interest check. MMO of corruption

Started by insaneplots, October 29, 2012, 08:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

insaneplots

Details for the game RP
Plot: A special academy has it own special video game a high tech game that most of the female students and even staff play. It's a MMO styled fantasy RPG that links a persons mind to the game. A group of male students lead by the schools most skilled Hacker has cracked the code and rewritten it to allow himself and the guys to take over the role of the monsters in the game and have been transforming the game into a preverted and depraved form of its intended method. The master hacker has even learned that the code he used could be used to implant behaviors into the real life versions of the characters.
Male players play as monsters minor and major. For obvious reason not everyone can play super powerful monsters for this reason players are limited by what monsters they can start as and as they get a special level up they gain new mods, skills or can change the monster race they take over.
Female players are the games main players.
The game is localized within a private school so players know each other in and out of game, as well as their defilers though they may not be aware of it.
Due to its interface, a neural collar for control is used and a VR helmet for complete immersion in the game. The players basically sit or lay down as their mind is linked to the game certain safe features are in place to prevent overloads. Some girls note a soreness from heavy long term rounds but this soreness is just a neural echo that fades after half an hour.

Wanted character types
The brainy top of the class.
The  Stuck up student council President
The schools nurse.
One of female staff members that plays 'to keep in touch with what the girls at the school are talking about.'

TheHangedOne

I'd be interested in playing a male character, possibly even the mastermind.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

insaneplots

the master mind is already taken, though the plot I have he has two of his buddies he brought in first to help Those roles are reserved for Co-Gm's that would be responsible for helping to get the rest of the system figured. it's very simple number stat system, no dice involved.

here's a chunk of what I have for Character Creation.
Game stats Are on a range of 0to1000 new players always start with 100 in each stat and as they take on a class in their first adventure stats are raised to presets for a 1st level of that class. Each class has a max for a certain stat this usually has to do with the class type. (corruption code is the only exception this stats is still 0-1000 but it starts at 0 and builds the more a player fails)

Strength, melee classes have alot of this stat a reduced Strength leave the subject weak and for the most part helpless a negative strength score leaves the subject helpless and unable to move in a combat based manners

Willpower, Mental strength Used by magical classes for spell casting the higher the will power to stronger a character can resist disabling attacks. At the end of a battle willpower recovers at a rate of 10 points per round. A negative willpower puts the subject in a helpless trance where they are unable to access the games menu.

Stamina, this stats slowly goes up and down from various activities rest and food generally restore it. any action takes a certain number of stamina points.

S.Stamina, Used mainly by the monsters this number determines how many time a monster can defile a victim during an encounter. For players this stat is new and starts High it indicates how long they take to recover from being defiled, The effects stack so if a player is defiled by multiple monsters they take longer to recover. as the characters level up they can reduce this stats by buying points or getting special skills.

Agility, How agile a character or monster is agility adjusts a players defensive score.

Arousal, This gauge rises and falls with each special encounter certain actions affect characters differently

(hidden) Code corruption, This is seen by the monsters on each girl this gauge tells them how many times they've 'lost' to the monsters and were defiled if the bar fills up the girls mind is fully linked into the game and the master hacker (the games final Boss) has gain access to brainwash the girl into anything he wants outside of the game. The higher the level of the monster the more powerful it's corruption code rate is.

The level of a subjects corruption code can adversely affect them in the real world
Subject is addicted to the game wants to play it whenever available.
Subject in game and to a lesser extend in the real world would begin dressing more scantly clad
subject feels more submissive in the real world
subject would rather do nothing but play the game
the player becomes easily distracted when flirted with; mind almost immediately goes to the last encounter they had in game.
Subject wants to wear her neural link at all times like a slave collar
Subject begins to think more about the game and sex than anything else
specific control commands can be implanted These commands are usually verbal cause the subject to preform a pre-set response.
Subjects mind is mostly gone They behave like a bubbly bimbo any guy can get them to do anything and they would much rather fuck and play the game than do anything else.
The subject can have her mind reprogrammed to become anything the master hacker wants so long as the neural link is on their neck their minds are completely accessible for him to rewrite.

