Digimon: Digital Champions Group RP! Seeking 1M, 1F and several Digimon!

Started by Vergil Tanner, June 07, 2016, 03:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil Tanner

Note:
We are currently recruiting one more female and one more male character! Additionally, if anybody would like to play a Digimon, we have several players who would like to have their Partners written by other players. :-)

Hey everybody! As you probably could tell from the title, this is a Seeking Thread for a new Group Game that I want to try based on the old anime “Digimon!" Who wants a pet fire breathing T-Rex?! :D

The plot, at this moment in time, isn't all that complicated: our characters are relatively ordinary, every day 18 year olds from various places in the world that experience a strange phenomenon – a blinding white light, the feeling of floating, then unconsciousness – and then wake up in a strange, alien world...the Digital World. They wake up alone, in the middle of nowhere, and have to not only find out where they are, but who else is around and how to get home. They are soon met with their assigned Digimon Partners – at that point in Trainee Form, the one before Rookie – and learn that they are no longer on Earth, and that they are not the only human to have arrived in this world. Their final goal starts as “Get Home,” but as the game unfolds, it becomes apparent that they are, in fact, The Digi-Destined, brought through to the Digital World in order to not only grow as people, but to save both the Digital World and the Real World from utter destruction.

In this universe, the events of the TV series and movie never happened, so this is the first time a group of humans have travelled into the Digital World. They are all 18 years old, and they don't necessarily know each other. They can come from anywhere in the modern world, but the Digital World serves to translate whatever languages they're speaking into a language the others can understand. Not canon, no, but fuck it. It means you can be more creative with where your character is from. The game will take the form of a chronological progression through Story Events, with regular breaks where you can spin off and do other things in a more Sandboxy period (EG, setting up camp for the night) before the next Story Day.

What I am looking for is at least five players to join me on this journey to save the world and return home in time for Finals! The first thing I need is five Human Characters; I will be playing a male, so I need three females and two male characters. I don't care if the players are male or female. :P After that, if any other players want to join, you'd need to be ok with playing as a characters Digimon. Obviously, ask said player first.
What I need are at least five players who are passionate about writing, love a story-driven game – sex will be allowed but isn't the main focus – and remember the old Digimon Cartoon fondly. Canon knowledge isn't necessary; I'll be researching what I can and then making shit up as I go along for the rest, since...well, let's be honest, the Digimon Cartoon played just as loosely with its canon as I intend to. Besides, Alternate Universe, so we have artistic licence.

The Skeleton of the bio is below, but please leave the Digimon section blank; after reviewing your characters, we'll have a PM chat about which Digimon suits your character best and what kind of personality they should have, since the point of Digimon was to teach their Tamers important lessons on how to grow as people. They were similar personalities, but also different in very specific, complimentary ways...so we'd need to talk about those Digimon.

So! I am looking for a cast of interesting, fleshed out, unique and balanced characters. They don't have to be emotionally or mentally stable - in fact, it is encouraged that they have their own issues, since that makes it interesting - but they do have to be playable and fit into the setting. Additionally, I would prefer to have no social pariahs or loners or people who suffer from social disabilities that prevent them from getting involved. Whilst these people do exist, of course, from a meta point of view they are very difficult to Roleplay in an engaging and interesting way since they - by necessity - cannot easily get involved with proceedings. This is just to make sure that everybody has a way to get involved, and to keep it interesting for you and the other players. Further, they must be interesting, balanced characters. This is strictly mandatory.

Also, please commit to being active in the community. I want you to be an active voice in the creative process, so I don't just want a character, I want an eager and excited participant.

This is what I need from you guys!

- A Bio, following the Code. Since this is Digimon, use Anime-style pictures for your characters. Characters will be edited and tweaked by questions and comments from me until I'm happy that they fit the setting and are interesting and unique. :-)
Nobody gets more than one character. :-)

- A statement of whether you would prefer your Digimon to be a PC, an NPC controlled by you, or that you don't mind which one.

- I want to get to know you as a writer. You could have the most interesting character in the world, but if your writing style is not one that would mesh well with what I'm looking for, I would rather know beforehand so I waste as little of your time as possible. As such, along with your bio, I also need a writing sample from you...a piece of writing from your characters perspective of the moment they were sucked into the Digital World. That is, what they were doing just before the Phenomenon, and their last memories before losing consciousness...and then, when the game starts, we'll pick up right where that post left off. :-) Posts need to be written in third person past tense, so please do the Prompt in that format.
My posts, personally, tend to be fairly long and detailed, so anything below two decent sized paragraphs is probably too little depending on the situation. It depends on the writer, but anything below six lines will immediately be rejected due to its incompatibility with what I'm looking for. Please and thank you!

So, the Bio Code:

[float=right] Put Pictures Here. [/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b] A Basic written description of the picture, plus any non-pictured details.

[b]Personality:[/b] A Basic written description of their personality and attitude.

[b]Background:[/b] An overview of their life so far.

[b]Relationships with other characters (If Applicable):[/b] Any characters that your character knows, detail here. Ask the player first.

[b]Relationship Status:[/b] Is your character in a relationship? If not, are they looking?

