(Open recruitment) Sagacia (Sci-fi/Fantasy, Exotic, Extreme[?])

Started by Brazen Endeavors, February 15, 2012, 11:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen Endeavors

Genre:  Sci-fi / Fantasy
Forum:  Exotic/Extreme(?)

Currently seeking:  Interested parties to aid in changing/revising a very unique setting and developing a system of play.  Those individuals will earn the chance to begin this game as Sentinels.  Ongoing discussion is here.

Currently seeking to start the game!  Please indicate interest/post profile.  You don't need me to tell you how to do that, right?

Map is a work in progress and subject to change as game grows.

Wormholes. Gates. Rifts. Unexplained in our own times. Then Sagacia was found and founded, a bountiful land ripe with beauty. A landscape torn and scarred by rifts, continuously delivering travelers both accidental and planned. As centuries passed,the Sentinels were formed and became a loosely governing force. Led by a secretive man known only as Einaj, the Sentinels forged Sagacia in their own mold.

CURRENT STORYLINE: A freak series of rifts have pervaded the land, bringing dangers unseen in the last century. All evidence indicates that this is no accident. The Sentinels must uncover who, or what, is responsible for these anomalies, before the land is torn asunder.

Sagacian World Overview: Sagacia belongs to a three-dimensional plane. It has a thicker oxygen atmosphere than Earth. A different combination of gasses give the sky a more reddish tint. It has two moons: Wis and Rit. Many alien crops are compatible and grow easily in Sagacia's soil. Weather patterns are normal. Rifts are an added hazard.

Rifts: Disturbances in time and space. Over the years, many have been isolated and harnessed for a variety of reasons. Tamed rifts are known as Gates. These are generally stable and, additionally, have been surrounded by Safe Rooms. Unstable rifts are generally caught before they erupt. However, they cannot be stopped. Rifts may have disastrous consequences on the landscape, but the greater danger lies in who - or what - comes through.

Sagacian Living: Thanks to stabilized gates, many avenues of advancement are open to certain areas of Sagacia.  The world is divided into "technological designations" that are tightly governed for the sake of citizens.  While citizens are free to move between designations, what they bring from one area to the next is strictly regulated.  Cultures are vastly varied.  It is not unheard of for areas to adapt one dominant culture if many  of it's citizens have come from the same plane where rifts are prevalent.

Technological designations:  Onar, home of the Sentinels, boasts what is regarded as the most advanced technologies.  It's citizens enjoy the wonders of electricity and indoor plumbing, plus medical care.  While engines and certain combustibles are prohibited to all but Sentinel forces, the quality of life is comparable to modern age, with a few added bonuses.  Wisdom Tower, home of the Sentinels, houses technologies far exceeding "modern" standards.  -- Continuing on an outward spiral from Onar are differing designations.  Industrial, pioneer, medieval, and primitive are a few.

Sentinels: While Sagacia has been allowed to cede and form different countries and kingdoms, supreme authority is given to the Sentinels. Sentinel duties, on the surface, are largely administrative: Admit new citizens, monitor gates, and ensure taboos remain unbroken. However, their battle prowess is legendary; a reputation earned from their darker duties of isolating rifts, nullifying threats, and subduing taboo-breakers. Their greatest asset is the Sentinel Light. This powerful ray strikes from the heavens, capable of erasing kingdoms and reducing them to ashes.

How to play: Sagacia allows new citizens to begin service with the Sentinels. While not strictly necessary, many choose to join the Dirge Guard for the adventure and immediate source of income. Note that only those in the Sentinels or Dirge Guard may participate in Closed SLs.

Storylines - Open: Open SLs will take place at the discretion of group leaders. These SLs will be short and straightforward, taking no longer than 24 hours to finish.

Storylines - Closed: Closed SLs will involve missions set by the Sentinels. Small groups -under 5 people - will be chosen to complete the assignment. Rewards will be given upon completion; generally riches and status.

Currency: Erat. Small coins cast in gold, silver, and copper. Two interlocking rings signifying dual moons are depicted on one side. The other side bears the legend "Proudly diversified,proudly united". 12 coppers to a silver. 7 silver to a gold. Copper bits are sometimes used - merely a punctured copper erat. Either middle or outer edge is considered worth half a copper, though it may vary according to size.

NOTE TO NEW PLAYERS: Your character may start as an already established citizen, or as a new entry into a safe room ONLY. If you opt for the second, please play it out within Wisdom's Tower.

