War of the Clans [Accepting Profiles]

Started by The Golden Touch, August 18, 2013, 07:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Love And Submission

You said evil sorcerer so I'm totally intrested.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

The Golden Touch

Interested players (For my own OCD):
Aiden
Rainbow
Amelita
Formless
IrishWolf
Lithium
Winterborn
DTW

Oh my geez, that jumped when I wasn't looking!

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

LordHarketh193

Quote from: The Golden Touch on August 20, 2013, 06:33:05 PM
Aiden
Rainbow
Amelita
Formless
IrishWolf
Lithium
Winterborn
DTW

Oh my geez, that jumped when I wasn't looking!

Yer place me down as intrested too.

The Golden Touch

Aiden
Rainbow
Amelita
Formless
IrishWolf
Lithium
Winterborn
DTW
LordHarketh193

The Golden Touch

DM Notice:
I am working on the Deva King, and Rakshasa Queen as you read this. My goal is to complete them tonight. I have several scenarios in the beginnings of being fleshed out. Also, if you have an idea please send me a PM.

I am looking to start accepting Character Profiles this Saturday (24Aug2013).

Thank you,
WoC Staff

EDIT: Also, I am only going to be accepting about half/half Deva and Rakshasa. One extra on either side won't be an issue.

The Golden Touch

Successful completion of the monarchs! For the ten people I heard from, start thinking about your character sheets.

Aiden

I'm thinking about them! Yes... yes...that will work!

Homework done

The Golden Touch

-gives Aiden a long look-

I worry about you...

Anyway, I need everyone to chime in on playing Deva/Rakshasa. I would like this to be even, as I have one known Deva from xSnorkleRainbow, and a Rakshasa from Amelita, Lithium, Aiden and one other person. Hopefully more people would like to play Deva, but I can modify the game to support a fully Rakshasa type campaign of events and a special small motivator for the Deva we do have.

That said, I am still accepting more players, not just those that showed interest already.

IrishWolf

*raises hand*

You have two Deva, my dear Goldie.

Whats the tech for this world going to be like?

The Golden Touch

Yay, thank you for chiming in, Irishwolf!

Think more magic/sword based than anything, with a touch of steam punk. I am allowing flying machines, like blimps and fighters(As seen in the cityscapes for the Deva/Rakshasa) but they are fueled by magic, usually a stone infused with said magic. This makes them short ranged and small, very few bigger crafts exist. This also means that a single shot gun fueled by the same crystals will exist.

QuoteThe crystals as a power source are considered a new technology, making them highly unstable but useable with proper care, and training. It normally is used in flying machines of the smaller variety for short range travel that hover above the ground. New single shot ranged weapons have been created and tested (Can include sniper rifles, bows and/or crossbows). These are still in what the military calls the research and development phase. One known issue with crystal weapons is that storing them within close proximity makes the crystals even more unstable. Often causing large explosions and destruction.

Julles

-peeks head in- I would be interested in playing a Deva character if there is still room?

The Golden Touch

There is room, Julles. Feel free to take a look at character skeleton. I won't be accepting any by PM until Saturday. Any questions you may have, feel free to send me a message as well.

Winterborn

I'll go ahead and switch from Rakshasa to Deva, just to keep things interesting.

The Golden Touch

That's fine, I'll put you down as a Deva for now.

Amelita

Woot! Looking great we are!

My Rakshasa is taking good shape, I might pm the other R players about possible links amongst the characters if that is okay. Goldie?

Also, how much interaction is there between the races? Is there any trading or such to mutually exploit resources or whatnot? ::) Are they far away from each other or close? Would there be rebels trying to make it in the wrong city?  What do they eat? XD

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

The Golden Touch

I'm fine with links among the others, just know you may or may not be running around with them in game.

Interaction between Deva/Rakshasa is nil. They are enemies always and helping each other is usually a Death sentence. Not to say that there are not Rakshasa glamoured out to appear as a Deva.

However, trade with other races on the planet, that does happen. I will make a list with brief explanations and locations for extra information when I have time today.

The Clans share one of three continents with each other. The distance is long, but not a coast to coast affair. There are small towns and such outside the capital cities, and you may see neutral ground when adventuring out.

Food wise, Rakshasa are meat eaters. Deva are less so, however meat can be in their diet on some occasions- usually have a hunt that is considered a "celebration to the gods."

The Golden Touch

Don't forget, characters are being accepted starting tomorrow!

Amelita

Quote from: The Golden Touch on August 23, 2013, 07:52:14 AM
I'm fine with links among the others, just know you may or may not be running around with them in game.

Interaction between Deva/Rakshasa is nil. They are enemies always and helping each other is usually a Death sentence. Not to say that there are not Rakshasa glamoured out to appear as a Deva.

However, trade with other races on the planet, that does happen. I will make a list with brief explanations and locations for extra information when I have time today.

The Clans share one of three continents with each other. The distance is long, but not a coast to coast affair. There are small towns and such outside the capital cities, and you may see neutral ground when adventuring out.

Food wise, Rakshasa are meat eaters. Deva are less so, however meat can be in their diet on some occasions- usually have a hunt that is considered a "celebration to the gods."

Thanks for the information! ^^

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

The Golden Touch

The Golden Touch

I made a world building thread as seen HERE. I will update it as I finish things so all the information is readily available to you all. Please do not post in it. If you have questions, feel free to ask here or in a PM.

Below is the list of people with characters that have checked in. Character skeletons will be accepted at 12:01AM tomorrow (24Aug2013) in PM ONLY.
Players:
Aiden- Rakshasa
Amelita- Rakshasa
SinxAzgard21- Rakshasa
Lithium- Rakshasa

xSnorkleRainbow- Deva
IrishWolf- Deva
Winterborn- Deva
Julles- Deva

DTW- ?
LordHarketh193- ?
Formless- ?

Julles

I don't know how to find a good pic for my character.   :-\

Lithium

Quote from: Julles on August 23, 2013, 09:16:38 PM
I don't know how to find a good pic for my character.   :-\

What do you need? I have a few spares that I didn't end up using. :P

Julles

The Golden Touch

Thank you for stepping up and helping Julles out, Lithium.

The Golden Touch

I've received several of the profiles already, and they are stellar. Hope to see some more characters soon! Remember, they are being accepted by PM only.

The game is still open to anyone with interest, as we have not started yet.