A World Without Heroes (Interest Check) (1 more Female Needed!)

Started by OHWceta, August 24, 2013, 11:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHWceta

OOC thread is up now. RP Thread is up!!!     We are in need of AT LEAST 1  more female Hero. So jump in before you miss out! The RP has only gotten 2 posts so you haven't missed much yet.

Corruption rules the Metropolis of New Keph City, it is a town of lawlessness and crimes, a city of vice and sin. Against all odds a group of men and women begin to take up arms, donning masks to clean up the streets once and for all. (Based off ideas like The Watchmen, and Kickass, I intend it to be a very dark RP though) No super powers, all heroes and villains must rely on skills, training, and smarts to survive.

So far all we know about the main villain is that his alias is referred to as "Hanzo". He is the leader of a massive corporation that pretty much owns the city. His thugs put down anyone who stands in his way and the cops are all on his payroll so they do nothing to stop Hanzo's gangs and their reign of crime.

I will be using This site to make my Hero identities, it is not required but a very helpful tool in making a hero for the RP.
http://www.heromachine.com/heromachine-3-lab/

To begin I need at least 4-5 other hero players, keeping a decent balance of male and female characters.
Aside from GM posts where I play as villains and other NPCs to progress the plot I will be playing 2 male heroes and later a female who helps the heroes. Players can pick either hero or villain, but all villain characters WILL DIE before the end of the RP.

Character Template----
Birth Name:
Alias: (Hero or Villain name)
Appearance: (Description, if you have an image reference, put it at the top of the bio)
Sexual Orientation:
Side: (Hero or Villain)
Skills and Talents:
Brief History: (Include why they want to become a hero as well as important life events for your character.)

My Character Bios: (Villain and NPC bios will be included as the RP progresses)

Birth Name: Frank Williams (A.K.A Franco)
Alias: Forte
Appearance: Average height, he's muscular but not bulky, costume makes him look much bulkier than he actually is. Reddish brown eyes and black hair.
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Side: Hero
Skills and Talents: Forte works best with guns. He favors accuracy and power to rapid fire weapons though he's been known to brandish SMGs with great skill as well. At close range, without his shotgun Forte is trained in martial arts and prefers hand-to-hand combat. Forte is also knowledgable with information networks, keeping himself ahead of the game when it comes to smaller groups of Hanzo's thugs. He's a master at sabotage and taking his enemies by surprise, though he is often at a disadvantage when it comes to getting ambushed himself. Another weakness is that Forte often opperates by prior planning of a mission and when they go astray from his intentions he finds it hard to rework the plans in the field.
Brief History: Frank knew little of his parents, his mother died in childbirth and his drunk of a father blamed him for it. Most of his young life Frank was more ignored than abused, he made his own life hanging out with the highschool punks, concocting elaborate pranks on the popular kids. After graduating Frank moved out with his best friend James Legarda and the two decided to join the police force. Frank was well liked in the force and found himself favored by many of the higher-ups, much to James' envy. Finally he was given an assignment of his very own to take lead in, while the chief did not assign James the assignment as well, Frank personally requested that his friend be included in the task force. Unfortunately after bagging the drug dealer Frank realized that his boss had gone crooked, James was killed and Frank left for dead. From that point on Frank vowed that he would put an end to his crooked former employer. It was shortly after that Frank learned of a costumed vigilante's killing of two of the cops on the force. In turn Frank donned a mask and began to formulate his own plot against the poliice force.