[b]Starter Digimon:[/b] Please leave blank for now.

[b]Theme Song:[/b] OPTIONAL. A piece of music or a song you think suits the character.

[b]Writing Sample:[/b] The moments before your character lost consciousness.

If you'd like to play as a Digimon, then please look at the available Rookies below, contact the player in question to ask if they would like their Digimon played by another Player - and whether they're ok with you specifically applying for that role - and then fill out this bio Together to ensure that you are both happy with the partnership. Whether the player is looking for another player to write their Digimon - or if they already have a PC Partner - will be noted on the character list below.

[float=right]Insert Image/s Here.[/float]

[b]Name:[/b] Name. Just put the Digimon Species Name here. This will be occupied by the name of the form they spend the most time in. This will start as the In-Training II mode, and then afterwards is usually the Rookie name.
[b]Gender:[/b] Male or Female.
[b]Orientation:[/b] I guess?

[b]Appearance:[/b] Written Description. Also include any extra details that aren't shown in the pictures, or distinctive features that may be atypical of their Species.

[b]Personality:[/b] A basic summary of their personality, their foibles, etc etc.

[b]Basic Background:[/b] Remember, In-Training Digimon are very young, so at the start they will have maybe a year or two of life to draw on.

[b]Digivolutions:[/b] This will be filled out as the story progresses, Documenting their various forms and the first time they Digivolved.

[b]Theme Music:[/b] Optional.

[b]Writing Prompt:[/b] For you, this will be the moments leading up to and including your Digimon saw a strange light in the sky, several descending beams splitting off from it...and then felt a strange [i]pull[/i] to go towards one of them, with the unshakeable feeling that you are [i]meant[/i] to be there...

Please remember to ensure your pictures are formatted properly, and remember to let me know whether you want to control your Digimon, or would like another player to do it instead, or whether you just don't care. :P

And for the moment, I believe that is about it. Applications are to be posted here and will remain open until further notice. During this process, questions will be asked, suggestions made and requests directed at applicants. Your responses will affect the final decision; this is, to all intents and purposes, an interview of the writer as well as the character.

So, now that that is all out of the way...I look forward to seeing who's gonna bite! :D

Accepted Characters [Writers] and Digimon:

Males:

- Elias Wright [Vergil Tanner] / Impmon [Not Looking]

- Morgan Roberts [Kiric Rand] / Kokuwamon [No Preference]

- Tomoya Aizawa [pendarious] / Veemon [Would Like a Player]

Females:

- Mei Sampson [Amarlo] / Salamon [Not Looking]

- Kayla Hamilton [Vergil1989] / Renamon [Galnius]

- Angelia Grady [Lynnie] / Kudamon [Josh Arcanum]
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Vergil Tanner

Name: Elias Carter Wright.
Orientation: Straight

Appearance:
Elias stands at about 6 feet tall with a slender, athletically muscular build; whilst not “big” in the muscle department, he is well toned and in-shape, his form more suited to a long distance runner or athlete than a – for example – MMA Fighter. He has sandy-blonde hair that – in a certain light – looks almost like a dull silver, which is usually worn in a messy tangle of well-maintained but unstyled “controlled chaos.” Hazy, misty green eyes peer out from a strongly angled, no-nonsense, well defined face with strong cheekbones and a well-angled jawline. He tends to wear his school uniform in the manner of a stereotypical “Tough Guy,” but largely because he just doesn't really care that much about anything but Mei.

Personality:
Elias is, to cut a long story short, a bit of an asshole. He's standoffish, suspicious and just a little bit rude to most people he meets, always being ready with a snarky or condescending remark on the other persons intelligence, naivety or some other perceived flaw, and is unlikely to take other people even a little seriously unless they prove themselves competent in some way, shape or form. He is also markedly more aggressive than Mei, being quick to anger and quicker to argument...and if you look at, speak about or speak to Mei the wrong way, is willing to resort to violence very quickly. He is intensely protective and possessive of Mei, to the point where any perceived threat to her is likely to meet with an extreme reaction from Elias. He rarely lets her out of his sight willingly, and is never too far from her side.

Background:
Elias and his twin sister Mei grew up together in a broken household; they were born the youngest two of six children, the other four being extremely loud and exuberant, and so – past the obvious attention a pair of baby requires – were largely overlooked in favour of the more troublesome ones. Therefore, they learned very quickly how to fend for themselves and that they were the only ones likely to look after each other in any way, shape or form. They largely stayed out of the way of everybody else in the manner of children with no real parental connections, so grew to depend massively on their Twin Sibling. When they were 9, their father – who apparently had had enough – left, and their mothers previously under-control substance abuse problems spiralled into disaster, to the point where rather than continuing to support her children, she gave them into Foster Care to better fuel her addiction and – presumably – protect her children from her own toxic influence.

At age 10, Elias and Mei entered their first foster home, a small house in a countryside village living with an elderly couple by the names of Joseph and Nancy Sampson. The couple were friendly, warm, parental and doting, paying the previously neglected children massive amounts of attention and acting more like parents than their biological ones ever had...and, for the first time, the Twins were happy. They had a good home, loving foster parents and were beginning to make some friends at the local school. They had three good years...before things once again came crashing down around them. Joseph Sampson was, only a year and a half after they moved in, diagnosed with late-stage and therefore fatal Prostate Cancer. He passed away when the Twins were only 13, and Nancy gave them back into Foster Care soon after, unable to deal with two teenagers and the grief of losing her husband of 60 years.

