Legend of Oz Wicked West - Interest Check

Started by Crimson Caine, December 05, 2013, 10:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Caine

Legend of Oz Wicked West
[/size]

I was looking up pictures for another game when I stumbled upon pictures from this comic and I was stopped in my tracks.  I’ve been unable to find the actual comic in my area but I can’t see why I can’t take ownership of it and create my own.  I want to pull from the multiple books written by L. Frank Baum and give them the western twist.  Dorothy has a pair of ruby handled revolvers instead of slippers.  Toto is her loyal horse.  I’m imagining, since it is Oz after all, the world will have a bit more of an edge, think steampunk or Deadlands for feel.  So, perhaps the Tin Man could be just a man with a mechanical arm or leg.  Lion could be a shapechanger. 

I’m leaning towards making this freeform as it seems best and I can’t see jamming in The Window or Deadlands mechanics to deal with things.  I want things to have a magical edge as well, so characters will be fairly open in that respects. 

Three factions vying for control of Emerald:
Princess Ozma
The Wicked Witches
Roquat the Red

And then there is the mysterious Wizard who’s agent’s seem to be everywhere in the city, yet no one has ever seen him.  He rules the city with an iron hand keeping the other three in check and keeping an eye on the rabble risers out in the city and beyond.  Everyone wants a piece and it’s who you know and who’s side you are on that can mean the difference between a pine box and a comfortable bed.

I want don’t want to set everything into stone and get player input if there is enough interest on certain aspects.  While I have a general vision I’ve set forth, I’ve tried to keep it open.  While I see some adventure in the game, I also see a lot of politics going on as well in the city and outside of it.  I in no way am an expert on the Oz books and am willing to take any input.  The only character that wouldn’t be available would the Wizard as much of the intrigue will come from his side, though clearly people can throw their hat in with him. 
The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous and menacing. – Aleister Crowley
CC's O/O
CC's Request Thread
CC's Disappearing Routine (A/A)

GhettoMagick

Being a witch would be fun for me of course. I am interested.
I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

Kadigan

It sounds rather neat, would you be ok if characters were not their original sexes? As in, the Lion is a girl?

Crimson Caine

No, that was one of those things I had meant to put in.  I think other then Dorthy and the Wicked and Good witches, I feel most of the characters could be played either male or female. 
The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous and menacing. – Aleister Crowley
CC's O/O
CC's Request Thread
CC's Disappearing Routine (A/A)

Rave

Oooh this totally catches my interest. I have a great idea for Scarecrow, actually, an inspiration from a picture of my own. I'd love to take part in this.