Theme Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6SgEzZ1RD0

Birth Name: Seth Harris
Alias: Salahiel (Archangel)
Appearance: Tall, 6'2". Muscular build, blue eyes and blonde hair. His wings are not for flying, they are actually a weapons rack to hold his swords, knives, and other bladed weapons.
Sexual Orientation: Straight (He's slightly homophobic)
Skills and Talents: Seth has an extensive knowledge of history and weapon use. Many of his fighting styles have been forgotten over the centuries or have been surpressed by the church for their violent nature. Seth can pick up almost any blade and wield it to perfection. He carries two pistols for when missions require long range but he prefers to keep things in close-quarters. Seth is also knowledgable in poisens and toxins from the time he worked with healers at the church.
Brief History: Seth and his brother Rick were orphans for as long as they could remember, Seth's first memories are of being taken in by the church. In exchange for a warm bed and a good meal, the two boys would perform chores around the church such as mowing the yard, removing coins from the fountains, and cleaning the altars. When they were of school age the boys were educated by the Christian school in the adjacent building to the the church, Rick was more fascinated by the outside world, longing to leave New Keph City, while Seth enjoyed the city life within the church, delving deeper in his history lessons. Eventually Rick would take up studying to become a missionary which put him closer to the head priests of the church while Seth studied with the medics who would offer to help the sick who could not afford expensive medical care at the hospitals. Unfortunately Rick's proximity with the priests led to continuous sexual exploitation of the young boy, and on one fateful night Seth caught his friend in the arms of the head priest. In a rage Seth killed the man, and as his friend looked him in the eyes, he was unable to live with the shame of what he had done, and Rick took his own life. Having realized that the church was responsible for the very same sins it preached against, Seth turned against the church. After leaving the church Seth joined the military where he served as a combat medic, after his first deployment Seth was put in Military prison for brutally killing a Muslim family. While in the military Prison Seth realized that the politicans weren't interested in making the world better, they were in this for greed. Upon release from Prison, Seth returned to New Keph City but found the stench of sin to be unbearable. At this point he took up arms to cleanse the city of its sins. Due to his religious nature and the blades he carried on his back resembling wings, Seth was known to criminals as Archangel. Also, because of his background Seth carries a black and white view of the world and has no room for grey areas in morality.

Theme Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS7CnRwTEWU

OOC Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=183757.0
RP Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=183771.0

----Current Roster----

Heroes
Salahiel - (Me)
Forte - (Me)
HercuLina - MzHyde
Paragon - Countdown0
DeeDee - Carlissa

Villains
Hanzo
Nihilus
Doomsday
Mr. Smith
Chief Martin
Charles Harvey
VexWolf - LordHarketh193
Blade - annarose
Predator - EndofDivine
More TBA

Neutral
Red Phantom - TheHangedMan
Nevermore - Hotaru37
Redeemer
Father Superior

Civilians
Anna
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

MzHyde

Birth Name:Lina Lyons
Alias: HercuLina
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian

Skills and Talents:
-Police Training: As a police officer, Lina has undergone rigorous physical and mental training. She is fit, able to keep calm in dangerous situations, and trained in a variety of self-defense techniques, especially holds and disarms. Lina is resourceful and assertive. Years working on the street have also made her fairly street smart and given her a small network of contacts.

-Boxing: As a hobby and a way to keep in shape, Lina has been boxing since she was eighteen. She is a natural southpaw and utilizes a mixture of 'swarmer' and 'counter-puncher' techniques; she applies constant pressure to her opponents, waits for them to swing out of frustration or a hasty attempt to defend, then capitalizes on the moment their guard is down to land a critical blow.

Appearance: Lina Lyons in person is a tall, one might say amazonian woman. Standing six three, with an athletic body well honed from years of exercise and physical training, she can be an intimidating presence. Behind the cool green gaze of this officer of the law lay a kind, soft heart. Once you get to know her, she's a normal person like everyone else; she loves to laugh, loves to relax with her friends, loves to have a beer and enjoy a lazy night. In costume, she shows off a bit of that iron hard body of hers, exposing probably more skin than is safe or necessary. Call it a diversion tactic, call it narcissism if you want. She doesn't care. The bare skin isn't what's important about her costume. It's the golden metal plates that compose the gladiator-like armor on her right arm and left leg. These aren't thin plates used for decoration. No, this is actual, hand-made armor. "For cosplay", she'd said to the place she bought it from. It's thick enough to block small caliber rounds and blades, heavy enough to add significant force to her right hooks, and kept under constant repair.

