Gundam, Zoids, Battletech, or an original Mecha Universe (Interest check linked)

Started by King Serperior, August 26, 2015, 08:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralhend

Right now Im leaning twoards Val Kilmer's representation of Iceman.
Post Rate: (Lethargic)
Request Thread/ Ons and Offs /A/A Thread
Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/
Other Games E : (Taken) 1/1 /Chessgame 1, Mimétisme vs Ralhend/

Chassis:  Giant Humanoid Exoskeleton
Model:  Custom Build
Weight Class:  Sub-Light
Weight:  5 tons (empty) 10 tons (Standard loadout, fully loaded); 75 tons (Maximum carry weight)
Height: 3.65 meters (12 feet)
Top Speed:  195kph (120mph)
Mech Name: Hostility Escalation Exoskeleton (HEE), nicknamed Aegis
Armaments: The HEE can use most handheld weaponry from mechs its size and larger. Its hands are too large for HAS or human weaponry, and it is too small for standard hardpoint attachments. As such it is designed primarily around harrying and melee combat, as well as sabotage like its core, the HAS.
Vibrosabers: Aegis carries two swords in back mounts. These swords require power (via being wielded) to vibrate, but are perfectly functional blades without power. They are designed to remove limbs and cut through armor to expose internal components. They can be dual-wielded but are at their best when used two-handed. (2)
Kunai: The HEE carries four of these at a time, at mount points on each knee and both hips. These blades are meant only for stabbing or throwing; they have an extremely sharp point but no cutting edge. Each contains a burst battery capable of providing limited course correction via thrusters. If the kunai detect that they’ve pierced armor, they break open and blow the rest of their charge for an electromagnetic assault on the innards of the target. Rechargeable. (4)
Autocannons: Both forearms of the Aegis hold retractable rotary cannons that can use various ammo types, though they are usually stocked with anti-armor rounds. (2x100)
Shoulder Spikes: What appear to be standard weapon catching/deflecting spikes are actually further anti-armor weaponry. They are rockets, as opposed to missiles, filled with an anti-armor payload. As they are rockets, they can only fire straight out, making it often preferable to literally ram the opponent with the Aegis’ shoulder to get them lodged in the enemy’s armor before detonating them. (2x6)
Vulcan Cannon Two barrels on each side of the head house anti-personnel rounds. (2x25)

Subsystems (Standard and Nonstandard): 
Microreactor Batteries become unreasonable for the Aegis’ size and necessary power output. The reactor is an ultra-safe design meant for home and business use that has found a unique home. Athena has altered the limiter to let it run hotter than would be comfortable otherwise.
Boosters:  Unlike the HAS, the HEE features a full-fledged rocket propulsion system thanks to its reactor. Still mostly used for jumps and evades, but is capable of short flights as well.
Mnemosyne:  When the HAS and HEE are docked, Phoebe gains access to significantly more computing power, graduating her to a true simple AI. While Phoebe’s control over the HAS is relatively simplistic and reactive, Mnemosyne is a capable combatant in her own right. She can’t compete with human aces on an even footing, but combined with the Aegis’ high agility and speed relative to most mechs, can often outperform them. Athena has built in safeguards against Mnemosyne taking full permanent control; fully independent circuits detect if a human is in the suit every five minutes and eject the HAS if none is detected over two cycles. The HEE has no onboard memory and cannot house Phoebe, making Mnemosyne only possible when the suits are combined.
Failsafe Design: The HEE is designed under the same basic principles as the HAS. Unpowered walking speed is about 20 MPH.

Strengths:  The HEE has the same advantages as the HAS, but has improved firepower.
Mnemosyne: The AI can seamlessly adjust aim, avoid projectiles, and provide many other combat enhancements.

Weaknesses:  The weaknesses are also similar for the most part, minus the glaring firepower and armor concerns.
Mnemosyne: The AI’s actions are not always seamless. More of a struggle for the pilot than for survival, Mnemosyne can take action without warning for the purpose of mitigating damage, as it has developed a desire for self-preservation. The actions of the Aegis not matching up 1:1 to the pilot’s movements can be extremely disconcerting for the uninitiated.

