Police state oppression and the Orwellian nightmare (HL2 & others) (FxM)

Started by Sarakins, April 17, 2020, 06:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarakins

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

You stand at the corner of a street that was once beautiful. Tall Georgian buildings surround the road,
their mottled skins lay pale with neglect and covered in cancerous growths of alien metal. In this
brief moment of calm, only the distant sound of sirens breaks the silence. It would of been rush hour
once, but now no more than a handful of people mill the streets.

Across the road stands a lone Civil Protection officer, his posture slouched as he grips his stunbaton.
Like a playground bully you watch as he casually sticks his foot out and causes a passing citizen to
tumble. Out of sheer boredom the uniformed thug delivers a kick to the citizen’s ribs before leaning
back against his corner, disinterested. You watch as the elderly gentleman who had fallen collects his
things and limps away, clutching at his side without so much as a glance at his attacker.

As you stand there, gathering the energy needed to walk on, you contemplate that what you have seen
a hundred times before. You wonder about the man behind that mask, who was he before he sold his soul
to the forces of oppression? As your stomach growls from hunger and your bones ache with fatigue, you
wonder is he right? Is it better to be the oppressor or the oppressed? The victim or the abuser?
You ask yourself, what is your morality worth? Is it worth your life?

Will you sell your humanity and join the ranks of Civil Protection?
Will you submit and obediently keep your head low as you survive day by day?
Or will you embrace certain death and
resist?

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

What I am looking for
I am seeking for partners who enjoy bleak tales and dark themes. My ideal partner would be somebody that enjoys playing the GM/narrator and shares my passion for character development/emotional depth. If you enjoy gritty tales of survival and stories set within a world, in which mankind has all but lost it's humanity, then I am sure we'll get along!

As for me, I am a flexible and relaxed roleplayer with many years of experience. I write in paragraphs and have a preference for roleplaying on Discord. I enjoy realistic character interactions and have very few limits in regards to content. I live within the GMT timezone.

My primary character

Sarah Atkins
QuoteA young woman in an world of decrepitude. In her late teens Sarah is a woman for whom the world has ever been a cruel and dangerous place. She has no memories of what it was like before the Combine invaded earth, for she was one of the extremely few children who survived. Raised in the underground by a group of former soldiers, Sarah spent her early years isolated beneath the streets of City 12. When at last she emerged, to her eyes it was not a world of darkness and decay, but one full of untold wonder. The joy of seeing a sky above her head is one that has not yet faded for Sarah Atkins, and as the rest of the human race laments the world that was, Sarah finds herself well adjusted to the life of restrictions and austerity, even if her big mouth and curious eyes often get her into trouble.

So if you're interested in sharing a dynamic and longterm story, then why not drop me a PM and let's talk!

I own all of the above artwork