The Twins were moved to a different household, this one with several other Foster Children who saw their arrival as a threat and intrusion, and proceeded to try and make their stay miserable. A mere three months after their arrival, the Twins attempted to run away together, back to Mrs. Sampson who – they were convinced – shouldn't be alone and needed them as much as they needed her. Unfortunately, they were caught and put back into the system.....where they learned that Nancy had passed away from grief-fuelled illness only a few weeks before. Due to their attempted flight, the pair of them were split up and sent to separate Foster Homes, despite their constant pleading to stay together. The next three years of Elias's life were...troubled. Because of the loss of the closest person in his life and the only person he knew he could count on, Elias rebelled hard against authority; from teachers who he thought didn't care to his Foster Parents who didn't understand to even the local cops who seemed to be out to get him, all of them were manifestations of the system that had failed him and his sister, and torn them away from the only people they truly needed; each other. He was in and out of trouble with the school system and the law, only escaping due to his status as a minor, and was more often in detention than out playing with the other children...not that he would have played in the first place. He didn't have any friends, he didn't want any friends, and anybody who tried to pick on the “loner weird kid in the corner” found themselves in the nurses office very quickly. Truancy, violence, even a bit of shoplifting just for the hell of it...he wasn't the worst kid in the world, but he wasn't a good one.

Eventually he was rejected by his Foster Family – as he had expected from the start; they wanted it easy, they would rather be rid of him than try to understand why he was acting out in the manner he was – and moved to a different Foster Home...one that was actually in the middle of moving house. He joined the family for their move – they attempted to call him by their last name, Carter, but he stubbornly stuck to the last link he had with his sister, his birth name, Wright - and ended up enrolled in a fresh High School partway through the semester at the age of 16 where he imagined things were going to be much the same...until he saw her. Their eyes met from across the room as he was being introduced to the class – he was largely ignoring the teacher, looking dispassionately around at the kids who were soon gonna either be picking on him or ignoring him entirely – and they never left each other, even as she pointedly moved seats next to an empty desk...one that he made his way to, too. It was Mei. After three years apart, after growing up separately...the system had lost track of her Foster Family, and his, and they'd ended up together again. After class, they embraced and he even cried for the first time in years at being reunited with his sister, and only parted when the bell for the end of break sounded, albeit reluctantly. Over the next few weeks and months, they were literally inseparable, going everywhere and doing everything together...until one of the teachers noticed them together, and – after Elias beat up a kid who dared make a disparaging comment about her - asked pointedly what they were to each other. Panicking – terrified that if she admitted to them being siblings, they'd be separated again – she lied and claimed that they were in a relationship.

So, their fake relationship began; holding hands, kisses goodbye, extreme proximity at lunch, everything you'd expect from a teenage couple, they did, having to fake it so that nobody else cottoned on to the fact that they were more than just High School Sweethearts. Of course, her Foster Family didn't approve of him...but that didn't stop them being around each other, and the more they pretended, the more Elias realised that he liked pretending...not only did it stop others – mostly – from screwing with her, it basically kept her to himself, which he very much liked. It gave them an excuse to spend most of their time together, again something that he liked...and he began to realise that he liked her as more than just Fake BF and Protective Brother...over time – at about age 17 – their “fake relationship” suddenly became a real one, one that they had both committed to, one that they were both aware of and invested in...and one that, to them, just felt right.

So, they immediately began scheming to save up their money from their part time jobs and run away together as soon as School ended and they became legal adults, making plans, sending out job applications and looking for places to stay...as it hit the last semester of their year, they were beginning to make last minute preparations for finals, graduation and their flight into adult life with each other...when a mysterious bright light enveloped the pair of them, pulling them away from each other and sucking them away from the old world and their plans and dreams. Elias awoke some time later in a strange land, surrounded by towering trees as foreign, alien animals hurried about in the undergrowth and in the branches of the canopy, strange sounds in the distance...and Mei was nowhere to be seen. He panicked, then became angry...and struck out immediately to try and find his beloved sister.

Relationships with other characters (If Applicable):
Mei Sampson: Twin, Boyfriend, Lover.

Starter Digimon:

Relationship Status: Taken.

Theme Song:

The Wildcard by Really Slow Motion

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Amarlo

-Files in- ^^

Mei Sampson

Name: Mei Wright Sampson
Sex: Female
Orientation: Straight, Demisexual

Appearance:
Mei has one of those almost alien appearances that constantly make people stop and double take. Not only is she a natural redhead with the pallid skin to back it up, but her Elizabeth Taylor eyes are so pale blue they might as well be glass glazed lilac petals – giving her rather exquisitely exotic appearance.  In body Mei is best described as slight in stature, standing at a maximum height of 5 feet and 4 inches. However she is beautifully curved and holds the body of a dancer – nimble and flexible – with long shapely legs and a petite but ample bust. Then add the fact that this young lady is almost always femininely dressed in skirts and dressed that complement her supple form and you have a knock out in the making.

