Mendella effect

Started by mannik, April 24, 2017, 10:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

Well, to start at the top:

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20141124-new-species-found-under-our-noses

While around 1.2 million species of living organisms have been identified and described, there are probably far more waiting to be found. One recent study estimated there are another 6.8 million animals, 567,000 fungi and 90,000 plants awaiting discovery. New species are being found at a rate of 15,000 to 20,000 per year.

With that many species involved, many of them are bound to be very strange.

It strikes me as odd that a cartoon series would deliberately create a character as a memorial to an extinct species.  That doesn't seem like something you'd do in a show meant for children.  If it's any consolation to you, however, Tasmanian devils are currently dying out.

Bald eagles had an impressive recovery after 30 years on the endangered list, but I wouldn't call that unusually fast.

Same with pandas.  Their habitat has been decreasing, which may be what you're thinking of, but their numbers are slowly climbing.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'recent discoveries' of the Great Wall of India and your link didn't really help.  People living in the area have known it was there since it was built, I'm sure.  Machu Picchu, for instance, was 'discovered' in 1911, except the locals already knew all about it.  The biggest single issue in the Great Wall mystery is probably the simple fact that those of us in the western world frequently don't know a lot about the other half of the world.  That's a gap in our educational system, nothing more.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

mannik

Quote from: Oniya on August 08, 2017, 02:57:31 PM
The problem is that you are applying quantum mechanics at distinctly non-quantum scales.

All matter, not just things on a quantum scale have this wave/particle duality. This video describes the mechanics of the experiment itself much better than I can with text, and even mentions the same results being made by 'large, complex molecules of about sixty carbon atoms' (a small piece of physical matter that is larger than the quantum scale)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-MNSLsjjdo&t=661s

I also did manage to find one of the videos pertaining to some of this stuff. It's quite long and encompasses a lot of different subjects, but is quite interesting. But the focus of it is how recent scientific advancements are bringing about new ways of thinking about the human mind, consciousness and physical existence in a quantum world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2baCg8SHGM

Valerian

Quote from: mannik on August 08, 2017, 03:39:10 PM
All matter, not just things on a quantum scale have this wave/particle duality. This video describes the mechanics of the experiment itself much better than I can with text, and even mentions the same results being made by 'large, complex molecules of about sixty carbon atoms' (a small piece of physical matter that is larger than the quantum scale)

But 60 carbon atoms are still only about 1 nanometer in diameter.  That's one billionth of a meter.  I'm no quantum physicist, but it seems... unwise to extrapolate too heavily from the behavior of something that small.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Fury Aphrodisia

I think part of the reason that people are loath to buy into the Mandela Effect and why they might even be keen to ridicule it is that there is a plethora of condescending assertion of their misinterpretation of advanced scientific principles. Frankly, if the world's leading physicists are hesitant to even label their findings to be a breakthrough, I find it very unlikely that random people on the internet are unraveling some sort of deeper cosmic truth that the misremembered is actually a giant glaring sign pointing towards alternate universes.

As I've said before, YouTube videos are not an authority, regardless of by whom they are published, and certainly I'm not going to accept "bored panda" as an authority on anything. That would be ridiculous. The people who have frequent "photoshop contests" are not my go-to for higher learning, sorry.

So, basically what you're telling us, Drake, is that because you didn't know something, it clearly never existed before, therefore multiverse? Boy, am I ever glad my health care doesn't work that way. Or... you know, anything else for that matter.

Mannik, you're making quite a stretch to apply these principles to multiple universes. It's a huge leap that doesn't qualify. It simply doesn't. Correlation does not equal causality, and furthermore correlation to something that we can't figure out if it exists or not (I'm taking Neil's direct words on this circa 2017 via StarTalk episodes on the nature of the universe) does not mean that one thing follows the other. That's like saying "Three human people are blonde, therefore only blonde people are human." The sample size of what you're talking about isn't even admissible on a playground, far less as an academic certainty.

Now, I'll grant that I have heard people talking about the quantum qualities to which you refer, and they are changing the way we think about things, but normally they're referring to dark matter, gravity wells (black holes) and universal cold spots, with only the merest hint at a multiversal theory which if I'm not mistaken, was put forward at a University in Sweden as a hypothesis. It has not been remotely confirmed yet so far as I'm aware that their research has even been duplicated, largely because it comes from a very, VERY limited pocket of evidence that has not yet occurred a second time.

