Seeking players and a GM for an unusual D&D 3.5 game... [Update: GM found!]

Started by Kunoichi, April 24, 2015, 12:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 18, 2015, 02:18:54 PM
Too many abilities? The spell-alikes are from his ogre magi (and I think all his aspects get those as part of him being what he originally was), divine casting is his special attack and then it's 1-2 special qualities correct? Anycase edit the gaze description as intention was the people are targeted every round the effect.

Zaer do you have the miniatures handbook? You'll notice the aspects are pretty much just  straight up beatsticks. Most have no spell likes at all, the ones that do usually just have a single spell.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on May 18, 2015, 02:43:23 PM
Zaer do you have the miniatures handbook? You'll notice the aspects are pretty much just  straight up beatsticks. Most have no spell likes at all, the ones that do usually just have a single spell.

That's true. Hmmm, so perhaps I make two different aspect types; one is the prophet/messenger (abyssal prophet + cloak of mystery), another is dark mystic (divine spellcasting + enhanced attributes).

Kunoichi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 18, 2015, 02:18:54 PM
Too many abilities? The spell-alikes are from his ogre magi (and I think all his aspects get those as part of him being what he originally was), divine casting is his special attack and then it's 1-2 special qualities correct? Anycase edit the gaze description as intention was the people are targeted every round the effect.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. ^^; Vholdran's aspect wouldn't get those ogre magi abilities for free unless they were specifically tied in with a subtype that he had.  And aspects only get two unique special abilities total, though you get to choose whether they're special attacks or special qualities.

Spellcasting is also a little too broad an ability for an aspect to have, although something like the spell-like abilities that Pale's aspect had would work for that.  You could pick one cleric spell of third level or lower to have at-will and one cleric spell of fifth level or lower to have 3/day, and that would be one of your two special abilities.  You could make the 3/day ability Commune if you wanted to keep the divination focus, or maybe make it Greater Magic Weapon and make the at-will some other buff spell if you wanted the aspect to focus on Vholdran's raw physical power.

I'd recommend taking the free fast healing and not spending a special ability slot on regeneration, though.  Something like a weaker version of that ability based on the Sharn's Hex Windows would be pretty cool...

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 18, 2015, 02:48:26 PM
That's true. Hmmm, so perhaps I make two different aspect types; one is the prophet/messenger (abyssal prophet + cloak of mystery), another is dark mystic (divine spellcasting + enhanced attributes).

See above, but you certainly are allowed to have more than one type of aspect that you can create.

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on May 18, 2015, 02:43:23 PM

To borrow a term from Eclipse Phase, Fiendish Aspects are basically a lot like delta forks of our characters. :P

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 18, 2015, 02:55:01 PM
To borrow a term from Eclipse Phase, Fiendish Aspects are basically a lot like delta forks of our characters. :P

Eclipse phase, fun times.

So guys I still have those 3 cohorts. Act fast because im running a limited time buy 5 penises in each eye socket get a extra mouth on one of your hands that spits napalm free

Lockepick

For our Cohorts -- are we doing a similar style of building like we did four our main character where we calculate CR and HD? Or are we building them by normal rules?

I didn't plan to stat out all my followers, I admit. I'm doing a write up that will give an idea what most of them are in regards to spread/classes.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Zaer Darkwail

Aha, so how sounds one is prophet (abyssal prophet + mystery cloak) and other is his magical mystic side (1 sharn's window ability and have one at-will and one 5th level spell-alike 3/day). The regeneration is there because normally my char has no fast healing (it would make sense instead any fast healing freebies he just got regeneration but all aspects have the weakness to magical fire as result).

PaleEnchantress: Assuming we build our cohorts like we did (meaning they are -2 less both in HD and CR to us so our cohorts are 14 HD and 14 CR), Lilithu is good one (flat CR 14 standard one but it has got lots stuff and fits as a herald), another would be your protector/bodyguard (a demonic spirit possessed warforge, sort helltech knight which is unholy scion warforge with class levels) and last one would be Sibriex (Chutlhu horror flesh-crafter guy, albeit CR 15 but could nerf it with harmful template or factor or get GM leniency to have it around as cohort).

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 18, 2015, 03:18:00 PM
Aha, so how sounds one is prophet (abyssal prophet + mystery cloak) and other is his magical mystic side (1 sharn's window ability and have one at-will and one 5th level spell-alike 3/day). The regeneration is there because normally my char has no fast healing (it would make sense instead any fast healing freebies he just got regeneration but all aspects have the weakness to magical fire as result).

PaleEnchantress: Assuming we build our cohorts like we did (meaning they are -2 less both in HD and CR to us so our cohorts are 14 HD and 14 CR), Lilithu is good one (flat CR 14 standard one but it has got lots stuff and fits as a herald), another would be your protector/bodyguard (a demonic spirit possessed warforge, sort helltech knight which is unholy scion warforge with class levels) and last one would be Sibriex (Chutlhu horror flesh-crafter guy, albeit CR 15 but could nerf it with harmful template or factor or get GM leniency to have it around as cohort).

I have Improved Cohort, they are my level -1 not -2. Have to see what the rules for making them are though

Zaer Darkwail

Wait, if change shape is also a quality so I got these ideas then for aspects; messenger (change shape/cloak of mystery, sort social infiltrator), prophet (abyssal prophet + divination based spell-alikes, sort magical investigator), mystic (more offensive spell-alikes + 1 window ability, more combat focused) and then scholar (lore + prodigy, researcher).

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on May 18, 2015, 03:23:07 PM
I have Improved Cohort, they are my level -1 not -2. Have to see what the rules for making them are though

Ah, that case then you can get sibriex CR 15 (pg52 hordes of abyss, fiendish codex), Lilitu CR 12 (pg43 hordes of abyss, fiendish codex) and then unholy scion warforge with 12 melee combatant levels.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 18, 2015, 03:18:00 PM

The fast healing that aspects get is related to their nature as aspects, rather than a reflection of their demon lord's powers, so fast healing 5 would still make more logical sense than regeneration. ^^; That said, you can still take that fire weakness for your aspects and get a bonus feat from it, if you wish.

When it comes to cohorts, I think that they should be built like regular characters, but that we could probably allow up to +2 free LA to show how these individuals were exceptional enough to come to the attention of powerful unique demons like our main characters.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 18, 2015, 03:28:28 PM
When it comes to cohorts, I think that they should be built like regular characters, but that we could probably allow up to +2 free LA to show how these individuals were exceptional enough to come to the attention of powerful unique demons like our main characters.

Works for me, helps make up for the shitty stats too.

Quote from: lockepick on May 18, 2015, 03:13:07 PM
I didn't plan to stat out all my followers, I admit. I'm doing a write up that will give an idea what most of them are in regards to spread/classes.

Might Make Jerion an Artificier. Possibly a Factotum. The FoP build is rather fitting here though. . .

