The Gingerbread House (All Welcome - Open Rp)

Started by Aislinn, July 28, 2013, 11:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aislinn

~*~ The Gingerbread House ~*~

Welcome to the Gingerbread House! Take a seat by the fireplace and listen to our few, but important rules!

The Gingerbread House is located in the public non-adult portion of Elliquiy. As such, all rules regarding public posting are expected to be followed by approved and non approved members alike. This is where you can come just for a free open RP! Anyone is welcome, and you can just drop in as you feel like it--no invitation is required to step in here. We welcome all visitors to the Gingerbread House. You can come be in-character here if you want, enjoy socializing in a more relaxed environment, and just overall have a good time. Want to be silly, just chill, or just be random? This is where you can do it! Please keep everything at a PG-13 level and have fun.

This site rule generally covers what we would like you to be mindful of:

QuoteBe polite, be civil, be respectful. Just because something is not expressly forbidden, does not mean that we will tolerate it. If you are constantly rude, inconsiderate, or otherwise act like a jerk, we will smack your privileges around until you get the hint and behave. If you cannot behave, you will be directed elsewhere.

The Gingerbread House is hosted by Liege Blythe, Lady Aislinn and Lord Dovel. We welcome all that would like to converse and role-play within! Unapproved and approved members are all welcome here.

Oh! Were you thinking of that Hansel and Gretel? I’m sorry….we should have been more specific! Be mindful of the rules or we will have to let this Hansel and Gretel know!  ;D

Enjoy!
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Blythe

Blythe slips into the new house, inhaling the fresh scent of the living room around him, and he makes himself comfortable in one of the chairs by the fire. He has a book to read and a small glass of red wine in one pale hand, and he announces with satisfaction, "Ah, marvelous to see that the construction of he Gingerbread House is complete."

Aislinn

Aislinn slips into the room quietly, bringing trays of snacks and such for the visitors. Noticing Blythe, she smiles and waves with one hand, miraculously managing not to spill everything before getting it delivered to the table. " Hello, love! Nice to see that you found your way here."

I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Beguile's Mistress

Drops off some freshly baked gingerbread hearts as a housewarming gift to show the love.

Aislinn

I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Beguile's Mistress

You're welcome, love.  You all have a nice place here.

*looks around a bit then curls up near the fire with some wine fruit dipped in chocolate*

I can only stay a bit tonight but I'll be sure to drop back in from time to time. :-)

Blythe

Blythe perks up at the gift basket left by BeMi and notices that, if he's right, those are gingerbread! He smiles and waves to BeMi, calling out, "Thank you! I think I'll have one...and save some for any others that would like to visit. And we're happy that you can drop in any time, BeMi, even if it's only for a bit." He picks up a cookie and nibbles into it, and it tastes delightful. He licks his lips happily and says, "Oh, these are divine."

Oreo

Oreo is not so housewarming and drags herself in, dropping her gun on the nearby table.

Nice place you have here. *settles onto the couch and fluffs her bunny slippers* Anybody have the makings for a PB&J?

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Aislinn

Grins as she notices the newest visitor, busying herself in the expansive kitchen and bringing a platter full of a variety of different breads, jellies and peanut butter. Slipping it down onto the table next to Oreo with a wide spreading knife.

"Hello...and anything else?"  ;D
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Oreo

Grabs the sandwich and looks it over with greedy eyes, before sinking her teeth in. "Thads delishuz."

Her pupils go wide as a sudden bout of arachibutyrophobia overcomes her. Frantically she pats the table and sets down the sandwich. Desperate swallowing motions ensue. Finally, with a grateful breath she mutters, "Got milk?"

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Red Woman

Red comes racing down the path in her Ferrari and parks the car right in front of the porch. She gets out and strives into the door, holding three bottles of Champagne.
“Where do I put these” she asks?
* Doesn’t wait for an answer and puts them on the nearest table. Looks around *
“This place is gorgeous!” “Hi Blythe, Hi Oreo” and she gives BeMi and Aislinn a big hug.
* Goes around the room checking out everything *
“So where’s the music? When is the dancing starting?”

Oreo

*Oreo grabs up her gun at all the commotion*

"Oh Red, it's you! Welcome. What kind of music do you like?"