Just because things are "Changing the way we think about XYZ" doesn't mean that change is making it what you want to hear, or is backing up crazy theories that are still better explained by memory lapses, education gaps and misinformation.

Also, the explanation of the double-slit experiment had a bit of controversy because of the machinery they were using at the time, with the consideration that perhaps it was interfering with the experiment in question. Until that is resolved, I cannot in good conscience even accept the findings, after which it will still be a long, hard climb to prove it can switch over to being able to accomplish the multiversal theory you're talking about. After all, light can pass through a paper cone without destroying it, but a pencil can't. There's a long way to go before anyone can definitively prove the multiversal theory, and the blind insistence that it is true based on someone misremembering a movie quote is simply, to me, ludicrous.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

mannik

If no youtube video is ever going to be an acceptable citation, then pretty much all video footage or evidence of anything needs to get thrown out the window because a VAST majority of it is hosted on youtube. Every major scientific institution, university of higher learning, corporate entity, even governments all use youtube to host and distribute their video content.

So if interviews with experts, documentaries about science, and other such things aren't valid simply because they come from a youtube channel...well, good luck finding usable proof of anything in this day in age.

Fury Aphrodisia

Ah. Well, we can't all have access to scientific journals and studies and reports, I suppose. Not like we have magic boxes capable of storing and/or transmitting information from a global scoentific community.

That'd be cray-cray.

Let's just take the word of the same medium flat earthers use, shall we?
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Blythe

Youtube is a potentially acceptable medium for a source, though it's incumbent on the person sharing to do their homework to ensure that those producing the information are reliable as well as the information itself.

Though videos are less accessible, in my opinion, than text-based sources, since text-based sources tend to have far clearer citations and are easier to fact-check.

Oniya

Quote from: Valerian on August 08, 2017, 03:55:26 PM
But 60 carbon atoms are still only about 1 nanometer in diameter.  That's one billionth of a meter.  I'm no quantum physicist, but it seems... unwise to extrapolate too heavily from the behavior of something that small.

I've listened to numerous lectures by Leonard Susskind, one of the most established researchers in quantum physics.  (This is what we call a primary source.)  While the principles of quantum mechanics apply to all matter, the effects are dominant at dimensions around the order of Planck's Constant.  Planck's Constant is the smallest measure of action (energy integrated over time), and is roughly equivalent to 6.626069934 x 10^-34 joule-seconds.  By the time you reach something the size of a cat, for example, the quantum effect is negligible.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Valerian

Quote from: Oniya on August 08, 2017, 05:46:38 PM
I've listened to numerous lectures by Leonard Susskind, one of the most established researchers in quantum physics.  (This is what we call a primary source.)  While the principles of quantum mechanics apply to all matter, the effects are dominant at dimensions around the order of Planck's Constant.  Planck's Constant is the smallest measure of action (energy integrated over time), and is roughly equivalent to 6.626069934 x 10^-34 joule-seconds.  By the time you reach something the size of a cat, for example, the quantum effect is negligible.

I do make jokes that my cat is a quantum kitty -- because I could swear he can be in two places at once! -- but yes, even as non-scientific as I am I know better than to think anything like that could really happen.   ::)

Quote from: Cookie on August 08, 2017, 11:47:18 AM
Yeah the research into the fallibility and manipulation of memory is fascinating, especially from Elizabeth Loftus. They can talk people into false memories, in these studies, like completely  false original memories, not even changing existing ones.  I'm a psych grad too, there's just tons of great research into this. I did post grad training as a therapist and we were actually trained to avoid unwittingly inducing false memories, because it's been such a problem.

You're right, there's good evidence  that every time a memory is recalled it's altered, which is useful in psychotherapy actually, it's how we can help people with things like PSTD.

It's a problem with eyewitness testimony too, which is worrying. I was in a car accident and I remembered completely the accident victim hitting my side of the car, like a clear picture in my mind. Yet when I was interviewed by the police it turned out my recollection contradicted the direct physical evidence.

Surprised this topic isn't more widely known or discussed really.

Sorry, I meant to reply to this before... I had linked to one of Loftus' talks earlier (here) because I was very impressed by it.  We did experiments in one of my college classes with recall and the dangers of relying too heavily on the recollections of witnesses, and the results were striking.  And yet juries love eyewitness testimony because they find it so convincing and relatable, unlike scientific evidence.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Fury Aphrodisia

Okay, so let me shift the conversation just a little, gentlemen, and ask you something.

