1960s spy intrigue

Started by RedEve, October 20, 2012, 08:04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

What I'm looking for here is an old-fashioned spy game. Think of the early James Bond films.
The setting would be a Soviet satellite state, preferably a city like Bucharest or Budapest.
The protagonists would be KGB agents, their local affiliates as well as Western agents sent down there on a mission.
Beyond the intrigue and spy work, it would also feature romance, sex and some violence.

Because too big a game becomes difficult to manage, I would prefer to keep this at 3-5 people maximum.
I am looking for a moderate posting rhythm for this, with quality taking precedence over quantity. I'd prefer 1-2 good, well-written and multi-paragraph posts a week over daily one-liners.

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

JackWhite

*raises his hand*

I'm interested in this, I'll see what I can come up with

RedEve

Name: Dorina Dimitru
Role: low-level field operative in Bucharest, previously an analyst at the consulate
Background: Dorina has called Bucharest her home since birth. Her father Dmitri is a colonel in the Romanian army, and it was through his connections she got a job at the consulate after finishing her secondary education. Her job initially consisted of secretarial work, but after two years of working there, she came onto the radar of the KGB’s operative program.  She was recruited and then sent to Moscow for two years of training in surveillance techniques, combat, survival and seduction. She was sent back to her home city as she had requested Bucharest as her favored posting.

Within a couple of months of her return in the Romanian capital, Dorina had started an affair with Yevgeni Rodchenko, the most senior KGB officer in Bucharest. Yevgeni was 23 years her senior and their relationship was born out of the passion and mutual attraction their respective jobs sometimes put them in. The romance persisted in spite of Yevgeni’s wife and two kids back in Moscow, as well as the dozens of false promises he had made to Dorina about leaving his spouse for her. In reality, Rodchenko would be committing career suicide by leaving his wife, as her father was a member of the politburo. The pair have broken up only to get back together numerous times. Dorina’s hopes of ever becoming anything more than Yevgeni’s Romanian mistress are quickly waning.

Yevgeni

Branwen

Patton was right.  "Let's not give the Russians time to build up their supplies. If we do, then . . . we have had a victory over the Germans and disarmed them, but we have failed in the liberation of Europe; we have lost the war!" 

My daddy came home from WWII minus an eye and a hand, but he brought back a deep and abiding hatred of the Commies.  You might say he's passed it along to me as an early inheritance.  Now, since those weaklings like Secretary of War Robert Patterson let Stalin get his claws sunk in deep, we've got to go pry them out and finish the job.  Make no mistake, friend.  I might look like any other Bryn Mawr girl looking for a husband and a home, but when the CIA came looking for recruits, I stepped forward just like my daddy did.  They've spent a lot of time building me a cover and I'm getting inserted next week.  Come along with me as I go behind the Iron Curtain and show those Commies what a good American Girl can do when she sets her mind to it.

RedEve

Ooow, an Agent 99 sighting? ;)

Branwen

98, 99, who keeps count?  You are looking for the Other Side too, right?

Dorina deserves better than Yevgeni.  I hope a Boy Spy comes along who can make her realize that.

RedEve

Quote from: Branwen on October 20, 2012, 09:52:29 AM
98, 99, who keeps count?  You are looking for the Other Side too, right?

Dorina deserves better than Yevgeni.  I hope a Boy Spy comes along who can make her realize that.

That was my hope as well. :D

And yes, I definitely need agents and protagonists from both sides.

JackWhite

Quote from: RedEve on October 20, 2012, 09:56:49 AM
That was my hope as well. :D

And yes, I definitely need agents and protagonists from both sides.
Any chance you could use a Western spy pretending to be a KGB'er?

RedEve

Quote from: JackWhite on October 20, 2012, 10:00:57 AM
Any chance you could use a Western spy pretending to be a KGB'er?

A double agent of sorts? Sure.

Branwen

JackWhite, run with that idea.  I'll come up with another one so I don't tread on your toes.  :) 

RedEve

Quote from: Branwen on October 20, 2012, 10:03:39 AM
JackWhite, run with that idea.  I'll come up with another one so I don't tread on your toes.  :)

Aaaaw, I liked your agent!

Branwen

Thank you!  You're always so nice.

I'm bowing to JackWhite because he was in the thread before me, and I don't want to dilute his character idea.  We'd be bumping into one another all the time, ruining each other's plans.  :)

JackWhite

Quote from: Branwen on October 20, 2012, 10:22:26 AM
Thank you!  You're always so nice.

I'm bowing to JackWhite because he was in the thread before me, and I don't want to dilute his character idea.  We'd be bumping into one another all the time, ruining each other's plans.  :)

We haven't done a thing and you're already worried about ruining my plans?  :P

Branwen

I'm psychic.  Quick, think of a number!

