News:

Main Menu

MBTI Personality Types

Started by Question Mark, October 27, 2012, 02:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joannie

Architect=INTP  (professionally administered)

joannie
courage does not always roar
         sometimes courage is the quiet voice
                     at the end of the day
                               saying
                 "I will try again tomorrow."

-mary anne radmacher-

Question Mark

Quote from: joannie on November 07, 2012, 06:28:32 PM
Architect=INTP  (professionally administered)

joannie

Woot!  Another like minded individual!

Caehlim

INTJ
I too am one of the rarest of the rare. Just like everyone else here.

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
    You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
    You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

Edit: I've done a ton of these tests and the results seem pretty consistent between what I got from the online test and what I've received IRL with professionals administering the test.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

yobo

INTJ here as well.

(78/38/88/22)

Chelemar

INFP lol but then ... I knew that's what it was gonna be... bwhahah  Though it could just as easily have been ISFP since it was 50%.

sunbeams

My psych teacher told us to take these sorts of tests last week, and I didn't really take it to heart. I mean, I took them all in high school. c: I was an INFP back then.

Seeing this thread, I took this particular test again. And guess what?

INFP. Haha. Except I guess I'm way more introverted now...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

DukeJohn

Xisiqomelir

I had this done along with an IQ test as an adolescent. I had another one in college, and then one more as part of work two years ago.

*does internet Y/N test from OP*

And, entirely consistent with all previous tests, I am still INTJ!

JuliusCaesar

I remember taking this a few years ago for a psych class, and I was an INTJ. Don't remember the stats, though.

Now, ISTJ is the case (72 | 12 | 25 | 44).

THEY SHOULD THINK CAUSALLY RATHER THAN MAGICALLY, AND KNOW WHAT IT TAKES TO DISTINGUISH CAUSATION FROM CORRELATION AND COINCIDENCE. THEY SHOULD BE ACUTELY AWARE OF HUMAN FALLIBILITY, MOST NOTABLY THEIR OWN, AND APPRECIATE THAT PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE WITH THEM ARE NOT STUPID OR EVIL. ACCORDINGLY, THEY SHOULD APPRECIATE THAT VALUE OF TRYING TO CHANGE MINDS BY PERSUASION RATHER THAN INTIMIDATION OR DEMAGOGUERY.
I BELIEVE (AND BELIEVE I CAN PERSUADE YOU) THAT THE MORE DEEPLY A SOCIETY
CULTIVATES THIS KNOWLEDGE AND MINDSET, THE MORE IT WOULD FLOURISH. THE CONVICTION THAT THEY ARE TEACHABLE GETS ME OUT OF BED IN THE MORNING.

ambrosial

ISFJ

Introvert(89%)  Sensing(1%)  Feeling(38%)  Judging(89%)
You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (89%)

Heh, pretty close to what I would have guessed for myself. Kinda fits my profession too, I suppose: archiving and helping the masses!  :P
We'll make the honeysuckle jealous.

Ambrosial's Wine Tasting - Original and Fandom Plots (Updated May 2014)
Ons and Offs and Current RP - Updated Sept. 12, 2014
Avatars- For a visual sampler (Updated June 2, 2013!)
Absences - Semi-Absent Through 01/20/15. Please read!

Cayen Aleva

Quote from: Oniya on November 02, 2012, 05:48:28 PM
Hm... Just looking at the categories, I think I can see it.  Does it say anything in the INFJ's about spiritual beliefs?  It seems to me that Sensing, Thinking, and Perceiving categories would be more keen to go with the 'show me proof' crowd.  I'm not so sure that Introversion v. Extroversion would influence that as much.  Oh, and 'most likely' doesn't always mean much.

Last time I took the test, I was an INFJ. I'm also atheist, though I'm sure a sample size of one doesn't actually help anything. I do have a strong sense of spirituality, but I come to it through means other than stand-here-say-this religion.

