Browsers not working right

Started by WindVoyager, August 11, 2016, 10:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindVoyager

I have three and NONE are working right. Pages won't come up and the like and its making writing impossible. I'm having a  mild panic attack over it(Stupid I know) but I have no idea of what to do or anything. I know very little about computers.

And I do mean very little. The only other computer the house is doing the same thing. 

I keep getting a DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG

I've deleted the cookies and everything and I still get it and I don't know what to do. The only advice I've gotten was off a windows forum and they want me to down load unknown soft were and use complex tech terms and refuse to explain anything and will treat you like an idiot if you can't firgure out what they are saying

Vekseid

Well, you shouldn't be downloading anything for this.

You may want to switch to Google Public DNS which involves changing a couple of settings. That should work on its own.

How are you connecting to the Internet? Have you restarted your modem? Your computers?

WindVoyager

It seems to have fixed itself but given the way I am around tech its bound to happen again

I'm wireless. I use a Netgear device to pick up the single from the Modem. Back when I had the issue restating the modem didn't solve the issue

Vekseid

Right - no amount of rebooting is going to help you if your ISP's DNS service is on the fritz.

I highly suggest printing or otherwise taking note of the Google DNS instructions I linked - they will help you get around this in the future. : )