complete and publicly available for free. For the purposes of this post, I'm going to assume Pathfinder + possibly some 3.5e DnD elements.
  • I do tend to enjoy world building and development, if the GM wants that input. I would like to do something with Pathfinder's downtime rules if we go that route.
  • To speed things up, active sex scenes should be split off into separate sessions - on the forums or elsewhere - to avoid slowing down the main campaign.

At the moment, I'm mostly looking for someone crazy enough to GM, though feel free to post your interest if you want to play. While I have a lot of ideas of my own, I don't want to force them too much down a specific story path. I have ideas for perverted good-ish wizards and evil ones. Wouldn't mind two campaigns to explore both, actually >_>

If interested in GMing, please send me a PM rather than posting here - I don't want potential GMs to be discouraged by someone else declaring interest. Once I find someone or someones, we can get a party going. : )

If interested in playing, feel free to post, but I would probably refrain from being too specific until an actual campaign is ready.

Thank you for considering!

Specific campaign concepts

Magical University

System: Big Eyes Small Mouth (BESM) 3rd - familiarity not needed, just using the point spread to have your characters' abilities defined.

Setting: Modern fantasy or high fantasy

Fetishes: Tentacles, quasi-consensual, excessive semen, possibly breeding.

Synopsis: Magic exists in the world, but it is nigh exclusive to women. Men who castrate themselves can sometimes unlock their powers, and nearly every male magician is a eunuch. Even then, they are significantly weaker than their female counterparts.

Every once in a great while, a male is born with the ability to wield magic naturally. He usually gains a lot of power, very quickly, and historically, when improperly raised, they have caused a great deal of trouble. The previous such men were kidnapped by the Castrati, castrated themselves and raised 'normally'. This impedes their magical development, but the jealous eunuchs would have it no other way.

This time, the sorceresses got to the boy first, and have been raising him. Once his hormones started taking over, they moved him to their most prestigious magical university, in the hopes that the more powerful students and teachers there would be able to keep his lust somewhat contained.

They expect antics from him, and he knows they're not going to remove him so long as he does not try to seriously injure the students or faculty. He is going to be strong enough that he can 'handle' multiple students and teachers at a time.

Playstyle: This has the advantage in that not everyone necessarily needs to be familiar with the system to play or enjoy, and that missing sessions is no big deal and probably expected - your character could have missed class, simply not actively participated, etc. The purpose of BESM here is to mostly keep track of what characters are capable of. The GM may choose to provide challenges occasionally, but this campaign would mostly be an excuse to setup some good clean fun.

This one will probably be played out in PBP on E here and private chats, most often, and may not need a specific GM per se. : )

Return of the Gods

System: Mythic Pathfinder

Setting: A world where the last remotely decent god died millennia prior, and all that remains of divine magic is those dark horrors who madmen worship for a few tiny boons. 'Divine' magic is considered to be fell magic - everyone who provides it is evil. A few powerful arcane casters have set themselves up as 'gods', but these are like Razmir of Golarion - they cannot actually grant spells. Otherwise, even arcane magic is very rare - most often witches who made some bargain with one fell patron or another.

Fetishes: N/A (naughty stuff goes elsewhere and may involve whatever)

Synopsis: The PCs start at first level, with a few bonus feats, some extra racial features, and a good stat arrangement. They also start at mythic rank 3, with one free power per divine rank:

1) Immunity to divination magics, such as scrying
2) Mythic Sustenance
3) Divine Source

etc.

Players would also build a portfolio and get powers from those, though not always mechanically relevant (e.g. my character takes lust, his children are always of the mother's race.)

The characters are nascent goddesses thrust into this deiphobic world, and face a lot of extremely powerful people who would love to squash them while they can. The PCs would rarely get involved directly - their goals would be more along the lines of trying to recruit minions/worshippers and acting through them, making extensive use of followers, etc. They would be ridiculously powerful for their level, but if they remain in place for long, they are going to get squished.

Pumpkin Seeds

Doubtful I could run a game for you Veks, but would love to play.

Rel Mayer

Same as Pumpkins.

I'll play, but I can't run anything!

Vekseid

Seems like we have some maybe-bites for GMing.

I should mention, if you're going to PM me as such, please have some sort of campaign idea in hand so we can start bouncing ideas, please. : )

Pumpkin Seeds

Vekseid

Still fleshing out details at the moment, but I don't want to discourage other potential GMs from firing off an idea. : )

Muse

What setting was your campaing in?  q
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Vekseid

The one I was playing in was a high-magic homebrew world.

Carlissa

Putting down my interest for this. Not familiar with Pathfinder, but I'll do my best to keep up with everyone else!
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Etherealgirl

This sound interesting! Willing to give it a shot!

Vercile

Meliai

Tossing my potential hat into the ring as well, if the game falls into a time slot that works for me :-)
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Been looking for a game where I could play a 3rd party Pathfinder Kobold Press/Open Gaming Savant character, preferably on E because what fascinates me is the idea of the storyteller/adventuress who 'channels' the heroes she tells tales about...And becomes somewhat confused in her own persona and sexuality at times due to a certain amount of 'mental overlap.' Invoking some brawny, super-masculine barbarian's spirit for aid and then in the wake of the fight as 'he' dissipates and she returns to herself, finding herself eyeing the other nubile girls with a somewhat different perspective...I like the idea of her flipping around between far too interested, disinterested, weird-interested...etc.