Overall Description:  Aegis is effectively, and by all external appearances, a standard humanoid sub-light mech. It is extraordinarily fast and structurally tough, but its armor is still on the light side.

King Serperior

Okay, the outer shell looks good, but I am having some questions regarding them now:

First, if it is to be classes as a 'Sub-Light' mech, that maximum carry weight of 75 tons seems like quite a lot.  In all honesty, if you keep the max carry weight, it would be classed as a Medium mech through and through.  Second, I am not sure going from solely ranged combat (HAS) to mostly melee (HEE).  The way I see it, the HAS's weapons (shoulder-mounted missile pods, short-range artillery, an anti-personnel cannon, and leg-mounted RPGs) would be rendered useless when covered by the HEE.  Wouldn't it be more sense for the HAS's and HEE's armaments to be swapped?  I mean, a lighter, faster mech would more easily get close enough to use it's blades while the heavier one would be able to tank a couple of hits and get off a missile or autocannon shot or two?

I'm not trying to be difficult.  I'm just trying to make this make more sense in my mind.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Perhaps maximum "lift" weight would be more clear for you. It's not going to be wearing 70 tons of weaponry at any point, it wouldn't be able to move. It's more in terms of what it could pick up, a la Master Chief flipping tanks in Halo. I cut the ratio of size to max weight down by 25% from the HAS. I can cut it by more if you want, but that number is largely meaningless. I don't fully grasp your concerns about the weapon swap... also, not only is that more work, but it makes both secondary pics invalid. :P

King Serperior

Quote from: Karma on September 09, 2015, 07:52:28 PM
Perhaps maximum "lift" weight would be more clear for you. It's not going to be wearing 70 tons of weaponry at any point, it wouldn't be able to move. It's more in terms of what it could pick up, a la Master Chief flipping tanks in Halo. I cut the ratio of size to max weight down by 25% from the HAS. I can cut it by more if you want, but that number is largely meaningless.
AHH!  Okay, now I get what you mean.  My apologies.  Perhaps a little note on that would be good, but I understand completely what you mean now.
I don't fully grasp your concerns about the weapon swap... also, not only is that more work, but it makes both secondary pics invalid. :P
Well, I am going by the concept of the HAS entering the HEE from the back like Athena climbs into the HAS.  Looking at the HAS with the artillery and autocannon, it seems like it would be somewhat difficult to do that.  Maybe I am overthinking things some.....

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Yeah, I mean... the HAS would obviously not be wearing any of that upon docking. It would all be ejected.

To expand on the weapons distribution, the HAS is utterly unsuited to take on large mechs directly. It can't carry anything big enough and really should just be scaling the enemy and going after the pilot and wiring. Its projectile weapons are mostly for pinpoint strikes (cameras, personnel, weak joints, etc) and I was planning to give it some melee weaponry as well, I just haven't expanded that section yet. The HEE is big enough to fight them directly but it's still quite small, and it can't carry large enough projectile weaponry to be worthwhile since that sort of stuff would make it pretty unbalanced and hard to control, which is why it has so much specialty anti-armor tech built right into the armor. This lets it keep maximum mobility.

The ultimate point is that if the HAS is fighting a big mech one on one, something has gone very very wrong. It's not designed for that and should not be put in that position at any cost.

King Serperior

Alright, I am understanding things better now.  Hmm, if the HAS has to eject those shoulder-mounted weapons, perhaps the HEE can pick them up as hand-held ones?  Or maybe the HAS has the weapons lower backwards so they are both low on it's back, allowing it to climb the the HEE?

Thanks for the clarification!  Sorry for being so difficult.   :-[

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Ralhend

Guys, i havent forgotten about you.  They asked me to work the weekend, so my time is limited.  Ill have my extended char profile up sunday at the latest
Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/

Saria

I also haven't forgotten. :P I've just been preoccupied with work, PMing with Ralhend to organize our characters, and preparing the thread I mentioned. Along the way I totally forgot to comment on all the profiles posted - I read them all offline, and made a mental note to comment when I was home, then just kept forgetting. I had no complaints or suggestions, they all looked neat to me.

But the way, regarding the thread, no name was selected yet, but rather than waiting on a consensus, I'll just use "Heavy Metal Magellan" as a placeholder for now. We can change it later.