I tend to make mine as they are desired. I'll have a simple concept like "The one who carries my stuff"  or "the undead chick i locked in the closet and forgot"

TheGlyphstone

Second Draft, now with Items, all 2 of them. My Runestaff of Cosmic Magic is a doozy, and I managed to crank it out to an even 100,000K. The Runestaff creation page says 'should' have 2-5 arcane spells, and 'should' have the lowest spell be 3rd level, but this is my Signature Item, so nuts to that.

Character Sheet, Draft Two

[Aerophobos, The Doom In The Darkness[/b]
4HD Shadow Creature Sylph Monster of Legend Nightmare Spinner 3/Shadowcraft Mage 5/Shadowcrafter 3/Shadow Adept 1
Size/Type: Small Outsider (Chaotic, Evil, Ta'nar'ri)
Hit Dice: 16d8+128 (200 hp)
Initiative: +12
Speed: 55 ft. (9 squares), Fly 120 ft.
Armor Class:    36 (+8 Dex, +1 size, +17 natural), touch 19, flat-footed 28
Base Attack/Grapple:    +16/+18
Attack: Runestaff of Cosmic Magic +24 melee (1d6+10/x2)
Full Attack: Runestaff of Cosmic Magic +24/+19/+14/+9 melee (1d6+10/x2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Embodiment of Terror, Frightful Presence, Inspire Fear, Nightmare Phantasm, Spells, Spell-Like Abilities, Spirit Chill, Summon Elemental, Wild Empathy
Special Qualities: Anathema to the Light, Bonus Spells, Cloak of Shadows, DR 20/Cold Iron, Epic, and Good, Enhanced Shadow Magic, Extended Illusion, Evasion, Fast Healing 2, Flesh of Living Shadow, Immunities, Innate Magic, Reflective Skin,  Resist Acid 10, Resist Fire 10, Resist Cold 15, See In Darkness, Shadow Blend, Shadow Illusion, Shadow Feats, Shadow Mien, Spell Resistance 29, Telepathy 300ft., Tenacious Illusions, Unnatural Aura
Saves: Fort +23, Ref +23, Will +21
Abilities: Str 22 (+6), Dex 26 (+8), Con 27 (+8), Int 20 (+5), Wis 22 (+6), Cha 35, (+12)
Skills: Bluff +31, Concentration +27, Disguise +33, Hide +29, Intimidate +33, Knowledge: Arcana +24, Knowledge: The Planes +24, Listen +27, Move Silently +27, Sense Motive +27, Spellcraft +24, Spot +27, Use Magic Device +31
Feats: Spell Focus (Illusion), Fel Frighten Spell, Practical Metamagic (Fel Frighten Spell), Rapid Metamagic, Arcane Thesis (Silent Image), Heighten Spell, Residual Metamagic, Shadow Weave Magic, Improved Initiative(B), Multiattack(B), Greater Spell Focus (Illusion) (B), Dark Speech (B), Tenacious Magic (B), Insidious Magic (B), Pernicious Magic (B)
Environment: A chaotic evil-aligned plane
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 16
Alignment: Chaotic Evil   
Treasure:    
Runestaff of Cosmic Magic @ 100,000GP

This jet-black darkwood staff is lined with dozens of magical runes, from large to indescribably tiny, and carries within it a staggering amount of malleable magical energy. It provides Aerophobos with a continuous +6 enhancement bonus to Charisma, and can be wielded as a +1 Quarterstaff of Warning. In addition, it functions as a runestaff with the following attuned spells, each of which can be cast out of one of Aerophobos's own spell slots as per a normal runestaff 3/day unless otherwise indicated. Each listed spell indicates its printed source, and if found on a non-Sorcerer arcane spell list, the list in question. Aerophobos can automatically succeed on the required Use Magic Device checks to emulate those classes to activate his staff.
9th Time Stop 1/day (PHB) = 16,200   
8th Mind Blank 1/day (PHB) = 6400
7th Death By Thorns (Corrupt, BoVD) = 9800
6th Anticipate Teleportation 1/day (Spell Compendium) = 3600
4th - Restoration (Knight of the Weave, Champions of Valor ) = 3200
4th - Greater Bestow Curse (Demonologist, Book of Vile Darkness) = 3200
4th - Cure Critical Wounds (Bard, PHB) = 3200
3rd - Death Ward (Dread Necromancer, Heroes of Horror) = 1800
3rd - Greater Dispel Magic (Trapsmith, Dungeonscape) = 1800
3rd - Touch of Juiblex (Corrupt, BoVD) = 1800
3rd - Cure Serious Wounds (Bard, PHB) = 1800
2nd - Arcane Eye (Trapsmith, Dungeonscape)= 800
2nd - Resilient Sphere (Trapsmith, Dungeonscape) = 800
2nd- Resist Energy (PHB) = 800
1st - Lesser Restoration (Knight of the Weave, Champions of Valor) = 200
1st - Haste (Trapsmith, Dungeonscape) = 200
1st- Seething Eyebane (Corrupt, BoVD) = 200
1st - Cure Light Wounds (Bard, PHB) = 200

Choker of Bloody Terror=28,500

Combines a Blood Claw Choker (Magic Item Compendium) and an Amulet of Fearsome Might = 11,000

Amulet of Fearsome Might (Dragon Magazine, Issue 332, Page 70). Doubles the radius of the wearer’s innate frightful presence, and increases the DC to save against it by +2. In addition, any spells (or spell-like abilities) with the [Fear] descriptor cast by the wearer have their DC increased by +2. It doesn’t stack (explicitly) with the feats Spell Focus or Greater Spell Focus. This item has a CL of 7, costs 11,100 g.p, weighs 1 lb. and takes up the throat slot.

Description here

Combat
Combat tactics and abilities here.

Special Attacks

Embodiment of Terror (Unique) (Ex): Aerophobos does not simply live fear, or project fear - he is fear, and forcing others to experience that fear is one of his most potent defenses. Any spells or abilities he possesses with the [Fear] descriptor or otherwise called out as being fear effects have their save DCs increased by 2 (stacking with Spell Focus), and such effects are potent enough to affect even targets otherwise immune to fear, though they still receive any saving throw to resist the effect. Only a target whose Hit Dice exceeds his Caster Level by 4 or more is immune to Embodiment of Terror.

Frightful Presence: When Aerophobos makes a threatening, echoing whisper, it inspires terror in all creatures within 20 feet that have fewer Hit Dice or levels than it has. Each potentially affected opponent must succeed at a DC36 Will save or become shaken—a condition that lasts until the opponent is out of range. A successful save leaves that opponent immune to that monster of legend’s frightful presence for 24 hours.

Inspire Fear (Su): 15 times per day, Aerophobos can create a mind-affecting fear effect that makes a living creature within 30ft. ill at ease. The target becomes shaken for 3 rounds, or 2 rounds if they succeed on a DC31 Will Save. Multiple uses of this ability on the same creature don't stack.