I bet it was an integer, wasn't it?  See?  Psychic! 

Maybe I'm not a spy, but someone with something that people want or don't want to get out.  I'm working on it. 

JackWhite

Name:Alexandr Zharkov
Role: Western spy in Russia but convinced the Russians that he's on their side and spies for them
Background: Alexandr has lived his youth in Russia but somehow his parents managed to get away and they ran of to the promised land. The United States of America would be their one chance on getting happy. At least that's what his father thought. Things didn't work out as the father had planned and for a while Hendrick longed to go back to the Sovjet Union, where everything wasn't so bad for them. His father was still determined to make it in this new land. The man was too busy trying to find work and didn't listen to his wife when she told him that things went wrong with their son. Alexandr started stealing and he became quite good at it. Lieing was one of the things that he was great in too because he quickly noticed that others believed him even though some of his lies where way too extreme. In his late teens he started with other illegals things, he became a salesman in stocks of gold mines. These mines didn't really exist but noone noticed it at the time. When they did notice he was long gone with their money. The young guy made sure that his family could live without having money troubles and he was proud of himself.

One day he went a step too far and he became overconfident. Alexandr thought that he could sell anything to everyone and he went to one of the big houses a few towns from his. As the man that lived there opened the door he felt that something was wrong. His feeling was right but he didn't know that at the time. Alex continued with the scam that he had been doing for a few months now but the man didn't seem too interested. Only moments after his talk was done Alexandr heard someone knocking at the door. A female opened the door and suddenly before Alex even knew it he was surrounded by six men telling that he stood under arrest.

Scam was a serious crime and he could do a whole lot of time in jail for that but when he arrived at the office he saw two men waiting for him. One was dressed up like cops should be but the other was all suited up. The guy with the suit told Alex that they'd been examining him for quite a while now and that some time in jail would do him well for this but he told Alex that there was another way out too. One where he wouldn't be a criminal and didn't have to do jailtime.

He had shown that he could do bad things with his abilities but the man offered Alex a training position at the CIA. They'd learn him that he could do good for the community too, being a spy. Of course Alex chose for that because it meant no jail and a legal way to make money. They had trained him well and now he was half the time in the Sovjet Union, the country where he was born and the other half of the time in the United States of America.

A few years ago, when he was about the age of 30 the CIA asked him to infiltrate into the secret services of the Sovjet Union. He had to become a KGB'er. It was tough and sometimes he had a feeling that others started to notice that he wasn't only working on one side but so far he was a convincing worker in Russia. He started low but slowly worked himself up the ladder gaining trust of the important men around him.

This double spy role meant that he had to go and get some American secrets as well because he couldn't risk losing the confidence of the high ranked KGB'ers because only one small mistake would immediately be his death. So the United States of America gave him some small secrets that he could share and even a few things that could potentially be dangerous but it was the perfect way for Alexandr to keep doing what he did so far.

RedEve

Okay, with two people already committed, I have met my minimum requirement of three players.
Hence I have started the game thread already:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=155407.0

:)

Branwen

Name:  Lieutenant Oksana Sidorovna
Role:  Counter-Intelligence Division - Committee for State Security (KGB)
Background:  The Sword and the Shield of the State.  That motto had been imprinted as deeply into Oksana's soul as it was stamped into the metal shield of the KGB.  One of millions of orphans of the Great Patriotic War, Oksana had been rescued and raised by the State.  There was no pity to it, no shame, nothing unusual about it.  Every one of her friends had been an orphan and in the post-war world such children were as commonplace as the heads of wheat above the plains of Georgia.  Service, duty, sacrifice, collective work and the utter belief in the supremacy of Communism were part of her entire life.  Oksana is a patriot and feels herself fortunate to have been chosen to receive further education and training to become an officer in the KGB.  Truly blind to the inconsistencies of daily life under Communism and completely convinced in the decadence of all things Western, Oksana is as single minded and pitiless in her duties as a barracuda among lesser fish.  Bucharest is her first independent assignment.

JackWhite

Shouldn't they be in the same city to get a little contact?

Branwen

Budapest, Bucharest...I'm sofa queen we tar did.  Thanks for the catch, JackWhite!  I owe you a Pepsi.

JackWhite

It's only an +- 800 kilometres difference. By the way, can I get a Coke instead?

Branwen

In Soviet Russia, Coke drink you!

Sure.  :)  And from the proper era. 

JackWhite

I'm working on a post where I get Alexandre to Bucharest as well. ;D

Branwen

I can't wait to see it!  I am still drooling over RedEve's.  Her lover is a bastard.

JackWhite

Quote from: Branwen on October 20, 2012, 03:10:22 PM
I can't wait to see it!  I am still drooling over RedEve's.  Her lover is a bastard.
I love hers too and I must say that you've chosen a pretty lady too.