<Borderlands> No Rest for the Vault Hunter [Seeking Moxxi & More]

Started by ManyMindsManyVoices, October 17, 2012, 04:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AribethAmkiir

Well I did get Aribeth from NWN, fell in love with the name, not so much the character.

I've been carrying around Amkiir since UO (Ultima Online) like 10+ years.  I really don't know if that's what I did or not.  I was pretty big into Quenya and elves back then.  *shrugs*

Pentagious666

never really got into NWN more of a table top guy, used to play Simon of the open hand.  Lawful neutral monk based on open handed fighting techniques.  he balled his hand if he wanted to keep you alive.  So no on my quick communication Idea. it helps i think.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"I have what I need for your character Pent, so right now, PMs will work, and in fact, are best for what I'm doing right now."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Marcus's NPC profile is up, written by the man himself. So you know it's mostly true, like... 75%..."

Latooni Subota

I have a weird idea.

Phase Leap: This ability allows the Siren to instantly travel from one point to another, by warping space between the two points. I say instantly, but there's a slight delay beforehand while the Siren focuses the mental energy to activate the jump. Right now she can jump between 15-20 yards, though with more time to just sit and focus without distractions, she could probably leap further. If she can't see the destination, she cannot leap.

So instead of Phasewalking's slowed time run to a new location, it's and instant whole-body jump. She can't bring other people with her, or drag along large objects or anything. Sound workable?

Edit: Also, I found a picture. The goonies in the backround would be former Vault Hunters she used to team up with, and retired for various reasons. Am I the only one who LOVES THE HELL out of these armors?

ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 22, 2012, 04:17:08 PM
I have a weird idea.

Phase Leap: This ability allows the Siren to instantly travel from one point to another, by warping space between the two points. I say instantly, but there's a slight delay beforehand while the Siren focuses the mental energy to activate the jump. Right now she can jump between 15-20 yards, though with more time to just sit and focus without distractions, she could probably leap further. If she can't see the destination, she cannot leap.

So instead of Phasewalking's slowed time run to a new location, it's and instant whole-body jump. She can't bring other people with her, or drag along large objects or anything. Sound workable?

Edit: Also, I found a picture. The goonies in the backround would be former Vault Hunters she used to team up with, and retired for various reasons. Am I the only one who LOVES THE HELL out of these armors?

"Alright, I can get on board with that... I'm thinking of writing a special set of lore for the Sirens in this game (mostly filling in the blanks from the games so far). So, I'm thinking you can have that and I'll just take Phasewalk off the list, and say that they're related powers. Honestly, I'm hoping we don't get any more Siren interest right now, since there are 4 already in the story. Not that I'm bothered by 4, just that I'd like to get other female characters before considering getting more."

"Also, given the way the armor looks, and the power level of a Siren, you could say those three were actually goons she used to work with. Maybe she's got a bit of a bandit streak, or maybe she ran a gang on the planet she was from before she came to Pandora."

Latooni Subota

I figured she had a father/adopted father figure who ran a corporation that was competing with the Big Corps, and the goons were minions from the corporation assisting her in her 'dream' of finding a Vault. At some point I figure one of the Big Corps did corporate shenanigans and bankrupted/bought out the corporation from under her father, basically cutting off all of her funds/ability to keep paying her minions, so they all went off to do their own thing. Maybe open a flower shop or something. :3

So at this point she'd basically be still on the planet, with no support, trying to make it big and get revenge on whatever company screwed her over. Does that sound workable?

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Alright, I'm taking that literally, and now the big guy in the back runs a flower shop."

"No joke. Someone needs to NPC that guy."

Latooni Subota

I figure lefty is now a teacher, and righty is a butcher, as well. :x

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Alright, I'll happily let you run them as NPCs (given they probably won't come up much), you can even make them a single profile for all three if you really want."

Latooni Subota

I didn't really figure they'd be run at all, since they're no longer actually in the picture. I just made up excuses for them to not be around, lol. I need to go to work now, but I'll see about finishing a character sheet after work or in the morning.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Well, I totally think that big guy in the back should still be on Pandora trying to sell flowers, because Rule of Funny."

Cold Heritage

I, uh, left out age for now because I have him older than Circe, but until I know how old Circe is going to be I can't fill it in. That's why. But I figured I could post the rest, and see how it goes.

Name:  Acheron   Tagline: "River of PAIN, bitches."
Appearance/Description: Acheron wears fatigue pants with a gunmetal camo pattern, cinched at the waist by a utility belt where his personal digistruction modules are affixed. Black combat boots cover his feet, bedecked with aftermarket plates of steel riveted to the shins and over the top of the foot & toes to increase their kicking potential. A grey tank top covers his torso, bearing the Torgue logo. Over his shoulders he has bandoliers with very large shells affixed on a webbing rig that continues under his arms, where he has some grenades hanging over along his chest for easy access, spare mags located at his sides, and his chainsword across his back. He wears the dog tags of his old merc friends around his neck. Acheron's dog tags are distinct because they are not stained with blood, but are instead pristinely clean. His left forearm has a metal guard protecting it, and Acheron wears black, fingerless gloves on his hands. The gloves have been augmented with metal plates to improve their punching potential.