Nightmare Phantasm (Su): Up to 15 times per day when Aerophonos casts a figment or glamer spell, he can choose to weave a thread of nightmare phantasm into it as a free action. The spell gains the phantasm descriptor. Each time any enemy attempts a Will save to disbelieve the affected illusion spell, a tiny portion of the spell transforms into a phantasm effect that targets that enemy. The enemy becomes shaken for 1 round (no save). This ability has no other effect on the original spell's duration or effectiveness. No creature can be affected by this nightmare phantasm ability more than once in a 24-hour period. This is a mind-affecting fear effect.

Spells: Aerophobos casts spells as a 19th level sorcerer.

Spell-Like Abilities (CL16th):
At-Will - astral projection, blasphemy, blacklight, desecrate, detect good, detect law, fear, greater dispel magic, greater invisibility (self only), greater teleport, plane shift, polymorph (self only), telekinesis, unhallow, unholy aura, unholy blight
3/day - armor of darkness, spiritwall, symbol of fear
1/day - permanent image, simulacrum

Spirit Chill (Su): Creatures affected by one of Aerophobos's fear effects take nonlethal damage as well, depending on the potency of the fear created. Any creature that is shaken takes ld6 points of nonlethal damage. A creature that becomes frightened takes 2d6 points of nonlethal damage, while a creature that becomes panicked takes 3d6 points of nonlethal damage.

Summon Elemental (Sp): Once per day, Aerophobos can summon an advanced (32HD) elder air, earth, fire, or water elemental with the Demonically Fused Elemental template applied to it. This is the equivalent of a 9th level spell.

Wild Empathy: Aerophobos can attempt to improve the attitude of an animal, as if making a diplomacy check. This requires the same amount of time as needed to use Diplomacy on a humanoid, but Aerophobos rolls 1d20+26 to determine the check result, including the penalty from his Unnatural Aura. He may attempt to use this ability on a Magical Beast with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2 at a -2 penalty.

Special Qualities

Anathema to the Light )Unique) (Ex): Just as Aerophobos is burned by the touch of light, his magic is similarly infused with shadow and suffers when exposed to light. All of his spells and spell-like abilities are considered to have the [Darkness] descriptor for the purpose of being countered or dispelled by a [Light] spell of equal or higher level. This is an exception to the usual rule that spell-like abilities cannot be countered as they are cast.

When exposed directly to natural sunlight or cast in natural sunlight, not merely a Daylight spell, all of Aerophobos's spells suffer a -4 penalty to their caster level, and all opponents receive a +4 circumstance bonus on saving throws versus those spells.

Bonus Spells (Ex): Aerophobos gains one extra spell slot of each level, that can only be used to cast an Illusion spell.

Cloak of Shadow (Su): As a free action, Aerophobos can wrap his body in shifting shadows, granting him a 40% miss chance against all attacks directed at him until he dismisses the effect. Any creature capable of seeing through magical darkness can ignore this miss chance, as can any creature under the effects of True Seeing. While this effect is active, Aerophobos can make Hide checks as if he had concealment. Cloak of shadow doesn’t function in daylight, and it is the equivalent of a 3rd-level [darkness] effect for the purpose of interacting with light spells.

Enhanced Shadow Magic (Su): The strength of the effects created byAerophobos's shadow conjuration, shadow evocation, greater shadow conjuration, greater shadow evocation, and shades spells increases by 30%. That is, these spells are an additional 30% likely to affect disbelieving creatures and deal 30% more damage.This bonus also applies to figment spells transformed into shadow spells via the shadow illusion power (see above).This ability combines the effects of Enhanced Shadow Conjuration, Enhanced Shadow Evocation, and Powerful Shadow Magic into one ability for ease of reading, and is already included in Shadow Illusion below.

Evasion (Ex): Whenever Aerophobos makes a successful Reflex save against an attack that deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage. This ability can only be used when he is wearing light or no armor, and when he is not helpless.

Extended Illusion (Ex): The duration of any illusion spell or spell-like ability Aerophobos uses is doubled, as if affected by Extend Spell. This does not change the casting time or spell level, and stacks with the actual Extend Spell feat if it is applied.

Flesh of Living Shadow (Ex): Aerophobos has taken the essence of shadow and darkness into his bodily form, partially transmuting him into a being of living shadow. He retains his corporeal form, but is extremely sensitive to certain forms of light. Any weapon with the Brilliant Energy quality automatically bypasses his Damage Reduction, in addition to its normal effects. Additionally, any weapon capable of giving off light as a torch (approximately 30% of magic weapons, by default) functions as a Bane weapon versus Aerophobos, gaining an additional +2 enhancement and +2d6 bonus damage. This does not stack with the Bane (Outsiders) enhancement, but does apply to Brilliant Energy weapons in addition to the effects above.

Immunities (Ex): Aerophobos is immune to electricity damage, fear effects, and poison.

Innate Magic (Unique) (Ex): Aerophobos's sorcerous abilities have become a part of his very being, to a truly fundamental level. He casts his sorcerer spells as if they were spell-like abilities, requiring no verbal, somatic, or other components. Extremely powerful spells may have certain limitations on what components can be ignored.

Reflective Skin (Su): Aerophobos is permanently protected by a constant Spell Turning effect.

See In Darkness (Su): Aerophobos can see perfectly in any kind of normal or magical darkness.

Shadow Blend (Su): In any conditions other than full daylight, a shadow creature can disappear into the shadows, giving it total concealment. Artificial illumination, even a light or continual fl ame spell, does not negate this ability, but a daylight spell will.

Shadow Illusion (Su): Aerophobos is able to infuse some of his figments (see the list
below) with material from the Plane of Shadow, making them partially real. The subschool of these spells changes from figment to shadow. Aerophobos can use the altered spell to mimic any sorcerer or wizard conjuration (summoning), conjuration (creation), or evocation spell at least one level lower than the illusion spell. The altered spell functions identically to the shadow conjuration or shadow evocation spell, except that the spell’s strength equals 10% per level of the figment spell used, plus an additional 30%. For example, if Aerophobos uses silent image to create an acid splash, it would deal 40% of the normal damage to a creature that succeeds on its Will save to disbelieve the shadow. If she used programmed image to mimic summon monster V, the creature would have 80% of the hit points of a normal creature of its kind, and its damage would be 80% normal against a creature that succeeds on its Will save to disbelieve. A shadowcraft mage can apply shadow illusion to any of the following figment spells: silent image, minor image, major image, persistent image, and programmed image.

Shadow Feats: Aerophobos receives the Insidious Magic, Pernicious Magic, and Tenacious Magic feats as bonus feats. Collectively, these increase the DC to dispel any spell he casts to 15+caster level, gives him a +4 bonus to defeat spell resistance, and forces enemies attempting to detect the auras or effects of his spells via a divination spell, spell-like ability, or magic item to succeed on a caster level check with a DC of 11+his caster level (see Tenacious Illusions, below). This check may be made only once for each divination spell or ability used, regardless of the number of spell effects are operating in the area. These effects do not apply to spells of the Evocation or Transmutation schools, or against other creatures with the Shadow Weave  Magic feat.

