Elliquiy's IP address?

Started by Haibane, November 25, 2010, 04:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haibane

Some good news... I started a new job and now my husband and I are no longer being sucked into a black hole of spiralling debt.  ;D

Some bad news... Elliquiy is blocked by the office network. Gnnn...   :'(

Some good... I know there is an IP I can try that might circumvent the blocking...  ^-^

...and bad... I can't find it!  :-(

Can someone tell me what it is please, or tell me how to find it (command prompt thingymummy?) Thanks!

Oreo

https://elliquiy.com/   Add the s ;) instead of http   I have it in my bookmarks, just in case.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Oniya

As someone who has been burned by such things - you might want to be extra careful about circumventing blocks.  You never know what kind of info the IT people can pull up on the office networks, and it would be terrible if your boss got a report about E.   :-\
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

jouzinka

Or you can access E via proxy server.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Oniya on November 25, 2010, 05:14:53 PM
As someone who has been burned by such things - you might want to be extra careful about circumventing blocks.  You never know what kind of info the IT people can pull up on the office networks, and it would be terrible if your boss got a report about E.   :-\

This.

If they've blocked it, it's for (in their minds at least) a good reason.

If you're caught attempting to go around that, they're not likely to look favorably on you.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Star Safyre

Quote from: Oniya on November 25, 2010, 05:14:53 PM

+2

As someone who works with children at a publicly funded position I adore and definitely need, I never check E at work, even through proxy servers.  If you can, I suggest checking E using your personal cell phone only while at work your work site.  I know it cuts down on my ability to post, but, sorry co-authors, employment, living indoors, eating and my professional reputation are greater than RP.
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Haibane

Thank you for the replies. I was curious if the actual IP address is known by anyone here, that's all. Thanks!

While I appreciate the cautionary words and I'm grateful for your concern, I can take my own laptop into the office and connect via a line in one of the coffee breakout areas during lunch... I wouldn't be doing this at my desk on a PC owned by the company and in work time!

Oniya

If you're using the company's network, it doesn't matter if it's your laptop or even that you're on lunch.  The safest thing to do would be to find someplace like McDonalds that offers free wi-fi and access that way.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

jouzinka

Haibane

Thank you so much Jouzinka, I was beginning to feel like a little girl being told what to do by mum!

jouzinka

Beguile's Mistress

What you do is, of course, your choice.  However, after checking with my IT people I agree with all the cautions you've been given.  It's not so much us telling you what to do as making sure you understand that companies have zero tolerance policies about sites they consider NSFW.  You may work in a more lenient environment as I do but if you don't please be careful.

Lyell

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on November 26, 2010, 10:58:29 PM
What you do is, of course, your choice.  However, after checking with my IT people I agree with all the cautions you've been given.  It's not so much us telling you what to do as making sure you understand that companies have zero tolerance policies about sites they consider NSFW.  You may work in a more lenient environment as I do but if you don't please be careful.

This. Company resources fall under company policy, no matter how they're accessed. True, it is your decidion, but like others, I advise against it.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.