Let's say a year, five years, a decade from now there is announcement that scientists - whether physicists, psychologists or what have you - officially deny the Mandela Effect as nothing but a mental misfire of some kind, what then? Would you be willing to admit to it if they blatantly say "we know what caused it, and it was this"? Or do you think that's only possible IF there is some sort of coverup involved?

This is the problem I have with many conspiracy theorists, who share a great deal of traits with those who proclaim the Mandela Effect. They are so set in their assertions that nothing, not even scientific proof, will rattle them because then they proclaim that these people are trying to hide something. Eventually it comes down to government conspiracy or the illuminati or aliens or something. And hey, I get it: Illuminati, aliens and Men in Black are all really interesting and exciting and wouldn't it be great if.... But what about the reality of the lives we lead every day?

Is there room in your thought process for information to change? Or are you so given to your belief that you cannot be convinced otherwise?

Drake Valentine

Well, considering the residue of old earth I keep finding, makes it pretty compelling to believe otherwise. 

Our(Old Earthers) galaxy has moved. We were never, ever, ever on the Orion Spur. We had always been on the far end of the Sagittarius Arm, closer to being outside of the Milky Way, never had we been in the center of the milky way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNSSY0n36Jw&feature=youtu.be

Start at 37.48  he goes on telling where we are in depth. So why would he say Sagittarius instead of Orion?

And

“Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.” - Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Why would it mention western spiral arm?

Has it always been that way for ya'll? Oh wait, alternate reality, it probably has.

Even the Capricorn zodiac looks bizarre. It was never a freaking goat looking merman monstrosity. It was a goat. It was not an earth/water element, it was earth. I also see strange depictions of Aquarius, a lot of the art shows a man with a bucket of water. Aquarius had always been either mostly represented by females with buckets or by mermaids with buckets. In fact, I don't remember any human males in the representation of the signs other than the centaur one, all the humans were always women, including the twins. Also constellations look different, but hey, I am from an alternate earth that should exist in the boonies on the Sagittarius arm.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Fury Aphrodisia

*sigh* The condescension is starting to get to be a little much for me.

Firstly, Douglas Adams wrote about aliens with heads grafted on, a man in a bathrobe traveling around the universe and in multiple points in time and how the whole earth was orchestrated by mice, much to the chagrin of the fly/bowl of petunias/etc. I'm not certain anything he has to choose from can be considered anything but entertainment, particularly in the ways he describes... literally everything with a degree of absurdity.

Secondly, people make slips all the time. I don't know much about the locale of our particular locale within the Galaxy I have to admit. But that still doesn't come without viable explanations, particularly in terms of the pure number of times he goes back and forth not only in this interview (which was several years ago, by the way, two according to my archives) but also based on the fact that information changes. Once again, you find yourself up against the concept that we, as a race, learn things. You talked about bones and cartilage in the eye - people learn things. You talked about changing anatomy, endangered species and the "discovery" by the western world of things that had clearly been there for a load long time. Trouble is, you seem to refuse to allow the fact that as a species, humans grow and learn and expand their knowledge. DeGrasse-Tyson himself is quoted as saying "The most exciting phrase in the scientific world isn't "Eureka", it's "I don't know." Science literally thrives on the concept that we don't know everything that there is.

I can't speak to Zodiac signs because it wasn't something I ever really looked deeply into, even in my weird teenage phase. Saying that I do or don't recognize it now would be pointless, since I couldn't have told you about it then. But, unless you were avidly studying it, I doubt you could either. For the same reason that even as I look up the information now, there are several different takes, based on the flavours of several different cultures. I'm a little concerned, of course, since the twins was based off the concept of Castor/Pollux or Romulus/Remus (however you want to refer to them) and I wonder what, in your alleged alternate universe, they were based off of if they were females?

I won't ask if it's at all possible that you were simply showed an image that was particularly stylized to a single individual's tastes and that ended up flavouring how you considered them from now on, because out of the eight times I've asked that question, you've simply asserted alternate timelines or else changed the subject and outright avoided my most recent question as you just have now.

However, I do state that your arguments are actually only doing more to turn me AWAY from the possibility of any truth in the Madela Effect, rather than actually taking it remotely seriously.