Time Discontinuity: Due to the nature of Forum Role-Play in general, Sagacia recognizes three different time lines. | Open Play/Open SLs: Topics designated [Open SL], or lacking designation, are a part of the Main Timeline. It is, in essence, "real time". Characters may occupy one open topic only. | Closed SLs: Realistically, Closed SLs may take weeks- even months - to complete. Therefore, the timeline does not run current with the Main timeline. It is difficult to place Closed SLs with any rigidity in the Main timeline; it generally remains obscure, with references being made AFTER the SL is completed and fully "experienced" by the character. | Personal SLs: These may take place in the past (an extended character biography, perhaps), the present (self exploration/revelation), or the future (just a fun bit of creative writing). It could even be a dream journal. Those written in the present may be treated as a Closed SL. Ultimately, its place in the timeline is decided by the player. | Conclusion: A character may be in three places at once, as dictated above. Happy gaming.

The Safe Room:  "Hello and welcome to Sagacia, Traveler. Please, do not be alarmed. You have been subjected to a temporal or dimensional disturbance and have been transported here. This safe room has been erected for your protection. You shall be released as soon as you are assessed. Please be patient and wait for an attendant to assist you." [Character Profiles here. Please, nothing god-like. Imagination is your limit! Anything too powerful will be denied entry to the group.] **Description** Newly arrived find themselves in a safe room upon ejection from the rifts. These rooms,from the inside, look almost like the interior of an eggshell, with strangely pearlescent gleam. These rooms are smooth and seamless. Noises are amplified to the point where shouting could make ones ears bleed. Striking the surface with anything from fists to magics produces luminous whorls that dance along the walls, along with deeply reverberating gong. More power equals only more of the same, threatening to blind and deafen any belligerent occupant. Safe rooms are crafted to be indestructible. Attendants from the outside may control parts of the 'shell', allowing visual and audio monitoring and communications. Larger parts of the shell may meld away at the attendants instructions to reveal a glass partition to the front,or an exit door to the back. A ramp leads newly arrived to a general receiving area. Note that in the event a being succeeds in weakening the integrity of the safe room,their own powers will fuel the room and generate a rift to the dimension dubbed "Null".
..I want you.  I have seen you and I already love you.  My muse begs to lie in your arms; just for a moment.  I need you..
...come play with me?...
.:.o/o.:.intro.:.a/a.:.
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Brazen Endeavors

>.> you shouldn't have bumped it til I could revamp it!
..I want you.  I have seen you and I already love you.  My muse begs to lie in your arms; just for a moment.  I need you..
...come play with me?...
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

Ember Star

Oops! Sorry! >_>  I actually didn't go looking for it to bump it. I've hardly had any sleep and I have a lack of impulse control when I don't get enough sleep. Things tend to happen that I would've otherwise ignored. Like randomly posting the first thing that popped into my head in a topic
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Ember Star

Don't be mad >_> If I delete my posts will it go back down in the line?

Brazen Endeavors

...come play with me?...
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

Brazen Endeavors

7/22/12 - added link to world building discussion.  Updated info on technological designations. Open recruitment.
...come play with me?...
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

Ember Star

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name Zilla
Species: Aurorian (a humanoid species that evolved from felines instead of primates).
Home World: Auroria.

Appearance:

Weapons: Given her job status, Zilla has access to a large range of weapons, all of which she knows something about using. Her favorites though are a retractable sword (think Violet's sword in UltraViolet) and ninja stars about the size of her hand that fold into a safe round circle, but have a button that allows the sharp and deadly blades to be released at a moment's notice.

Powers: Telekinetic energy manipulation (this isn't Telekinesis because this is a physical ability (like manipulating a element) not a mental one. But it still gives her the same range of abilities as Telekinesis only when she's manipulating the energy it glows purple, so it's clearly visible what she's manipulating).

Physical Abilities: Aurorians are faster, stronger, lighter on their feet, and more agile than humans, giving them gymnast and cat-like physical abilities. Also, like the felines they're evolved from, they have enhanced night vision, hearing, and sense of smell. Though their senses aren't to the same level as most animals, they're much advanced compared to human senses.