Shadow Mein (Su): Aerophobos gains a +2 bonus to Disguise and Hide checks (included above).

Tenacious Illusions: The deep-rooted connections Aerophobos has with darkness and the magic of shadows infuses all of his illusions, infusing them with a sort of semi-reality that resists hostile divination effects. This modifies the effects of his Tenacious Magic feat, increasing the DC to 13+his caster level when the spell or ability in question is an illusion, and even effects that would automatically bypass illusions (such as See Invisibility or True Seeing) must check to overcome the effect. If they fail, they are subject to the spell as normal, including any regular saves to disbelieve or resist. This ability can affect other creatures with the Shadow Weave Magic feat.

Unnatural Aura: Aerophobos possesses an aura of unnatural power that disturbs and unnerves natural creatures. This gives him a -2 penalty on skill checks or Wild Empathy checks against creatures of the animal and vermin type, but also gives him a +2 bonus to Intimidate checks and increases the save DCs of any fear effects he creates by 2. These bonuses and penalties have been included in abilities listed above.

Re Z L

Nyag'thon, the Gnawing Whisper
Nyag'thon, the Gnawing Whisper

Various Appearances (NSFW)

Size/Type:    Small Outsider (Chaotic, Evil, Extraplanar, Obyrith, Shapeshifter)
Hit Dice:    16d8+192 (320 hp)
Initiative:    +11
Speed:    30 ft. (6 squares), climb 30 ft. (+20 ft. while psionically focused)
Armor Class: 31 (+7 Dex, +8 Natural, +1 Size, +4 Enhancement to Natural, +1 Deflection), touch , flat-footed
Base Attack/Grapple:    +16/+32
Attack:    Tentacle +35 melee (1d6+18) or Bite +34 melee (1d8+10) poison
Full Attack:    4 Tentacles +35 melee (1d6+18), Tentacle +30 melee (1d6+18), Tentacle +25 melee (1d6+18), Tentacle +20 melee (1d6+18), Tentacle +15 melee (1d6+18), Bite +34 melee (1d8+10) poison
Space/Reach:    5 ft./15 ft.
Special Attacks:    
    Constrict (Ex):  Nyag'thon deals 2d4+2 points of damage with a successful grapple check.  Receiving damage from this attack also subjects it's victim to poison.

Improved Grab (Ex):  To use this ability Nyag'thon must first hit with two tentacle attacks.  It can then immediately attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking attacks of opportunity.  If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and may immediately constrict.  Nyag'thon receives a +4 racial bonus on grapple checks.

Poison (Ex):  Injury from Constrict, Fortitude Save (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Con), 1d3 Dex/1d3 Dex; Injury from Bite, Fortitude Save (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Con), 1d6 Str/1d6 Str.

Take Spells (Su):  If Nyag'thon replaces a spellcaster (see below) it retains any arcane spells prepared by the dead character and may cast them as if it had prepared the spells itself.  It must meet the minimum ability score needed to cast the spell based on the type of caster replaced, or else the spell is unavailable to it.  If it replaces a spontaneous caster, it retains the available spell slots of the dead spell caster, and can use any spells the dead host knew.  These spells cannot be regained after they have been used.

Wear Flesh (Su):  Nyag'thon may bore its way into a helpless or willing living creature's body, slipping its slimy tentacles into the spaces between organs and muscles and disappearing into the victim.  The victim must be the same size or larger than it.  The entire process requires 1 minute of work as it slithers its way in through any available orifice.  It may choose to either inhabit or replace the victim (see below).  Incorporeal creatures, constructs, elementals, oozes, plants, and undead are immune to this ability.  Nyag'thon may abandon a body it has inhabited or replaced with a full-round action that deals 3d6 points of damage to the host.  It may also be forced to vacate the body by a remove disease or dispel evil/chaos spell (the caster must succeed on a check to overcome Nyag'thon's spell resistance) or a heal or limited wish spell (which expels Nyag'thon without dealing damage to the hose).
    Inhabit:  Nyag'thon leaves it s victim alive and aware.  It is tied directly into the victim's mind and may inflict any array of sensations that it desires, a Will Save (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Cha) nullifies the majority of the effect.  This means it may inflict a wide variety of status conditions upon the host at will (Fear effects are most common).  Nyag'thon may take only limited physical actions while inhabiting a host, such as the use of its Morphic special qualities which it may use to give its host a variety of natural weapons, it is unrestricted in the mental actions it may take.  When the host takes damage, Nyag'thon takes half of the damage before applying any of it's damage reduction or resistances.  This does not reduce the amount of damage the host takes.
    Replace:  Nyag'thon bores out the victim's mind, killing the victim.  It then animates the body, effectively acting as the nervous system of the dead host.  The body remains alive, hosting Nyag'thon.  This functions like a polymorph spell into the victim's exact form, except that Nyag'thon may remain in the victim's form for up to a year, and it leaves the victim's corpse behind when it chooses to leave.  Nyag'thon uses the victim's physical ability scores in place of its own, as described by polymorph.

Form of Madness (Sp):  A creature within 60 feet that observes Nyag'thon must attempt a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Cha).  Failure indicates the creature's mind is warped and twisted, and he comes to see his own imperfections magnified.  The victim takes 1d6 points of Charisma drain as his sense of self-worth and personality are diminished.  Additionally it sees that fusing with another creature (likely Nyag'thon) will remove it's imperfections and replace it with a more perfect form--the victim takes a -4 penalty to resist any mental influence (spells or skill checks) designed to convince the victim to fuse with a greater being in some way.  A creature that makes the save is immune to this effect for 24 hours.  This is a mind-affecting ability.  Chaotic evil outsiders are immune to its form of madness ability.  The insanity caused is permanent in most cases, but can be removed by greater restoration, heal, limited wish, miracle, or wish.

Power Points/Day:  32; Psychic Warrior Powers Known (ML 7th):
    1st--dimension hop, inertial armor, chameleon
    2nd--damp power, hustle, strength of my enemy
    3rd--claws of the vampire

Spell-Like Abilities Caster level 16th, save DCs are Charisma-based.
At-will - astral projection, word of chaos, desecrate, detect good, detect law, greater dispel magic, greater teleport, plane shift, polymorph (self only), telekinesis, unhallow, cloak of chaos, chaos hammer, girallon's blessing, greater magic fang
3/day - symbol of insanity (DC X), evard's black tentacles, greater enlarge person
1/day - enveloping cocoon, soul link

Special Qualities:    
    Morphogenic Qualities (Ex):  The abilities, special attacks, and special qualities reflect Nyag'thon's typical form, a dark mass of liquid shadow.  This is not it's true shape, see stasis of truth below.