Brief History: Keph was never a safe place to grow up. One might expect a heroine to have murdered parents or some tragic back story, but for all intents and purposes, Lina Lyons had a rather average, boring upbringing. Her father wasn't even a police officer, he was a postal worker. The most he ever suffered was a dog bite every now and again. Her mother was a cashier and, though her store had been robbed a few times, she'd never been hurt. Lina had a happy childhood. What spurred her into law enforcement? Well, why does anyone want to be a police officer? A simple sense of right and wrong, a desire to defend the innocent and protect her home. She applied as soon as she got out of high school and managed to pass the civil service exam and the physical exam that followed. Her career in law enforcement took off to a good start when she foiled a bank robbery by being in the right place at the right time (withdrawing funds when two armed thugs busted in). Lyons found herself being promoted shortly afterwards, but the higher she rose in rank, the worse her career got. Red tape and technicalities saw more criminals go free than go to jail. Frustrated by how slowly the gears of the justice system turned, she decided to take matters into her own hands.

TheHangedOne

Birth Name: Aaron Carter
Alias: Red Phantom
Appearance: 5'10, well built, keeps himself fully shaved for tactical advantages. Brown eyes.
Side: (anti)Hero

Skills and Talents:
Biker: Aaron rode with a tough biker gang since he was old enough to ride. Not only has this left him  with a good knowledge about motorcycles, maintaining, and riding them, the tough lifestyle has given him a strong tolerance towards alcohol, and an amazing physical resilience. Plus, he's great with improvising weapons on the fly, and brawling; his style lacks sophistication, but is brutally, bone-breakingly efficient nonetheless.

Tinkerer: While not always having the proper equipment to do it with, Aaron has always been fond of disassembling things, and reassembling them in a way he finds better. He is also good at improvising things from junk, though said junk items aren't always reliable. This is actually how he was able to design his armor suit.

Pistolero: The Free Rider's, the gang he belonged to, was a pretty rough gang. As a general rule, everybody was packing a pistol, with there being a particular fondness for revolvers. He additionally maintains a black market arms dealer as a contact, from his time in the Free Rider's.

Brief History: Aaron's father was a mechanic. He was also a biker. He wound up dying in an accident around the time the kid was 16, but that didn't stop Aaron from following the same path as his father.   A native to the piece of shit place called New Keph, he fell in with a biker gang--not just for camaraderie, but for protection-- called The Free Rider's.  He worked with them, and for them, lived with 'em; hell, they were like an extended family, united by their love of riding, and somewhat reckless approach towards life.

It wasn't the first time they had a run-in with the corrupt police. But, it was the first time this had ever been anything except a brief skirmish; the police had actually raided their hideout, after they had molotov'd a police cruiser that contained the chief's son, an officer in his own right, resulting in his eventual death by asphyxiation.

Aaron was not there fore the fight. A few others were not there for it. Call them lucky or cursed; the other bikers have since scattered to the winds, possibly joining other gangs. But not Aaron. After he picked through the carnage and the bodies, he realized he had had enough of the bullshit in this city. Obviously, the random acts of anarchism weren't enough. No change would come from that; all that ended up causing was the deaths of the people he cared about.

He swore vengeance, and retreated back to his workshop. He would not emerge until a few nights later (45 days before the story starts up), making his first appearance as the Red Phantom. The first thing he did under this alias was track down, and kill two police officers, whom he left hanging from street lights by their broken necks, with a grisly warning: "What do we do when we have a rotten apple? We cut out the rot."

Equipment:
Biker Armor:
Boots are steel-toed with extra support, making them great for riding as well as hiking; and great for delivering kicks, too.
Pants are padded leather with padded metal knee guards, and sewn in chainmail that provides a substantial amount of protection against small caliber bullets and both cutting and stabbing implements.  Because a light-weight alloy is used, the increase to weight is only a small amount; however, rattling makes stealth a no-go. Exterior pockets on the pants allow for item and ammunition storage.
Gloves have metal knuckle guards, which have been further weighted, allowing punches to become far more devastating. Also offers a decent degree of protection (for the knuckles, at least). Thin leather otherwise doesn't offer much protection, but it has only a negligible impact on finger dexterity, as well.
The armored jacket is padded leather with additional chainmail sewn into it, much like the pants. It additionally has elbow pads, and a variety of hard and soft plastic inserts along the spine, and various other organs. Additional pockets have been sewn into it, and outfitted with kevlar inserts. This armor is specifically designed for protecting a biker in a high speed crash; the modifications simply make it that much more protective to melee combat, while also offering a modicum of bullet protection. Heavy, however.
Mask: Originally the sort of gasmask sold on the civilian market, in army surplus stores and the like. An old, steel, WWII helmet has been combined with aforementioned gasmask, and the whole thing is properly sealed. Interior padding combined with the thin metal exterior provides some protection from damage, however, this primarily serves as a point of intimidation, and for protection against most conventional gas attacks (tear gas and the like).