Personality: Efficient with a bad attitude, could be used to describe her personality. She's one of those women you know was born to be in charge, to be loyal and strong. She follows orders from those over her with the up most accuracy, and she expects those under her to follow her orders with the same accuracy. If they don't, well then fear the wrath of Zilla. Despite her blunt and efficient attitude at work, the few close enough to her to call her "friend", know there is another side to her. A side that is loving and open. But very few get past her "do it and do it right, or suffer the consequences" exterior to see that somewhat softer side.

Biography: The daughter of Zarah and Delta, it's no surprise given her talents. But her parents and her life on Auroria is a story that should be saved for another time.

Zilla's story on Sagacia starts when she was 17.

It was a day 13 years ago that she was pulled through a Rift into this world. She thought it was a Star Flash at first, similar to a Rift only caused by her people's Deities that they call Stars. If it was apparent she had inherented anything from her parents (for those that knew them back on Auroria), it was their attitude. Which didn't exactly go well with the Sentinels and guards, for though she corporated seemlinessly at first, if only with a slight attitude, once a guard "put his hands on her", she took out him and three others (all much bigger than her) in the span of one minute, if that. She was extremely well trained in Aurorian fighting skills, which far surpassed anything humans could do. After that, they threw her in a cell while they discussed what to do with her. Once it was found that the guard actually did touch her inappropriately, they did the only logical thing. They recruited her. With her obvious skill they were sure she would be a fine addition to their corps. She took the job, figuring they were the good guys, and since she couldn't get home, this was the only place here that would allow her access to her two talents; weapons and technology.

She started simple, as most do, but with time she worked her way up the ladder, until three years ago she was promoted to head of the Weapons and Technology branch of the Sentinels. Where she belonged.

Ember Star

Secondary character

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Zypporah Sulyah Lumambah Talunah Balynkgah Hygdomyan.

Age: around 50 years by Earth cycles, 25 years by Zamycalynah cycles and but she ages slowly and therefore looks no older than 20.

Race: Mycynanzar

Home World: Zamycalynah.

Powers/Abilities: Other than her ability to change the reflective power of her body to almost any color she wishes. She can also absorb minerals from  plants, soil, and rock, by doing this she kills or severely weakens flora and in the case of soil it will make it impossible for anything to grow there and rock will break down and change color depending on what and how much she absorbed from it, this allows her to go for quite some time without eating and drinking for is a needed ability on her home word because for long parts of the years food and water is scarce. She can also do a similar thing with sunlight, absorbing energy from it in a similar way that a solar panel does. Her body also has a extra organ that will stores anything that she absorbs but does not have a need for, if she gets hurt when she is well fed and strong that extra mix of stored energies will be released by her body to rapidly heal any repairable wounds, which comes in handy when hunting in the fruitful seasons of her world, besides that she can also access that extra energy herself and use it as a kind of weapon and/or distraction, it can travel through her body and form through special pores in the palm of her hand into a kind of liquid light that depending on the strength of what she has stored can burn through most metals and cause severe third degree burns on living life forms and because it's a think (usually about the consistently of pudding) liquid kind of thing it'll stick to whatever it lands on causing the burns to go deep. She can manipulate this energy into a ball or any shape really and throw it at her target, she can control the consistently, shape and size, making it easier to use. However this does have it's limits because she can only use as much as she can store in her body. She also has very good senses, being able to see for far distances as well as in extreme darkness and extreme light and she can hear a pin drop from 100 yards away in a fairly noisy place. While she can also handle severe heat and cold having weather patterns on her world that can reach much hottest than the hottest places on earth and much colder than the coldest places.

Weapons: She has two weapons, the first looking like two stone sticks crossed in a X called a Delotynan has many uses, it has a slot on one part which small poisoned darts can be fired through, while the other three ends have be carved into points that can spear even the thickest skin and between two of the four is a thin spider web like line that comes from a creature very similar to a spider only the web is like strong sharp wire and can easily slit a throat. The second weapon is a basic spear, carved out of the same stone like substance as the Delotynan which really comes from a type of tree on her world and has a sharp finally pointed end.

Pet: A creature called a Felgyrnah that greatly looks like a very large tiger only it is about the size of a 15 hand tall horse and instead of fur is covered in very small, soft, fur like feathers. It has the same mirroring glittery effect as Zypporah but it remains the same color which is a pure white with bright blue eyes. It is a female and her name is Nyrah.

