This is War reboot - vampire/werewolf

Started by HockeyGod, July 26, 2018, 09:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DizzyIsabella

@Lokepick - Blody hell leave some for us girls!!!!
Do Not Go Gentle

Lockepick

All is fair in Love and Bisexual/Heteroflexible guys.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Black Howling

Holy shit, Lockepick is here! MY MAN!

Ahem.

I'm gonna try to get started on a Sheet today. I'm still researching what's with the setting and looking for an in.

Edit:
I have narrowed on a concept of sorts, but I have a question before starting Sheet('s). Would the GM's see it as poor form in this game to create two related characters, in this case brothers?

lux89

Quote from: Black Howling on September 05, 2018, 01:03:40 PM
Holy shit, Lockepick is here! MY MAN!

Ahem.

I'm gonna try to get started on a Sheet today. I'm still researching what's with the setting and looking for an in.

Edit:
I have narrowed on a concept of sorts, but I have a question before starting Sheet('s). Would the GM's see it as poor form in this game to create two related characters, in this case brothers?

I love that!! Yes brothers sound great! HockeyGod and I'll look forward to it!

lux89

Quote from: Lockepick on September 05, 2018, 12:58:19 PM
All is fair in Love and Bisexual/Heteroflexible guys.

...you want what you can't have  ;D

DizzyIsabella

Do Not Go Gentle

lux89

DizzyIsabella

Have a feeling I’m going to have trouble trying to be the biggest bitch around here  >:)
Do Not Go Gentle

HockeyGod

Quote from: DizzyIsabella on September 05, 2018, 05:13:42 PM
Have a feeling I’m going to have trouble trying to be the biggest bitch around here  >:)

LOL! You have to stand in line for that title. Perhaps we should have a pageant.  ::)

Black Howling

Faceclaim: Levi Stocke

Name: Ross Farland

Race: Werewolf

Position:

Physical appearance: Tall, stocky and tattooed, Ross is as intimidating as he is big. He's got dense brown hair on his face and head, matching his eyes toe for toe to complete the look. His state of dress stays casual most days, preferring more durable fabrics for his work.

Character bio: Ross's dad was an American Aircraft pilot and mechanic during the horrors of the first world war. While he never bothered to get details on the whole story, apparently at one point or another, he fell for one of the wolves in the pack and was brought in. It was a year later, and just shortly after the war ended, that Ross was born. The first of two children the pair would have. His little brother Rory came a few years after, but eh, that's an entirely different story.

Ross grew up with the pack, learning mechanics from his father who took care of most of those needs. It was on the way here from Sweden that things went bad for them, and an accident along the way proved fatal for he and his brother's parents. Taking it hard, he just tried to muscle through, eventually finding some solace working with his hands once they got to Inverness. Now he owns a decent tow and repair business in the area, working with his brother ofcourse.

Personality: Aggressive, cynical and rough around the edges. Those are most often used words to describe the big man, but luckily that isn't all there is to him. While rough, he 's not mean, and more than that he's loyal to a fault. Always someone that can be counted on, even if it comes with a grunt or a growl, he'll be there.

Sexual orientation: Bi-sexual.

Pre-arranged associations:
His brother, and business partner Rory.

Other notes of interest about the character:
Master Mechanic
Has tow truck, and a good front.
Isn't afraid to use it to help clean up pack messes.

Played by: Black Howling

Black Howling

Faceclaim: Andre Hamann
Name: Rory Farland

Race: Werewolf

Position: N/A

Physical appearance: Tall and handsome with an athletic physique, Rory ends up having a similar look to his brother. He's got light brown hair, hazel eyes, and hair in all the right places. His clothing is still that of what you'd expect from a mechanic, but tends to be nicer and well maintained than let's say, his brother.

Character bio: Rory is the second son fathered by Roger Farland, and has always been the more wild child of the bunch. While his brother was off learning mechanics, he was getting into every sort of trouble he could. In fact, it was like that was his middle name or something. He still learned the "Family Trade", but never had the passion for it that he had for other things. Especially once puberty hit and those other things started being people.

While this has slowed over the years, a spike was seen when he and his brother's parents died. In recent years, he's settled his tone some, but still likes to let loose on any occasion that he can. He works with his brother at the shop, but knowing his brother's skills trump his own, he's given him the lead on it and acts more like an employee than partner most of the time.

Personality: Outgoing, Upbeat and full of energy. All words that accurately describe Rory. Almost always with a smile or smirk on his face, he can come off as a Joker, but deep beneath his commitment issues, he has the same loyalty his brother possesses. It's just in limbo right now.