Edit: Also, I find the concept that you insist that you find residue of old earth hypocritical, since you also said you couldn't find solid evidence since you're not in an alternate timeline. So... which is it? Both is impossible, Schrödinger.

Drake Valentine

You're entitled to believe what you want, I don't care either way to be honest. The info I am throwing out is only to see if there are other like minded Old Earthers that remember similar things either in astronomy, geographically, anatomy, media, etc.

It is doubtful that the scientists can disapprove the ME. Considering it is a phenomenon with many people sharing similar memories that are different than this current reality's. Even if they did, it would likely be some form of cover up, which many of you have been already doing with attempting to claim it faulty memories or memory alteration or suggestive memories. Which for me, none is true, this isn't some mass brainwashing that many MEs are doing. I can clearly discern what sounds right and what doesn't in things I remember. As there had been a few ME videos where I didn't remember this or that and just shrugged those ones off. Though the ones I did remember that matched the ME of the video, then yes, that was how they went before the ME altered everything.

I only stated residue can only go so far, especially when others just ignore it; which in your case you continue to do. The twins had two depictions, women or that of two children.   Libra was always either shown as a scale or a woman holding scales. The entire art frame for them change. Again I never recalled any human males, other than the centaur from most of the zodiac circle art. Though the older art where it originated is completely different in certain representations; the bizarre goat-fish being one.

I only mentioned the residue still lingering is mostly on the web. Most of the otherwise internet has changed, leaving videos and what few other things that haven't been touched by the ME in low supply. Of course in that same standstill, you insist on other things as mentioned miss quotes or miss wordings, etc, etc.

Also none of those animals were photoshop from that panda link, you can google them and find a wiki page on them. Though maybe we shouldn't trust wiki for a source either or other images of such creatures; which some look more alienated or completely fictional to be true, but nope, they are there in this reality. But hey, maybe I just never heard of them.

I am positive on other things though that are different in this reality.  100% on the change of geography, anatomy, astronomy, media, and other logo and whatnot alterations.   

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Oniya

Quote from: Drake Valentine on August 09, 2017, 12:24:10 AM
Why would it mention western spiral arm?

How can you even define 'west' in the context of space? 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Fury Aphrodisia

So, basically what you're saying is that no matter who or what refutes the hypothesis, you're not going to believe them one way or another? Either they're wrong or it's a cover-up?

To be clear, I have not ignored anything. I have met every. Single. Point that you have brought up and the way in which you have treated me (insinuating I'm ignoring you, the condescension, the low-key insults) combined with the fact that you straight-up, completely refuse to entertain even for a moment that you might even possibly be wrong means that there's really no further discussion we could possibly have with you that won't continue to be as circular as the one we've already been having.

For now, I will simply say, "Okay." Neither one of us has budged the other an inch, you to some extreme end and myself somewhere in the middle. I think it is time to turn the floor over to people who might be able to have a constructive conversation. I'm certain in what you've already said, people will be able to find what they see as most telling and work within those parameters. Thank you for the conversation.

Blythe

Quote from: Drake Valentine on August 07, 2017, 02:20:46 PM
I can go on and on, but hey, finding concrete evidence is hard when there has been obvious parallel shifts with only so much residue lingering about and what residue that is found is just passed off as implausible proof to something else.

Quote from: Drake Valentine on August 09, 2017, 01:10:53 AM
Even if they did, it would likely be some form of cover up, which many of you have been already doing with attempting to claim it faulty memories or memory alteration or suggestive memories. Which for me, none is true, this isn't some mass brainwashing that many MEs are doing.

Lack of concrete evidence coupled with accusations of cover ups is not especially persuasive for what you are trying to assert.

While you are entitled to believe as you like & I respect your right to, this sort of debate tactic gets used a lot by conspiracy theorists and isn't conducive to a healthy & rational discussion or dialogue.

MasonBradford

The Mandela effect is simply a the phenomenon of people being too prideful to admit they have misremembered things. Nothing more, nothing less.

Drake Valentine

Its actually Quantum mechanics, but you can believe what you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN10IxgwyFI

Starts around 2:58 where he starts discussing quantum computers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqOYyOhSo1g

More info on multi-verse and other realities.

Valerian

No, it isn't quantum mechanics because, as Oniya very rightly pointed out, things that happen on the quantum level cannot be applied to non-quantum scales.