Durability: Excessive. Acheron is insanely durable without shielding. It is patently ridiculous how resistant he is to damage without a shield. Shoot him in the face with a shotgun and he will just spit the buckshot back at you.
Shield: Low. Acheron uses an old Torgue Tough Guy shield - the product line is discontinued. It features mediocre capacity, regeneration, and a high recharge delay, but it boosts maximum health.

Special Ability: Berserk - Acheron enters a killing fugue and gains much more massive damage resistance, health regeneration, movement speed, and employs unarmed fighting techniques to deal massive damage.

Weapon Specializations: Shotguns, Chainswords
Skills: Acheron's basically immune to pain and torture. Getting shot, stabbed, beaten, burned, shocked, exploded, melted with acid, run over, and any other form of harm hurts, but pain just doesn't bother Acheron anymore. Carrying on with injuries that would make three other guys dead is his greatest skill. Perhaps surprisingly, Acheron is an above-average driver in combat situations. He's used to driving sluggish, unresponsive beasts across chaotic, explosive-ridden battlefields to get to where he needs/wants to go.

Weapons

• Bastard Hulk: A Torgue brand triple-barreled shotgun. It features increased damage - both regular and EXPLOSIVE - over other Torgue models, with commensurately increased recoil. It uses up three shells per trigger pull (since it's firing from each barrel), but each shell also has a higher pellet count than other shotguns. The gun has only iron sights. It has a 'classic' Torgue appearance: big, cumbersome, and gunmetal.
  • A heavy-duty chainsword. In addition to its adamantite teeth that rip and tear through armour and flesh alike, it has a guard with spikes for added punch. It's incredibly loud, heavy, and slow relative to other melee options.
Acheron uses grenades, like any other Vault Hunter, but he does not have any grenade mods and his storage deck only has the basic three grenade capacity.

Background: Acheron was born on a planet owned by the Torgue Corporation, whose name reflects Mr. Torgue's uncouth and offensive sensibilities. He was tragically orphaned due to a freak explosives mishandling incident in the munitions factory that employed his parents, and as such, he became sole property of the Torgue Corporation. Raised to be roughly 400% More Awesome than the average orphan, the tough upbringing of walking away from explosions, an all red-meat diet supplemented by Mr. Torgue's patented MAN UP, PUSSY! brand of 'multivitamins,' and wantonly awesome brutal violence left Acheron well-equipped to serve as a member of the Torgue Corporation's private army at the precious age of 12. Of course, Acheron had already killed a man at age 4 - but that guy had it coming because he said that Acheron could not have a third steak pudding cup. He was stupid enough to tell a four year old who could kill a claymore-tooth land dragon with bare hands no. Acheron did the gene pool a fucking favour. After seeing combat and walking away from explosions in all the Six Galaxies essentially all day, every day, Acheron finally grew tired of the Torgue life. Eventually the allure of mercenary work grew, with its sweet, sweet promise of freedom from Mr. Torgue's daily canned rantings about explosions and making things explode and culinary freedom  (eating chocolate for the first time after looting an Atlas supply convoy may have influenced Acheron just a bit). Explosions are cool. But you could only walk away from so many of them without looking back before it lost its appeal. And steak is delicious. But you can only eat it six meals a day for so long before you just get bored of it and want, at least, to like have chicken or something. After some aggressive contract re-negotiations, Acheron was a free agent. There probably would have been a bounty placed on Acheron, but when you have killed an entire dwarf planet's worth of people, sometimes you just get to walk away, leaving sticky blood-stained foot prints. And getting those foot prints out is someone else's problem.

As a solo act, Acheron did alright. He was often subcontracted by larger outfits who needed a bullet magnet. Acheron fit the bill. After half a dozen outings where he was the only merc to return, Acheron was enlisted into an outfit called the Red Dogs. A dozen or so former members of various private armies with different skill sets and outlooks, all united by the motivation to shoot people in the face for money. The Red Dogs benefited from Acheron serving as a shock and awe force multiplier to their more conventional approach to combat, and Acheron ended up going on fewer suicide missions. This was not exactly to Acheron's taste, because those missions were - in his estimation - off several chains.