Sexual orientation: Pansexual

Pre-arranged associations: Ross, his brother and business partner.

Other notes of interest about the character:
Can drive anything with wheels.

Played by: Black Howling

lux89

!!! <3

I love Ross and Rory, sweet jesus. Sweet, lawrdy jesus. *shouts off-stage "HockeyGod!"*
Once HockeyGod approves, you can post them in the character thread!

Black Howling

Quote from: lux89 on September 06, 2018, 02:43:14 AM
!!! <3

I love Ross and Rory, sweet jesus. Sweet, lawrdy jesus. *shouts off-stage "HockeyGod!"*
Once HockeyGod approves, you can post them in the character thread!

xD Glad you like them! I tried.

On another note, if anyone wants to hash some connections out, feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm all in for the plotting!

Levi

A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

DizzyIsabella

Do Not Go Gentle

lux89

Black Howling, I just got word from HockeyGod. You're approved! Go on and post them in the characters thread and join us!

Black Howling

Quote from: lux89 on September 06, 2018, 10:29:05 AM
Black Howling, I just got word from HockeyGod. You're approved! Go on and post them in the characters thread and join us!

Hell yeah, I'll get that done shortly.

Quote from: DizzyIsabella on September 06, 2018, 04:35:23 AM
Dang I think I need my car fixing.

Hmm. Well I think we can fit in a thorough inspection at some point. :P

Chantarelle

Hi. I’d like to play...

Name: Emrafah Hyzenthlay

Race: Vampire

Position: N/A

Physical appearance: 5’8.5 ft tall, light brown eyes with flecks of black, dark brown hair.

Character bio:She was a touring ballerina once. Raised in New York but trained in Russia, Emrafah was destined for great things...once.

She had fans, amazing fans who would diligently come to all her performances when she happened to be in town. But one admirer proved vastly more devoted than any of the others.

She noticed him after a performance in Prague while she was taking her bows. He sat in the front row but never clapped. After that she saw him everywhere, in every city. Always in the front row, always never clapping.

One night she was leaving the theatre to join her troupe for a celebratory drink when the man from the front row assaulted her and abducted her. She was only 19.

For ten years he tortured her in every imaginable way and at the end of it he turned her, after which, he fled. He left her there, discarded, altered and brand new. A fledging vampire driven mad.

Personality: Volatile, impulsive, unpredictable, prone to vice

Sexual orientation: Heterosexual

Played by: Chantarelle
“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

HockeyGod

Welcome Chantarelle - you are approved. Look to a PM for a discord invite and your character sheet will be up soon ;)

Malrunar

Just a friendly nudge! The wolves are out-numbered by vamps, and the humans are out-numbered by all parties. Also; there are still quite a few single lady characters in the came! ;) (And some hot fellas, if you prefer those!)

HockeyGod

lux89

NEW FACTION ADDED! Witches and wizards have been living in Inverness, Scotland, little did the vamps and wolves know~

Werewolves
Three known forms:  Human, Wolfman and Wolf.

Werewolves are either created after surviving an attack or born with at least one werewolf parent. In the attack, they actually have to be fully bitten in order to be infected. Werewolf abilities that are born with (rather than created) lay dormant until puberty, so that the body is more physically mature and can handle heightened strength and senses. They are faster and stronger than Humans, their senses exceedingly acute. Silver bullets that stay inside the body can kill a Werewolf. However, just like vampires the more powerful they are, the harder it is to kill them. If wolfsbane was ingested by a Werewolf, then it is poisonous.

In order to heal quickly they must shift into a form other than Human. They can shift at will, but it is exhausting to switch back and forth often. During the full moon, newly turned Werewolves or Werewolves that have not shifted will be unable to stop from doing so. Once the first shift has taken place, the full moon gives them a stronger urge to change forms, an urge they can resist if they wanted to. Strong emotions will spur on the need to change forms. So when a Werewolf is under the influence of a powerful emotion there might be slight changes in appearance, such as eye color change, deepening voice, elongating teeth, until they are able to gain control of the emotion once more. Werewolves feel emotion more strongly than any other creature.  So when a Werewolf is either angry, or sad, or passionate about something, the emotion is amplified making it harder for them to control the different emotions, especially the stronger ones.

Unlike Vampires, most Werewolves are active and viable members of the Human community, holding down jobs and making friends among them as they hide what they truly are. They have the full range of Human emotions but they are predators.  This being said, as a whole, they are more likely to think of Humans as more equal than Vampires do.

Vampires
Four known forms:  Human, Batman, Mist, and Bat.