Damage Reduction:  20/cold iron, epic, and good)
    Resistance:  cold 10, electricity 10, acid 10, fire 10
    Spell resistance 29
    Immunity:  Immune to Poison, Stunning, Critical Hits, Fear, and Mind-Affecting spells and abilities
    Fast Healing 7
    Darkvision 60 ft.
    Telepathy 100 ft.

Enhanced Attributes (Ex):  Nyag'thon's skills are extremely potent, increasing the save DC of all special attacks, spells, and spell-like abilities by 4.
    Regrow Limbs (Ex):  If Nyag'thon loses a limb, head, or body part, a new one grows in 1 round.  Nyag'thon cannot be slain by a vorpal weapon's head-severing ability.

True Seeing (Su):  Nyag'thon is under the constant effect of a true seeing spell.  This effect cannot be dispelled.

Share Spells (Su):  Any spell, psionic power, or spell-like ability that Nyag'thon uses may also affect its host at its discretion, even if the spell normally only has the range of personal.  Likewise any spell that the host casts also affects Nyag'thon, regardless of the desire of the host, even if the range is personal.  Spells cast outside of the host or Nyag'thon can only affect one or the other unless it is an area of effect spell.
    Share Attacks (Ex):  Nyag'thon may manifest any of its natural attacks on any part of its host's body, as well as use its Morphic Weapons ability to grant or alter any natural weapons the host has.

Mantle of Freedom (Ex):  Nyag'thon may learn powers from the Freedom Mantle.  Additionally, while psionically focused, Nyag'thon gains a +10-foot bonus to your speed and may expend its psionic focus to add its manifester level to a roll made to resist being grappled or to escape from a grapple.

Morphic Immunities (Ex):  Nyag'thon is adept at distributing its form's vital organs around its body to keep them safe from harm, granting it immunity to stunning and critical hits.
    Morphic Weapons (Su):  As a move action, Nyag'thon can grow natural weapons such as claws or fangs, allowing a natural attack that deals the appropriate amount of damage according to the size of the new form.  These morphic weapons need not be natural weapons that the creature already possesses.  If Nyag'thon's form already has a natural weapon of that type, the weapon deals damage as if it were one category larger.
    Morphic Body (Su):  Due to its precise control over its form it gains +4 Strength and +4 Constitution.
    Morphic Reach (Su):  Nyag'thon may suddenly stretch its limbs, neck, or any other appendages outward, giving it 5 more feet of reach than the creature it's emulating.  Unlike most creatures, it doesn't appear to have a longer reach until it actually uses it.
    Morphic Healing (Su):  Nyag'thon is able to change its form where wounds appear, creating smooth skin where once there were wounds.  It gains an additional fast healing 2, and if it spends a full-round action and succeeds on a Concentration check (DC equal to the total damage it has sustained), it heals 10 points of damage.
    Flashmorph (Su):  Nyag'thon may change shape using its polymorph spell-like ability as a move action instead of a standard action.

Speed of Thought (Su):  While psionically focused, Nyag'thon gains an insight bonus to its speed of 10 feet.
    Overchannel (Su):  While manifest a power, Nyag'thon may increase its effective manifester level by up to 3 by taking a variable amount of damage (+1 ML is 1d8 damage, +2 ML is 3d8 damage, and +3 ML is 5d8 damage).  Nyag'thon may reduce this damage to 0 by expending its psionic focus when using this ability.
    Mind over Body (Ex):  Nyag'thon heals ability damage and ability burn damage more quickly than normal, it heals 1 + Constitution Bonus points of damage per day.

Swarm Form (Su):  Nyag'thon can take the form of a swarm of spiders or fuse back to its normal form at will as a standard action.  Changing shape infuses Nyag'thon with a surge of vigor healing by 16 points of damage.

Swarm Stats

Speed:    20 ft. (6 squares), climb 20 ft.

Space/Reach:    10 ft./0 ft.

Special Attacks:    
    Distraction (Ex):  Any living creature beginning their turn in a square occupied by the swarm is nauseated for 1 round; a Fortitude save negates the effect (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Con).  Even with a successful save, spellcasting or concentrating on spells within the area of the swarm requires a Concentration check (DC 20 + Spell level).  Using skills requiring patience and concentration require a DC 20 Concentration check.
    Swarm Attack (Ex):  Any creature in a square occupied by the swarm at the end of the swarm's turn automatically takes 4d6 damage.

Special Qualities:    
    Hive Mind (Ex):  Nyag'thon is immune to any spell or effect that targets a specific number of creatures while in swarm form.
    Immune to Weapon Damage (Ex):  Weapon attacks are useless against a swarm of Diminutive creatures.
    Tremorsense (Ex):  The swarm can pinpoint the location of anything in contact with the ground within 60 feet.

Skills:  The swarm gains a +10 bonus to disguise attempts to appear as a normal swarm of spiders.

Special Weaknesses:

Stasis of Truth

Being unable to change is Nyag'thon's only true fear.  It's
true shape
is still a lie, but it is the original form to which it was bound when it formed from the endless chaos of the abyss.  It is a vaguely humanoid creature with rippling flesh that changes color and shape frequently but without any conscious control from Nyag'thon.  While within this shape it loses all extraordinary, supernatural, and spell-like abilities except for regrow limbs and it's immunities to poison, fear, and mind-affecting spells and abilities.  Furthermore it's physical stats are reduced to 10.  There are three ways to inflict this state upon Nyag'thon:  Imprisonment, Stasis Clone, or binding it within a geometrically perfect net of spider silk (Craft DC 30, materials cost 1000g).
    Imprisonment forces Nyag'thon into this true shape instead of the normal effects of the spell, though it is restricted to a 10 foot cube space, this effect bypasses its spell resistance and it is not allowed to make a saving throw to resist its effect.  Nyag'thon remains imprisoned thus until either a freedom or wish spell is cast to free it, or until it has agreed to perform a task for the caster as described below.
    Stasis Clone rips it's current shape away from it and shunts it into the prepared clone, leaving Nyag'thon in its true shape, however it is not imprisoned or restricted in any way and may escape if the caster does not trap it in some way.  The clone is inert and will quickly decay away over the course of 4 hours, after which Nyag'thon immediately reverts to the shape it had last used.  Its form is also returned to it if it agrees to perform a task for the caster as described below.
    A net of spider silk of sufficient size and perfectly shaped geometry (any geometric shape is valid) may be used to capture and bind Nyag'thon.  When the net is pulled tight its form is sucked into the spider silk, turning it a black, tar-like color as it is forced into its true shape.  Nyag'thon may attempt to escape the net, with its reduced physical stats, but remains in its true shape until it is freed by some other creature or until it agrees to perform a task for its captor as described below.
    To regain its shape it may enter into a contract with whoever forced it into its true shape.  This task must have an attainable goal, the captor cannot force it into agreeing to tasks that would last forever (such as "never harm another living creature" or "guard this temple from all intruders"), nor may the task be self-destructive for Nyag'thon.  After both parties agree to the terms of the bargain Nyag'thon's form is immediately returned to it, and it must begin fulfilling the task to the best of its ability.  In addition the creature that forced it into the bargain is temporarily immune to all of Nyag'thon's abilities until the task is complete.  Nyag'thon must make progress on the task every day or else it risks being forced back into it's true shape for 12 hours, during which time it is extremely vulnerable though cannot be forced into any other tasks by creatures that discover it.  This forced change requires a Fortitude save (DC 25 + the number of days Nyag'thon has not made progress on the task).