Personality:
While Mei doesn't exactly seem shy, she’s doesn't exactly seem bold either. She tends to tip toe along the line in between, often losing her balance and tipping from one side to the other at varying degrees. There is one thing that can truly be said about Mei though, and that is there is no way could she ever be described as aggressive or hostile. As a matter of fact, while she can often comes off as reserved and introverted, she is almost always seen as warm and easy going by her peers. This has made her unintentionally popular among many of her peers whom have come to dote on her as their ‘adorkable’ mascot. It doesn’t matter what group or social circle they’re from, there’s a certain aura of genial vulnerability emanating from Mei that just makes it exceedingly difficult to treat her unkindly. On the flip side, however, there are some less than savory characters out there that have found themselves unnaturally abhorrent towards her behavior and find her both fake and intolerable for some reason they can never seem to logically define.

However, it's when you truly become her friend that you notice a real difference and just how truly shy this young woman is. Once she becomes comfortable with someone she is more open and even mischievous at times. She proves to have a quick wit that she often keeps to herself among those she hasn't properly deemed safe to come out of her shell yet. Mei is not only playful but impish even and can come off as downright bratty under the right circumstances - although that is usually her just being silly. She has a deep unabated love for animals and while she is generally compassionate towards those of her own species, she usually deems them as untrustworthy, dangerous and foolish at times - even if she wants so desperately to see the good in everyone.

Background:
Mei and her twin brother, Elias, grew up together in a broken household; they were born the youngest two of six children, the other four being extremely loud and exuberant, and so – past the obvious attention a pair of baby requires – were largely overlooked in favor of the more troublesome ones. Therefore, they learned very quickly how to fend for themselves and that they were the only ones likely to look after each other in any way, shape or form. They largely stayed out of the way of everybody else in the manner of children with no real parental connections, so grew to depend massively on their Twin Sibling. When they were 9, their father – who apparently had had enough – left, and their mothers previously under-control substance abuse problems spiraled into disaster, to the point where rather than continuing to support her children, she gave them into Foster Care to better fuel her addiction and – presumably – protect her children from her own toxic influence.

At age 10, Mei and Elias entered their first foster home, a small house in a countryside village living with an elderly couple by the names of Joseph and Nancy Sampson. The couple were friendly, warm, parental and doting, paying the previously neglected children massive amounts of attention and acting more like parents than their biological ones ever had...and, for the first time, the Twins were happy. They had a good home, loving foster parents and were beginning to make some friends at the local school. They had three good years...before things once again came crashing down around them. Joseph Sampson was, only a year and a half after they moved in, diagnosed with late-stage and therefore fatal Prostate Cancer. He passed away when the Twins were only 13, and Nancy gave them back into Foster Care soon after, unable to deal with two teenagers and the grief of losing her husband of 60 years.

The Twins were moved to a different household, this one with several other Foster Children who saw their arrival as a threat and intrusion, and proceeded to try and make their stay miserable. A mere three months after their arrival, the Twins attempted to run away together, back to Mrs. Sampson who – they were convinced – shouldn't be alone and needed them as much as they needed her. Unfortunately, they were caught and put back into the system.....where they learned that Nancy had passed away from grief-fueled illness only a few weeks before. Due to their attempted flight, the pair of them were split up and sent to separate Foster Homes, despite their constant pleading to stay together.

The next three years of Mei’s young life were primarily marked by excessive anxiety and panic attacks. Mei had always been the mousier of the two siblings and to have her greatest source of safety and comfort ripped away from her wasn’t something she was at all prepared to deal with. She spent much of her time between counseling and in the closet of her shared room hiding from her new ‘siblings’ while clinging to a little tiger plush her brother had given to her for her 11th birthday. After losing Mr. and Ms. Sampson, to lose Elias on top of it proved to be too much for the little girl and she crumbled beneath the weight of it all. Mei stopped speaking just a short few months after moving in with her new family; without her brother. It made counseling exceedingly difficult but when she was finally asked why she no longer spoke the last thing she ever said for many years was, “I do not talk because no one listens.” and it was perhaps more true than anyone would like to admit. She’d begged to be reunited with her brother. She told them over and over again it was the only way she could feel safe and happy again, but they couldn’t even bring themselves to find a way for the two of them to visit. So Mei simply shut down.

It wasn’t until three years of what felt like purgatory later that she started speaking again, and the first thing to leave her trembling lips was her brother’s name. The amount of shock that slammed into her when he stepped into her classroom and the teacher began to introduce him could not be overstated. She was stunned to disbelief. For a moment she just thought she was seeing things, for a moment she was terrified that her mind was playing tricks on her like it had many times before… But when he finally came to take a seat next to her and they grazed fingertips for the first time in years, the way her heart jolted told her there was no way possibly this could be anything but real. She nearly lost herself to tears right there in the middle of class, and the two of them had to endure the mere two and a half feet between them until class ended with almost inaudible sniffles and hiccups escaping little Mei here or there.

