Looking for a DM for an Antiquity game [UN], [NC-E looks likely] [D&D 3.5]

Started by Blaze, January 21, 2009, 01:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scriptophile

RubySlippers

If this is a SYSTEM game, I'm game I love DnD.

Hummm, Half-Goddess tends to have a diety made at them so nope. So I will go for a human, hailing from Lesvos after being at Sapphos Academy, a bard likely wouldn't exist so go for a rogue that focuses on performing and fighting. As a rogue with the dropping of the backstab skills for fighter bonus ranks. She will be Spartan or perhaps Minoan, both had strong roles for women the latter might be more fitting.

The American Patriot

All of that works is great! If you want to play a Bard they are avaiable. :) just remember Xenia had Gabby, and she was a Bard type ;)
"Do you have any idea how we are talking about here? We are talking about the 'Butcher of Keiv'... The 'Cakemaker of Keiv' could kick all of our asses, and we are talking about the 'BUTCHER of Kevi'... Does that tell you anything?"

Story of the Accident... https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29000.0

Lavender

So since I asked cleric, I'd be the high priestess in training thing you spoke of, Sir?
I'm feeling a little bit better!  I might not post with the frequency I used to for awhile, but at least I'm not as bad as I was.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Turn me on/Turn me off and find a list of the games I'm lucky enough to write in as well.

Literary Longings

"Goin' on a year now, and I ain't had nothin' twixt my nethers weren't run on batteries!" --Kaylee

"Tell me I'm pretty, Wash." "Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion." "Cause I'm pretty?" "Cause you're pretty." --Kaylee & Wash

Fragile Dreams

Classes:  The classes in this setting are somewhat same with the DnD classes but with many differences. For example, the ranger has the same abilities as the typical, DnD ranger but in Greek mythology is more like a hunter. Anyways i will explain further, saying about each class that has differences from the DnD ones.

Ranger: As stated above, the ranger is a hunter, adept on survival and hunting animals. Unlike the DnD ranger, the hunter, as i’m about to call the class from now on, cannot cast spells on plants or based on nature spells but only spells on animals and animal based spells. The weapon experties are, short sword, spear, bow and daggers.

Druid: The Druid is about the same with the DnD druid, same spells, same attributes  and same abilities. The Druid draws spells directly from Gaia, the Mother Earth and not from the Gods, although he must be humble towards them and respect them, since the Gods are above all beings.

Priest: The most respectfull class and highest state in ancient Greece, the priest can be the cornerstone in a play. Advisor, warrior, spellcaster, healer, based on the God he/she chooses to worship, the priest is the most helpfull class. Priests in ancient mythical Greece are the most common spellcasters, since mages were worshiping Hecate, an evil deity of magic. The spells a priest can cast are based on the God he/she worships and prieches, meaning that every god offers the spells, based on His/Her portfolio.

Mages: Mages are mostly withes. Potion, alchemy, hexes and reading signs on dead animals are the common things that mages can do. To be more specific a mage, is like a medium with curses and reading scrolls. Like stated above, mages worship Hecate, the evil underwold deity of magic, so most of them were evil. But that doesn’t mean a character must be evil to play a mage.

Rogues: Rogues believe to the god Hermes and have the same abilities as the DnD rogue. Rogues dwel mostly in large cities and fairs to find more victims to steal from. But also beware a priest of Hermes because is like having a rogue with spells. :)

Defiler: A custom class that was created by us. A defiler is a person that swears to kill a god by any means. It's like a prestige class in DnD so a character must fullfill some requierments to seek revenge and  being a defiler has its goods and bads. Good is because the enemy god of your enemy god is your friend so he/she will help you to your quest, the bad is that the god that you want to kill will make your life miserable.

Anyways....i hope this will help you to create your characters. They were taken from the old RP i created about Greek Mythology although it was a freeform.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Pyro

Druid then. Half-diety or human.

I'll get working on my character...

The American Patriot

Quote from: Lavender on February 01, 2009, 05:50:49 PM
So since I asked cleric, I'd be the high priestess in training thing you spoke of, Sir?

I believe so. Which God or Goddess do you wish to be the high priestess of?
"Do you have any idea how we are talking about here? We are talking about the 'Butcher of Keiv'... The 'Cakemaker of Keiv' could kick all of our asses, and we are talking about the 'BUTCHER of Kevi'... Does that tell you anything?"

Diabolus Lupus

How are we handling equipment?

And has someone else decided they want to play the 'basher' role? Or does it really matter?

Pyro

I think someone was wanting to play a 'Basher' yeah.