Appearance: Standing at around 5'5" tall she appears humanoid for the basic shape of her body, having the same build and curves of a female human but the things that stand out against her humanoid body are her wings for starters, her wings are bat-like, they stretch out from her shoulder blades in a 10 foot radius from wing tip to wing tip and are covered in a soft fur that feels like the softest stuffed animal when touched. Her ears also stand out, they are not humanoid ears but more like the ears on a Neko-jin, they are covered with the same fur as her wings, and are large and take in a lot of sound which is what allows for her remarkable hearing, she also has a tail also covered in the same soft fur that she can use like a monkey's tail to hold on to things and hang from places and sharp claw like thick nails that are about a inch to two inches long from the tip of her fingers, her teeth are also sharper and more pointed than a human's but while still keeping that basic square shape, her eyes are rather large and round and the pupils narrow into slits like an animal's and her hair is rather long, coming down to mid back and has a unwashed, unbrushed and unkept, frizzy look about it but is equally soft as her wings and tail, while her skin is soft and covered in small hairs that blend against the skin like a human. Perhaps the most eye catching thing about this creature is the fact that she looks as if she's covered in glitter, from her hair, to her wings to her toes, even the irises of her eyes, she's remarkably shiny as if somebody just dipped her in glitter, however what color she is changes, it's a mirroring effect that gives her the shininess, her cells take in and reflect light, this made for very good camouflage on her world because nearly everything had the shiny effect there and without control her body takes in the light of the colors around her, mirrors them and changes to blend with those colors, however she can also control what color any part of her body is, she can change the way her cells reflect the light to be almost any color she can think of. While most of her kind go without wearing clothes whatsoever but she is from one of the few tribes that have had chosen to take the route of covering parts of their bodies finding it to be useful at times and also living near herds of animals big enough to use for clothes. She is usually seen in what a human might think a cave woman might wear, a bra-like top and short wrapped skirt that are made from the pelt of a Wyngard (an animal much like a Buffalo), the fur on the pelt is about two inches thick and has the same glittering effect that her body does only the Wyngard doesn't have the same ability to change it's color so her cloths will always be a silvery sky blue color.

Biography: Zypporrah (Zyp we shall call her for short) is from a world very different than what we are used to, almost everything there is has a mirroring, glittery effect due to very high levels of a shiny metal mineral on the planet. The very sight of it might be blinding to some people, especially if they were there in the daylight, but oddly the atmosphere and genetic structure is very similar to earth. This strange world is about three times the size of earth and its years are twice as many days while it's days are 38 hours long with only 8-12 hours of daylight (depending on the time of year) and the rest is in night with cycles of three moons from about the same size of earth's moons to about five times the size. The Mycynanzar are the dominant species on Zamycalynah, they live in tribes much like primitive humans, although they all still live primitively, some tribes such as Zyp's have had contact with outside species and know something of technology, the universe and can speak the common tongue. Even if they're still wary of that which is different. Zyp was raised in the Slyly tribe which is one of the tribes which has had a good deal of contact with the outside universe, not all of her tribe have been trained in any outside teaching but because Zyp was the Chief's only daugher she was well trained and beloved by her father, mother and brothers and she was always taught everything they knew about their world and the outside universe. When the Rift sucked Zyp in she had been away from her village hunting and gathering with her faithful Nyrah. (Further personal information will be established through rp when/if it is needed)

Brazen Endeavors

Ah, I remember Zyp fondly.  Both approved.  I will work on Seph and Virgil tonight :)

Now, hopefully others will join.  Maybe its the lack of sexual themes?

THERE WILL BE HOT ALIEN SEX!

*awaits an influx of requests*
...come play with me?...
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

Ember Star

Yes! I love Zyp! Hers one of the most creative profiles I've ever written! And Zilla ought to be a very nice addition! She's the niece of the main character in my "book".

YES! Hot alien sex with surprises!(?) And well as fun events!(?)

Brazen Endeavors

AN:  Sagacia is a world of my creation under constant revision.  I hope to start a group here in that world sometime in the near future.  Until then, I offer this story with my oldest character, Seph.  PM me if you're interested in her world for additional information.  (UNFINISHED)

It was a pub not unlike the many others littering this particular region.  With a scant technological designation of "two", there was little deviation between one building and the next.  By interior alone, one could usually guess the orgins of a particular owner, though here there was but a small shrine erected in a shadowy corner; cheap plaster replicas of a rotund and vaguely reptilian goddess.  Nasephia Terranj Darkheart noted this upon entry, then retreated to an unoccupied table to rear of the establishment.