Taurus Judge: A six shot revolver that can fire either .410 shotgun shells, or .45 colt rounds. He typically carries a dozen rounds of each with him, and the gun itself half loaded with one, half loaded with the other.

Knife: A folding pocket knife, with clip. When fully extended, it's ten inches long, the blade accounting for four of those inches.  Single edge, kept well maintained and properly honed.

Dyna Wide Glide: A Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide, with some modifications to make it better protected.  No license plates, black and dark red coloration to match his suit.

A Poem

Black and red,
I fill my victims full of dread,
As they know they shall soon,
Be placed in the book of the dead,
Their body will hang,
In the light of the moon.

Perverters of justice,
I shall show them my malice,
Their end is nigh,
And I so do love to listen,
To that last sigh,
That escapes as the light,
Fades from their eyes. 
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

OHWceta

MzHyde, what a pleasant surprise! Glad to see you onboard with this RP. Weren't both you guys in my Gamer RP that fell apart?

Both characters were amazing! Approved. I was a bit iffy at first on HercuLina's lack of armor (Only because the darker hero stories tend to require heavy armor to survive the grit) but it fits the background you gave so perfectly!

I'm hoping we can get at least 1 more male and another female, maybe 2 females to balance the cast.

I'll have my bios up shortly, I'm writing them up as we speak.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

TheHangedOne

I made an addition of equipment, to give people an idea of what sort of stuff he's packing.
Check out my poet tree!

Carlissa

I didn't know they came out with a new version of the HeroMachine! Then again, I don't use it that often, so...

This is an interesting idea. I'm thinking of making a character that will be the "computer geek" of the team, who will assist the heroes from the shadows and use her skills in robotics and tracking technology to give them an edge on the battlefield. She'll be their "eyes and ears" from above, in a sense.

Or is that too far-fetched for a realistic super hero RP? I mean, she won't be building mechs or anything, but little things like hover bots with cameras and bombs on remote controlled cars and such.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

LordHarketh193

Character Template - http://gyazo.com/f43909164352c920d8631a92508b5cb6
Birth Name: Alexander Jones
Alias: VexWolf
Appearance: VexWolf under all that armour is just Alexander Jones your average muscular male. He has dark blue eyes. Long legs and long arms, thanks to his parents. He has brown hair with blonde highlights running through it. He has just stubble facial hair and brown eyebrows. He usually wears: jeans, a tank top and a denim jacket with a sliver watch and some black and sliver sunglasses and to add to that some black and white trainers. When it gets warmer he tends to just lose the tops and goes walking round with no shirt on and brings out the shorts to show off his long legs. He stands at 6ft also thanks to his parents. He usually always carry's some form of weapon on a belt he'll chose to wear everyday he goes out or stays in. He keeps himself clean shaven, everywhere, but he lets his stubble grow before he shaves again.
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Side: Villain
Skills and Talents:
Skills -
Shooting at sitting or moving targets
The ability to manover out of the way of someone or something
The ability to jump high thanks to his long legs and the ability to grab things at the height he can jump thanks to his long arms
The ability to sneak about in his less armour like clothing.
The skill to use blades to finish off or defeat enemies
The skill to sneak away from distracted enemies
Years of being a villain and not getting caught behind him
Able to swim and hold breath for about 30 minutes
Talents -
Out of his villain disguise he can play guitar and most instrument
To design and test his own kind of weapons
To build and make things
The talent to create a picture of a person or place and store it in his mind for future needs
Cook food and not burn it
Hand to hand combat
Can and has designed his home to have secret passage ways to and fro from his crime life to his usual one.
Has designed a defence mechanism on his house, anyone gets in without his say so and they face the defence he's set up.