After Elias became a constant part of her life again, Mei started to speak far more frequently again and while she was always friendly and warm, she was more light hearted and happy than she’d been in what felt like a very long time. Naturally, this was something that had unintentionally drawn attention to her and her new relationship with one of the school’s newest students and when the teacher finally questioned the obvious source of this new behavior and her relationship with him, Mei panicked. The last thing she wanted to do was admit that Elias was her brother and have them split up again. So in that panic went with the first thing that came to her mind, she told their teacher that Elias was her first and only boyfriend. Suddenly everything seemed to make sense to the teacher, while Elias and Mei were awkwardly left to continue such a façade thereafter. Except that it wasn’t exactly awkward in the way they would have thought it was, it was awkward because it felt right. They were perfectly content to continue the ruse, and as time went by their relationship eventually and inevitably left the bounds of ‘fake’ in a catalytic scene stemming from both fear and passion, and turned into a committed reality.

They had just begun to plan their lives together – save up money, take on part time jobs and wait until school ended – so when they were finally free of the system they could leave it hand in hand and start a life where they were inseparable. However, as shown several times before, Fate liked to make things difficult for them and pulled them apart once again. A bright light suddenly enveloped them as they walked through one of their favorite parks and before she knew what was happened Mei’s fingers had been pried from his, and she found herself contained to a whole new landscape – without Elias by her side once again.

Relationships with other characters (If Applicable):
Elias Wright –  Twin, Girlfriend, Lover

Relationships Status:  Taken

Starter Digimon: Nyaromon

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Vergil Tanner

Well hello there, Ammy! We made our bios together, so I already know everything there is A-OK. :P Welcome aboard the Digitrain! Or should that be Trainmon? :P

Vergil1989

I'll get my gal going in a while.  Just marking my spot here for future reference.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Vergil Tanner

Kiric Rand

Name: Morgan Roberts
Orientation: Hertofelxable (Prefers women, but is not opposed to a male partner)

Appearance: Despite his enjoyment of machines and computers, Morgan has kept himself in fairly decent shape. Though not overly strong by any means of the word, but he is healthy and fit. He does have a tattoo on his upper left arm, designed to make his arm look like a network of wires and circuits. The feature most people seem to noticed about him first are his blue eyes, dark as ice and just as cold.

Personality: Quiet, cold, calculating. Morgan is very standoffish, not one to really carry a conversation with most people. However, deep down there is a hint of pain in his eyes. Anyone trying to dig deeper into his past is likely to be brushed off and ignored, Morgan tends to detest physical violence, but is not above using it in a last resort. Morgan tends to prefer machines and computers to real people, machines only work within the bounds of their programming, they can’t try and screw you over.

Background: Morgan has known nothing but a life of pain and misery from his early childhood. The only son of the owner of a major technology research firm, Morgan should have had the life of luxury and ease. His mother passed away due to complications from birth, and his father soon after in an airplane crash. Due to being a newborn, Morgan had no legal obligation to his rightful legacy. The company was taken over with hostility, and any who opposed or tried to secure anything for the young heir was quickly removed.

Thus, Morgan was basically erased from the company’s record, ensuring that nothing would ever be his, leaving him to grow up as a normal child. He shuffled from home to home, never lasting with any family long due to his attitude. As time passed, he grew more and more reclusive, shutting out everyone from his life. None of these families ever felt right to him, they weren’t his real parents, he should have never grown up in this scenario.

At the age of 10, Morgan heard the first rumors of who his real parents were, and made his own vow to recover what should have been his. HE spent the next few years learning all he could about computers and machines, how they worked, and how they could be used to help him recover what he should have.

One of the first discoveries he found was a memo still on the company server, something that was thought to be deleted. While it never directly stated as such, what was left of the coding hinted that his father’s death may not have been an accident. Fueled with an internal rage, he continued to delve deeper into the servers, trying to find he rest of the coding, trying to put the rest of the memo together. However, he got sloppy, and was caught.

Being a minor at the time, he was sent for a short stint in a juvenile detention center. This did not stop him from trying though, he simply learned how to cover his tracks better.

Relationships with other characters (If Applicable): None

Relationship Status: None at this time, not actively looking, but may be convinced.

Starter Digimon:

Theme Song: Nobody’s Real by Powerman 5000 Morgan has come to believe that very few people, if anybody, ever tells the full truth, where as computers and robots can not lie.

Writing Sample: Typical. Just typical. It seemed this new contact wasn’t going to be any help at all. Here he was, another day gone, and he was no closer to proving his father’s death was not an accident. What made things worse was fact he had just turned eighteen a few days ago, which meant he had to be even more careful in covering his tracks. The next time he got caught, it wouldn’t be a light punishment like the last time. Whoever had arranged his dad’s death had done a surprising job of removing any trace of their involvement. Hell, it seemed Morgan had been lucky finding the part of the memo he did. He refused to believe that, he couldn’t have just gotten lucky, he had the skills to find the information; he just had to keep trying.

Morgan put his hands in his jeans after brushing a stray strand of his black hair out of his eyes, walking down the street looking down at his feet. He had been so close, so close to finally getting his justice on those who robbed him of his family.  The simplest answer was he needed a stronger computer, something able to get him in and out of the mainframe without being seen. But so far every route had come up blank for him, returning him back to square one once more. He was blind to the world around him, focused so much on his vengeance the he almost didn’t notice the bright white light now surrounding him.