Others joined her, boots scuffling over rough floorboards strewn with a combination of hay, sawdust, and shells of various local nuts.  They sat with a weariness set in their very shoulders.  Just an assorted group of worn travelers, six together.  Their tired murmurs carried through mostly empty room.  It was too early in the day for the usual rabble to gather.

A male approached, and Seph marked his progress with cautious eye.  She alone had said nothing thus far, shielded as she was in the guise of a man.  Brim of floppy brown felt hand was pulled low as the proprietor drew nearer, and the woman affected a careless slump, hiding narrow and feminine cheek by cradling it within one gloved hand.  Through narrowed slit of gaze, she observed the male.  Like the goddess figures, he was humanoid with suggestions of reptilian features.  Hairless, with a subtle pattern of scales along his skull.  Thicker ears, and smaller than human.  A jaw more triangular, pointed teeth bared as he spoke:  "What will it be, gents?"

Seph inclined her head further away from the proprietor, mimicking the motions of her companions as they shared solicitous looks.  To one, she gave the barest of nods.  Coltram was his name, accepted upon his citizenship.  He was too pale, too smooth and perfect to be human, with no visible marks or imperfections - or pores, for that matter.  In fact, he was nearly too tall and too slender to even effectively mask his otherworldly orgins.  Here, though, it did not matter.

Coltram asked, "Do you import?"

The reptilian male narrowed already elliptical eyes, vertical lids leaving little more than strange pupil showing.  A paper thin tongue escaped to trail over bloodless lips.  He cast his gaze to the ground, then skyward, then back to assembled travelers.  "Just entertainment," he finally grunted.

While smiling faces answered the pub owner's admission, Seph could practically feel the tension emanating from them.  She yawned elaborately and shifted away from the owner, allowing head to drop further.  An unseen hand crept beneath the table, making contact with the man beside her.  Just above his knee, from the feel of it.  He stiffened but a moment, then relaxed, and in turn others followed, dissipating the alarm.

"I think most of us would be interested in the entertainment," Coltram answered after a time. 

"S'limited," hissed the proprietor.  "You'll have to take turns or share."

The gathered men made a subtle show of mumbling amongst themselves and checking purses while Coltram continued speaking.  "We're low on erat and high on spirit.  And we require food and drink.  What might you offer us?"

The reptilian thick nostrils drew up in an unmistakable sneer.  "What kind of ass walks in here low on erat?  You best be countin your lucky stars, as it's been a slow week.  Two silver for all a ya, with one of the entertainers."

Coltram glanced around to his companions, each of whom shook their heads.  Seph only slumped more, dismissively waving a gloved hand.

"Seems my friend won't be joining in the fun.  He hasn't traveled well today."  Coltram tsked while the others laughed.  Seph answered them all with a middle finger.  "So, then, one and three erat, yes?"

"One and five -- he'll be takin' up prime space while you're busy."

"One and three, and I'll throw in a bit," Coltram countered, while the others quickly pooled the amount atop dusty table.  No silver made it's way upon the surface, though ten minted coppers soon littered the area.  Coltram took out another, its middle conspicuously punched, and tossed it in the pile.  The owner stared at the amount a few measured heartbeats, then swept it in his hands.  "So who's first?"

Coltram stood, towering at nearly seven feet yet thin as a rail.  A smaller, thicker companion joined him.  The owner merely nodded and bade them follow.  Seph watched their progress from the main room, while the three remaining men began to jest amongst themselves.  She watched as Coltram exited the room through a rear door, then concentrated on the tiny static hiss in her left ear.

"Don't expect to take long," she heard the proprietor say, as if he were standing next to her.  "You're a go," Seph mumbled into her arm.  ''With what you're paying,  and another set to boot?  Nah,  you'd best be cleared out before the eve's rush.   

''And you treat her good, eh?  This one is soon for the streets, 'bout worn out.   So here it is.   Your entertainment.'' 

''Up the ladder?''

''Gotta hide them,'' the owner grunted.   ''Their in alcoves.   So yeah, up the ladder.  Enjoy.''

Seph heard one set of footsteps retreat, while two more assumedly advanced up the ladder.   A hushed voice whispered, ''By the Gods.''   

"This tells us nothing.  Let's get a closer look," Coltram directed.  She heard their shuffling alongside the easy banter of her remaining peers, growing boisterously as the proprietor neared their table to dole out food and drink.  Despite the urge to demand answers, she bit her tongue until the owner moved away.