Forcing Nyag'thon to revert to his true shape while inhabiting a host expels him from the host without dealing damage.

Inchoate Nature

Born of the chaos of the Abyss has made Nyag'thon extremely reliant on the chaotic energies within its form.  It is thus extremely vulnerable to any spells with the Law descriptor.  All such spells affect it as if they were cast with the Maximize metamagic feat.  If such a spell is already benefiting from the Maximize metamagic feat then it instead gains an extra 50% of its previous base values.  Furthermore such spells bypass Nyag'thon's spell resistance, and any applicable resistances or immunities it has.

Saves:    Fort +28, Ref +23, Will +21
Abilities:    Str 42 (+16), Dex 24 (+7), Con 34 (+12), Int 14 (+2), Wis 20 (+5), Cha 24 (+7)
Skills:    Autohypnosis 10 (+15), Balance 10 (+17), Bluff 19 (+26), Climb 5 (+20), Concentration 19 (+31), Diplomacy 15 (+22), Disguise 10 (+17), Hide 15 (+36), Intimidate 15 (+22), Knowledge (The Planes) 5 (+7), Listen 15 (+20), Move Silently 10 (+21), Psicraft 5 (+7), Sense Motive 12 (+17), Spellcraft 5 (+7), Spot 10 (+15), Tumble 5 (+12), Use Magic Device 5 (+16)
Feats:    Improved Initiative (B), Multiattack (B), Improved Natural Attack (Tentacles) (B), Weapon Focus (Tentacles) (B), Weapon Finesse (B),  (1), Dark Speech (3), Speed of Thought (PW B@5), Overchannel (5), Darkstalker (7), Talented (PW B@9), Mind Over Body (9), Improved Multiattack (11), Rapidstrike (Tentacles) (13), Improved Rapidstrike (Tentacles) (15)
Environment:    A chaotic evil-aligned plane
Organization:    Solitary
Challenge Rating:    16
Alignment:    Chaotic Evil
Treasure:    

Sussurating Sphere of the Shapeless (91600g)

A ruby sphere, roughly the size of a human heart, thrums with a soft hiss like a faint whisper that sends chills down the spine.  This slotless item must be swallowed to function, whereupon it remains within the creature that used it until it is removed.  It occupies the throat magical item slot.

The sphere has the following traits:

First it allows the bearer to wear slotted magical items even if their form would normally not permit it.  The magical item either seems to fuse to the new form of the shapeshifter, or takes position on some analogous part of the creature's body.  These items may still be removed or cut loose from the creature's body, providing no protection against such attempts to disarm him, it simply permits their use even in forms that could not normally use them.  (Wilding Clasp-like ability, 4000g x5 seems fair:  20000g)

Secondly it provides an enhancing vigor to the bearer's body, increasing their ability to damage foes with their natural attacks (Amulet of Mighty Fists +2, 24000g), and making their body more resilient against attacks (Amulet of Natural Armor +4, 32000g).

Finally it constantly whispers in the mind of its owner, typically these soft sounds are unintelligible, but when focused on they whisper the thoughts of others nearby allowing the bearer to detect thoughts at will (Medallion of thoughts, 12000g), he may also focus these whispers into his own voice when he speaks to others, affecting them as the suggestion spell 2 times per day (Mirror of Suggestion, 3600g)

Psychoactive skin of the Chameleon  (15000g)
Boots of Speed (12000g)
Cloak of Resistance +3 (9000g)
Ring of Protection +1 (2000g)

One diamond worth 400g

Combat

Skills
May always take 10 on climb checks

A brief history of madness

Time before thought, before the first few creatures spilled forth onto the Prime Material, while the Illithidae were growing on their homeworld, and while the universe was still in its infancy the Obyrith ruled the endless Abyss.  Born from the mad chaos of the plane itself, they were true planar beings, made of pieces of their universe given thought and shape, and able to live in even the most inhospitable of parts of the Infinite Abyss.  No one knows where Nyag'thon originally spawned, and likely neither does it for that was far too long ago.  It was a creature of madness, just as any other Obyrith was, though even it was far more adaptable and cunning than its average counterpart.  This fact became extremely clear when the war with the Tanar'ri came.  It knew survival in a different way than others knew it, instead of fighting against its enemies it could become them.  So rather than fight the war that it knew they were bound to lose it slipped from host to host until such a time as it forgot what it once had been and settled into the shape of a demonic spider and lingered on the layer of the Abyss owned by Lloth.

As time went by it began to remember itself as it had little need to jump from body to body and as its sentience and cunning returned it eventually drew the notice of the Spider Queen herself.  Lloth knew her creatures and Nyag'thon was not one of hers.  The creature's tenacity and cunning did inspire some measure of amusement in the Spider Queen who deigned to give the amorphous being a 'gift'.  She elevated it to the position of Demon Lord, perhaps just to amuse herself or to see how long it might be before some other demon came to wrest the power from its soul.  Contingent upon that, though, was banishing the creature from her domain, for as much as she might have admired the small Obyrith's traits, she did not enjoy being fooled if even for a second.

Having left that layer of the Abyss it now looks for a means to set itself a network of power to protect itself and perhaps to even take over a layer of the Abyss for itself...perhaps it would live long enough to see the return of the Obyrith queen, or perhaps Nyag'thon could instead become the vacant queen and overturn the rule of the Tanar'ri.

Getting closer...

To do:  Second weakness, Equipment, Other minor crunch details
A&A

Kunoichi

Remember, Glyphstone and Re Z L, for this game we're using Pathfinder feat progression, so you've both got some extra feat slots open.  Aside from that, both of your character sheets are looking pretty good so far. ^^

Re Z L

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 18, 2015, 06:05:03 PM
Remember, Glyphstone and Re Z L, for this game we're using Pathfinder feat progression, so you've both got some extra feat slots open.  Aside from that, both of your character sheets are looking pretty good so far. ^^

Ah!  I was wondering about that but forgot to ask...hmmm so much more to add!

Thanks  。^‿^。
A&A

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 18, 2015, 03:28:28 PM
The fast healing that aspects get is related to their nature as aspects, rather than a reflection of their demon lord's powers, so fast healing 5 would still make more logical sense than regeneration. ^^; That said, you can still take that fire weakness for your aspects and get a bonus feat from it, if you wish.