It wasn’t until his feet actually started leaving the ground that he first realized that something was really wrong. He looked up from the ground, noticing her was slowly being lifted off the ground and toward the sky. He started to scream, trying to get the attention of anyone around. However, he soon saw he was alone, and he looked up to the sky. This couldn’t be how it ended for him, not when he was so close. In the last moments he could remember, he swore he could see some strange land in the sky, land he was slowly floating toward.

I am perfectly ok with my Digimon either being an npc or pc

(I see Morgan’s quest being about letting go of the past vs seeking vengeance)
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Amarlo

Haha! Kiric, I had just finished listening to Worlds Collide xD

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Kiric Rand

[Floatright]
[/float]
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-

Vergil Tanner

Ok, well, tell them to apply when they can! We only have one more male human PC available, so...they'll have to be quick if they want a male! :D

Also, as a word of warning to people, I WILL push you to expand your writing if I feel like your effort isn't matching the rest of the groups. ;) If somebody gives you 30 lines and you give them 10...well, I know that would frustrate ME, so...do your best, ok guys? :-) I can't and won't ask any more than that :D

Oh, Kiric, you're accepted! :D Once we get the cast filled out, we can start chatting about what your Digimon Partner will be :D

Kiric Rand

Understood. My writing tends to reflect what my partners give me though. The more I am given, the more I can give
[Floatright]
[/float]

Vergil Tanner

That's how it goes for me, too :D You'll know when you're starting to bore me, since my posts will get significantly shorter very quickly XD

Kiric Rand

But in all seriousness, I am glad to be here and will do my best
[Floatright]
[/float]

Amarlo

Well with that attitude I'm already looking forward to playing with you too! ;D

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Vergil Tanner

Vergil1989

Name:  Kayla Hamilton
Orientation:  Bisexual

Appearance:  Kayla Hamilton is tall.  That's the first thing people always notice, right behind the fact that she looks like an Amazonian with her dark, sun kissed skin, and compact, muscular frame, as well as her focused, gray eyes that have a tendency to look like they're full of pale moonlight under the right light.  The image isn't helped by the torn jeans and tight, form fitting shirts and pants she favors most days of the week, giving off the impression she's unapproachable.  The piercings in her bellybutton, a simple jeweled metal stud, and the pierced earrings she had in both earlobes that usually contain hoops or heavy metal adornments, further enhance the image that she is not someone you want to get close to.  Good sized, 34 D breasts, long, muscular legs, slender waist, wavy, raven black hair, and a tendency for black buckled boots or steel toed work boots to go with her faded, rip jeans and black leather jacket complete the 'bad girl' image she's been tagged with.

Personality:  Despite appearances to the contrary, Kayla is not the 'bad girl', most people see at first sight.  Oh she can certainly throw a punch if the need arises, and as an active participant in the martial arts in her grandmother's dojo, she has the determination and discipline to match, but all in all, she's a pretty level headed person.  That's not to say she doesn't have her issues, having had some....minor anger management issues as a child, issues that martial arts has largely dispelled, but overall she's better than she's been.  When it comes to protecting those she deems a friend though, there are few fiercer than her ready to pick up the cause when the need arises.  She's a kind, woman that looks tough but has a heart of gold', but that angry, wild beast which hides her vulnerable heart she used to be is still lurking in the dark recesses of her mind, waiting to be released under the right circumstances....

Background:  Kayla Hamilton was a troubled child when she was young.  The reason for it was simple enough, her dad was an asshole, made life difficult for her mom and her two brothers who were a year older than her.  It wasn't until she was nine years old that things got better, when her dad was arrested for possessing an illegal substance and her mother finally grew a pair to get them out of the house, divorcing the piece of shit while she was at it and ensuring he couldn't get his hands on anything they owned.  Unfortunately, he'd done enough damage to her, made Kayla hate his rotten guts, and she blamed her mother for not doing something a lot sooner against him since he had gone after her first and foremost anytime he was drunk, which was almost all the time.  Her dad wanted boys, the two he had wasn't good enough, and she refused to fall in line with what he wanted.  So naturally, he made her life a living hell, which made her resent the man and her mother for not doing more before he was arrested, which her mother could have just on principle if not the few times he actually left bruises and broke Kayla's arm a couple of times.  As for why, she never did figure that out, which only made her later resentment that much worse.  Trouble was, some people were just born broken, and her dad was no exception with that old saying.

After the divorce though, and some rough spots from Kayla along the way, they settled at her mother's grandmother's home in New York.  Granny Morton was a good woman, a wise woman, and while it took time, Grandmother Morton was able to calm the wild beast in Kayla's heart, showed her another way that didn't require being angry all the time at things that couldn't be changed.  As for the senseless violence she had been subjected to, while she never did get a satisfactory answer as to why her dad was such an ass to her and not her two brothers, who had since moved on and put it behind them, she was able to deal with it for the most part thanks to her Grandmother.  Life became easier to bear, but Kayla never was able to look at her mother without feeling old hurts rising to the surface.  She loved her though, that was never in doubt, and for a long time, that was enough.  Things settled, she got better, and thanks to Morton, Kayla was able to attend school without....too many problems as they got settled in their new home of New York City, Brooklyn to be precise.  She got a bit of a well known reputation before she learned to control her anger, so she had a bit of a lonely childhood, few people were willing to get close to her for fear of being meeting her rage head on.  Eventually though that too got better, and she had more than a handful of friends once she had settled in her new life.