This evening, I'll upload the pic and show what I've got so far.
Saria is no longer on Elliquiy, and no longer available for games

King Serperior

No worries at all.  I think I'll go with Magellan, though I had to actually look it up first.  >.>

I can't wait to see what you two come up with!  Regarding character organization, I am working on some minor changes to the Ragnarok.  One such change regards the projectiles for the Rail Gun.  At it's current, there's 100 of them.  As each weighs 7 pounds, that is only a mere 700 pounds.  Seems inadequate for a mech of Ragnarok's size, no?  I'm not quite sure how much 85 missiles and 720,000 rounds of minigun ammo would weigh, but I am saying that I'll make the Rail Gun's ammo weigh in at 4.2 tons, which means 600 projectiles.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Saria

((Okay, here's a first, very rough draft of what I'm aiming for in the RP info thread. In the real thing, the items in the cast of characters list would be linked to each person's info post - which would have their character profile, their mech profile, and anything else they feel like adding.))

The initial panic from the impact had died down by now. There was a still a tension in the atmosphere, but almost ten minutes had passed without the entire transport falling apart or being consumed by fire, so it was starting to look like it wasn’t the end.

There was a loud pop as the intercom came alive, then the Captain’s voice.

“Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your patience while the crew and I investigated the problem.

“It now appears that our right wing was impacted by what was probably a large chunk of space debris, or possibly a meteor. We have lost engines 9 and 10 completely, and engine 8 is dubious. More importantly, the structural integrity of the right wing has been severely compromised.

“Let me reassure you all that we will land safely. I say again, we are in no mortal danger. I cannot guarantee that we will land where we are supposed to, but we will make a safe atmospheric reentry and land safely at the nearest available airport - though it’s still too early to know exactly which one that will be.

“Unfortunately, we will have to jettison the cargo. The wing can easily handle reentry braking, but not if we’re carrying the weight of all our cargo.

“Cargo containers are designed to survive reentry, and make reasonably soft landings. However, there will be no guarantees where on Earth your cargo will land. Even if the cargo survives reentry and landing, it may still be unrecoverable if it lands in an inaccessible location, or someone else recovers it before the proper authorities. I apologize for the inconvenience, but this is an emergency situation.

“Container jettison procedures will begin in 45 minutes. You have 30 minutes to enter your containers and retrieve any valuables you can carry, if you wish. Or, if you wish, you may stay in your container after that time, and go down with it. By regulation, cargo containers are designed to double as emergency escape pods, so they will land safely - though not comfortably - should you prefer stay with your cargo. The choice is yours, and you have 30 minutes to make it.

“To repeat: We have suffered damage, but can still make a safe landing at the nearest airport if we jettison the cargo containers. You have 30 minutes to access your container and retrieve anything of value that you can carry. Or, if you wish, you can go down in one of the dropped containers, which should land safely - though there is no way to know exactly where. The First Officer and Third Officer will be on hand to answer and questions and assist you. Thank you for your patience.”

After a mysterious accident on board a transport shuttle from the Lunar colonies to Earth, a small group of mech pilots are dropped from orbit with their machines. They land safely, but in the worst place they could have: smack dab in the middle of _____, with its belligerent dictator and ruthless army of fanatics, all of whom would love the thrill of a gory public execution of foreigners.

Now they will have to make a 10,000 km journey to safety through some of the most dangerous countries on Earth. They will have to traverse rugged terrain and shifting political landscapes, and struggle to make do with limited supplies and little hope of finding allies, with the largest and most heavily-armed military in the world pursuing them ferociously.

{{title image}}

An alternate universe, realistic, free-form mech roleplay

Characters

• Angela Blair / Ragnarok
  • Lt. Deepika Patel / LMC-42
  • Joseph Hendrial / MMC-65
  • Athena Metaxas / Arion/Aegis
  • Open - this could be you!
  • Open - this could be you!

The story
((Here we could put a list of brief blurbs about where they are and what they're up to, broadly speaking, as we go along, probably with links to relevant in-game posts. It can help keep track of the story, and provide a quick-and-dirty way to check back to previous events. The first one will be the starting scene.))