The Red Dogs were on shore leave on some backwater planet when Acheron's life took a fairly big turn. He was all by his lonesome on a station, and he was contemplating killing some local fauna for dinner when he ran into this little girl. She was on the run. Obviously hungry, exhausted, and without a hope in the world, it was pretty obvious she was the target of some heavy hitters when some serious mercs showed up shortly afterwards, pointing pieces and shouting that Acheron step away from the girl. And he was going do it, too. He was totally going to do it. But then she took his hand and said, "please . . ." Then all the mercs were dead, Acheron was covered from head to toe in blood, and the Red Dogs plus the little girl were all getting back on the Red Dogs' ship and the hell away from that planet. The little girl, Circe, became part of the Red Dogs, employing her powers as Siren to make the Red Dogs one of the premiere mercenary outfits in all the Six Galaxies.

Greed got the better of the Red Dogs. It took years, but eventually the bounty on Circe got to be too large and too sweet to ignore. The leader of the Red Dogs, at first, approached Acheron about turning Circe in. He reasoned with Acheron, pointing out that all the other Red Dogs were on board, and that if Acheron wanted to keep up with the merc life everyone was glad to let Acheron take possession of the ship and the franchise. Acheron refused, at which point the leader requested that if Acheron would not be an active participant, he at least stay out of everyone else's way. Again, Acheron refused, and it was at this point that the leader revealed that he had poisoned Acheron's food. Sadly, they had underestimated his intestinal fortitude, and Acheron went berserk. The last thing he said before he was reduced to incoherent shrieking and shouting was that he was going to put the leader's head through a bulkhead. Sadly, Acheron failed to fulfill this pledge: he only managed to get half of the leader's head halfway through the bulkhead, the hard way. The other half was reduced to a pulp by the time Acheron got that far, and by that time other Red Dogs came in at the sounds of excessive violence.

"Stop it. He's already dead." Cried the first Red Dog on the scene, Lil' Billy Qwikwrench. But Lil' Billy did not have to cry for long before Acheron used him to bludgeon three other Red Dogs to death. By the time Acheron got to Circe, she had taken care of her assailants. After spacing their former compatriots, the pair set off to Pandora on Circe's decision.

Sexual Interest/Boundaries: Basically vanilla heterosexual sex in-character. Out of character, not interested in having my character be a bottom/receiver. But, say, if my character gets strapped down and ridden hard by Patricia Tannis, I'm not going to complain. Also not interested in anything that needs to go in the Extreme section of the site.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"My first suggestion would be to drop one of the guns/specializations, since he's already such an insane face pounding melee fighter both unarmed and with the chain sword. His weakness should be the fact that he's not much good at a range."

"Also, just for the sake of not offending anyone, let's leave the name of his birth planet ambiguous. I'm not personally offended by the term, but some people find it really objectionable, and I don't feel like it adds anything. Also, I'd like to put 'multi-vitamins' in quotes, because for Torgue, steroids are probably 'vitamins', and give Acheron's size... Well, yeah..."

"Also, I'd like to hear what Aribeth says before I approve the character. I presume you two worked it out, but I'd like her confirmation."

Cold Heritage

Okay. I made the tweaks suggested.

I did have an aside that I couldn't really make work to the effect of Torgue's lawyers standing behind a scientific report by Torgue's top scientists that there was no causal relationship between the 'multivitamins' and muscular hyplerplasia and muscular hypertrophy, and anyone who suggested otherwise would hear from Torgue's lawyers after they got done oiling their pecs, but I just couldn't get it to work so I dropped it.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"I like it, and, presuming Aribeth is on board, I really like the connection with the two characters. Apparently, Sirens like having huge bodyguards of doom."

"So, I'm curious as to whether anyone has any thoughts on the setting of the story. What I'm thinking is there will be a hub, and most people will use Fast Travel machines to get around, so if you want to jump to a new thread/area, you can drive there or just take a New-U machine. If people are good with that, should the hub be Sanctuary, New Haven (from the first game), or some new made up area. I think I'll make a poll about it."

EDIT: "We now have an IDEA THREAD!"

EDIT2: "Oh... hello there 'Add Poll' button... Oh well, an idea thread is probably still a good... er... idea..."

Vergil1989

I haven't played Borderlands as I've said before and I thought just watching a few videos and stuff would help me to get a character going but I don't think that's going to be enough.  Sorry but I think I'm gonna have to pull out of this one since I wouldn't feel comfortable putting together a character for a game I don't even know lol.  You've done an awesome job giving out all that information, don't get me wrong, but eh, until I play at least the first game I doubt I'll get myself into this.  See you guys and gals and good luck!
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

ManyMindsManyVoices

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"We still have six other players who have expressed interest, at least two of which I know are in."

AribethAmkiir

Yeah, CH and I worked on the background together.  I've got tests for the next two days and a clinical on Friday.  I'll try to get my CC up Wednesday but no promises.

ManyMindsManyVoices