*leaves the gun resting across her knees*

Blythe

Blythe smiles in pleasure at the newest visitor, admiring the Ferrari. He gestures her inside and takes the three bottles, saying, "Let me put these away, and perhaps they can all be shared amongst the guests! Welcome, Red."

He flicks on a small stereo that plays a dance tune with a wicked bass line to it, and he says, "Dancing can start whenever you like!" He decides to dance a little, too, in time to the new beat, and he sways and shakes it with the music. "I can always change the music if anyone wants anything different, of course," he adds.

Red Woman

Red tosses a kiss hand at Blythe and starts dancing wildly.
Meanwhile keeping her eyes focussed on the gun Oreo is holding.
“Who else is coming?”

Blythe

Blythe realizes the Oreo has been left without milk, and he fetches her some from the kitchen of the house, bringing her milk...in a wine glass. He grins sheepishly and explains, "We don't have all of our dishes yet. Drinking milk has never been fancier."

He dances a bit more, catching Red's kiss with a free hand, and he says to Red, "Well, it's hard to say! Quite literally anyone can come in here if they like. You might have to wait and see." He notices the gun in Oreo's lap and thinks immediately of Elmer Fudd hunting wabbits.

Oreo

*glances up at the picture of Hansel and Gretel* I have decided to play the hunts-woman. Thank goodness you can't see my bunny slippers in the photo or you'd never take me seriously.

photo

"No need to worry Red, the gun is for the big bad wolves."

*gratefully accepts the glass of milk* "Don't make me giggle, Blythe or I might snort milk out my nose."

*imagining a wolf in wabbits clothing*

Red Woman

Red comes out of her trance (finally !)
"Sorry guys, for being so absent(minded) for a while, needed to get rid of all the flies in my head.. Also, this music was delicious...

So what's happening?
Can anyone tell me how to put on a new cd on this player? I'd really like The Prodigy right now.."

* keeps jumping up and down of excitement *

Dovel

He took notice of his name at the top.

"Hm, Lord Dovel. That is quite a title for a simple man. I have been known by many names over the years. Nasruddin, Inpetus, Almeirim, Sinbad, Polo and even been labeled a thief though I never took nothing that wasn't truly offered. I think Dovel will suite me well here."

He seemed almost startled when Red came out of her trance. "I am not sure how to operate that fancy contraption young lady but is there anything to eat? I once had soup fashioned from a stone you know. And I am not a beggar mind you. I can pay."

Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay

Red Woman

"So there you are!
Was wondering if you were ever going to show up at your own housewarming.
Speaking of, I thought hosts were the ones that provided food.
I brought some booze, nothing to eat, except maybe.."

Dovel

Glanced up to his name again and back to the woman before him.

"My housewarming? Do you mean to say that I am employed here?" With hands running down over his body he tried to straightened his rumbled clothing. "I assure you I have no memory of being employed or any wages discussed."

A devilish look came to his eyes as he spied the booze Red brought. "But, if you say I do work here then who am I to disagree? I suppose it would be proper to forage about and make ourselves at home. Lets see if we can find some glasses, shall we m'lady?"

Red Woman

Well Dovel, let me make one thing clear: I don’t expect you to work, just saying it’s your party and your house, so you should know where to find stuff like glasses and food.
Further I’m not serving either, but since you asked nicely, I’ll take a look in the kitchen what’s to eat
walks to the kitchen, and glances about looking for food *
“lots of goodies over here, what would you like? Sweet, savory?”

Oreo

*peeks an eye open while shoving the package of oreos behind her back* "Hmmmm, if all else fails you can nibble the walls. Though, I have heard that can lead to difficulties."

Dovel

A smile touched his lips as he eyed both of the lovely women before him.

"Well, I think perhaps for now I should find a place to rest." He took a seat by the fire and enjoyed the pleasant warmth as he rested his eyes.

fretboardmagic

Fret walks in and plops down on a couch. This place was nifty. He scanned the room to see who all was there.

Katiana

*Wanders in looking around at the cottage*

Nice place. I usually bring cookies to a house warming but it seemed somewhat inappropriate so I brought something even better.

*tugs in a big box behind her and leans down fiddling with the clasp until she eventually throws the lid open*