But when her dad got out of prison on some technicality, he made no secret he planned to seek them out.  They didn't hear news of his release until a family friend back in Kayla's hometown called, to warn them of what was coming, unaware that he was on the other end, holding the caller at knife point.  He wasn't happy, to say the least, that her mother had done what she had, getting away and having him arrested, or so he believed when it'd been his own fault for the latter.  Whatever the case, it didn't take him long to catch up, and the past caught up with them about the same time.  Kayla walked in five minutes ahead of her dad, and before she knew what was happening, he had knocked her on her ass before leaving her bound and gagged on the living room floor, saying he'd be back for her in a bit.  Thankfully the police weren't far behind, and while no one but him wound up getting hurt, and only because he resisted, the damage, as before, had been done.  All that training, all that making herself stronger, to stand on her own two feet without fear, was for nothing.  Five minutes alone with him and she'd been reduced to the terrified little girl who had hidden underneath her bed more nights than she could ever count.  That was why she was so hateful, so angry all the time, besides the fact her mother hadn't done more for her growing up.  She'd been afraid, terrified, of her dad, the 'boogeyman' of her childhood.  Monsters under the bed would have been far more preferred compared to him, and in an effort to not be scared like that again, she had become hard, unforgiving until Morton got her to see reason.

While it has been some time since that day that he was finally put away for good, Kayla still has the occasional nightmare of her childhood and the second, and last, time she'd seen him.  As for her anger issues, those are still there, buried deep, along with her fear of the man and what he represents to her, but if given the right circumstances they could make a comeback.  Still, for now, she's....at ease if not content, able to go through life without too many concerns beyond what most people her age worry about.  Of course, that was before the strange light in the sky swept her away without a warning.....

Relationships with other characters (If Applicable): None

Relationship Status:  No one special, and yes, eventually, she'd be happy to find someone

Starter Digimon:  In Training - Pokomon
Rookie -
Champion -
Ultimate -

Theme Song:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDSaYvs-LJI

Writing Sample:  It wasn't everyday that Kayla Hamilton had a reason to get upset to the point she wanted to kick someone's teeth in, but when she found a friend of hers being bullied by a bunch of pricks from her senior year in high school, she had plenty of reason to stick her nose in where it didn't belong.  "Four against one?  What's the matter, couldn't find someone your own size?"  She mocked, her arms crossed over a white, sleeveless t-shirt that showed off her musculature pretty well.  Her pierced bellybutton was just visible, revealing her bare midriff a little which had the added benefit of showing the hard, dark skinned musculature underneath at the same time.  Yet the idiots that had her friend surrounded didn't take the hint.  With a sigh she shook her head when the four morons made to surround her, laughing and cackling darkly with every step.  "Alright, your funeral."  She mused, bored already and the first punch hadn't even been thrown yet.  About thirty seconds and a few skinned knuckles later from hitting the leader in the face a few more times than might have been strictly necessary after dealing with his cronies, and Kayla was holding her hand out to her friend.

"Th-thank you, Kayla."  Her friend replied, and gladly accepted the offered hand up before she was pulled to her feet with relative ease.

"Don't mention it.  Now go on, before these morons wake up."  Kayla said, and watched the girl run off with shouted thanks over her shoulder as she went.  Kayla smiled and watched her go before she started on her way, the dirty, graffiti streaked alleyway in front of her providing an ample shortcut back to her mother's house.  As much as she sometimes couldn't stand the woman, Kayla still loved her, in her fashion.  As such, she made it a point to follow her grandmother's advice, and try to keep that link alive as time and circumstance permitted.  It would have been easier to leave things as they'd been long ago....but she preferred this, to where she used to be.  She owed Grandmother Morton a great deal for that, so helping out around the Dojo anytime she could find the time to visit, outside of keeping up with her studies, was another thing she did on a regular basis.

Kayla's grey eyes flicked up to the sky, between the space of the two buildings on either side, and stopped dead in her tracks when pieces of trash started to levitate of their own accord.  She blinked, having never seen anything like this before, and was about to start moving again, when the alleyway lit up with gray light.  "Son of a b-"  And then....everything went black.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Vergil Tanner

Okey dokey then! Vergil, you're accepted!

So, we have...

-- The aggressive, condescending asshole who looks down on other people but is fiercely protective of his loved one.

-- The shy but kind wallflower with a tough to break outer shell with a gooey, mischievous centre.

-- The cold, detached hacker who trusts nobody but himself.

-- The kind, outgoing but troubled Tough Girl who always strives to be stronger than she already is.

