News:

Main Menu

"To the Cloud"

Started by Callie Del Noire, November 17, 2010, 01:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Is it me or is Windows claiming to have created all these new features on Windows 7 that were actually made up before by other folks?

The latest 'to the cloud' commercials make it look like no one else ever used the Cloud software before.

Before that it was video control/recording

and so on.

Hunter

Microsoft claiming to have invented something that's been around?   Hardly news or new procedure.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Hunter on November 17, 2010, 03:55:15 PM
Microsoft claiming to have invented something that's been around?   Hardly news or new procedure.

Well it's kind of weird to see it like they are the only creative thinkers in the world. There is a girl in my classes at school who told five of us that 'cloud tech' was JUST created by Microsoft.

It's kind of amusing to tell a bunch of Network Admin, Web Design and Programming degree types that she knows more about the computing world than we do.

Of course her essay about how 60 year olds (like our TEACHER) shouldn't be allowed to drive shows her forethought.

Vekseid

Ask her what Google is, then.

Microsoft and Oracle are all about marketing.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Vekseid on November 17, 2010, 04:36:45 PM
Ask her what Google is, then.

Microsoft and Oracle are all about marketing.

According to her Google Docs is new..

To paraphrase Yoda: "Denial is strong in this one."

Oniya

That's like saying Steve Winwood wrote John Barleycorn.  O_o
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on November 17, 2010, 07:10:55 PM
That's like saying Steve Winwood wrote John Barleycorn.  O_o

I had one worker when I was in the navy tell me that:
A: Elvis Presley invented Rock and Roll.
B: That Jimmy Hendrix, Robert Johnson, BB King and a lot of Jazz/Bluesmen had NO influence on metal.

Bayushi

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on November 17, 2010, 08:57:17 PMI had one worker when I was in the navy tell me that:
A: Elvis Presley invented Rock and Roll.
B: That Jimmy Hendrix, Robert Johnson, BB King and a lot of Jazz/Bluesmen had NO influence on metal.

/facepalm

Best bet, Callie? Mute the stupid commercials. Ignore the idiotic girl who thinks she knows about cloud computing.

The commercials annoy me. The only part that amuses me is the one chick, "Yay... cloud!" More of a facepalm laughter moment if anything.

Oniya

Either that, or superimpose the old Batman show (with Adam West).

To the Batcave Cloud!
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17