[Interest Check] Shadowrun: The Caribbean League (Semi-Freeform)

Started by Ciosa, December 04, 2018, 01:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhi

How much weight does each bone lacing add to a character?

Phaia

QuoteMentor Spirit - Define your mentor spirit, and pick one spell, one skill, and one type of spirit. You gain a bonus of +1 on all tests for that spell, skill, and spirit type.

Can an Adept have a mentor spirit. I was going to ask about this anyway?

Phaia

Crash

Quote from: Dhi on December 05, 2018, 07:50:54 PM

I cant find it in 5th edition. It only says it does add weight not how much.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Ciosa

Quote from: Dhi on December 05, 2018, 07:50:54 PM

5kg for plastic, 10kg for aluminum, 15kg for titanium.  For a human.  Multiply by the difference in average weight for another metatype.  (Trolls got more bone to lace.)

Quote from: Phaia on December 05, 2018, 07:55:26 PM
Can an Adept have a mentor spirit. I was going to ask about this anyway?

Phaia

Yes.  Reduce the cost by one point, and ignore the part about the spell getting a bonus on casting.

Dhi

Great!

What is touch link exactly, is it like olfactory boost but for touch? I don't understand the description.

Ciosa

Quote from: Dhi on December 05, 2018, 08:06:17 PM
Great!

What is touch link exactly, is it like olfactory boost but for touch? I don't understand the description.

Touch something, and know density, temperature, etc.  It doesn't include a chem sniffer, but you could presumably dip a finger into water and know if something has been diluted in it.

Dhi

I see. The description sounded like, touch something to your butt and this magic box will tell you if it's scratchy or hot. What?

I'm very interested in the various chemical analysis cyberware, but it's going to depend on what I need to spend on that cyberdeck. 100k, 175k, 250k?

Ciosa

Quote from: Dhi on December 05, 2018, 08:24:42 PM
I see. The description sounded like, touch something to your butt and this magic box will tell you if it's scratchy or hot. What?

I'm very interested in the various chemical analysis cyberware, but it's going to depend on what I need to spend on that cyberdeck. 100k, 175k, 250k?

Actually, in laying out the rules above for the 'upgraded gear,' I'll say that a 'Deck' which provides a basic +2 bonus to Matrix tests is 20k.  Having one which gives a +3 bonus will be 10x the normal price, so we'll call it 200k for the best money can buy and skill can build.  It's not the million nuyen Excalibur 3.0 deck, it provides a similar bonus.

Phaia

Quote from: Dhi on December 05, 2018, 08:24:42 PM

"...wheezz, why you want dat stuf chummer. I git cha good tech...laptop 152 gig drive and bejulles of functions and all for the easy peezy price of 5000 nuyen...wat a  barrgin!"

Nod nod nods
Glares and will sick her pet on ya if you do not buy it!

Phaia

oh need to ask Ciaso. It would be helpful if we were all starting on the same island...ship...etc? Did you have an idea in mind?

Phaia

Ciosa

Quote from: Phaia on December 05, 2018, 08:40:54 PM
oh need to ask Ciaso. It would be helpful if we were all starting on the same island...ship...etc? Did you have an idea in mind?

Phaia

152 gigs in the world of Shadowrun is probably a 'did they use to measure computers in that much memory?'

I'll be setting up a few nodes/places people can choose to frequent.  One is definitely going to be the Libertalia, and I haven't decided on the others yet.  Won't be for another week, though!  Still want people to know the game is open and recruiting.

Phaia

I do not know if you would allow this but as I am building my concept this sorta popped up

Dependent-- Grandfather 70s been in the islands all his life and knows things and all sorts of things
So was also wondering if he could be used as a contact as well!

Phaia

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Ciosa

Quote from: Phaia on December 05, 2018, 09:01:16 PM
I do not know if you would allow this but as I am building my concept this sorta popped up

Dependent-- Grandfather 70s been in the islands all his life and knows things and all sorts of things
So was also wondering if he could be used as a contact as well!

Phaia

Yes, but the points still need to be paid for the contact.

Phaia

Quote from: Ciosa on December 05, 2018, 09:09:45 PM
Yes, but the points still need to be paid for the contact.