If you have a GM who'd permit that class, and if that idea interests, then I'd definitely be intrigued, but I admit scheduling a regular timeslot for 'live' play via chat might be a problem for me.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Muse

Well, it looks like you've got plenty of gals interested.

I'd love to get in on this as an adventuring harem girl.   I can't curretnly run it, but if you don't have someone in the next few weeks things might have stabalized. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

OtakuStarchild

I'm very interested in this! If we're playing a Pathfinder game, I wouldn't mind being a Kitsune if that would be allowed. ^^

Vekseid

Added a couple of specific ideas, may flesh them out if there is interest. : )

Apple of Eris

I don't know a thing about pathfinder, but that setting sounds awesome. I'd totally play that if someone were willing to teach me a bit about the system (and it were mostly play by post, I don't know if I can meet at specific times OL each week).
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Saleen Shadows

I would love to play. Though I was also very interested in being a GM, I have no knowledge of either system and might be able to keep up a daily meet. Skype might be a problem for me as I am currently without a computer. But I shall do my best for like I said I am very interested.

Muse

There's a great free refrence for Pathfinderhere, Shadow: 

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Hm...

You know, I think I probably could run this.  I've got alot more time at home than I used too--though some of it involves hopping up for 10 minutes at atime to help out my dad.

Muse

If I were to run the Return of the Goddesses campaign idea, would you be okay if I set it in a rather exotic enviorment?  I'm thinking of--instead of a planet--a ring of breathable air with a bunch of large 'islands' orbiting through it.  Winged mounts would be a big theme for this world. 

Of course, both dragon and winged fiends would be major players. 

Vekseid

Quote from: Muse on October 15, 2014, 01:27:56 PM
If I were to run the Return of the Goddesses campaign idea, would you be okay if I set it in a rather exotic enviorment?  I'm thinking of--instead of a planet--a ring of breathable air with a bunch of large 'islands' orbiting through it.  Winged mounts would be a big theme for this world. 

Of course, both dragon and winged fiends would be major players.

Was getting to the point of debating to run it myself... it's quite a brainbug.

Something odd like that could be an excuse to put it on Legends of a World Unbent - I was thinking of having it be a demiplane/some oddity so that I wouldn't be constrained by the rules of normal planets. Myrleena ran an airship (Well, aethership) campaign for a bit, set in a gas-giant type planet the size of Jupiter with floating islands all over. She may have some ideas you can poke her brain for. Actually began to design an island for that game, myself.

Would like to be able to make skyships of some variety in such a world, though : )

Muse

*Smiles*  I was considering those myself. 

Perhaps skyships were common and plentiful during the days before the loss of the beneficent gods, but since then the infrastructure to create them has been wearing down.  Those that still exist are rare and valuable artifacts?  And an ambitious young wizard might actualy begin an epic quest simply out of desire to make one for himself? 

Vekseid

Quote from: Muse on October 15, 2014, 05:19:18 PM
*Smiles*  I was considering those myself. 

Perhaps skyships were common and plentiful during the days before the loss of the beneficent gods, but since then the infrastructure to create them has been wearing down.  Those that still exist are rare and valuable artifacts?  And an ambitious young wizard might actualy begin an epic quest simply out of desire to make one for himself?

Well I'd imagine it's completely gone, save for the occasional pretend god-king/queen who has the arcane knowledge to do it.

trained rocs and gryphon riders everywhere?

Muse

*smiles* 

Not everywhere, but such people are the dominant military and mercantile powers. 

You might also have halfling hot air balloons, gnomish glides, and elven flying machines woven together from living plants.  (Florathopters I call them.  :)  ) 

If you run, may I play with my buxom shepherdess/staff magus? 

If I run, how much of this game do you want resolved in real time? 

I like using skype and such to facilitate action sequences.  I do a lot better in text than voice, but could find some times to run real time sessions?

If we host the text on Legends of a world Unbent, would we have to either go completely PG 13 or handle the erotic content off site as well as in side threads? 

Vekseid

Quote from: Muse on October 15, 2014, 06:28:42 PM
  *smiles* 

Not everywhere, but such people are the dominant military and mercantile powers. 

You might also have halfling hot air balloons, gnomish glides, and elven flying machines woven together from living plants.  (Florathopters I call them.  :)  ) 

If you run, may I play with my buxom shepherdess/staff magus? 

If I run, how much of this game do you want resolved in real time? 

I like using skype and such to facilitate action sequences.  I do a lot better in text than voice, but could find some times to run real time sessions?

If we host the text on Legends of a world Unbent, would we have to either go completely PG 13 or handle the erotic content off site as well as in side threads?

Well, erotic content should go here on Elliquiy regardless.

Skype we've just been using to coordinate and run private roleplays.

Roll20 is a good virtual tabletop, but the chat medium somewhat blows.

I think, given the nature of the game, we might be able to have 'flexible' sessions, kind of the same way the BESM proposal would be - i.e. sometimes we'd be working with someone's underling, or somesuch.