Can someone give me a rundown of what we have so far? I'm considering a Druid, though if I can help balance us in any way...

Blaze

Quote from: Devilstrike on February 02, 2009, 01:17:28 AM
And has someone else decided they want to play the 'basher' role? Or does it really matter?
Only you that I remember. Anyway, I don't see the GM asking us to fill all roles with precisely one character, so...
And equipment is going to be bought with money, but no magical items unless you persuade the GM it's logical to have them - it was somewhere in the thread.
Remember when it rained.
I felt the ground and looked up high
And called your name.
Ohhhhhh Remember when it rained.
In the darkness I remain.

ONS/OFFS

Diabolus Lupus

Bayushi

Quote from: The American Patriot on January 31, 2009, 06:15:12 PMthis will be an epic journey actually. start out with the PCs already knowing each other from their childhood. they're going to each have their own destiny, but interwoven with each others. we'll at least need someone to play a female of royal blood, a heroic warrior, and a high priestess in training.

I was thinking that maybe I'd be game to play a female of royal blood? If it's not taken.... or mayhaps if it is, then sisters? Twin sisters would be entertaining.

As for a class, well, the one class that I'd love to play from 3.5 that would fit into just about any possible setting would be Psion, likely Psion(Telepath) or Psion(Egoist). But then, that's still up to the DM? Patriot?

The American Patriot

Quote from: Akiko on February 02, 2009, 01:58:49 PM
I was thinking that maybe I'd be game to play a female of royal blood? If it's not taken.... or mayhaps if it is, then sisters? Twin sisters would be entertaining.

As for a class, well, the one class that I'd love to play from 3.5 that would fit into just about any possible setting would be Psion, likely Psion(Telepath) or Psion(Egoist). But then, that's still up to the DM? Patriot?

I woudln't mind that.. the royal blood is yours!

The American Patriot

Diabolus Lupus

the DMG has a table of relative wealth based on level. I can't remember the page though.

Bayushi

Quote from: The American Patriot on February 02, 2009, 02:06:58 PMI woudln't mind that.. the royal blood is yours!

I'm not sure how you'd go about half-gods, but my thought/idea was to go with an Aasimar, or half celestial servant.... which feels possible, given that the gods themselves were pretty damned promiscuous with mortal women?

Not to mention, I'm sure half-gods would most assuredly have an ECL adjustment of far more than +3(which would make a level 1 character). An Aasimar has an ECL adjustment of +1.

Muse

*whimpers* 

So this has been quite an exercise in futility.  First, I made a character unsuited to Greek myth. 

Then, I was unable to get either Devil strike or Blaze to tell me some interpersonal dynamic that i might at least try to fulfill ahead of time.  (perhaps that's only fair since they've never gamed with me before.) 

I guess it's time to do things the old fashioned way and trust in the dice and the power gaming.  Is there a party roll we still need filled?  . 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blaze

It's on p.135.
Relative wealth level for 4th level 5,400 gp, average.

I'm thinking of playing daughter of a nymph. I believe that in D&D terms, I could just use the half-elf racial package. But if the GM has a more suitable suggestion, I'd be glad to hear it.

Quote from: Muse on February 02, 2009, 02:52:39 PM
*whimpers* 

So this has been quite an exercise in futility.  First, I made a character unsuited to Greek myth. 

Then, I was unable to get either Devil strike or Blaze to tell me some interpersonal dynamic that i might at least try to fulfill ahead of time.  (perhaps that's only fair since they've never gamed with me before.) 

I guess it's time to do things the old fashioned way and trust in the dice and the power gaming.  Is there a party roll we still need filled?  . 
There is probably a reason for that...
I usually coordinate with the whole team. It makes the game more logical, in my opinion. For now we don't know who will be playing what, so let's first see what kind of a group will come out of this, and then we can coordinate interpersonal dynamics.

Yeah, it's generally the best idea.
Remember when it rained.
And called your name.

ONS/OFFS

Muse

There is probably a reason for that...
I usually coordinate with the whole team. It makes the game more logical, in my opinion. For now we don't know who will be playing what, so let's first see what kind of a group will come out of this, and then we can coordinate interpersonal dynamics.

Yeah, it's generally the best idea.

Just felt i should mention that the Pm didn't go to every player because I'm incompetent with pms, not because i was deliberately excluding people.  Sorry. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

bluejay

I'm interested this if you can handle someone new to this style of play.

The American Patriot

sure. we can. tehre is enough people here who'll help you get into the flow!

Pyro

I'm still bloody confused.

What do we have, and what don't we have?

What roles need filling?

Are Warlocks allowed?