Understood!
BTW what is the difference between quick and agility?
Can you use points from flaws to improve something in the build area... ie 5 points of flaws to go from 0 in contacts to 5 points in contacts!

Flaws
Prejudiced
Code  of Honor

Merits
Water Sprite-- Chummer you sure you’re not part merrow? This quality provides a +1 dice pool modifier to all Diving and Swimming tests, as well as tests related to holding your breath and treading water.
Solid Rep
The character has a solid reputation within a certain group. He did something amazing for the group once; old members talk about it with fond memories and new recruits want to find out all about it. The character gets a Reputation bump with a certain specific group; +1 for a solid rep. Even if the character goes on to do negative things to that group, his reputation is such that people want to believe it’s a just a misunderstanding. The selected group should generally have around one to five thousand members. The quality can only be taken once.
Legendary Rep same as solid but gives +2 bonus

Bibliophilia

I'm thinking Morgan's gonna have a contact that installs and maintains her implants, probably two...one for the cyberware and one for the hardware.

Crash

I believe left over flaws are converted to Karma.  So three points of flaws left over equals 6 Karma.  You can increase stuff but it uses the advancement section of the rules not the build section.

Ciosa

Quote from: Phaia on December 05, 2018, 09:19:54 PM
Understood!
BTW what is the difference between quick and agility?
Can you use points from flaws to improve something in the build area... ie 5 points of flaws to go from 0 in contacts to 5 points in contacts!

Quick - represents reaction speed.  It determines who goes first in a confrontation.  It's trumped by wired reflexes and the adept version of wired reflexes.

Agility - represents overall coordination.  Useful for aiming, dodging, melee and accuracy with ranged weapons.

Yes, you may.  You may also save points from your build to buy merits without paying for them with flaws, but not to exceed ten points.

QuoteFlaws
Prejudiced
Code  of Honor

Merits
Water Sprite-- Chummer you sure you’re not part merrow? This quality provides a +1 dice pool modifier to all Diving and Swimming tests, as well as tests related to holding your breath and treading water.
Solid Rep
The character has a solid reputation within a certain group. He did something amazing for the group once; old members talk about it with fond memories and new recruits want to find out all about it. The character gets a Reputation bump with a certain specific group; +1 for a solid rep. Even if the character goes on to do negative things to that group, his reputation is such that people want to believe it’s a just a misunderstanding. The selected group should generally have around one to five thousand members. The quality can only be taken once.
Legendary Rep same as solid but gives +2 bonus
Prejudiced is fine, as is code of honor.  Both would be variable point, like phobia, depending on the specific code of honor and prejudice in question.  In fact, both could be a single 'Compulsion' flaw which could be player defined. 

Instead of rep, I'll be adding an influence related flaw and merit, which represent different degrees of influence within a particular group.  Solid rep would be the same thing.  The influence flaw could also be called 'enemy,' as it indicates a certain group has it out for you.  Water sprite - this sounds more like a particularly high athletics, and a character focus.  In general I want to avoid any merits that target a particular skill, because I don't want too many potential overlapping 'bonuses' to stack on one particular skill. 

Crash

Bibliophilia

Thanks!  -grins.-  I'm always way too excited when I manage something new in Gimp.

Crash

Quote from: Bibliophilia on December 05, 2018, 09:48:27 PM
Thanks!  -grins.-  I'm always way too excited when I manage something new in Gimp.

Heh.  Did you add the tats too?

Bibliophilia

Phaia

::: Face-palms:::

I was so over thinking who I would use for an archer...oh woe how can I make one without a decent idea... Sob sob

I can be so blonde at times

Perfect archer
Face claim Jennifer Lawrence

Release Melissa O'Neil face claim

Phaia

Ciaso in the spirit of Shadowrun one of the classic aspects of the game!

Merit:
4 points - Edge; You may use your edge to adjust ANY die roll your character makes by a +1. Social, CR, AR, agility, skill, soak. As long as it has a number value then edge can influence it. Once used Edge needs time to regenerate. Edge needs 24 Hours [or more] before it can be used again.