Combat stats are on e scale of 1-100

MP: magic power based off of a subject will gauge The higher the Mp the more powerful the caster

Def: defensive score takes a players agility and armor to get this score

Attack power; based on strength and weapon stats

HP How many Hit points a player has if reduced to Zero HP the subject is logged off for an hour.

Classes and class jobs
Fighter (focus on attack power)
   Ranger
      +10 to attack power stamina and agility
      -20 to willpower
Resistant to natural created Potions, poisons, and drugs, magically created one have normal effect.
Natural fighter Rangers use huntsman based weapons and are limited to leather armors.
   Barbarian
      +20 to Strength and stamina
-30 to willpower
Able to enter a rage that reduces mental damage but no tactics can be made and the players inventory is locked to them.
Unable to use magic skills of any kind.
   Knight
+10 to Strength Stamina
-10 to agility
Can use any one handed weapons, certain 2-handed weapons, and any armor.
Must use fine quality or better weapons after reaching level 5.
Rogue
   Scout
   Thief
   Assassin
Healer
   Cleric
   Druid
   Purifier
Mage
   Magic Bird
   Sorcerer
   Elementalist

Siereis

Definitely interested in this! Though how many players did you anticipate having?  I'm gonna go ahead and call the student president character.  However...can we get a more detailed version of the character sheets?  In any case this thing sounds like it has a lot of promise.

insaneplots

I'm hoping to get a fair sized group of players The other reason I would like Co-Gms so that while i have everything down for one area in the game world they would have everything down in another.

I was actually just about to do that for another player. I want to note This is all a home brew system I'm not going to have all the stats down perfectly in the beginning some I'm pulling out of my ass as we go but the game is very system light. Obviously a first level in game character wouldn't stand much of a chance against a high level boss but that's why you play it out. Also players may make themselves any character between 1st and 10th level (base your character level by how often your role would play the game.) the code corruption in the game started three days ago in game so some players might even have some code corruption already if they want.

Player and monster Character sheets
Name:
Race:
Class
level
Skills
Stats
Strength
Willpower
Stamina
S. Stamina
Agility
Arousal
Code Corruption
Combat stats
MP
Def
Attack
HP
Specials

Meliai

Tentatively interested, depending on how the system is implemented. It's really easy for combat to be game-killing-ly slow with system type things. Are you actually going to do opposed rolls and such when the girls are in the game, or are the stats just sort of there to give us an idea of what the game characters' relative abilities are?

Assuming that all checks out I'll nab the brainy top of the class girl I think.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

insaneplots

The math is simple for basic attacks your attack power- their Def power(/ by 2)= damage. Spells will have a set damage value and weapons merely increase attack power and may have special effects. <for more numerical visual of above equation./ (170-150)=20/2=10 damage.>

Obviously class abilities will allow a bit of modding attack values but not by a whole lot.

Now you might ask what happens if a massively powerful monster comes into play and their def value is greater than my highest possible attack value? well enjoy the defilement that is the goal of the monsters and you just fell into their clutches.

But in all seriousness the object of the game for the female player characters would be to beat the monsters become powerful enough and maybe get threw the game without being corrupted too many times. the goal of the player monsters is to target the girls disable them and defile them to spread the corruption code to the players minds. Most that are high enough level would not get out of the game without even the slightest bit of corruption.

Meliai

The thing is, if you're trusting people to pick what level their in-game character is I don't see why you can't trust them to decide the outcome of fights OOC? Even if the rolls are simple you're stuck doing one attack per post which can make a 2 minute fight take weeks out of game unless the people involved just happen to be online at the same time. This sort of situation is one of the big reasons so many play by post system games peter out.

Not trying to tell you how to run your game or anything of course I've just seen a lot of games fall apart because of this, and I'm not much of a fan of hack and slash so I'll probably bow out then.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

insaneplots

I see you're point and with the style of play that goes on here in E better to leave it more free form. So characters stats would be better left just a guideline save the Corruption rating which only rises when a player is defiled and the rating just helps to guideline the corrupted behavior of the player doesn't mean they can't act any more or even slightly less than the rating suggests. If it were a more direct small group then the stats would have some merit.