News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Santorum

Started by Sabby, January 15, 2012, 07:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trieste

Damn skippy. I want to see abolishment of divorce laws, and an executive order that everyone who has admitted to adultery be stoned.

*assistant comes in and whispers in Trie's ear* ... what? *whisperwhisper* No, I don't want to lose half of Cong-*whisper* ... oh... oh.

Never mind that stoning part. >.>

gaggedLouise

Ricky is the man,
We'll make you understand.
Got a plan in his hands
To straighten up the land!

*runs off with paper sheet to find a composer and sell it as the campaign anthem*

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Oniya

I was thinking

Hey Ricky
What a pity
You don't understand...

(Yes, I know the original was 'Mickey'.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

elone

Ricky has a plan all right
To turn back the clock
And plunge us into night.

Ricky wants us to come along
As long as it's his way
For he determines right and wrong.

The man is scarier than Joe McCarthy

In the end, all we have left are memories.

Roleplays: alive, done, dead, etc.
Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

Serephino

You do have to wonder about him...  Generally speaking, anyone who believes so strongly that the law must protect people from perversion or all hell will break loose has urges of their own they have trouble controlling.  They need the law to protect them, so they assume the same of the general population. 

Of course, it could also be some deluded fear that unless the government steps in the Devil will descend and corrupt us.  We should thank him for wanting to save our souls....
::)

Still, he's about a 6 on the creep-factor scale.  Herman Cain creeped me out too, so mark my words, something will eventually come to light.  My vote is he's a pedophile.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Serephino on February 13, 2012, 02:57:43 AM
You do have to wonder about him...  Generally speaking, anyone who believes so strongly that the law must protect people from perversion or all hell will break loose has urges of their own they have trouble controlling.  They need the law to protect them, so they assume the same of the general population. 

Of course, it could also be some deluded fear that unless the government steps in the Devil will descend and corrupt us.  We should thank him for wanting to save our souls....
::)

Still, he's about a 6 on the creep-factor scale.  Herman Cain creeped me out too, so mark my words, something will eventually come to light.  My vote is he's a pedophile.

Nah, I get the 'total hypocrite' feel off of him. Somewhere out there is an intern who got paid off for an affair. 

Shjade

Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Sabby

I like to call it a Pedosmile :)

Oniya

Cain got caught with adult women.  I'm betting that Santorum goes to bed at night with the thought that he and he alone is responsible for beating off the 'gay plague'.

Pun thoroughly intended.  Because I'm evil.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Sabby

He goes to bed with a broom handle named Aunty Charles.

Serephino

He said marriage is between a man and a woman, not man on boy.  He said other things too, but never once said man on man.  He said man on boy.  I don't know, something tells me that was a Freudian slip.   

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Serephino on February 13, 2012, 06:14:05 PM
He said marriage is between a man and a woman, not man on boy.  He said other things too, but never once said man on man.  He said man on boy.  I don't know, something tells me that was a Freudian slip.   

Not really a Freudian slip, just a reinforcement of his prejudice. Gay = Pedo, obviously.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on February 13, 2012, 06:20:11 PM
Not really a Freudian slip, just a reinforcement of his prejudice. Gay = Pedo, obviously.

I agree.. it's clear that he considers both the same level of 'wrong' despite the fact that consenting adults aren't the same as kids.

Oniya

Two questions on this: 

1) Shouldn't a candidate for President know what abilities are conveyed by that office?
2) When a candidate shoots himself in the foot, does that fit into the 'lone gunman theory'?

http://digg.com/newsbar/Politics/santorum_i_would_overturn_any_supreme_court_ruling_same_sex_marriage_legal_the_raw_story

Trieste

At least he's equal opportunity in his right-bashing. Roe v Wade AND anything ruling gay marriage legal...

I wonder what he would do with a trans equality bill.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Trieste on February 13, 2012, 08:08:02 PM
At least he's equal opportunity in his right-bashing. Roe v Wade AND anything ruling gay marriage legal...

I wonder what he would do with a trans equality bill.

I think he'd have a nice long press conference about how these poor people don't understand God's plan for them, ect.

He's a tool. I sincerely doubt that he'd do anything beyond assure the President gets another four years in office, as candidate or vp candidate.

Sabby

BraveEarth

Quote from: Oniya on February 13, 2012, 07:57:53 PM
Two questions on this: 

1) Shouldn't a candidate for President know what abilities are conveyed by that office?
2) When a candidate shoots himself in the foot, does that fit into the 'lone gunman theory'?

http://digg.com/newsbar/Politics/santorum_i_would_overturn_any_supreme_court_ruling_same_sex_marriage_legal_the_raw_story

But but but I.... He... I don't even... Does he realize what he is saying does go against the conservative small government agenda?!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: BraveEarth on February 14, 2012, 01:39:26 PM
But but but I.... He... I don't even... Does he realize what he is saying does go against the conservative small government agenda?!

But it's only against it when it can be used AGAINST the conseverative agenda (which is whatever the Corporations buying them say it is.. look for the strings as he talks like the good puppet his is)

Oniya

Quote from: BraveEarth on February 14, 2012, 01:39:26 PM

Not to mention the fact that the only check that the Executive Branch has over the Judicial Branch is the ability to appoint Supreme Court Justices.  He can't simply 'overturn' a SCOTUS decision.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on February 14, 2012, 02:10:59 PM
Not to mention the fact that the only check that the Executive Branch has over the Judicial Branch is the ability to appoint Supreme Court Justices.  He can't simply 'overturn' a SCOTUS decision.

Well that will have to change! (At least while he's in office!)

BraveEarth

Quote from: Oniya on February 14, 2012, 02:10:59 PM

That was the part about me not being able to talk...

BraveEarth

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 14, 2012, 02:18:42 PM
Well that will have to change! (At least while he's in office!)

I am not sure how he would even start to go about doing it...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: BraveEarth on February 14, 2012, 02:20:41 PM
I am not sure how he would even start to go about doing it...

[sarcasm]

Well you see, he takes a pen and a bottle of white out and goes down to the national archives and 'edits' the Constitution and Bill of Rights till he 'fixes' all our problems.

[/sarcasm]

I know there are at least one state that has the veto power to 'edit' the thing being passed into law so selectively that it could come out totally mangled. (trying to recall which state). I'm sure he'd like that power as President.

Oniya

Wisconsin (go figure).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankenstein_veto

And it turns out his backers are equally clueless.  I hate to use Internet memes, but this guy really deserves a 'derp durr hurr'.

Foster Friess' Bayer Aspirin For Contraception Joke

Aspirin as a cheap contraceptive - you hold the tablet between your knees!  Gods, that joke was stupid when I was in college.