What races?

Blaze

In order to have s little bit of structure and coordination, I've made a list of everyone that has shown interest in the game, and the ideas that they have for a personal character.

Sonja - the princess role if no one has taken it, probably roll it as a Cleric
Lavender - I'd be the high priestess in training thing
Scriptophile - female warrior-type, maybe a temple servant to Athena.
Pyro – hasn't decided
Devilstrike - a 'basher' type
schnookums - hasn't decided
Muse - Female Warrior.   *Raises hand, sort of"  Huntress of Artmeis here.
RubySlippers - I will go for a human, hailing from Lesvos after being at Sapphos Academy, a bard likely wouldn't exist so go for a rogue that focuses on performing and fighting. As a rogue with the dropping of the backstab skills for fighter bonus ranks. She will be Spartan or perhaps Minoan, both had strong roles for women the latter might be more fitting.
Akiko - female of royal blood, half-gods, but my thought/idea was to go with an Aasimar, or half celestial servant
bluejay - hasn't decided
Blaze - daughter of a nymph

And here is something that may be useful to everyone.
Aphrodite
Goddess of love, lust, beauty, wife of Hephaestus. Ares is her lover. Eros is her son. Known as the most beautiful of the Greek goddesses. Her symbols are the scepter, myrtle, and dove.
Apollo
God of music, prophecies, poetry, and archery. Also said to be the god of light and truth. Is associated with the sun. Also referred to as the most beautiful of the gods. He is Artemis's twin brother, and son of Zeus. His symbols are the bow, lyre, and laurel.
Ares
God of war, murder and bloodshed. Brother to Athena, and is the son of Zeus. Has an affair with Aphrodite. His symbols are vultures, dogs, boars, and a spear.
Artemis
Goddess of the hunt and wild things, and the moon. Protector of the dewy young. She became associated with the moon. Apollo is her twin brother.Artemis is a virgin goddess. Her symbols are the bow, dogs, and deer.
Athena
Goddess of wisdom, warfare, handicrafts and reason. Sister of Ares, and is the daughter of Zeus. Sprung from Zeus's head in full body armor. She is the wisest of the gods. Her symbols are the aegis, owl, and olive tree.
Demeter
Goddess of fertility, grain and harvest. Demeter is a daughter of Cronus and Rhea and sister of Zeus. Her symbols are the scepter, torch, and corn.
Dionysus
God of wine, parties/festivals, madness and merriment. He represents not only the intoxicating power of wine, but also its social and beneficial influences. His symbols are the grape vine, ivy, and thyrsus.
Hades
God of the underworld. Brother of Poseidon, Zeus and Hera, and consort to Persephone. His symbols are the bident, the Helm of Darkness, and the three-headed dog, Cerberus.
Hephaestus
God of fire and the forge (god of fire and smiths) with very weak legs. He was thrown off Mount Olympus as a baby by his mother and in some stories his father. He makes armor for the gods and other heroes like Achilles. Son of Hera and Zeus is his father in some accounts. Married to Aphrodite, but she does not love him because he is deformed and, as a result, is cheating on him with Ares. He had a daughter named Pandora. His symbols are an axe, a hammer and a flame.
Hera
Goddess of marriage, women, and childbirth. Zeus' wife and sister. Appears with peacock feathers often. Her symbols are the scepter, diadem, and peacock.
Hermes
God of flight, thieves, commerce, and travelers. Messenger of the gods. He showed the way for the dead souls to Hades's realm. He shows up in more myths than any other god or goddess. Likes to trick people and is very inventive. Hermes invented the lyre using a turtle shell and sinew. His symbols are the caduceus and winged boots.
Hestia
Goddess of the hearth and home, the focal point of every household. Daughter of Rhea and Cronus. Gave up her seat as one of the Twelve Olympians to tend to the sacred flame on Mount Olympus for Dionysus. Her symbol is the hearth.
Poseidon
God of the sea. He created horses from sea foam. God of earthquakes as well. Also called 'Earth Shaker' and 'Storm Bringer'. His symbols are horses, sea foam, dolphins, and a trident.
Zeus
The king of the gods, the ruler of Mount Olympus and the god of the sky and thunder. His symbols are the thunderbolt, eagle, bull, and oak.

A list of mythological Greek creatures

Remember when it rained.
And called your name.

ONS/OFFS

Drako

Blaze

Quote from: Demon on February 03, 2009, 11:27:57 AM
Can I use a race from sherrilyn kenyon's dark hunter series?
Are they from the Greek mythology, or at least related in a way?
Remember when it rained.
And called your name.

ONS/OFFS