Hmmm, that case I just do not take the fire weakness as the bonus feats are not that badly needed for aspects. I would had taken weakness only balance my regeneration with aspects. Anycase edited my post again, now I have four aspects (it mention what special qualities each aspect has).

PaleEnchantress

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=206557

Magic Items

Belt of Battle 12k
In Morte Ultime Veritas  = 60k
Bolt Shirt 5k
Third Eye Penetrate 9k
Quiver of Ehlona 1.8k
Handy Haversack 2k
Blessed book 12.5k
Femme Fatalons 16.5k
3,000 Intimidate
Locket of Love Betrayed 9k
129,800 spent 200 left.

In Morte Ultima Veritas - A Mantle of second chances that gives +2 to Int, Dex and Con, and +6 to Cha

Locket of Love Betrayed - Works like an amulet of retribution but the retributive damage is dealt to the attackers dearest loved one rather then themselves. Like Love's Pain but not mind affecting.

Femme Fatalons

Hellcat Gauntlets turned legacy item and item familiar. In addition to their cost in gp they cost Atroxica a level 6 spell slot, 16 hit points, and a -1 attack penalty. Plus the Item Familiar Feat. Once Equipped they meld into the wearer and look like beautiful, but sharply, manicured nails.

Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 12

Item Familiar: Improved Sapience, Spell Use,
9th level Spell Invested/ Bonus 7th
90 Skill ranks Invested (15 From Spot, Listen, Search, Perform, Disguise, Gather Information)
30 Bonus points received (10 to Sleight of Hand, Sense Motive, Concentration)

Legacy Abilities:

5- Lesser Metamagic, Piercing Cold 3/day
6- Lesser Metamagic Silent Spell 3/day
7- Lesser Metamagic Still Spell 3/day
8-
9-
10- Lesser Metamagic, Reach Spell 3/day
11-  Cunning
12-
13- Lesser Metamagic, Chain Spell. 3/day
14-
15-
16- Greater Metamagic, Deceptive Spell 3/day

Kunoichi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 18, 2015, 06:42:55 PM
Hmmm, that case I just do not take the fire weakness as the bonus feats are not that badly needed for aspects. I would had taken weakness only balance my regeneration with aspects. Anycase edited my post again, now I have four aspects (it mention what special qualities each aspect has).

The Obyrith subtype grants your aspects immunity to poison and mind-affecting effects, but not to acid or electricity.  That said, you do get resistance 10 to acid, cold, electricity and fire from the subtype, as well.

The only other change I would recommend is putting an 8 HD limit on the Messenger aspect's Change Shape ability, but other than that your character looks good. ^^

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on May 18, 2015, 07:20:24 PM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=206557

Magic Items

Belt of Battle 12k
In Morte Ultime Veritas  = 60k
Ring of Fredom of Movement 40k
Bolt Shirt 5k
Orange Ioun Stone 30k
Quiver of Ehlona 1.8k
Handy Haversack 2k
Blessed book 12.5k
Femme Fatalons 16.5k
3,000 Intimidate
Locket of Love Betrayed 9k
191,800 spent 8,200 left.

In Morte Ultima Veritas - A Mantle of second chances that gives +2 to Int, Dex and Con, and +6 to Cha

Locket of Love Betrayed - Works like an amulet of retribution but the retributive damage is dealt to the attackers dearest loved one rather then themselves. Like Love's Pain but not mind affecting.

Femme Fatalons

Hellcat Gauntlets turned legacy item and item familiar. In addition to their cost in gp they cost Atroxica a level 6 spell slot, 16 hit points, and a -1 attack penalty. Plus the Item Familiar Feat. Once Equipped they meld into the wearer and look like beautiful, but sharply, manicured nails.

Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 12

Item Familiar: Improved Sapience, Spell Use,
9th level Spell Invested/ Bonus 7th
90 Skill ranks Invested (15 From Spot, Listen, Search, Perform, Disguise, Gather Information)
30 Bonus points received (10 to Sleight of Hand, Sense Motive, Concentration)

Legacy Abilities:

5- Lesser Metamagic, Piercing Cold 3/day
6-
7- AC Bonus (Wis to AC)
8-
9-
10- Lesser Metamagic, Reach Spell 3/day
11-  Cunning
12-
13- Lesser Metamagic, Chain Spell. 3/day
14-
15-
16- Greater Metamagic, Deceptive Spell 3/day

Starting wealth is 130,000 gp, not 200,000. ^^;

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 18, 2015, 07:30:51 PM
Starting wealth is 130,000 gp, not 200,000. ^^;

Gah! *headesk* better fix that

Edit: Fixed, getting rid of the ring wasn't so tragic but . . . that ioun stone ;_; - Oh well at least the newly added third eye helps with part of that.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 18, 2015, 06:05:03 PM

Wait we are? I wasn't sure if that was decided on or not, that is verra nice.

Kunoichi

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on May 18, 2015, 07:31:56 PM
Gah! *headesk* better fix that

Edit: Fixed, getting rid of the ring wasn't so tragic but . . . that ioun stone ;_; - Oh well at least the newly added third eye helps with part of that.

Alright, aside from that, the only item I have an issue with on your list is the Locket of Love Betrayed.  Since the effect functions somewhat like Love's Pain, does that mean that you take Intelligence damage every time the item is used?  Also, does the effect of the item function even if the target's dearest loved one or closest friend is on another plane of existence?  If so for the latter, it should definitely cost more than a Retributive Amulet.

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 18, 2015, 07:39:11 PM
Wait we are? I wasn't sure if that was decided on or not, that is verra nice.

Yep, we're using Pathfinder feat progression, but with the tradeoff that you still have to spend an actual feat slot on Dark Speech to qualify for the Demon Lord template.

Lockepick

Another update to my Original Post!. Added information about Methu's Cult/Leadership and started working on my Cohort. Also realized that I was giving myself EVERY Attack/Quality from Monster of Legend... so had to trim those out. Which was fine, I only lost one thing I even remotely liked.

Just need to finish (and start) my Avatar, and finish shopping for my Cohort.

Quick question: I know we agreed to remove XP costs. For spells: we're replacing any XP costs with (GP Cost = XP Cost * 5). What are we doing for crafting? Are we just doing Pathfinder's half cost idea? To be clear: I don't mind for starting gear -- I'll pay full price for everything at character creation since "Wealth" is more a concept than literal GP -- I was just curious for future reference.

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: lockepick on May 18, 2015, 08:54:38 PM
Another update to my Original Post!.

Quick question: I know we agreed to remove XP costs. For spells: we're replacing any XP costs with (GP Cost = XP Cost * 5). What are we doing for crafting? Are we just doing Pathfinder's half cost idea? To be clear: I don't mind for starting gear -- I'll pay full price for everything at character creation since "Wealth" is more a concept than literal GP -- I was just curious for future reference.

I'd assume standard D&D 3.5 item crafting without the exp component.

