(Hopefully) Epic Non-cannon Star Wars Game

Started by Urbanzorro, December 07, 2010, 01:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

IC

It has been 16 years since the execution of Order 66; The Great Jedi Purge is still taking place and Emperor Palpatine has solidified his control of the galaxy. But already whispers of resistance can be heard. The seeds of descent have been sown and the future leaders of what will one day become the Rebel Alliance are beginning to plan and prepare for what lies ahead.

To say that the events which take place in these times will drastically shape the future of the galaxy is to make a great understatement.

The only real questions are, who will have the courage to take action...and what actions will they take?

OOC

Alright...... This is my idea thread for a non-cannon Star Wars Game. Now before you read any further you should know that when I say non-cannon I don't only mean that players will play non-cannon characters. I also mean that the actions taken by the players' characters can (and most likely will) alter the events of the history of the Star Wars universe. As for how that history is changed...that is entirely up to the characters' actions. SO basically I'm proposing a Star Wars game that offers players the ability to actually have a 'real' effect on the course of events in Star Wars history. IF (A) You're George Lucas(and in a bad mood) or (B) this concept is something that upsets you/violates everything you love about Star Wars. You probably shouldn't join this game. BUT if you're like me and think this is quite intriguing, then please voice some interest. I know that right now this seems a bit helter-skelter/unprepared. But this is just an interest check in the purest sense of the word. Should a suitable amount of interest be shown(at least 5-6 people). I have quite a bit more that can be posted up ;D

Also please voice interest by posting something along the lines of "I'm interested" in this thread. AND as always any questions and/or comments are welcome!   

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Arkaniel

I am very interested in this.

Are you looking at everyone playing a role in this rising Rebellion? Or do you want some of us to be on the empire's or on some other faction's side? It doesn't change much, as I can either play a young Sith Apprentice that is suceptible to being swayed to the other side, Or I am willing to play a Jedi Knight of the Republic, still only in his thirties and having been on the run for those sixteen years since the start of Order 66. Another possibility is a young smuggler, perhaps with some untrained Force potential. The possibilities are endless and I like the fact canon can be changed.

Will there be a Death star involved?

Primarch

Le Immortelle

Very interested in this! I would love to play a badass Sith dominatrix! :D

Primarch

Quote from: Amazon on December 07, 2010, 04:33:45 AM
Very interested in this! I would love to play a badass Sith dominatrix! :D

Your kinky whips and imaginative use of the force will never break my proud Jedi-in-hidding, never I say, but I challenge you to do your best. <.<

Arkaniel

Amazon, if you so desire, my character could be your apprentice. Of course, you can creatively train him as you see fit.

Phantasmatical

I would be interested in joining, although I am not so fond of playing force-wielding characters, myself. If I can do that without becoming irrelevant to the game, I'm in.

Le Immortelle

Quote from: Primarch on December 07, 2010, 04:36:35 AM
Your kinky whips and imaginative use of the force will never break my proud Jedi-in-hidding, never I say, but I challenge you to do your best. <.<

Oh you shall fall down! Much like all the Jedis before! *Evil grin*

Quote from: Arkaniel on December 07, 2010, 04:51:15 AM
Amazon, if you so desire, my character could be your apprentice. Of course, you can creatively train him as you see fit.

I certainly like this idea! Especially if she corrupts someone towards the dark side methodically! :D

Arkaniel

Well, he could start as a naive Force potential teenager that is found by you on a mission.

DKDBSD

Interesting I'm interested if a duel wielder is welcome.

Major Major

Since everyone here apparently is wanting to play either a Sith or a Jedi, I thought I'd play something slightly different, like a smuggler.

Major Major

Oh, and to get the ball rolling, how about I put my character up for everyone to see?

Urbanzorro

Please hold off on that until I've finished a post I'm working on that should help with character creation ;)

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Major Major

Oh, ok. Can I send what I have to you though, for your approval?

elfguy

I'm all over this! Huge Star Wars fan here.
----

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Le Immortelle

Quote from: Arkaniel on December 07, 2010, 08:03:39 AM
Well, he could start as a naive Force potential teenager that is found by you on a mission.

That totally works. :)

Arkaniel

Any preference as to Homeworld? I am looking at a human, I think. Perhaps a street rascal somewhere urban, like Coruscant, Corellia, or any of the Core worlds. You could find him by him making the mistake of trying to pick your pockets, unconsciously using some of the force to subtly conceal himself. Not good enough to fool you by a long shot, of course.

Major Major

Hey, Ark? Why don't you tag along with my character? She could use an extra pair of hands.

Arkaniel

Actually, that could be interesting, too, Major Major. but he'll probably won't be around for long if the sith take him.

elfguy

Right now I'm thinking of making a Sith but I could also go with Bounty Hunter.
----

Bayushi

Major Major

Heya Akiko; if Arkaniel isn't interested in joining my character, wanna team up?

Bayushi

Quote from: Major Major on December 08, 2010, 03:02:43 AMHeya Akiko; if Arkaniel isn't interested in joining my character, wanna team up?

Sounds interesting.

;D

Major Major

I'll explain what the character I have in mind will be like in a PM.