The War Tower at Belleron (D&D Social Game)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, December 04, 2013, 02:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 07, 2013, 05:31:14 PM
Here's hoping we get to have plenty of players, then. ^^

I hope so.  I may have to change things around a bit, though.

Maybe instead of it being an inn, it being an air pirate ship.  And instead of having 3.5 gestalt at 10, maybe make it an E6 Pathfinder game.  I don't know.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Kunoichi

Well, there was a similar game that I was in back in June that was a higher-level Pathfinder game.  It got plenty of interest, though it was advertised as less of a Social Game, and more of a Sandbox Game.

Kimera

I'm sort of fine with either system.

Air pirate ship sounds more exciting then an inn

Edit: In case of a gestalt d&d game, if one of your classes is a monster with level adjustment, do you still get the full HD from the other class?

Kunoichi

Yes, you do.

As far as the choice in systems goes, I think I'd prefer sticking to the current one over switching to a new one.  I like where my character is at, mechanically, and would probably switch to an entirely different character if we switched systems. ^^;

I don't mind changing settings, though.  Kulzu can fit in pretty well in a variety of places, so I don't really have a preference on that front.

Kimera

Phaia

mmm i have A character that should work well as the head of the brothel...an half elf grand daughter of the high elf king... courtesan [very well known], rogue [known in a city now i have to remember which one], sorcerer, spy, a former whore, and best of all an escaped sexslave [long story].

very sexy, smart, daring and at times very risque.

LOL what skills do you see being used for things like seduction or sexual ability

phaia

Primarch

Quote from: Phaia on December 08, 2013, 05:45:59 PM
LOL what skills do you see being used for things like seduction or sexual ability

Probably 'Use Rope' anyway and quite likely 'Profession (Whore)' or something similar.

PhantomPistoleer

mmm i have A character that should work well as the head of the brothel...an half elf grand daughter of the high elf king... courtesan [very well known], rogue [known in a city now i have to remember which one], sorcerer, spy, a former whore, and best of all an escaped sexslave [long story].

phaia

Great!  This being E, I am sure everyone will be content to see someone like this in play.  :)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Phaia

so you say that no spell above lvl 2 will work ..right?
also would you want me to work up the ladies of the brothel or does it matter?

phaia

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Phaia on December 08, 2013, 06:34:04 PM
so you say that no spell above lvl 2 will work ..right?
also would you want me to work up the ladies of the brothel or does it matter?

phaia

There are a number of wards that prevent the casting of spells inside of the Inn's gates.  And I have ideas about the brother and what it shall be, you needn't worry about that.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Kunoichi

phaia

Since this game is set in Eberron, would you like any help converting her over, or would you prefer to say that, like the Inn's proprietor, your character is from another world?

...Also, do you accept freelance workers at the brothel? :P

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 08, 2013, 09:00:46 PM
Since this game is set in Eberron, would you like any help converting her over, or would you prefer to say that, like the Inn's proprietor, your character is from another world?

...Also, do you accept freelance workers at the brothel? :P

The brothel is a bit more complicated than that.  To answer your question, the brothel owner is also the owner of a number of sex slaves -- and adventurers may use and abuse them for free.  It's not uncommon, however, for a famed adventurer to sell him or herself to other adventurers, or people who have the money.  The grotto also has a large group room and a dungeon.  There really is no privacy there.  Whether it's with a slave or an adventurer, sex in the grotto is very likely to attract an audience.  Then again, there are a lot of people having sex down there.

Like the bar upstairs, the grotto/brothel is always very full of patrons -- most of them aren't adventurers, though.

As a side note, since it is outside of the purview of the proprietor's magical vision, it is one of the only places in Belleron where assassins might strike.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Kunoichi

Ah, interesting to know, although that's something that I doubt the average citizen of Khorvaire would approve of.  Still, I imagine Kulzu's probably already had plenty of fun being a voyeur, in that case.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 08, 2013, 10:20:30 PM
Ah, interesting to know, although that's something that I doubt the average citizen of Khorvaire would approve of.  Still, I imagine Kulzu's probably already had plenty of fun being a voyeur, in that case.

Ha ha ha.  "... Kulzu, dear, I'm up for a night of debauchery.  Do you mind giving me that pretty hallucinogenic prick, please?  Preferably on my cock, thank you."
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Kunoichi

"Oh, certainly.  Just make sure you go and see a healer if it stays up for more than four hours this time.  I hate killing people for free."

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 08, 2013, 11:11:57 PM
"Oh, certainly.  Just make sure you go and see a healer if it stays up for more than four hours this time.  I hate killing people for free."

Mmm.  Kinky.  Love it! ;)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Kunoichi

xD I'm glad you approve.  I can tell I'm going to have quite a bit of fun playing Kulzu in this game.

Edit: By the way, would it be alright if I swapped out a couple of Kulzu's spell-like abilities for ones of equal level, that would be slightly more fitting to her overall theme and backstory?

Specifically, I was thinking I could swap out the first level divination spell Detect Good for the first level divination spell Instant Search, which would make her a more competent scout by drastically cutting down the time it would take her to use the Search skill, and then the 1/day Suggestion, a third-level enchantment spell, could be replaced by Venomfire, a third-level transmutation spell that would be much more in keeping with her general affinity for poison.

Kimera

Sounds like a nasty, but sexy little imp  ;D

As for the setting, does it stay with the inn or will it be the new idea with the airship?

Kunoichi

She's a Lawful Evil spirit of shadow and poison, so a little nastiness is par for the course, I think. ;)

We seem to be staying with the Inn, at least at the moment.

Kimera

With gestalt, picking one of the savage species progression classes becomes very tempting and more playable

Kunoichi

That's certainly true. ^^ Any specific ones you were looking at in particular?  I know that Rakshasa have a distinct place in the setting, for example, and on the opposite end of the spectrum, I believe there are progression classes for Dragons in at least one issue of Dragon Magazine.

Kimera

Just skimming the Savage Species book at the moment.  Some of the outsiders came to mind

Kunoichi

Those could certainly work.  Outsiders tend to have a nice mix of powerful abilities, overall.  Though, for an alternative that would be from somewhere a little closer to home in the setting, might I recommend taking a look at either the Medusa or the Harpy, both ECL 10?  You could be an adventurer or mercenary hailing from the monstrous nation of Droaam, which could have all sorts of interesting opportunities for backstory and personality.

In particular, if you chose a Medusa, you'd probably have Kulzu approaching you about the possibility of milking your snakes for their Strength-damage poison. :P

Kimera

A medusa is a possibility, although the gaze attack might cause problems?

Kunoichi

QuoteUnless specified otherwise, a creature with a gaze attack can control its gaze attack and “turn it off ” when so desired. Allies of a creature with a gaze attack might be affected. All the creature’s allies are considered to be averting their eyes from the creature with the gaze attack, and have a 50% chance to not need to make a saving throw against the gaze attack each round.

Looks to me like it won't cause problems for this particular sort of game. ^^

Edit: Also, this article should provide some useful information, if you decide to play a Medusa character.

Edit2: And finally, Narrowed Gaze would make it even easier to avoid friendly fire by making your gaze single-target, while still giving you the option to use the AoE version when necessary.