For those that know me. This Incarnation of Jerion will, indeed, be an artificer. Don't suppose anyone is insane enough to want to play them? I was debating the different artificer builds , positive i'd never make a meele build. . . . Then I realized theres a combo that basically lets them use their *hair* like a spiked chain. They crazy enough to try it but its probably a bad idea considering just how terrible their physical stats and health are. Wands seem the best idea.  Just the thought of making a rather powerful weapon out of weaving chains in their hair is pretty awesome. Just they cant drop their hair if they get tripped during a trip attack. Though that in itself adds to the craziness since powerful demons would now be resorting to hair pulling as a combat strategy. What if they cast dancing chains from the BOVD?

As to item creation discounts at character creation Im not using any for my main, but I intend to for the artificier cohort. Its actually not as great as you would think since that just means Jerion has NORMAL gear for an npc their level rather then half because of having two bodies to equip.

Big deal here is if infusions count as "spells" for needing both of them do the same action. My argument is since infusions don't count as "Must be able to cast x level spells" for prestige class or ability qualfications they wouldn't force both twins to use it, just like magic items, warlock sla's and psionics dont. - Actually if you do rule infusions count as spells what if they were the psionic artificer variant?

Edit: Actually Jerions terribly physical stats might not be such a factor considering my Vicissitude ability.

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 18, 2015, 07:51:37 PM
Alright, aside from that, the only item I have an issue with on your list is the Locket of Love Betrayed.  Since the effect functions somewhat like Love's Pain, does that mean that you take Intelligence damage every time the item is used?  Also, does the effect of the item function even if the target's dearest loved one or closest friend is on another plane of existence?  If so for the latter, it should definitely cost more than a Retributive Amulet.

It was meant to be more flavorful than useful. Retributive amulet can deal a lot of damage to someone in combat. Locket of Love Betrayed just sort of makes them feel bad for hurting you. Little emotional blackmail. Totally I'm character for me. The reason its not that powerful compared to Love's Pain as a spell is Love's Pain's best use is taking captives. At the very least the spell is something you control. - That said ill just get rid of it and save myself some money. You're right, at the very least its *exotic* compared to the retributive amulet. My character is unlikely to even get hit (though she could give it to someone else), so it was hardly something I figured would come into play much. Just seemed like a really wicked item concept.

Kunoichi

Quote from: lockepick on May 18, 2015, 08:54:38 PM
Another update to my Original Post!. Added information about Methu's Cult/Leadership and started working on my Cohort. Also realized that I was giving myself EVERY Attack/Quality from Monster of Legend... so had to trim those out. Which was fine, I only lost one thing I even remotely liked.

Just need to finish (and start) my Avatar, and finish shopping for my Cohort.

From what I understand, we're handling it however Pathfinder would handle it, yes.  Also, I brought this up with Zaer before, but with your character's backstory, you'd have to take the Tanar'ri subtype, not the Obyrith subtype. ^^; Tanar'ri are demons formed from mortal souls, while Obyriths are demons formed from the raw matter of the abyss itself, so a former vampire turned into a demon would have to be a Tanar'ri.

...Also, I probably should have taken a closer look at your character sheet before when you brought up your AC in PMs, because I didn't realize your Dexterity score and the various AC bonuses you were getting from templates was enough to bring your AC up to 50. ><; That's about 10 points higher than I'm comfortable with, since my original intent was for the CR+20 number to be a soft cap on AC for the game.  Is there any chance you'd be willing to bring it down to AC 40 in exchange for another bonus feat?  Taking a constant -10 penalty to AC due to being on a variety of opiates and other mind-altering substances seems like it could be a fitting special weakness for Methu the Imbiber.

Lockepick

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 18, 2015, 09:33:08 PM
From what I understand, we're handling it however Pathfinder would handle it, yes.  Also, I brought this up with Zaer before, but with your character's backstory, you'd have to take the Tanar'ri subtype, not the Obyrith subtype. ^^; Tanar'ri are demons formed from mortal souls, while Obyriths are demons formed from the raw matter of the abyss itself, so a former vampire turned into a demon would have to be a Tanar'ri.

Ah, I thought I had asked about that, but I don't think I understood that only tanar'ri were transformed from other types. Does that basically mean that everybody that isn't taking a Demon base race will be required to go tanar'ri?

I can change to Tanar'ri if you don't see any way to work Obyrith with the concept. I'm more attached to the concept than the subtype. :)

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 18, 2015, 09:33:08 PM
...Also, I probably should have taken a closer look at your character sheet before when you brought up your AC in PMs, because I didn't realize your Dexterity score and the various AC bonuses you were getting from templates was enough to bring your AC up to 50. ><; That's about 10 points higher than I'm comfortable with, since my original intent was for the CR+20 number to be a soft cap on AC for the game.  Is there any chance you'd be willing to bring it down to AC 40 in exchange for another bonus feat?  Taking a constant -10 penalty to AC due to being on a variety of opiates and other mind-altering substances seems like it could be a fitting special weakness for Methu the Imbiber.

I'm fine with that. I actually distinctly didn't take any Armor/Deflection/Necklace of Natural Armor because my AC was so high. The templates just seemed to stack well for Natural Armor, apparently -- though my touch AC is pretty abysmal. So we say -10 to Natural Armor to represent poisoning/overdosing from drugs?

Kunoichi

Quote from: lockepick on May 18, 2015, 10:29:43 PM
Ah, I thought I had asked about that, but I don't think I understood that only tanar'ri were transformed from other types. Does that basically mean that everybody that isn't taking a Demon base race will be required to go tanar'ri?

I can change to Tanar'ri if you don't see any way to work Obyrith with the concept. I'm more attached to the concept than the subtype. :)

People who don't have demons for their base race can be Obyriths, it's just that their backstory will be that they were formed from the primal chaos and evil of the abyss as unique demons with shapes and abilities that are coincidentally similar to that of the base creature used, rather than having been transformed into their current form.

As an example, Re Z L's character that he's working on didn't actually start out as a Tsochar, it merely bears a strong resemblance to that creature, which is an aberration shaped like a squiggly little bundle of tentacles that burrows into the flesh of living creatures so that it can wear them like living meat suits.  Even though it mechanically started out as an aberration, backstory-wise it was an outsider with the obyrith subtype from the moment it was first 'born'.

I'm fine with that. I actually distinctly didn't take any Armor/Deflection/Necklace of Natural Armor because my AC was so high. The templates just seemed to stack well for Natural Armor, apparently -- though my touch AC is pretty abysmal. So we say -10 to Natural Armor to represent poisoning/overdosing from drugs?

Torahime has a similar issue.  I actually had to change the wording on one of her class features to only add her Intelligence modifier to her touch AC, or else she would have had a regular AC of 42 or so. ^^; And that wording works for a special weakness.  Maybe make it so that a casting of Neutralize Poison removes the penalty for 1d4 rounds, but leaves him stunned for 1 round from the intense shock of having all the toxins flushed out of his system?