Also, if you could at least address Blythe's last post that would be very helpful, because as it is the entire discussion is going in circles.  You claim all your evidence is being ignored (when several of us have already tried to address all the points you raise one by one), and yet ignore some very basic questions we've asked and important points that others have raised.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Fury Aphrodisia

Drake Valentine

Explain the Houston movie quote flipflopping then?

https://moviepilot.com/posts/3998869 - Top of list
http://listverse.com/2007/10/18/top-15-film-misquotes/ - Number 14 on list
https://thoughtcatalog.com/nico-lang/2013/08/35-classic-movies-you-might-not-realize-youve-been-misquoting/ - Number 2 on the list
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/star-wars-jaws-22-films-are-famously-misquoted-1002147/item/22-misquoted-films-casablanca-1002152 - Second on the list. Not only that, but apparently the video to reference it doesn't exist? Hmm.. Odd. Maybe it got sucked into another reality.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/20-famous-movie-lines-that-you-have-been-saying-wrong?utm_term=.hndWk6Pl8#.vkQBLn16p - Top of list, can't miss it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3J1AO9z0tA

Starts at 1:20

Might as well burn it in now before it flip flops again as I hear people saying it changed months ago, for others a week ago and now is back as it was again. So various flip-flops.

And I don't want to hear 'well in the actual mission it is We Had a problem, so that is probably where they are getting it from.' No, it states clearly 'in the movie' in each link of it being misquoted. Though the actual quote of the movie has always been 'Houston we have a problem.'

Fury Aphrodisia

Still not answering the question.

Edit:

Mithlomwen

Drake,

If you are going to debate in his forum, I encourage you to please read this.

If you are not going to listen to, and summarily dismiss every piece of evidence other members provide, then you are not debating in good faith. 

If you continue in this vein, this thread will be locked. 

Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Drake Valentine

To begin Blythe’s last post was a statement, not inquiry.

As for location in space, the former reference of the quote as the western arm was a tribute to sagittarius arm in the sense of the constellation, at least in my universe being located within the west(the zodiac constellation.) But we have universes bleeding or merged into one another, so who knows if or how the hitchhikers guide existed before.

The main problem to this, is you all delude to the possibility of memory rewrite, memory lost, forgotten memories when you do not understand in the slightest of the Mandela Phenomenon. I have approached this in a both universal view with the laws of this universe having a different truth or a current truth vs the laws of my universe. Of course everything would seem different to me, some things can be questionable memory, like certain phrases; however you can’t dispute geography, astronomy, and even anatomy. I don’t care how crazy it may seem or sound, we surely do not forget those things. I have a know how on how the world map looks, I may not remember every location on the globe as far as countries go, but I do know their placement. I definitely do not recall us ever being in the Orion belt of the universe, we were never that deep in the milkyway. I certainly do not recall the heart placement being in the center, it was always on the left as were the makeout of the ribs different. We never had floating ribs at the bottom. The intestines are different as well by how they are wrapped, the heart looks bigger. This is all wrong from my universe.

You also cannot dismiss it as memory rewrite or memory lost; because guess what? Lots of other people out there are raising the same questions. The ME is a crazy thing. Dead people coming back to life. Stephen Hawking? He is dead in my universe, but alive in this one. Betty White(Golden Girls?) She is dead in my universe, but 90 something in this one. Scour the reddit posts, which I will probably end up migrating to for better disscussion with like minded experiences since this chat is not going anywhere, other than the running in circles or the expectation of evidence and credibility(when keep in mind, what can be offered is mostly old world residue that hasn’t bled out.)

It is simpler for folks to prove things in a familiar world than those who wake up and realize they are in a much more alienated one than they remember. Elements of history re-written or for those that hail from here, not necessarily so. Mongolia bothers me, because for me it is like seeing Atlantis on the map. JFK assassination bothers me because I remember four people in the vehicle when it happened. Then there is the white sun, yea, that never existed in my universe.

Just because you can’t comprehend ME doesn’t mean it is true. You fully wouldn’t understand what it is like to find yourself in an alternate universe, when a lot of things you once knew or thought you knew is wrong(but true in your world that you hailed from.) Yes, again I know how crazy it may all sound and out of this world, out of the realm of possibility and probability. You keep demanding proof, though there is only so much an other earther can provide.

So lets narrow down the facts.