Brief History: Alexander named after the place in Egypt due to his parents having him born there. He was the only child in the family and was always given what he wanted no matter what. His family was rich and very powerful with strings attached to every high ranking person in the city. Then one night he returned home after a little theft of his neighbours and found he'd woke the house. He was told off and told to return the items but insted he kept them and made fake's of the real things.

His criminal ways started there and so far hasn't ended even if he's got older. He steals from anyone, the helpless and weak the rich and strong their all fair game to him. He's never been one to follow the flock as he says but he tends to blend in with average day life even if he no longer has any neighbours next to his home.

On his 15th birthday he got a small blade and began to learn how to use it by the time he was 16 he already knew all about blades and the best way to kill with them as he'd experimented on dummies or live animals. On his 16th they got him a small pistol and by the age of 17 he already had every gun he could get his hands on, he'd stole most of them of course, he knew every nook and cranny of every gun he had and yet still no question was raised until his parents murder.

At the age of 18 he committed a very bad crime, the accidental murder of his parents. He had been playing with his guns in the garden when they came out and because they had startled him he fired upon them as he had been taught to do. Later he was released from police custody with a large house and mass amounts of money all to him. He began to turn his house into what he liked most, darkness and unique things.

He bought and stole things and never did anyone guess it was him, he made VexWolf and became the wolf of the neighbourhood, picking off those he hated most and stealing from those he cared nothing about. He soon became obsessed with certain dangers.
He keeps a large tank in his room, the far right side of his room, it contains a lot of foliage and two deadly huge snakes.
A Python and a anaconda. Both are brown to make it easy for him to see them in the mass of green.
They don't attack him as they we're his first pets. He soon adapted his intrest in snakes and dangerous creatures by buying more deadly things.
His 20th birthday brought 5 new smaller tanks set up in a newly built and designed room.
They all have dangerous snakes and reptiles in them.
The first tank as you walk in has three cobras, the sandy like cobra, the black cobra and the king cobra. All their venom was removed so they are no longer toxic to him.
Then in the tank next to theirs in the green tree snake's, there's about 3 in that tank all hidden in the foliage of the tank.
In the third tank just near the window is the two vipers, the Night adder and the True or pitless vipersTrue or pitless viper.
the last two tanks contain less venomous snakes.
He has a tank just away from the others with his most favorite snakes in there, the Milk snakes.
And the one just after the vipers is the rattlesnake tank.
All the snakes venom has been removed which cost even more money, but he's willing to waste money on things he wants.

He has a favorite pet as everyone does, his most favorite is his little milk snake, Sliver,  he carry's round with him when he's at home.

On his 24th birthday he stole a wolf from the zoo but sadly it escaped after a week and became wild. Then weeks later he went to Africa and became and hunter for a while, capturing animals then letting them go or stuffing them to bring home.
So Far he has 19 animals round his house that conceal his hidden passages or the defences he set up on his 25th birthday.

On his 26th birthday, one month ago, he stole 20 sets of jewellery and two pet rats to feed to his python.
He tends to let his snakes out of their tanks, even the python and anaconda is let out but locked in his room.
He considers them to be his largest prize yet as when they die he'll stuff them and hang them on display in his room.

OHWceta

hover "bots" are a bit of a stretch but I don't see why there couldn't be a character who provides logistics support, likely using a radio to speak with the characters on the field and it's not too far fetched to have some kind of remote controlled vehicle to spy around corners, with an attached camera, ect.  Either by a small car or one of those toy helecopters.

BTW, My own character bios are up on the first post for those of you who aren't new and read through the first post before I had the info up.

For VexWolf Just keep in that all the villain characters will end up dying by the end of the RP.

Countdown0

Is this still open for another hero? Could be a villain to, but I'd prefer a hero slot :P
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

OHWceta

We have 1 more male hero slot.

The RP still needs a few more females.