Ralhend

Name:  Joseph Hendrial
Role: Mercenary Mecha-Combat Technician
Nicknames:  None Assigned Yet
Callsign:  None Assigned Yet
Sexuality:  Straight
Height:  6' (182.88cm)
Weight:  210lbs (95.25kg)
Eyes:  Green
Hair:  Auburn, cut short, often mussed
Skin:  Lightly tanned
Physique:  Healthy and solid
Distinguishing Marks:  Severe scarring on either sides of his spine, with stainless steel plates and myomers visible along its length.
Distinguishing Behaviors:  When lost in thought, he will often touch the back of his neck, fingering the vertebral ridges under his skin...
Appearance:  Strong and athletic.  Often wears coveralls with a gun-style toolbelt.  He carries a special set of Jeweler's screwdrivers in his left breast pocket, and a 12" adjustable wrench on his right leg, both for technical and sentimental reasons.

Bio:  Was a promising cadet during mech basic training, but was dishonorably discharged after severely beating his Recruit Division Commander.  The details of that event are sealed and he doesn't talk much about it... Not one of his favorite subjects.

Hendrial found work after washing out of training as a security guard for the moon colony.  During the Ankharran Blitz he manned an older sniper rifle, and with four others,  held off an attacking force of 300 by using the terrain to their advantage. Joseph and his ad-hoc squad bought enough time for the main forces to arrive, and force back the imperial invasion attempt.  Their bravery saved thousands, but Joseph sustained major injuries to his spine. Injuries that were serious enough to warrant a cybernetic replacement.  While being armored and well protected against bare hand / knife attacks, the spinal replacement affords him no special abilities.  While he has full mobility, he is left with a dull ache along his lower back and legs, an unfortunate side-effect of the synthetic nerve replacements. He takes regular doses of morphine to counteract the pain.

Being immobile for nearly seven months during the recovery process, he poured himself into researching mecha electronics, focusing on radar and communications.  He also (from his bed) played a popular online mech simulator game, familiarizing himself with standardized mech operation.  He is currently ranked 9th out of 12,000,000 subscribers.

Over the next several years he became an authority on mecha systems, and is often sought out as an "Independent Consultant". He currently works for the  (edit this) In this capacity.  Joseph's role and reason for being present on the transport are to help evaluate the new MCC-65 Mecha Chassis.

During the incident, he is in one of the containers looking over one of the new mechs technical readouts, and constructing a formalized evaluation of the design to send back to the manufacturer.  He is not able to exit the container during the incident due to damage sustained in the meteor strike, and is forced to make do with what he has available in an effort to escape.  He has the armor, The anti-material rifle (But only one magazine/5 shots), and basic gear pictured (List will be updated).  His mecha has no armament however to start, aside from the medium range mecha assault rifle. 

(This is the gear of a fallen soldier that was being shipped back to the homefront, found as he was rifling through container's storage crates in an effort to gather supplies for the drop.)
Lightly damaged Type-2 Infantry Flak Armor
Backpack
Bedroll
Shaving kit (75% intact)
Canteen with Bio-Filter. (cleans most microbes out of the water but leaves it smelling/tasting like a swimming pool)
Survival Knife
Barret Mark IIV Anti Material Rifle, One Magazine, 5 rounds, no reloads
Used Medical kit with 50% of its supplies intact
50' Coil of rope
One Flash-Bang Style Grenade
One Frag Style Baseball Grenade
Damaged Las-Pistol (Good for close range only, 30ft, until the focusing Lenses are replaced)
550 Caterpillar style bracelet

Regular Gear:
500ml of Morphene (about two weeks worth, he can make it last 3, but expect him to be grumpy)
RADU-II Diagnostic AI System

Saria

Ah, yeah, I should clarify the gear Deep starts out with, too.

Basically all she has is whatever was in her mech, and a duffel bag - she only came to the Moon to do her tests, then go home, so she travelled like (as soldiers are wont to do).

The mech will have standard supplies on board - basically the stuff listed here.

