I love being a Gaming Girl

Started by Psycho Serenity, May 28, 2012, 03:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psycho Serenity

So yes, as the title says, I love being a gaming girl. So many people find it so strange but it makes talking with guys a whole lot easier. It's funny to see some guys reaction when I mention that I'm a gamer. So, out of curiosity, what games do you people play?
Life won't ever be perfect, there will always be hurt...

So stand up and make a difference, provide light in a dark life.

You never know just how far the rays will reach.

Inkidu

Hi, and welcome to E, I hope your approval goes smoothy. You might have better luck in here though. This is the general gaming thread for everything.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=38184.5750

Though Skyrim and Diablo III have their own threads.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Psycho Serenity

Ah, okay. I thought the title Forum Gaming was simply for games played through forums since I saw lots of those kind of things, not gaming discussion. Thanks though. ^^

Vekseid

That's the socializing thread, at over five thousand posts it's not exactly full of in-depth discussion :-p

Plus gaming isn't video-game specific. Have a Pathfinder game going on. Haven't done many video games lately.

Quote from: Physcho Serenity on May 28, 2012, 03:59:27 PM
Ah, okay. I thought the title Forum Gaming was simply for games played through forums since I saw lots of those kind of things, not gaming discussion. Thanks though. ^^

You were correct.

Psycho Serenity

I've been meaning to try Pathfinder, just a little low on the cash to buy the books and such.

Vekseid

Quote from: Physcho Serenity on May 28, 2012, 04:04:21 PM
I've been meaning to try Pathfinder, just a little low on the cash to buy the books and such.

The SRD for Pathfinder is on-line. : )

Also if you open a thread like this you should answer your own question so more people may comment. : )

Inkidu

I just thought she was looking for general discussion... 
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Psycho Serenity

Ah, well. I play way too many games. XD But I suppose I could list a few. I'm really into a couple liiiike... Drizzt edition D&D, Kingdom Hearts, Battlefield, Final Fantasy, Dynasty Warriors and Twisted Metal. Those are the ones I'm playing most recently.

Callie Del Noire

Well Keep an eye out... we tend to surface to talk about each new book in Pathfinder as it comes out. I'm sort of drooling in anticipation of the new Ulitimate Race book coming out next month.

All sorts of crunchy bits. So far Paizo has teased with Catfolk/Tengu feats, traits, spells, magic and such, Changeling archetypes for Witches and hints towards all sorts of crunch for native outsiders like the Teiflings/Assimars.. (fyi.. the Aasimar source book..a little one,) will be out soon.)

Psycho Serenity

Sweet, I'm definitely going to check it out once I have enough cash to do so. :P

Healergirl

I rather like Pathfinder, I really like Mongoose Publications Traveler, I hv e played and Gm'd third edition GURPS, not tried 4th.

Computer games, I like Age of empires - the onliine version has my interest, but I have not committed yet.  I like Europa Universais.  Adore it, actually - very strong historical flavor, I am often forced into courses of action I don't want to commit to by the flow of events.  Sope people hate that, I like having to think on my feet, as it were

LunarSage

I love gamer girls so much that I married one.  ;D

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

NotoriusBEN

welcome to the forums, 2012 is definitely looking to be a great year in gaming.

Diablo 3 and Dragon's Dogma just came out. Both really good for the fantasy combat department. Diablo is Diablo, but Dragons Dogma is more action oriented. You hire 'pawns' from other players, kill bandits, and jump on large creatures like ogres and chimera and stab them. Its large and open like Skyrim but with a more robust combat.

Dark/Demon Souls are kind of 'rogue-like'. Their difficulty is rather high, in that even being high level, a low level monster can still hurt or kill you. The pacing of combat is... deliberate. You gotta think on your toes and exploit the enemy's openings.

Later this year around October/November the XCom UFO Defense tactical reboot is coming out. Pretty sure Endless Space (think Masters of Orion but more awesome) will be out as well.

That takes care of the video games, and like the others said, there are a lot of pen and paper games out and about as well. Pathfinder, DnD, ShadowRun, Traveller... it goes on.

Healergirl

Yay Traveller!  I love what Mongoose Publications has done with it.

Lord of Shadows

Oh where to begin :)

Tabletop: Shadowrun and the White Wolf lines... those are the main ones actually. Beyond those I number of Swedish once that hasn't hit the English market.

Computer: Mass Effect series, StarCraft series and now Diablo 3.

Chris Brady

* Chris Brady looks at his gaming collection, the six hundred plus books, which is about 50 separate TTRPGs, and then the 50 video games.

Yeah, I love gaming. :p
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

NotoriusBEN

I want to be happy for planetside 2, lord knows I played a ton of planetside 1 during its release, but Number 1 devolved into ineffective reaver rocket spams, full clips of ammo that did nothing, and paper vehicles that exploded to pistol ammo. Not to mention expansions that made purchasers nigh invincible to core gamers.

If it manages to stay logical and lethal I'll pick it up again.

Chris Brady

Sorry, I have 72 video games, spread among PS3, Wii, PSP and PC.  That's not including the three pages full of them on my iPad (several of which are JRPG style games, no Angry Birds.)
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

HairyHeretic

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on June 05, 2012, 06:08:01 PM
I want to be happy for planetside 2, lord knows I played a ton of planetside 1 during its release, but Number 1 devolved into ineffective reaver rocket spams, full clips of ammo that did nothing, and paper vehicles that exploded to pistol ammo. Not to mention expansions that made purchasers nigh invincible to core gamers.

I can't say my experiences in PS match yours.

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on June 05, 2012, 06:08:01 PM
If it manages to stay logical and lethal I'll pick it up again.

I have high hopes for it as well, and given it will be FtP I can see no reason not to pick it up :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

MasterMischief

Quote from: LunarSage on June 04, 2012, 09:59:45 AM
I love gamer girls so much that I married one.  ;D

I knew I should have held out.   ;D

Josietta

*smirks at MM*

I too am a gaming girl.. playing various TTRPG (Pathfinder, Heroes Unlimited, Classic Marvel, V:tM, W:tA, Shadowrun 4th ed, Mutants and Masterminds, Star Wars, Exalted, Serenity... the list goes on), a couple MMORPG (WoW, City of Heroes, Champions Online, Age of Conan, even Maple Story >.< --- I think thats about the extent of those.. might be missing one or two), console games -- mostly preferring first person shooters to RPGs or GTA and Guitar Hero Series, and I have a few ipad/itouch type games  (Sims, AngryBirds, TradeNations, a few others that are just random time passers).

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!