Countdown0

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Carlissa

Well, I guess "bots" was a poor word. They wouldn't have A.I. or anything, but would be controlled by my character away from the battlefield.

I guess you could say that the highest end technology she would use on the field would be something like this, except not as advanced. Smaller with less firepower, maybe. If that's still too far-fetched, then she'll focus solely on recon and such.

And we can make villains as secondary characters, right? Just in case there arn't enough villain roles?
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

LordHarketh193

Quote from: OHWceta on August 25, 2013, 01:26:22 PM
For VexWolf Just keep in that all the villain characters will end up dying by the end of the RP.

Yer i know and don't mind it at all as long as he dies being evil thats all that matters. XD

TheHangedOne

Hey, Ceta, I made a quick edit. previously, I had written "45 months" into my character's bio; I changed that to 45 days. I'm not sure why I did months originally, but, that was wrong. Just wanted to let you know.

Also, is his equipment good? I figure he'll pick up more stuff along the way, since he does like to improvise, but that's his go-to stuff.
Check out my poet tree!

Countdown0

Okay, here is my character. Let me know if he fits.

Birth Name: Bryan Mac Naoimhin

Alias: “Paragon” in the media, hasn't chosen a name himself

Appearance: 5'11” He is built of solid, lean muscle mass, weighing around 190 lbs. He is obviously very physically powerful and in excellent shape. Bryan's hands, wrists, forearms, elbows, shins, ankles and feet are practically covered in tough, calloused skin from years of training and practising his striking techniques. He has several tattoos, including the word “peace” in all non-capital letters on the inside of his right forearm, a picture of a sunset from the point of view at the western most point of the Isle of Skye looking out to sea across his upper back, and a set of scales crossed with a sword pointing down on his left shoulder. He has slightly tanned skin, and many scares, particularly on his arms, his chest and abdomen, and his back.

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Skills and Talents:

-Martial Arts Training: Bryan has extensive martial arts training, having spent the past 12 years training for 8 hours a day, every day, in seven different forms of martial art, spending 4 of the 8 hours training one martial art, and 4 on another. The martial arts are: karate-do, jeet kune do, muai thai kickboxing, brazilian jiu-jitsu, western boxing, taekwondo, and judo. His life has revolved around martial arts for the past 12 years, so he is extremely skilled in each of these schools, and is a true master in each, still practising every day.

-Mental Stability: Having spent so long training, Bryan is extremely calm, focused and patient. It would be near impossible for someone to intimidate him, unnerve him, or otherwise break his mental concentration. He meditates regularly, and is very self aware.

-Physical Fitness: Bryan is in incredible physical condition. He is extremely strong (especially relative to his size), very agile, flexible, and resilient, and possess amazing endurance.

-Parkour and Free Running: Bryan is very adapt at getting around his environment without climbing equipment, and where most would fall and hurt themselves, he can climb, run and jump just as easily as if he were on flat ground.

Brief History: Bryan was orphaned at a very young age when his house caught fire. He barely survived, albeit with quite severe burns on his back, chest and shoulders. His parents were less fortunate, and both perished in the fire. This led to Bryan being raised in an orphanage for a time, before being adopted by a family, whish turned out to be deeply involved with an organized crime 'family'. Growing up in this environment, Bryan ended up acting as a drug runner by the time he was 12, and a dept collector by the time he was 16.

It all came to a head, though, when Bryan was sent to collect a 'blood debt' from a man who owed his bosses money. He went to the man's house, armed with a handgun of some kind or another, and, despite not wanting to, killed everyone there... including three children all under the age of 8.
Feeling guilt overwhelming him for days and weeks afterwards, Bryan used some of his own friends within the crime family to get himself a fake id, and then left, taking hundreds of thousands of dollars of stolen money with him and losing himself in the world. For almost two years, he simply wandered, trying to escape from his guilty conscience, though failing every step of the way. After some time, he started training with martial arts fighters in whichever country he was in at the time, trying to find something to distract himself.

He started fighting in the streets for money, or for fun, or just to try and forget the faces of three dead children who he had killed. Then he started picking fights with people he felt deserved to be fought, like drug dealers, muggers, criminals in general, and for the first time in years, felt almost pleased with himself. This is what he wanted to do.