• tactical vest
  • combat helmet (for when you have to leave the mech)
  • pilot helment (in the cockpit - not meant to stop bullets, rather to integrate with machine: has built-in face mask, augmented reality display, and communications, once plugged in to the mech)
  • gas mask
  • hazmat coveralls
  • autoinjectors (for various nerve gasses, and radiation treatment)
  • cold-weather clothing
  • rain gear
  • pilot suit (she doesn't start out wearing this, but it's in the mech)
  • first aid kit (mostly complete, minus a few things she might have used to treat a cut or scrape)
  • purifying canteen
  • combat glasses (basically sunglasses that darken/lighten intelligently, and have AR display)
  • field repair kit (to do emergency field maintenance on the mech - basically a tool box, plus some containers of hydraulic fluid, spare wiring, etc.)
  • flashlight
  • all-weather adaptable sleep roll
  • combat flashlight
  • fire extinguisher
  • a bunch of ropes and straps and stuff, meant for securing the mech when being transported
  • flechette pistol, with 45 rounds (15 per cartridge)
  • standard issue personal defence weapon (basically P90, MP7, or F2000) with 200 rounds (50 per cartridge), and standard/night-vision/laser sight
  • about 10 days worth of MREs (30)

She'll also have some non-standard-issue equipment in the mech:

• an assortment of candies and chocolates for snacking
  • a hammock
  • violin (fairly cheap 7/8 size)
  • pictures of scantily clad men and women in suggestive poses all over the inside of the cockpit
  • a small stash of manga books - some of which are pornographic
  • a hand-held game system
  • a bong

In her duffel, she only has:

• a couple extra sets of uniform stuff
  • fatigues
  • jumpsuit
  • running shoes
  • combat boots
  • sport sandals
  • sweats
  • couple of T-shirts and shorts
  • spare undies
  • swimsuit (one piece for training)
  • LBD with matching shoes and accessories
  • sexy outfit, and some sexy undies, for just in case she meets someone
  • toiletry kit

And of course she starts out wearing her standard uniform, which is basically this.

I think that's about everything.

Ralhend

I'd go with the P90 regardless, because of the huge magazine, and because P90s are awesome =D.

One of my primary goals is to get some better gear, or to at least fix that damn Las-Pistol.

Saria

Draft title image.

Note that if the name if the game isn't decided on as "Heavy Metal Magellan", this is trivial to change.

Ralhend

Quote from: Saria on September 12, 2015, 06:26:21 AM
Draft title image.

Note that if the name if the game isn't decided on as "Heavy Metal Magellan", this is trivial to change.

A Mauler, a Cauldron Born, and a Thor, all from Battletech...  (Can you tell I like mechs yet?)

I like.  Heavy Metal as a reference to our hardware, and Magellan as a reference to doomed explorer who embarked on a long journey...  Very poetic, or just downright awesome

We will likely have our share of detractors who call it "Cheesy" or "Unimaginative" but the hell with them.  This is our story =D

King Serperior

Everything's looking good!

@Ralhend's character:  I really like him.  I especially like the fact that after about 2-3 weeks of ingame time, he'll be aching for something to stop his pains.  As for his supplies, they certainly work for me.  I like that they're not perfect condition as well.

@Saria's initial RP Info Thread Post:  I love it!  So, it's a meteor strike instead of a surprise orbital attack?  That's fine by me.  I also like how it just implies that they'll be trying to escape the territory when so many things can happen (siding with resistance forces or perhaps eventually assisting in the overthrow of the tyrant government!)

@Saria's character's equipment:  Looks good to me.  This reminds me that I should also work on Angela's equipment and gear when I get to fixing some small details regarding the Ragnarok.

@Saria's Draft Image:  I like it.  It has the right feeling as well!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

45dragoons

Hello sory for just dropping in like this but i was wondering could i get in on this as well. it make my body spark with fun and fire explosions going off in my mind. If you don't mind that i join that is. I am going to go back through to see what i would need for template for a mech and i was wondering if i could have a talking ape friend? this is more just for flare on my own end if you dont mind that is. sorry i haven't been on here in so long i forgot any processes i may need to ask of first.  also i am a gundam and any machine anime fan.
I am looking for beta testers for my fourm  http://theeighthcontinent.forumotion.com/  its midevil/steampunk with depth character creation and uses dice system much like D&D for random events input and willing helpers are gladly welcomed

(Ons Offs- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=187141.0

King Serperior

Quote from: 45dragoons on September 12, 2015, 06:26:22 PM
Hello sory for just dropping in like this but i was wondering could i get in on this as well. it make my body spark with fun and fire explosions going off in my mind. If you don't mind that i join that is. I am going to go back through to see what i would need for template for a mech and i was wondering if i could have a talking ape friend? this is more just for flare on my own end if you dont mind that is. sorry i haven't been on here in so long i forgot any processes i may need to ask of first.  also i am a gundam and any machine anime fan.
Hello, 45dragoons!  Thanks for the interest.