Vampires cannot be in sunlight, lest they combust. Crosses, holy water, and other holy symbols have an effect only on Vampires if they are wielded by a true believer. Silver Bullets can kill a Vampire, but the more powerful the Vampire is, the more damage they can take. A stake to the heart does nothing but piss the Vampire off unless it's made of silver. Garlic has no effect.

Without human blood a Vampire will slowly waste away until they are walking husks, finally slipping into a coma-like state until they are given blood or sense prey within reach. When they have not fed, a Vampire's skin is cold to the touch and pale with no blush or color to it. Once they have fed, their skin can be warm if they wish and coloring takes on a more Human hue. They are faster, stronger and have better senses than Humans do. Vampires can fascinate their chosen prey, leaving them with vague impressions and confusion when they are done if they do not choose to kill their victim. Their bite is pleasurable unless they choose for it not to be. After an instant of pain, they can cloud the mind and make it a sensual and erotic experience. Not all Vampires choose to be that kind. Above all else, remember that Vampires are predators. They are meant to inspire fear and enjoy what they are. They can feel the full Human range of emotions, however they do not think of any other creature as equal to them, they believe they are the top of the food chain. To become a Vampire a Human must be near death from being drained of blood and feed upon a Vampire's blood; doing this is a successfully contaminated blood transfusion.

Human: Non-affiliated

A Human without any affiliation will almost always have no idea what goes bump in the night. They can suspect but not know the truth. A hunter/slayer is the exception to the rule and playing a hunter must be passed through a GM. This type of Human will likely become affiliated in one way or another fairly quickly.

Human: Pack Affiliated

These are Humans who know about the supernatural denizens of Inverness and for whatever reason have associated themselves with the Werewolves. In cases these are family members, friends, or lovers of people who have been turned into Werewolves, supporting the pack as a way to maintain the ties they had originally. They help Werewolves to hide what they truly are, closely guarding the secrets of the pack members and doing things for the pack that would risk a pack member being discovered.

Human: Coven Affiliated

These are Humans who know about the supernatural denizens of Inverness and for whatever reason have associated themselves with the Vampires. In many cases these are family members, friends, or lovers of people who have been turned into Vampires, supporting the Coven as a way to maintain the ties they had originally. They can also be Blood Dolls (food) or slaves of the Coven or individual Vampires to be arranged by the respective players. Can also be bound servants.  This is a bond that allows the Vampire in question to emotionally and mentally manipulate a Human beyond the normal level, binding them together. These servants are usually called Daywalkers, the Humans trusted enough to do things for the Coven or individual Vampires during daylight hours while their Master(s) sleep.

Human: Magic Affiliated

Magicians, merlins, wizards, witches, and hags are living humans, above age of seventeen. Rites are the only method. No wands, gestures, or chants. Enchanted objects and areas only. Requisites are: a pint of untainted human blood, real silver, sigils, and 3 hours for it to charge fully. Stronger or longer effect if the enchantment was left charging in direct sunlight. (Solarized.) Tampering with blood, silver, and/or sigils can destroy the magic. If it was solarized, it is not easily destroyed. Craft must be written before using enchanted objects/areas. No shortcuts. No celestial, elemental, or bodily manipulation. (Fire, water, earth, air, lightning/electricity, ice, snow, light, darkness, any manifest is an element. These cannot be used or created.) Blessed school of magic is for safe zones like the Pub; preventing entry or violence. Cursed school of magic is for trap zones; preventing exit or restoration. Other schools of magic will be specified. Big rites like the Pub (due to size of influence, permanence in time) require solarization and more than one magician to complete. Small rites (small size, short duration) can be crafted individually. Rites take stamina, much like running uphill and swimming upriver. Best made one at a time at different times through the day/night, after enough food and rest. Ignorant Humans, Werewolves, and Vampires could be nervous and suspect something weird in the room but since no sparks fly, no hand nor mouth moves, they can't quite place it.

Other notes concerning Humans

Affiliated and non-affiliated Humans alike can be converted to another race, but only if the Human's writer is agreeable to this.  It should be discussed prior between the writers involved and then passed through one of the GMs, so that there isn't a huge difference in the numbers of Vampires and Werewolves. Please make sure that if your character wishes to 'attack' one of the Humans, that you first clear it with the other writer since we want to avoid 'godmodding' other people's characters.

Interested? Check this thread and PM lux89 and HockeyGod to enlist in the war that's about to spark!

pandalicious

Howling in from the shadows
I feel a need to partake in this tale of war! Will make a sheet as soon as possible

lux89

Howling back
Yay HockeyGod and I shall look forward to it, pandalicious! ;D

lux89

https://youtu.be/kZfddSufQkI

THIS IS WAR

Vampires and lycans will be at everyone's throats.