The ME is an phenomenon experience that many people are sharing, you see all sorts of videos on it on youtube, you see posts about it on reddit and other forums. Do you honestly believe that groups of people would be so bored to make things up? Beyond context of ‘its the internet, because people are bored.’ There is a possibility that yes, some can be playing around, but when I see posts that align to similar things from my universe, the bigger things that I noticed, then those are hard to dismiss in entirety. I do not agree to every ME that some list out there on youtube or reddit; although I keep an open mind to them in the least unless I know for fact those are wrong(at least from my knowledge of my universe, but there is no telling how many universes have either collided or bled into one another.)

The ME is not a cult or a conspiracy group. The ME is an alteration of coexisting memories with something entirely different than what has been known. I see all sorts of theories, but have ruled out many examples that may result to ME. Those that some suggested deluded memories or false memories. Lets be clear, it may seem false to those, of course it would seem false to those not experiencing the ME, because you are used to a world you have already been co-existing in. Some believe it is pride that those won’t admit their memories have been warped, well, that is a lot of warping to be done, especially when again there are large groups of people out there sharing similar memories in relation with the main three subjects I touched prior on mine(astronomy, geography, anatomy.) You could include biology as well if you want, after all, there is a lot of new animals I do not remember(but hey, they could be from discover, but there certainty no penis snakes, tardigrade, zorse, rainbow trees, and any of those things I listed from  boredpanda site, from my universe. If any of those creatures sound strange to you or unbelievable, feel free to look them up. Hey, maybe you never discovered them in your own universe. I also ruled out time travel, even time travel cannot cause a change like this; the only reasonable explanation is something happening to the universes within a multiverse. Yes, hard to believe, I am sure. Insane? Probably-so, but experiencing it and living it can turn anyone into a believer. 

More info on PU and ME

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/space/scientists-believe-they-may-have-discovered-a-parallel-universe/news-story/23c89c0563b2600981b1621fe317807a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ19fIDzOlg

In the end, you are entitled to your beliefs. I am more or less done with this debate and will not be entertaining it any further than this. For those of you who are going through MEs, remember you are not alone. If you are worried of ridicule or whatnot, you can always chat with me on it, it is always good to know that there are others that are sharing similar experiences out there. Truthfully I want to deduce how long the ME has been going on for, having just awaken to it recently. 2004 seems a plausible end point of when it begun since the cold spot was discovered around that timeframe, but that also leaves other questions involving 9/11 pentagon death toll(my universe 0, this one around 125) and its effects on time itself. Yes, it is a mind boggling concept that leaves other questions in realm of possibility. Though if you take on the probability of reality(and for me it is very real) of the situation, it begs the question of how much of physics we may not understand along with other laws of nature and being.

And speaking of residue in relation to galaxy, I discovered this link across the web, take it for whatever grain of salt you want, but if you back track, it is from a science institue going by the webpage.

http://www.oarval.org/galintro.htm

QuoteSpiral galaxies have unmistakable characteristic features. The arms of the spiral define a plane. A large concentration of stars at the center of the galaxy makes a bulge there. Spiral galaxies are rich in the gas and dust needed to form new stars. Their blue color tells astronomers that star formation is indeed ongoing in these galaxies. Our solar system lies about two-thirds of the distance from the nucleus in the Milky Way's spiral arm, called the Sagittarius Arm. The stars of the constellation Sagittarius all lie in this spiral arm of the Milky Way.

But here we are in Orion area? Hmmm. How odd.

-DV

Fury Aphrodisia

Okay, once more for the people in the back.

1. Things change. We learn new things. Things Einstien said way back when are only just now being discovered to be true. We grow, science expands, we learn new things. The change in anatomical reference guides for fifty years ago versus those now, maps a hundred years ago, versus ten years ago, versus now, astronomy (since people can't literally just leave the galaxy and look back to verify...) These are all things that change and shift with our knowledge.

2. Stars move. They just do. Galaxies, nebulas, solar systems, it's all in movement. It just is. So, could be a combination of that and from point 1.

3. What we were asking is for a starting point: Are you even willing to admit you MIGHT be incorrect? Because if that is not a possibility for you, we can't debate you, because you're not playing fair and it's all pointless.

4. This is literally the fifth time you're being asked the same question and merely regurgitating old information without answering the question. How is that conducive to any meaningful conversation? When one side says "I'm unconvinced" and the other says "Well, you're wrong, because I can't be wrong." That's just fanaticism and doesn't allow for discussion.