Looks like a decent mix, though I think we're gonna need a couple more characters who are more the friendly type, or these four are NEVER going to work together in a unified team. XD

Vergil1989

Heh, sounds like an interesting bunch, to say the least, but I think we'll manage well enough overall.  But I agree, we could use another person at the very least.  ;D

Kiric Rand

I know another player is writing up a character now for submission.

And Morgan is pretty spot on in your discription. If someone can make him see past his desire for vengance however....
[Floatright]
[/float]

Lynnie

Name: Angelia Grady
Orientation: Straight

Appearance: Angelia has a small frame, but well shaped and formed. Curves were simple but didn't make it hard to realize she was a woman. Her hair reached to her lower back and was a petal pink. She had silver eyes and a prep lips.

She usually wears a white turtle neck and a black or brown tank dress, with knee high socks and black Mary Jane shoes.

Personality: Angelia is a bookworm. Outgoing by nature, she is bubbly and friendly. She can take somethings too litterally. She never lies but can paint a picture with words leading you to believe what she wants without ever uttering a lie.

When hanging out with her friends, she speaks about her current book and talk about other books she has read. Sometimes her mind and her speech makes people feel like she would prefer living in the worlds of one of her books rather than in the real world.

Background: Angelia was born in a small town. She was always surrounded by family up until she was in elementary school. Her father became a truck driver and her mom worked in a factory. She had an older brother who didn't really care if she was around or not as he was too involved in his video games. Her uncle also lived with them but he worked as a service technician and was gone almost as much as her parents.

Abuse became part of her every day life when her father was home. She delved into books living in her fantasy world surrounded by white knights, princesses, dragons, and romance filled with happy endings. Having nothing but depression at home she found herself finding ways to ignore her home life. Spending most of her time at libraries, reading outside, or even starting a book club while she was in school.

Right before she started school for her senior year, one of her best friends gave her a music box to help her reconnect with something outside of her books. The song has become part of who she is.

Her final year of high school is when everything changed, her father left and the abuse stopped once he was gone. She was free from it all but somehow she hadn't quite figured out that she didn't need to rely on her books so much and that she could learn to trust people again.

Relationships with other characters (If Applicable): Nothing, she doesn't know who they are yet.

Relationship Status: Not as such that she will search herself, she is kind of looking for someone to recuse her like in her books

Starter Digimon: Please leave blank for now.

Theme Song: Elfen Lied - Lilium (music box)

Writing Sample: Angelia left the library just as the sun had set. Her backpack filled with new novels from nonfiction to fiction romance. The feel of the heavy books in her bag made her smile in comfort. Things have gotten easier since Dad had left and she moved away from home into her own place. Though at times she missed being around others and found herself more and more out at the library reading to small children or even hosting her book club.

As the club had just finished their last book of "Black Beauty" she was on the search for a new novel for them for next week. She smiled as she started to walk the path towards her home. Humming the tune to her beloved music box she walked. It was going to be dark before she ever returned to her house if she took the normal path, instead she turned to walk through the park taking at least a good twenty minutes off her walk.

No sooner had she started walking through the flower portion of the part a loud boom caused her to pause. Looking up from the ground she froze in place, it was far to away from the main road for a car to backfire. It was a quiet neighborhood so no gun fire. This sounded almost like an explosion. Just when she was to turn a blinding white light appeared around her. She whimpered and before she could scream she felt herself lifting from her ground. Her body being pulled this way and that, she felt pain before she blacked out.

She lay upon the ground surrounded by strange flowers as she slowly started to come too in a strange new world. Bright light from the sun kept her from seeing much at first.

I am fine with my Digimon being NPC or PC.

Vergil Tanner

Well hello there, Lynnie! I have to say, Angelia looks like she's a touch more friendly than everybody else, which is a welcome addition! :P

Just a question, since I kinda asked it by proxy of everybody else, but how much would you say that you tend to post in a game? Do you tend to try to match your partner? :-)

Lynnie

I tend to almost always match. If I get 3-4 paragraphs I try to give at least 3 paragraphs. Angelia is friendly but she will probably bore them with her book reading

Vergil1989

I know Digimon are stronger than humans and all, but that's no excuse for them to not learn how to fight properly.  ;D  I already got it in my head Kayla might get it in her head that hers at least could use the training, which would translate into its bigger, more powerful forms lol.  If anyone else wants her to throw your partner around a bit though, feel free to ask her to lend a hand.  Just offerin'.  ;D

Anyway, Lynnie, nice to meet you, and I agree with Tanner, your gal looks friendlier than most of us put together.

Lynnie

Thank you and Vergil I think we have talked before. >.>; A time ago now but yeah.

Yeah Angelia is a bit more friendly. It won't take long to break her out of her little bitty shell. Though Kayla won't like her as she has read the books on self defense she doesn't understand how to apply it >>

Vergil Tanner

Good to know! Do your best, and I'm sure we'll all get along famously...as long as you remember that I am your Lord and Master, and may ask you one day to surrender your flesh to Lord Dagon.

And huh....it's possible. I talk to a lot of people and then promptly forget about the conversation, so....maybe? XD

Well...I'm not sure how much training Justamon would need, for example, but if she wants to try and tell a Digimon Ultra Level how to fight, go right ahead. :P