If I had to guess based on my own experience, I'd say that INFJs perhaps internalize their spirituality, perceive their sense of spirit come from within, rather than ENFJs externalizing it, perceiving their sense of spirit coming from without? Like, INFJs might have a higher chance of believing that they're dealing with themselves, and ENFJs believe they're dealing with forces outside themselves? It's knee-jerk, probably wrong, but that's my thoughts on it right now.
—C

Oniya

Quote from: Cayen Aleva on December 15, 2012, 11:59:06 AM
Last time I took the test, I was an INFJ. I'm also atheist, though I'm sure a sample size of one doesn't actually help anything. I do have a strong sense of spirituality, but I come to it through means other than stand-here-say-this religion.

If I had to guess based on my own experience, I'd say that INFJs perhaps internalize their spirituality, perceive their sense of spirit come from within, rather than ENFJs externalizing it, perceiving their sense of spirit coming from without? Like, INFJs might have a higher chance of believing that they're dealing with themselves, and ENFJs believe they're dealing with forces outside themselves? It's knee-jerk, probably wrong, but that's my thoughts on it right now.

I think that your description of how you came to it fits nicely with my idea of 'Show me' (as opposed to 'Tell me'), regardless of whether the concept of a 'higher power' is involved.  We're all being armchair shrinks with this, so it's less 'right' and 'wrong' and more 'what works for you'.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Serephino

Star Safyre

Still INFP:
    You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
    You have distinctive preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
    You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

I've grown more Judging and Thinking in my old age (I blame my job). 
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

TaintedAndDelish

INTP     Introvert(100%) , Intuitive(50%) , Thinking(25%) , Perceiving(33)%

I'm really not a big fan of these types of categorizations as the test does not really take context into consideration. I tend to be extroverted in some contexts, and introverted in others. *shrugs*

takenbystorm

INFJ for me. Saw a few of you in here too.

I seem to be of the rare species amongst INFJ to have gone for a technical carreer. But I did strongly hesitate with psychology, so there you go ...

Avengel69

ISTP Here looks like I may be the first on this thread.

Caela

E seems to attract the rarer personality types. Not a huge surprise there as it gives us a vent for our more creative impulses and gives a lot of introverts a place to be social and introverted at the same time.

INFJ myself which is pretty common when I take these sorts of tests for the fun of it.

Introvert(22%)  iNtuitive(50%)  iNtuitive  Feeling(12%)  Judging(78%)

Outsider

INFP

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
You have distinctive preference of Perceiving over Judging (67%)

It tells me I could be a Musician. Can't be more true to my hearts deepest desire

ebpohmr

Can never resist trying out these kind of things! It appears that I am 1% Extroverted, 25% Intuitive, 1% Intuitive Thinking and 1% Judging. So that's nominally ENTJ, with high likelihood of displaying archetypal behaviour from ENTP, ENFJ, ENFP, INTJ, INFJ, INFP and INTP. Which having read through each entry on the website provided by the OP would indeed seem to be an accurate assessment.

So I guess its official then, now that the internet says I am complicated! ;)

blackcatotaku

ENFJ
Extravert(33%)  iNtuitive(25%)  iNtuitive  Feeling(38%)  Judging(11%)

You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (33%)
    You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
    You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
    You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%

Ganache

I've taken the test couple times and always come up as ENFJ.
I have to say its surprisingly accurate. Some employers even give the test to applicants to see if they have the ideal personality type for a job.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Caeli

I've taken similar tests over the years, and it's evolved.

Most recently, my results come up as INFJ and ISFJ. This time, it was ISFJ, with the S at 1%. :P
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Riannon

Hm, I usually score as INTJ on these (consistently for about 7 years with a different result... thrice, I think) and this is the first time I've taken it after making a concious attempt to change some things in my life and I come out as an INFP.

I think my result at least is very accurate (except I'm certainly not 100% introvertet, I'm guessing 90 or so).

Xellotath

INTP.

Introvert(44%)  iNtuitive(50%)  iNtuitive  Thinking(62%)  Perceiving(11)%