I would like to say that I have had some PMs with two interested parties that have recently been sorting themselves out as to whether or not they would be able to join and have just recieved word from one that will be joining.  He hasn't yet posted, but I believe he will soon.  I am waiting for the final word from the second party.

However, I will say that if the final spot remains open, there will not be any 'talking apes' and that this will be a very realistic style of game.  No anime, no gundam, nothing like that.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

45dragoons

Quote from: King Serperior on September 12, 2015, 06:43:00 PM
Hello, 45dragoons!  Thanks for the interest.

I would like to say that I have had some PMs with two interested parties that have recently been sorting themselves out as to whether or not they would be able to join and have just recieved word from one that will be joining.  He hasn't yet posted, but I believe he will soon.  I am waiting for the final word from the second party.

However, I will say that if the final spot remains open, there will not be any 'talking apes' and that this will be a very realistic style of game.  No anime, no gundam, nothing like that.

Alright and awwwww i wanted an angry ape who's the mechanic to be pissed off at my character for not shielding or deploying some thing and have some thing break.... well any way  that idea out of the way should i work on a character app just incase the final spot is still open later on? even if its not it would allow me to get a character idea up and going.
I am looking for beta testers for my fourm  http://theeighthcontinent.forumotion.com/  its midevil/steampunk with depth character creation and uses dice system much like D&D for random events input and willing helpers are gladly welcomed

King Serperior

Quote from: 45dragoons on September 12, 2015, 06:51:52 PM
Alright and awwwww i wanted an angry ape who's the mechanic to be pissed off at my character for not shielding or deploying some thing and have some thing break....
If this weren't a realism-focused game, that could be allowed, but in the setting that has been finalized, such a thing is nonnegotiable.  If you truly want some talking monkey for your character, you may want to seek out another game.
well any way  that idea out of the way should i work on a character app just incase the final spot is still open later on? even if its not it would allow me to get a character idea up and going.
If you feel that you should, you can.  However, it would be best to not post here until we know for certain that one of the interested parties will officially join or not. 

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

45dragoons

Well i don't need a talking monkey but having a pet spider monkey never hurt realism... and yeah i read up on this topic a little i love the idea  and even if i cant join i will still have fun making a character... never hurts to read up. and you've got a good group so far.  but yeah i wont post it here unless i am able too.

Saria

Quote from: King Serperior on September 12, 2015, 02:49:20 PM
So, it's a meteor strike instead of a surprise orbital attack?
Not necessarily!

I figured the pilots of the transport wouldn't go on the intercom and be like "WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!!!11!!1!" They know they were hit by a surface-to-space weapon - their radar tracked it for at least a few minutes before it struck. Of course, you can't exactly do evasive manoeuvres in a transport. All they could do was pump all the fuel out of the starboard wing and try to make sure that was the one that got hit. In effect, they saved everyone on the transport - they were heroes.

After the impact they can see there's no second missile on the way - at least not for several minutes, and by that time friendly nations would be able to move countermeasures into play, so they can assume they won't be hit again - so they play it cool to keep the passengers calm. The passengers will be blissfully unaware of what really happened until long after they land safely.

Days or weeks later - likely only days, if that - the news would start leaking out that this was not a failure of orbital debris tracking... it was a missile attack. Then there would be chaos in the news reports as everyone tried to figure out who did it.

From the perspective of our characters, I was thinking that the knowledge that the transport was shot at wouldn't really be necessary for the first while - we have plenty of other things to focus on. We could find that out later - either by picking up standard news reports when they figure it out... or, possibly, by some other, more interesting means....

King Serperior

Ah!  Okay, I get you now!  Makes sense when you put it that way.

Anywho, I am hoping to get Angela and Ragnarok updated soon.  This chemistry work is smothering me.  :/

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace