Pocket Monster Stadium: Battle Island (System - PTU)

Started by eternaldarkness, June 06, 2015, 12:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eternaldarkness

Character Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=230801.0

OOC Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=230806.new#new

IC Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=230799.0
Have you always wanted to go on your own Pokemon journey? Do you dream of catching 'em all? Perhaps you want to help a friend rise to greatness as a breeder, or maybe you just wanna have sexytimes with Pokemon. Whatever your Pokemon dreams, this is the game for you. I am currently taking as many players as want to join as well as CO-GM's willing to help out. It will be sandbox with some GM-created plots and events. Players who remain active and do things will have interesting things happen to them.

Feel free to ask questions here. If I get enough interest an OOC and Character thread will appear swiftly. Don't be intimidated by the system. PTU looks more complicated than it really is, and I'm happy to help people with anything they need to get playing.

Character Creation
This game will use Pokemon Tabletop United 1.05 system (the link is free, legal, and safe). The corebook and both Game of Throhs and Do Porygon Dream of Mareep are all available to players, and obviously the Pokedex. The Blessed and the Damned will be considered on a case by case basis.

Trainers start at level 5 and begin with a single starter Pokemon or morph at level 10. Morph PC's start at level 10.

Setting
The Battle Islands are home of the Pokemon League world Headquarters run by Silph Co. and location of the annual Pokemon World Tournament. Trainers from all over the world come here to battle, catch rare pokemon, and participate in the world tournament every year, but in the past few years Silph has been expanding its operations beyond simple pokemon-related pursuits, encouraging its employees and other people to come and settle the huge island and its surrounding smaller islands.

The Lilo Honua archipelago is a collection of eight major islands, several atolls, numerous smaller islets, and seamounts situated in the middle of the "Insert name here" ocean. The archipelago extends some 1,500 miles (2,400 kilometres) from the tip of the northernmost island to the southernmost end of the southernmost island.

Though once known as the "Mystery Islands”, they were renamed after Silph Co. purchased most of them to build their city and world-famous stadium. These drew trainers from all over the world, and before long the islands collectively became known as the Battle islands.

Eighteen years ago, the archipelago was joined by an enormous landmass that rose from the ocean's depths, untouched by the rest of the world and uninhabited by humans for thousands of years. This landmass, Western Battle Island, was immediately set upon by explorers, trainers, scientists, and people looking to settle in this new and untouched region, and in the past two decades a number of towns and even one city have sprung up on the western continent, which despite being heavily settled along its coasts still has vast, unexplored areas teeming with pokemon never seen before.

In addition to the appearance of an entire region, the baby boom that happened eighteen years ago caused an explosion in the population of all living things on earth, especially pokemon and Pokemorphs - previously, full pokemorphs had been a relatively small percentage of the total human population, but in the past two decades their population has exploded to encompass nearly forty percent of the total human population, and every year more and more morphs are born or evolve from humans and pokemon.

Silph-Rocket Co.

When it comes to corporations in this world, Silph-Rocket Co. sits firmly at the top of the heap. A powerful multinational corporation with numerous subsidiaries formed by the merger of the former criminal organization Team Rocket and the Silph corporation, they make damn near everything you could possibly want or need (and many things you neither want nor need). Imagine if Wal-Mart Merged with microsoft into one mega-corporation, and then that mega-corporation went to war with every other corporation and absorbed thier power Highlander-Style, then used its newfound power to ruthlessly squish any competition, and you will have something of an idea how powerful Silph-Rocket is.

Breeding and Single-Gender Species: Some species of pokemon and pokemorph (Such as Hitmonlee/HitmanChan/Hitmontop, Sawk/Throh, and some others) only have a single gender for their entire species, with no female counterpart. So how, you ask, do they breed?

Well, they owe their continued existence to the town bicycle of the pokemon world: Ditto. Most of the Ditto that are found in the wild are the ones that decided not to take on the form of another species; the majority of Ditto choose a species of Pokemon or Pokemorph. These Ditto instantly become indistinguishable from the species they duplicated, and from that point on they are unable to ever change again.

Pokemorph Psychology

To clarify Pokemorph behavior, and give general guidelines for how they should be played:

Pokemorphs, whether they were born human or born as Pokemon, have an innate desire to bond with a human. This is a quirk of their pokemon natures, and while it may be weaker or stronger in different individuals it is very rare for a Pokemorph to betray or abandon a trainer once they've been captured. It is simply not in their nature to do so; in cases of extreme abuse they can leave and morphs are still intelligent, thinking beings - but their biological and psychological urge is to seek out a trainer, and even the most independent morph might find himself inexplicably depressed if he is separated from even a cruel and abusive trainer. It is the nature of Pokemon to adapt to their environment and their situation, and morphs are no different.

The Rules
1. We are all here to have fun. If you aren't having fun, tell the GM's, and we will find a way to make the game more enjoyable for you. There is no game without happy players.

2. The GM's run the game, but the setting belongs to everyone in it. If you want to flesh things out or run minor NPC's, do it. As long as you don't go too far with it, it is okay.

3. Obey all of Elliquiys rules and regulations. Period, not negotiable.

4. Grievances with other players should be settled civilly. If you can't be civil, take it to PM or ask for a GM to arbitrate. Greivances with the way the game is being run are also perfectly acceptable; talk to the GM. I will hear you out, and maybe even make changes if you can make a solid argument.

5. When you post, post a minimum of three sentences. Posts that are consistently smaller than this will get you a stern talking-to by the GM's, and if we cannot resolve the problem and help you write posts with more substance then you will be dismissed from this game.

Pokemorphs
Pokemorphs are different from others of their kind. They are born as normal human beings or pokemon, but at some point in their lives they realize that they are not like others of their kind, and slowly begin to change from their natural form into that of a morph - a human/pokemon hybrid form that is a mixture of their two species, and eventually they regain the ability to assume a pure Pokemon form. Changing from morph form to Pokemon form is a Standard action. The pokemorphs statistics are identical to a normal Pokemon of their kind, though morphs tend to be at least as intelligent as an average human, or more intelligent depending on their species.

Pokemorphs, however human they may look, are not human. They can be captured in a pokeball unless they have an RFID tag and be made to do battle just like a normal pokemon - a terrible fate for a morph who grew up human, if they are forced to do so.

Like all pokemon, morphs are able to pop out of their pokeballs any time they want once captured, unless the pokeball is equipped with a Lock Case, though most pokemon and morphs don't mind being inside a pokeball because it is quite a pleasant experience; you are not shrunk down or miniaturized, so much as changed into an energy form and placed in a form of awakened suspension where you can still perceive things around your pokeball but are in a sleep-like haze.

Legally, Pokemorphs have no rights except those extended to Pokemon (Very few) so many morphs try to hide their status if they don't look too 8-) obviously like morphs, though recently great strides in Pokemorph Rights have been made, and a pokemorph can have themselves implanted with an RFID tag that prevents them from being captured in a pokeball except by law enforcement agents with specific types of pokeballs (Law Balls), but having the implant also bars them from competing in league-sanctioned pokemon battles as a member of a trainers team, and they are still unable to be trainers themselves, as something in their nature makes it so that other Pokemon and morphs simply don't respond to them the way they do to full humans.

Breeding: Morphs and humans are always compatible breeding partners, as are most Pokemon, providing both would-be parents are the right gender (this limitation can be bypassed with the right scientific or magical assistance too). Morphs also ignore egg groups entirely; that limitation only applies to pokemon. The children of these unions have one move from each parent at birth in addition to any moves they know by virtue of their species and level provided that their pokemon species could normally learn at their current evolutionary stage.

The mother who is growing the egg (its always an egg, even if the mother is human) gets a short and relatively pleasant pregnancy; she spends a number of days (not months) equal to nine days minus her total Athletics ranks while growing the egg, and she is visibly pregnant during this time. A human or morph with the special Brood Mother Edge (which is available as both a trainer edge and a Poke` Edge for morphs) cuts her pregnancy time in half after subtracting Athletics ranks.

During this time, she needs to eat three times as much as usual, but otherwise she can continue on with her business as normal (this is because having a character sidelined is no fun) since the egg growing in her is VERY resilient; even if the terrible and unfortunate event occurred where she were killed while forming the egg, odds are it would still survive with swift medical attention. After the pregnancy period, she pops out an egg, which hatches in the usual time for its Pokemon species.

It is entirely possible for what hatches from the egg to look completely human, and it is not at all uncommon for people to realize later in life that they are in fact part morph. The truth is most people do have at least a little bit of morph ancestry, though it isn't always noticeable or at all significant. Whether this is because people just got it on with morphs a lot in the ancient past, or because humans, morphs, and pokemon all share the same origins, nobody really knows.
The following rules are in play in this game

Ground + Flying Types
Did it ever seem odd to anyone that Mud Bomb or Bonemerang can't hit flying Types? But somehow Venomoth and Beedrill are fully susceptible to earthquakes?

Here's a simple rule that addresses that; Instead, Flying-Type Pokémon resist Ground-Type moves. However, Moves with the Groundsource keyword (Earthquake, Magnitude, Dig, Fissure, Earth Power) do not affect Pokémon that are currently Levitating or Flying, regardless of Type.

Narrative Frequency
When the game says "Per day", it generally refers to one in-game day.

But in a game where there are often in-character time-skips in between days, we need something simpler. So this game is based on Narrative Frequency. "Per Day" will instead be interpreted as "Per scene" for our purposes.

For our purposes, everything still happens on either 'real time' or Narrative time - whichever is shorter and makes more sense for the situation, as determined by the GM.

Pokemon League Tournaments and Gym Challenges

Gym Challenges: Generally, the form a Gym Challenge takes depends on the Gym Leaders preferences, but the Gym Leader always sets a challenge appropriate to test the Trainer's skills as a trainer. The default rule is 3 on 3 battles, and the idea behind a gym challenge is to be challenging, but not impossible - it is not the gym leaders goal to crush all opposition, but to make challengers have to meet a minimum standard to win. It is not unheard of for a Gym Leader to give his or her badge out to a trainer who failed the challenge but still displayed the skills and determination to keep trying anyway.

Gym challenges are not always battles, and for some gyms the hard part may be just reaching the gym. A gym leader also may force a trainer to defeat any or all of his junior trainers before being allowed to take him on personally.

Gyms and Gym Leaders
Waveside Town Gym - Sandy- Ground - Turf Badge

Battle City Contest Hall - Jeremy LeFae - Fairy - Ribbon Badge

Eastern Island Safari Zone 1- Ranger Commander Andy - Bug - Swarm Badge

BloodFang Castle - Mortaire - Dark - Dusk Badge

Undercity Gym- Zerachiel - Poison - Pain Badge

The Haunted Temple Gym- Juliet Rose - Resurrection Badge

Battle City Trailer Park, a.k.a the Thunderdome - Bob - Normal - Struggle Badge

Coba's Dojo - Coba Toledo Wootz - Steel - Blade Badge

Western Battle Island Region Gyms and Gym Leaders
Willow Town Gym - Sola - Grass - Sun Badge

Dragon Cove - Masumi - Dragon - Crown Badge

Obsidian Town Gym - Riley - Fire - Inferno badge

Palm Cove - Rolli - Fighting - Muscle Badge

Professor Frost - Ice - Glacier Badge

Silas - Rocket Town - Electric

Kai - Coast City - Water - Surf Badge

Bryn - Crater Town - Rock

The Elite Four - Both regions share an Elite Four, and their headquarters is the Battle City Stadium.

1. Amy
2. Lita
3. Caden
4. MokubeX

Champion: Seraphina

Rhynarion

Sign me up for interest.

A few questions

-No one can force themself on our pokemon without consent, correct?

-No one is required to use pokemorphs on their team, correct?

-If we want to come here for the sandbox but aren't really interested in sexing up pokemon, is that allowed?

-Can we pick anything for starters or only the canon ones?

-All core classes are allowed?

-Any banned moves or feature interactions?

-I enjoy Ace Trainer but want to make sure Signature Technique isnt going to get me banned or anything. The effects are potent. Should I be worried?

-Do snag balls exist? If so, is this negotiable? If not, you are the bestest DM. Getting your starter snagged is way bogus.

eternaldarkness

To answer your questions, Rhynarion: Nobody is going to force your characters to do anything in any way, shape or form. You can choose not to use morphs with no real problem at all, though you'll almost certainly encounter them as opponents.

Starter Pokemon can be any Mon with the Underdog capability that has at least one evolution.

You need not engage in any activity you don't want to. This is meant to be a game for Pokemon fans of all kinds.

Snag balls do exist, but they are both rare and highly illegal, and you needn't worry about Ace Trainer - signature technique is fine, and all core classes plus the ones from the listed supplements are allowed.

Edit: Also nothing is banned as of yet. I have run PTU in a large group setting before and rarely found anything broken enough to ban, and the few things I did find got errata'd in 1.05, and in general I won't bother banning or house ruling anything unless it becomes a problem. Also, I'll reiterate: players are required to respect eachothers O/O's, but by the same token, this is Elliquiy and it's a game where sexual content will happen.

eternaldarkness

And to be perfectly clear to anyone wondering: I'm not a dick. The point of this game is to have fun. I will bend over backwards to let you play the way you want, provided you aren't ruining anyone elses fun, and I am always open to criticism. You don't even have to be nice about it. My skin is very thick. You won't hurt my feels.

If only more GM's were like that, right?

Rhynarion

Thank you for such a quick response!

Another few questions.

-You know the system better than I. Is a pokemon like Tyrunt with 6 weaknesses at such a disadvantage that you would be nuts to go with it as your starter?

-I have a question about Team Rocket. Should I PM you it or is asking here fine?

-Standard number of moves?

-Egg moves for starters?

-Inheritance lists for starters?

-In the hypothetical situation that someone started with a Tyrunt, is there any way that the Paleontologist researcher feature regarding Ancient Power could be applied to it from birth? I ask because it normally only affects a fossil pokemon that you revived from a Fossil; obviously this is impossible for your starter. However having physically offensive ancient power is desireable. Thoughts?

-Is GM experience required for Co-GMs?

-Can Co-GMs specialize in assisting with different sections, as per their comfort zones? Or would a Co-GM be expected to be able to GM all possible scenarios in the tabletop?

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Rhynarion on June 06, 2015, 03:12:28 AM
Thank you for such a quick response!

Another few questions.

-You know the system better than I. Is a pokemon like Tyrunt with 6 weaknesses at such a disadvantage that you would be nuts to go with it as your starter?

-I have a question about Team Rocket. Should I PM you it or is asking here fine?

-Standard number of moves?

-Egg moves for starters?

-Inheritance lists for starters?

-In the hypothetical situation that someone started with a Tyrunt, is there any way that the Paleontologist researcher feature regarding Ancient Power could be applied to it from birth? I ask because it normally only affects a fossil pokemon that you revived from a Fossil; obviously this is impossible for your starter. However having physically offensive ancient power is desireable. Thoughts?

-Is GM experience required for Co-GMs?

-Can Co-GMs specialize in assisting with different sections, as per their comfort zones? Or would a Co-GM be expected to be able to GM all possible scenarios in the tabletop?

Thanks for asking such excellent questions!

-Tyrunt will be fine. He's an offensive powerhouse, even with his weaknesses.
-Feel free to ask here or in PM if you're more comfortable with PM.
-Not sure exactly what you're asking, but in PTU Pokemon can have up to Six moves.
-Starters get one move from their inheritance list, which is all moves from their Egg and TM lists. Yes, this means your starter could have a killer move right out of the gate.
-You can apply it from birth. This goes for all similar features for every player.
-No experience required. Just a willingness to help out.
-You run what you damn well please, and I'll be glad to have any help at all.

Rhynarion

Excellent! Tyrunt is my favorite pokemon (Tyrantrum is most notably the pokemon thar sold me my copg of Pokemon X), but I have only ever really played Pokemon in the games (he crushed everything) and in competetive (he was treated as trash tier and/or a poor man's Tyrantitar).

Tyrantrum is exceptionally special to me because he strongly resembles my childhood plushie, Rex.

I have dabbled in PTU before and have OCDly read the rulebook five or six times now. I went with Skorupi as my starter the first time around because I was paralyzed with the fear of taking Tyrunt and having him be crushed into the dirt so heavily that it would ruin what he represented.

-Are you using the special injury rules or just the default 1/10th reduced max HP? I lean on the latter if it matters.

-Sign me up for Co-GM. I love me some pokemans, so being able to help keep this game running is something I am ready and roaring to do.

-Are certain pokemon impossible to find in this region? Personally, I want to know if Ralts are ubermonstrously rare?

-Are pokemon centers free?

-How do you plan to fluff TMs?

-Can there be custom moves, or even fluffing a move differently if it is mechanically the same?

*I ask because no Dragon or Rock type chomps is a travesty. I MUST NOM THE THINGS.

-What do you plan on starting?

-Do starters get the full inheritance list feature, or just the one move? I am not sure which to guess, as the mechanics imply that the one move is their 10th level inheritance move; leaving 20, 30, 40, ect.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Rhynarion on June 06, 2015, 03:58:43 AM
Excellent! Tyrunt is my favorite pokemon (Tyrantrum is most notably the pokemon thar sold me my copg of Pokemon X), but I have only ever really played Pokemon in the games (he crushed everything) and in competetive (he was treated as trash tier and/or a poor man's Tyrantitar).

Tyrantrum is exceptionally special to me because he strongly resembles my childhood plushie, Rex.

I have dabbled in PTU before and have OCDly read the rulebook five or six times now. I went with Skorupi as my starter the first time around because I was paralyzed with the fear of taking Tyrunt and having him be crushed into the dirt so heavily that it would ruin what he represented.

-Are you using the special injury rules or just the default 1/10th reduced max HP? I lean on the latter if it matters.

-Sign me up for Co-GM. I love me some pokemans, so being able to help keep this game running is something I am ready and roaring to do.

-Are certain pokemon impossible to find in this region? Personally, I want to know if Ralts are ubermonstrously rare?

-Are pokemon centers free?

-How do you plan to fluff TMs?

-Can there be custom moves, or even fluffing a move differently if it is mechanically the same?

*I ask because no Dragon or Rock type chomps is a travesty. I MUST NOM THE THINGS.

-What do you plan on starting?

-Do starters get the full inheritance list feature, or just the one move? I am not sure which to guess, as the mechanics imply that the one move is their 10th level inheritance move; leaving 20, 30, 40, ect.

-Default injury rules. They're much simpler.
-Awesome! Let me know what you would like to do and I'll give you the information you need.
-Everything exists somewhere on the islands, thanks to the baby boom and the safari zones. How hard a type of Mon is to find depends on the season, time of day, and most importantly what is most fun, and if you really want a Pokemon you can always search for it on the GTN and see if someone will trade for it
-Pokemon Centers are free, funded by the Pokemon League and Silph.
-TM's take several forms: simple pokeball-like devices that you load a pokemon into and use to scan the move directly into the pokemon inside, and ancient magical artifacts that do pretty much the same thing.
-Yes, as a matter of fact. New moves happen when a trainer with tutoring capability sets out to create a specialized move, or when Pokemon naturally develop a move over time for survival purposes. Pokemon can adapt very quickly to their environment.
-At first I'll let characters get introduced and see what they're interested in before I start dropping major plots on them.
-Just one move, but they still get their others as normal at the specified levels.

Rhynarion

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 06, 2015, 04:28:45 AM
-Default injury rules. They're much simpler.
-Awesome! Let me know what you would like to do and I'll give you the information you need.
-Everything exists somewhere on the islands, thanks to the baby boom and the safari zones. How hard a type of Mon is to find depends on the season, time of day, and most importantly what is most fun, and if you really want a Pokemon you can always search for it on the GTN and see if someone will trade for it
-Pokemon Centers are free, funded by the Pokemon League and Silph.
-TM's take several forms: simple pokeball-like devices that you load a pokemon into and use to scan the move directly into the pokemon inside, and ancient magical artifacts that do pretty much the same thing.
-Yes, as a matter of fact. New moves happen when a trainer with tutoring capability sets out to create a specialized move, or when Pokemon naturally develop a move over time for survival purposes. Pokemon can adapt very quickly to their environment.
-At first I'll let characters get introduced and see what they're interested in before I start dropping major plots on them.
-Just one move, but they still get their others as normal at the specified levels.

Excellent!

-I think Gyms, Random Encounters are a good place to start. I'm not sure what other subsystems you will need help with, but really I'm fine to work on anything except the naughty bits. Y'all can have your fun with that, I came here for the adventure!

-Excellent. Mission one: Find a Ralts

-Does this mean that I could have a Dragon-Type Bite/Crunch? Possibly replacing Dragon Claw on my list? I still don't get how he performs Dragon Claw with such tiny arms. If this is reasonable, how would you stat it? (I lean on bite more than crunch because of flinch)

-What are your favorite of the two training / orders? I personally enjoy Inspired and Focused paired because the amount of cheese on save checks can not be understated. With order and training stacked, you can only fail to act while paralyzed on a roll of 1. Critical Moment raises the ante even more. Toss in Enduring Soul and you're very difficult to hold still.

-I meant what pokemon and classes you planned to start, assuming that you are going to have a PC as well.

-Correct me if I am wrong... Can mentors eventually tutor egg moves? If not then the elemental fangs shall be forever out of my reach.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Rhynarion on June 06, 2015, 04:55:19 AM
Excellent!

-I think Gyms, Random Encounters are a good place to start. I'm not sure what other subsystems you will need help with, but really I'm fine to work on anything except the naughty bits. Y'all can have your fun with that, I came here for the adventure!

-Excellent. Mission one: Find a Ralts

-Does this mean that I could have a Dragon-Type Bite/Crunch? Possibly replacing Dragon Claw on my list? I still don't get how he performs Dragon Claw with such tiny arms. If this is reasonable, how would you stat it? (I lean on bite more than crunch because of flinch)

-What are your favorite of the two training / orders? I personally enjoy Inspired and Focused paired because the amount of cheese on save checks can not be understated. With order and training stacked, you can only fail to act while paralyzed on a roll of 1. Critical Moment raises the ante even more. Toss in Enduring Soul and you're very difficult to hold still.

-I meant what pokemon and classes you planned to start, assuming that you are going to have a PC as well.

-Correct me if I am wrong... Can mentors eventually tutor egg moves? If not then the elemental fangs shall be forever out of my reach.

-I'll help with both of these as well, but I'll love you if you drop random encounters on people.

-*grins evilly*

-Weeelll....if you look around, someone can help you with that eventually....

-Agility and Brutal. I beat a gym leader with a brand-new level 5 sstarter Squirtle by kiting her Chansey for 15 rounds and wearing it down with hit and run attacks. That GM was a sad panda.

-I haven't given it much thought because I'm thinking of stuff for other people :D but I'll probably play some kind of support character.

-Both egg and tutor lists, actually. Tutors are not too hard to find on the islands if you ask around. Getting them to do anything for you is a different story. But - everyone knows that Rolli, the Palm Cove Gym Leader (and former Champion) is somehow able to tutor any move if you can find and convince him.

JoanieSappho

Well, I did say I always wanted to play this, so I'll get to work making something.

Possibly a child of a Gardevoir whose Ralts starter is actually her half- brother/sister/whatever, since you were saying that the children of pokemon/human couples came out mostly human.
Also, anything off limits? Like hermaphroditic/intersex PCs, or incest with pokemon that are related to the PC or whatnot?

Also, League Legal stuff. I take it pretty much all trainer-based stuff is not allowed, like manipulation or any moves the trainer might know, making stuff like Provacateur not so useful in those cases, but what about skill use, like Guile or Charm directed at either the other trainer or their pokemon?

I'm planning on at least Trickster and Enduring Soul, for general annoyances, status and mind-messing, I just want to know what, past those, would be useful for the whole gym/league thing.

JoanieSappho

Oh, and is it just going to be standard league stuff, or are contests popping up/definitely not going to be a thing?

Miroque

hmm... PTU is totally unknown game to me, but change to play pokemorph... cant pass that up easily.. *thinking, while downloading the rules pack* What would be totally awesome pokemorph.. Can pokemorphs be form any pokemon, or just basic pokemon?

Edit: I think I would need some help with PTU rules, as how are we going to build our PokeMorphs.. lv10 pokemons or? And if they are ´captured´ how do we count the trainer edges?

JoanieSappho

Quote from: Miroque on June 06, 2015, 09:01:59 AM
hmm... PTU is totally unknown game to me, but change to play pokemorph... cant pass that up easily.. *thinking, while downloading the rules pack* What would be totally awesome pokemorph.. Can pokemorphs be form any pokemon, or just basic pokemon?

Edit: I think I would need some help with PTU rules, as how are we going to build our PokeMorphs.. lv10 pokemons or? And if they are ´captured´ how do we count the trainer edges?

Looking at what he's said (and not being a GM or having done more than make a couple standard characters before), I think pokemorphs work like standard Pokemon. So edges and all that would apply to you if you got caught,but you don't get any yourelf?

As for my stuff, got a draft of my character up!
Pokemon needs her skills rolled and her ability picked, but I think those are meant to be GM-done.

Going for a part-morph, aka not a morph, but descended from one/a pokemon, and just a little bit off of standard human.

Trainer: Nissa Marigold

AP: 5
HP: 53
Stats

HP: 11
Attack: 5
Defence: 6
Special Attack: 10
Special Defence: 9
Speed: 10

Power: 5
High/Long Jump: 0
Overland: 2
Swim: 1
Throwing: 5
Size: Medium
Weight: 3

Skills (unlisted are at Untrained)
Adept Charm, Adept Guile, Novice Athletics, Novice Focus, Novice Command, Novice Pokemon Education, Novice Occult Education

Background: At least She's Pretty (Adept Charm, Novice Command, Pathetic Combat, Intuition and Perception

Attacks known by trainer: Sweet Kiss, Disarming Voice

Edges and Features
Edges

Basic Guile
Adept Guile
Elemental Connection (Fairy) (+2 Charm, Command, Guile, Intimidate targeting Fairy-types)
Basic Focus
Basic Athletics
Basic Occult Education
Basic Pokemon Education
Features

Inspired Training [Training/Orders]
Enduring Soul [Class] Can ignore Base Relation regarding HP
Staying Power (Scene/Free Action) Pokemon may take a breather even if Confused/Enraged and does not have to Shift or become Tripped. May choose not to reset Combat Stages.
Trickster [Class] (1 AP/Free action (reaction)) When an enemy is hit by a your pokemon's status move/hazard, your pokemon can perform a Dirty Trick or Manipulate Maneuver on that enemy as a free action. This Maneuver always hits. (Use Trainer Guile for Manipulation)
Type Ace - Fairy [Class/Branch] (At Will/Extended Action) Your Pokemon loses 2 Tutor Points and gains either Type Strategist (Fairy) or Last Chance (Fairy)
Fairy Lights (At-Will/Special) Your fairy type pokemon can create 3 Fairy Lights as a Standard action. When attacked by an enemy within 6 meters, one Fairy Light can be expended to immediately either; Gain a tick of temporary HP, or; Make the Fairy Wind attack as a free action
Glamour Weaver [Class/+ Special Attack] Trainer learns Sweet Kiss and Disarming Voice (From Game of Throhs)

Pokemon: Cyrene
Species: Ralts
Type: Psychic/Fairy
Abilities: (Synchronize/Telepathy), Last Chance - Fairy

HP: 44

Tutor Points: 1
Moves Known: Growl, Confusion, Double Team, Teleport, Dazzling Gleam (Inheritance move)

Capabilities and Skills

Overland: 4
Jump: 1/1
Power: 1
Telekinetic
Telepathic
Naturewalk (Forest, Urban)
Underdog

Skills
Athletics: 1d6+2
Acrobatics: 2d6
Combat: 1d6
Stealth: 3d6
Perception: 3d6
Focus: 3d6

Stats

HP: 8
Attack: 1
Defense: 9
Special Attack: 9
Special Defence: 8
Speed: 7

Nature: Bold (+ Def, -Attack)
Flavour Preference: Like Sour, Dislike Spicy

eternaldarkness

Quote from: JoanieSappho on June 06, 2015, 08:34:47 AM
Well, I did say I always wanted to play this, so I'll get to work making something.

Possibly a child of a Gardevoir whose Ralts starter is actually her half- brother/sister/whatever, since you were saying that the children of pokemon/human couples came out mostly human.
Also, anything off limits? Like hermaphroditic/intersex PCs, or incest with pokemon that are related to the PC or whatnot?

Also, League legal stuff. I take it pretty much all trainer-based stuff is not allowed, like manipulation or any moves the trainer might know, making stuff like Provacateur not so useful in those cases, but what about skill use, like Guile or Charm directed at either the other trainer or their pokemon?

I'm planning on at least Trickster and Enduring Soul, for general annoyances, status and mind-messing, I just want to know what, past those, would be useful for the whole gym/league thing.

None of that is off limits, at all. Actually, this setting is one I ran elsewhere. Pretty much every NPC, and all of the Gym Leaders and Elite Four, are former PC's, and quite a few were here/futa, or something else entirely. The game went for nearly a year before it imploded.

As for league-legal Moves and tactics, you have it right. Most moves, even social ones, won't have the range to affect a trainer on the other side of a gym. But that doesn't mean those moves are useless - out in the wild and in non-league conflicts, they're quite valuable. Hostile parties might very well just ignore that Pokemon you sent out and attack you instead.

Quote from: JoanieSappho on June 06, 2015, 08:35:51 AM
Oh, and is it just going to be standard league stuff, or are contests popping up/definitely not going to be a thing?

What pops up depends on what players are interested in. But...note that the Battle City Contest hall is also a gym.

Quote from: Miroque on June 06, 2015, 09:01:59 AM

Hi Miro! I'm happy to help you. It's not terribly hard. As for trainer enhancements on a morph, if you have a trainer, you get them. Period. The rules are the same as for a normal mon. Statistically, they are Pokemon. As for starting morph PC's they are at their basic form unless they could normally evolve by level 10 (Like Buneary and some early bird evolvers like bug-types).

Quote from: JoanieSappho on June 06, 2015, 12:53:04 PM
Looking at what he's said (and not being a GM or having done mtmakemakemake a couple standard characters before), I think pokemorphs work like standard Pokemon. So edges and all that would apply to you if you got caught,but you don't get any yourelf?

As for my stuff, got a draft of my character up!
Pokemon needs her skills rolled and her ability picked, but I think those are meant to be GM-done.

Going for a part-morph, aka not a morph, but descended from one/a pokemon, and just a little bit off of standard human.

Stats

Adept Charm, Adept Guile, Novice Athletics, Novice Focus, Novice Command, Novice Pokemon Education, Novice Occult Education

Background: At least She's Pretty (Adept Charm, Novice Command, Pathetic Combat, Intuition and Perception

Edges and Features
Edges

Basic Guile
Adept Guile
Elemental Connection (Fairy) (+2 Charm, Command, Guile, Intimidate targeting Fairy-types)
Basic Focus
Basic Athletics
Basic Occult Education
Basic Pokemon Education
Features

Staying Power (Scene/Free Action) Pokemon may take a breather even if Confused/Enraged and does not have to Shift or become Tripped. May choose not to reset Combat Stages.
Trickster [Class] (1 AP/Free action (reaction)) When an enemy is hit by a your pokemon's status move/hazard, your pokemon can perform a Dirty Trick or Manipulate Maneuver on that enemy as a free action. This Maneuver always hits. (Use Trainer Guile for Manipulation)
Type Ace - Fairy [Class/Branch] (At Will/Extended Action) Your Pokemon loses 2 Tutor Points and gains either Type Strategist (Fairy) or Last Chance (Fairy)
Fairy Lights (At-Will/Special) Your fairy type pokemon can create 3 Fairy Lights as a Standard action. When attacked by an enemy within 6 meters, one Fairy Light can be expended to immediately either; Gain a tick of temporary HP, or; Make the Fairy Wind attack as a free action
Glamour Weaver [Class/+ Special Attack] Trainer learns Sweet Kiss and Disarming Voice (From Game of Throhs)

Moves Known: Growl, Confusion, Double Team, Teleport, Dazzling Gleam (Inheritance move)

Capabilities and Skills

Telekinetic
Telepathic
Underdog

Skills

Stats

What Joanie said. Also, great character Joanie. It perfectly captures the feel of the setting I was going for - human, with some Mon ancestry and all that reflected mechanically in her classes. You do build your own starter Mon, and I don't know what you mean by rolling your skills, but your sheet looks perfect.

Rhynarion

Sir Darkness, can you recommend the Rider class at all?

Also, what loyalty do our starters start with?

JoanieSappho

So, finalized character, then, with picture, description and brief background!
(Assuming that, like not being affected by the egg group rules, human/pokemon/morph breeding ignores the 'always same species as mother' rule, too, letting Nissa and Cyrene be full, rather than half, sisters.)
Nissa

Stats

Edges and Features
Edges

Basic Guile
Adept Guile
Basic Focus
Basic Athletics
Basic Occult Education
Basic Pokemon Education
Features

Trickster [Class] (1 AP/Free action (reaction)) When an enemy is hit by a your pokemon's status move/hazard, your Pokemon can perform a Dirty Trick or Manipulate Maneuver on that enemy as a free action. This Maneuver always hits. (Use Trainer Guile for Manipulation)
Fairy Lights (At-Will/Special) Your fairy type Pokemon can create 3 Fairy Lights as a Standard action. When attacked by an enemy within 6 meters, one Fairy Light can be expended to immediately either; Gain a tick of temporary HP, or; Make the Fairy Wind attack as a free action

Description
Small and wiry, with short dark hair and elegant features, this young bo- gir- .. honestly, at first (or second) glance, it's hard to tell just what gender this person is, unless they make an effort with their clothing and posture to suggest gender, in which case they could pass as either.
Nissa's clothing tends towards the practical and baggy, typically favouring shorts and an oversized shirt in warm weather, although she has an apparent love for jewellery, always wearing an intricate silver necklace, and often distracted by any jewellery that she sees.
Often, though, she seems to be distracted by nothing, seeming to only be half paying attention to the world around her in favour or some other visible only to her.
Under her loose clothing, Nissa has not been blessed physically, the contents of both her bra and panties being on the small side, even though the latter is distinctly nonstandard.

Background
The daughter of a junior Pokemon researcher and her Gallade Pokemorph, Nissa has long been aware that, although not a Pokemorph, she is different than most humans. After all, one notices that one has both girl and boy parts fairly quickly, and having a twin sister who is otherwise a perfectly normal Ralts is also a fairly large clue.
Although Cyrene was technically first her mother's and now Nissa's Pokemon, Nissa and Cyrene have always considered each other to be sisters, and have rarely willingly spent much time away from each other, both sleeping in the same bed since their early childhood. Recently, certain urges have started to develop as they both matured, but aside from some cuddling and a little bit of kissing, neither sister has yet tried to deepen their relationship, although this is probably only a matter of time.
Despite the typing of her father, Nissa seems to have developed no psychic abilities, although the fey nature of the Gardevoir line has begun to show in her, and she seems to have an instinctive skill with the charms and manipulations that the fairy type is known for,, as well as sharing their flighty, mercurial nature.

Capabilities and Skills

Telekinetic
Telepathic
Underdog

Skills

Stats

ShadowFox89

Going to make one more attempt at throwing Celia into this game, let's hope this one starts :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kckolbe

The book mentions selling captured pokemon.  Can you buy and sell pokemon in this game?  Is there some method for determining their worth?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Premier

Sign me up for this one! Time to make a new pokemun, a word I will spell correctly some day. Maybe.

I may just random table roll it and then DEAL WITH the consequences.

Warlock

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Rhynarion on June 06, 2015, 02:37:23 PM
Sir Darkness, can you recommend the Rider class at all?

Also, what loyalty do our starters start with?

There are no bad classes. Whatever you decide to do, you will find yourself having ways and reasons to do it.

Starter Loyalty is 4. PC morphs who have a trainer can decide what their loyalty is to that trainer and change it when they feel the need to, within reason.

Quote from: JoanieSappho on June 06, 2015, 04:11:12 PM
So, finalized character, then, with picture, description and brief background!
(Assuming that, like not being affected by the egg group rules, human/pokemon/morph breeding ignores the 'always same species as mother' rule, too, letting Nissa and Cyrene be full, rather than half, sisters.)
Nissa

Stats

Edges and Features
Edges

Basic Guile
Adept Guile
Basic Focus
Basic Athletics
Basic Occult Education
Basic Pokemon Education
Features

Trickster [Class] (1 AP/Free action (reaction)) When an enemy is hit by a your pokemon's status move/hazard, your Pokemon can perform a Dirty Trick or Manipulate Maneuver on that enemy as a free action. This Maneuver always hits. (Use Trainer Guile for Manipulation)
Fairy Lights (At-Will/Special) Your fairy type Pokemon can create 3 Fairy Lights as a Standard action. When attacked by an enemy within 6 meters, one Fairy Light can be expended to immediately either; Gain a tick of temporary HP, or; Make the Fairy Wind attack as a free action

Description
Small and wiry, with short dark hair and elegant features, this young bo- gir- .. honestly, at first (or second) glance, it's hard to tell just what gender this person is, unless they make an effort with their clothing and posture to suggest gender, in which case they could pass as either.
Nissa's clothing tends towards the practical and baggy, typically favouring shorts and an oversized shirt in warm weather, although she has an apparent love for jewellery, always wearing an intricate silver necklace, and often distracted by any jewellery that she sees.
Often, though, she seems to be distracted by nothing, seeming to only be half paying attention to the world around her in favour or some other visible only to her.
Under her loose clothing, Nissa has not been blessed physically, the contents of both her bra and panties being on the small side, even though the latter is distinctly nonstandard.

Background
The daughter of a junior Pokemon researcher and her Gallade Pokemorph, Nissa has long been aware that, although not a Pokemorph, she is different than most humans. After all, one notices that one has both girl and boy parts fairly quickly, and having a twin sister who is otherwise a perfectly normal Ralts is also a fairly large clue.
Although Cyrene was technically first her mother's and now Nissa's Pokemon, Nissa and Cyrene have always considered each other to be sisters, and have rarely willingly spent much time away from each other, both sleeping in the same bed since their early childhood. Recently, certain urges have started to develop as they both matured, but aside from some cuddling and a little bit of kissing, neither sister has yet tried to deepen their relationship, although this is probably only a matter of time.
Despite the typing of her father, Nissa seems to have developed no psychic abilities, although the fey nature of the Gardevoir line has begun to show in her, and she seems to have an instinctive skill with the charms and manipulations that the fairy type is known for,, as well as sharing their flighty, mercurial nature.

Capabilities and Skills

Telekinetic
Telepathic
Underdog

Skills

Stats

You are correct in regard to breeding, so they could indeed be full sisters.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 06, 2015, 10:41:37 PM
Going to make one more attempt at throwing Celia into this game, let's hope this one starts :P

Just make your character, smartass :P

Quote from: kckolbe on June 06, 2015, 11:02:15 PM
The book mentions selling captured pokemon.  Can you buy and sell pokemon in this game?  Is there some method for determining their worth?

I have never had this come up, but if anyone decides to sell Pokemon for any reason I'll come up with a reasonable and potentially profitable scale.

Quote from: Premier on June 06, 2015, 11:43:36 PM
Sign me up for this one! Time to make a new pokemun, a word I will spell correctly some day. Maybe.

I may just random table roll it and then DEAL WITH the consequences.

It's a Premier! Nice to have some of the gang back. I am curious and terrified to see what you come up with this time.

Quote from: Warlock on June 07, 2015, 03:23:20 AM

Think I'll join in if there's room left.

There's room until I and my Co-GM's say 'enough!'. Jump on in.

Miroque

At this scene, where Pokemorphs can be captured, I would assume, Selling one's pokemons might be extremely lucrative...

kckolbe

Quote from: Miroque on June 07, 2015, 05:50:33 AM
At this scene, where Pokemorphs can be captured, I would assume, Selling one's pokemons might be extremely lucrative...

But buying them could be extremely expensive.

Thanks for trying to incorporate that eternal.  I think I'll try a capture specialist
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Premier

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 07, 2015, 03:54:58 AM
It's a Premier! Nice to have some of the gang back. I am curious and terrified to see what you come up with this time.

MWAHAHAHAH.

I said I'd hit random and go with what came up. Seems I'm a Scrafty this time!