"What do you see?" It wasn't exactly asked politely.

"It's definitely strange, but inconclusive.  She's not marked in any way I can see," murmured Coltram.  Seph heard a high pitched whimper in the background, a simple entreaty:  "You want to fuck me, yes?  Please, please, I need it..!"

"Yes, in a minute.  What is your name?"

"Uuwaaah, unn..  I don't -- I need to be fucked!"

Seph listened with a growing sense of unease.  She burrowed her face into a bent elbow and shrouded herself fully with a tilt of her hat.  "Check her arms.  Ask her why she needs it."

"NOOOO, NO- mmph!"  Even from where she sat, Seph could hear the cries in stereo.  Once from the rear of the building, and again through her ear piece with force enough to make her flinch.  The men around her flinched as well, and even the proprietor cast a look towards his hidden rooms.  Despite Coltram's colorful curses, one of the men abruptly stood.  "Your damned watered down brew, I'll need ten of them to feel anything!  Bring me another!"

It proved distraction enough, with the reptilian scowling as he filled another tankard.  "Settle down, you cheapskate whoreson.  I'm bringin' it."

"Report," Seph murmured.

"I tried to pull her arm away when she screamed.  I'm sorry, Dohl Terranj.  She's still struggling."

"So give her what she wants," the woman hissed into her crossed arms.  She heard Coltram grunt, then a more pleasing - and quieter sound - escaped his reticent bedmate.

"C'mere and do your part, Grant. Keep her happy while I look her over."

...come play with me?...
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

Chiidori

I think I'm interested in joining if thats alright. I liked this group idea, I'm up for it.

Brazen Endeavors

...come play with me?...
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

Brazen Endeavors

Added map, rigorous spell check and a few changes of terms.

Ready to get this game underway.
...come play with me?...
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

Revenent

Looks pretty interesting, though I am a little confused. Do all characters have to join the Sentinels and Dirge Guard, and if they don't, what do the others do in the open SLs?

Ember Star

No, they don't. Joining the Dirge Guard is a quick way for new citizens to earn Erat though. As for what other characters can do in open SLs, usually whatever they want. The open SLs are usually something like a boss battle or some kind of event that anybody can jump in on. Closed SLs are the ones limited to Sentinels and Dirge Guards

Revenent

Who would you suggest non-Guard or Sentinel characters be, then, in order to still be able to interact with the others?

Brazen Endeavors

Ah, well.. Anything, really.  My secondary character will be a healer employed in the medical facility.  A few people in the former incarnation insisted on a fighting pit and remained mostly underground.

Of course, it helps to think of Sagacia's guard as more of a national guard.  On call as needed to defend the country from threats, so that realistically one could be a part of the guard, yet fill another occupation in their day to day life.
...come play with me?...
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

Revenent

Would the guards frequent any sort of item/equipment shop? I've tried playing a merchant sort of character a couple times previously and think it's pretty fun.

Brazen Endeavors

...come play with me?...
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

Ember Star

Yes, actually. I or somebody I was RP'ing with in the previous incarnation had a need for a weapons shop. Though things are different on E, I think a weapons dealer is always something fun to have around

Wheresmycow

I would like to toss in my hat to show interest.  If it's possible to be a Sentinel, I would definitely like to be one.  I have a character idea, but right now I'm triple reading all of the info to make sure I get all of the setting detail listed so far before launching into full-blown creation.

EDIT: Scratch that.  While it says there's the possibility of being a Sentinel at the top of the OP, I figure the 'How to Play' and 'Note to New Players' supersedes that.  Would definitely like to be the Dirge Guard.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Brazen Endeavors

Glad to hear it!

Sentinels are basically Co-gm's of the game.  It gives some IC prestige to the OOC responsibility.
...come play with me?...
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

Wheresmycow

Figured as much.  Dirge Guard are still interesting, and it doesn't stop me from having a bad ass character.

Questions though: are the Dirge Guard considered Sagacia's Guard, or are they a separate enforcement arm?  I ask because I want my character to be a full-time soldier type, maybe with some quirky side hobbies, but otherwise being a professional warrior his thing.  Another one is regard to tech levels: I get that different areas have different tech, and that the main area is close to modern with the Wisdom Tower being further ahead, but is there also the possibility of even farther than that?  I've been playing X-Com and my sci-fi switch turned on hard core.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs