The Realms Beyond - Modern & Fantasy [Recruitment Open] LGBTQIA+

Started by Wistful Dream, July 24, 2022, 05:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Sakura

I can't help myself.

Can I reserve - anastasia e.g 'anydeath please. I'm thinking of making a character for the winter realm/court.

Miss Nyx

Quote from: Lady Sakura on July 31, 2022, 12:44:06 PM
I can't help myself.

Can I reserve - anastasia e.g 'anydeath please. I'm thinking of making a character for the winter realm/court.

Yaaaaaay Sakky!!! -tackle hugs-

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Miss Nyx on July 31, 2022, 12:51:30 PM
Yaaaaaay Sakky!!! -tackle hugs-

yaay! *hugs* I saw all my favorite peeps and had to come party <3

RedPhoenix

Well I was gonna tacklehug Sakky but it looks like that's been covered, thanks Nyx. :D
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Lady Sakura

Quote from: RedPhoenix on July 31, 2022, 12:56:56 PM
Well I was gonna tacklehug Sakky but it looks like that's been covered, thanks Nyx. :D

*pounces* Red! We finally get to write together again!

Wistful Dream

Andronica

RedPhoenix

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Lady Sakura

I was thinking of making one the Nightmares and commander of the nightmares (specialized soldiers) to act as spies and assassins.

I saw the Commander was taken so just another Nightmare. Is there anything else specifically I should know about these type of specialized soldiers?  From what the lore states. Does my Nightmare have to answer to the commander if they are seen as lone fighters? Or is that who I would get assignments from?

Wistful Dream

Nightmares
The Nightmare Warriors are the opposite side of the priests and priestesses of the temple of Azaur. They use dream weaving to hurt.

They are chosen from the ranks of Winter soldiers. They go through many tests, and only the superior come out on top. They are taught dream weaving if they don't already possess the magic.

They use dream weaving to cause waking dreams, like hallucinations, to distract. They can also enter dreams to damage the minds of enemies. They use these skills along with stealth and fighting abilities to accomplish specialized missions, such as altering the course of human wars. Or they can be assigned to simple assassinations or even spying. Occasionally they are sent to the front lines to fight the Voidborn, or even enter the battered lands to rescue lost soldiers.

Their mantra: I fear nothing, I am a Nightmare, I am death and ending.

Just pulled this for you, in case you missed it. I'm going to tag in Rustic as he built them out to better answer your requestion though. :)

Lady Sakura

I appreciate you <3. Thank you so much! I was reading up on Winter Realm to better get acquainted with its cultures, characters in that court and such.

Wistful Dream

Of course. :) My understanding is that the Nightmares can operate either in a team or solitary, but I'd hate to say that to you and then be wrong. What type of fae are you thinking?

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Wistful Dream on July 31, 2022, 03:18:14 PM
Of course. :) My understanding is that the Nightmares can operate either in a team or solitary, but I'd hate to say that to you and then be wrong. What type of fae are you thinking?

I'm caught between a Merfolk/Merrow, shapeshifter or a water dragon. I thought about vampire but decided I want to try and branch out to something different. ^^

Wistful Dream

Oh those are all such good options. So far we only have fire dragons and one earth. I'm excited to finally be in a game with you.

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Wistful Dream on July 31, 2022, 03:28:18 PM
Oh those are all such good options. So far we only have fire dragons and one earth. I'm excited to finally be in a game with you.

I know right! It only took us forever. <3

I'll have a lookie at the characters already in game and see no winter dragon might be fun with my face claims skin complexion XD but I also don't see any Merfolk either. The choices!

Wistful Dream

I know Rayne is working on a mermaid, but that's all I'm aware of. We need more water folk lol.

Rustic

Quote from: Lady Sakura on July 31, 2022, 02:56:33 PM
I was thinking of making one the Nightmares and commander of the nightmares (specialized soldiers) to act as spies and assassins.

I saw the Commander was taken so just another Nightmare. Is there anything else specifically I should know about these type of specialized soldiers?  From what the lore states. Does my Nightmare have to answer to the commander if they are seen as lone fighters? Or is that who I would get assignments from?

Hi Lady Sakura! I'm excited to see you joining the game!  :-)

I see wisti gave you the breakdown. Yes you get the assignments from the commander. They tend to operate in a few ways, but they're more like 00 agents, assassin's, and occasionally like seal team soldiers (can group up for common missions or helping soldiers fight the void). The primary thing is they use dreamweaving as a main defense. Some also tend to do things that are ethically questionable for the greater good, think destroying a leaders mind with dreamweaving to stop a nuclear war.l, or torture via dreams. It depends on how you get assigned (or choose your character to be assigned). Some get assigned to other special roles, like Rhia is the king's personal guard.

As for types of fae, mermaid would be great. I believe we have two in the works. But if you're in winter you have the option of travelling to Atlantis underwater which might be great for story purposes, especially if they're a nightmare.

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Mellific on July 31, 2022, 03:44:13 PM
Yayyy! Welcome, Sakky! :>

Hiii!  Thank you <3

Quote from: Rustic on July 31, 2022, 04:17:59 PM
Hi Lady Sakura! I'm excited to see you joining the game!  :-)

I see wisti gave you the breakdown. Yes you get the assignments from the commander. They tend to operate in a few ways, but they're more like 00 agents, assassin's, and occasionally like seal team soldiers (can group up for common missions or helping soldiers fight the void). The primary thing is they use dreamweaving as a main defense. Some also tend to do things that are ethically questionable for the greater good, think destroying a leaders mind with dreamweaving to stop a nuclear war.l, or torture via dreams. It depends on how you get assigned (or choose your character to be assigned). Some get assigned to other special roles, like Rhia is the king's personal guard.

As for types of fae, mermaid would be great. I believe we have two in the works. But if you're in winter you have the option of travelling to Atlantis underwater which might be great for story purposes, especially if they're a nightmare.

Thank you for the clarification. I'll go with another merfolk then.  ;D

TeamToaster

Aaaah amazing! I'm so happy that a new faery game is up. Definitely planting my interest flag (though I'm a little late to the party). Can't wait to properly go through all this and the characters so far!

Wistful Dream

Wistful Dream

The Great Challenge is live!! Read the lore to get the history and an overview.

There are two threads for this first event, a social focused one and a competition focused one. Please make sure you are using the right thread for your scene. If you want to set up a competition between yourself and another player feel free to use the Out of character thread here, or the Plotting channel on the Discord. This will permit me to see what you are discussing and make sure it fits within the scope of the games.

This event will run until we do our switch over to the Autumn season, at the start of December out of character.

Still accepting characters, now is a great time to join.

Scin

Quote from: TeamToaster on August 01, 2022, 08:16:35 PM
Aaaah amazing! I'm so happy that a new faery game is up. Definitely planting my interest flag (though I'm a little late to the party). Can't wait to properly go through all this and the characters so far!

Welcome! You've already made some fantastic characters.

CurvyKitten

OK been tinkering away at this one idea for to long. But I just had a sudden idea!!! What would a hag, or witchy type fae fit under? I have a interesting twist on the blind witch from Hazel and Gretel! LOL

EDIT: OK maybe more a dream fae maybe....sorry idea evolving beyond my control. LOL

Wistful Dream

Dream fae would be under Winter! And they could be anything, from a Frost nymph, to a Siren to a shapeshifter.

Announcement - As of now dragons and phoenixes are closed, only one more daoine, and two more unicorns. Common fae of course are still open.