With that decision, Bryan decided that he wanted to train harder and longer. He spent more than a decade before returning home, now determined to find atonement for what he had done. He could just turn himself in, but the fact was that Bryan had brought evil into the world. It was time that he take some evil out of the world as well. He started with the crime family he once worked for, ambushing them along all their regular routes, which he was almost surprised that they still used, and usually beating them to either unconsciousness or even death with only his hands, and occasionally improvised weapons, eventually wiping out the crime family entirely.

Now, having travelled to New Keph City, he plans to continue his personal quest for atonement.

Theme Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVXTmav24Wk

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

OHWceta

Quote from: Carlissa on August 25, 2013, 01:52:38 PM
Well, I guess "bots" was a poor word. They wouldn't have A.I. or anything, but would be controlled by my character away from the battlefield.

I guess you could say that the highest end technology she would use on the field would be something like this, except not as advanced. Smaller with less firepower, maybe. If that's still too far-fetched, then she'll focus solely on recon and such.
And we can make villains as secondary characters, right? Just in case there arn't enough villain roles?
That sounds perfect. I'm thinking 2 important characters allowed per member, hero OR villain. More minor characters are also allowed, say, if there's a minor drug dealer or someone one of your main characters gets intel or weapons from, or a civilian who they tend to save more often. Since the hero team seems mostly interested in females then this would also include potential love interests who are not part of the heroes' ranks.

I'm mainly looking at a group of 5-6 heroes.  With characters deaths included I dont have any quotas for villains.

Carlissa

Another question: do these super heroes have a base where they all meet at, or are all of them run solo at first?

TheHangedOne

Personally, I'd like to start my guy off as working solo. It feels fitting for him.
Check out my poet tree!

OHWceta

Most of them start out flying solo, Part of the fun is trying to get everyone to cooperate with each other.

Salahiel isn't exactly going to be the easiest guy to work with.

Quote from: Countdown0 on August 25, 2013, 04:03:25 PM
Okay, here is my character. Let me know if he fits.

Approved, welcome to the team, now all we need are a few more girls.

Countdown0

Quote from: OHWceta on August 25, 2013, 09:37:23 PM
Most of them start out flying solo, Part of the fun is trying to get everyone to cooperate with each other.

Salahiel isn't exactly going to be the easiest guy to work with.

Approved, welcome to the team, now all we need are a few more girls.

Of course =D

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Carlissa

Okay. I'm not sure how my character could fight crime solo, but I'll figure something out.

Quote from: OHWceta on August 25, 2013, 09:37:23 PMApproved, welcome to the team, now all we need are a few more girls.

I'm working on it! I hope to get my character up by tonight, but it depends on how long her bio turns out to be.

LordHarketh193

SO....

The only villain here, should be fun XD

I'm going to be attacked by everyone, that means squabbles of who's going to get to take me in or whatever and that means sneaking away like i do.
Sounds just like fairy tail XD

Carlissa

Quote from: LordHarketh193 on August 25, 2013, 09:54:31 PM
SO....

The only villain here, should be fun XD

I'm going to be attacked by everyone, that means squabbles of who's going to get to take me in or whatever and that means sneaking away like i do.
Sounds just like fairy tail XD

*Kicks towards Fairy Tail RP threads*

I'll probably be making a villain character after my main character gets settled into the RP.

LordHarketh193

Carlissa

EDIT: Yeah sure I'm done whatever.

Birth Name: Danaynay "Deedee" Denmark
Alias: Deedee
Appearance: Deedee is quite the small girl, standing at 5'3 with a frame not built for combat. She is half Asian and half Caucasian. She is usually seen wearing clothing that is light and reveals a lot of skin, since she loves comfortable clothing that is light weight and exposes her skin and curves. She also rarely wears a bra, and occasionally doesn't wear panties either.
Skills and Talents:
Robotics: While Deedee isn't the most brilliant mind the world has ever seen (to say the least), her long-running interest in robotics has made her quite a talented inventor of multi-purpose robots. When given the right tools and resources, Deedee can invent some creative and useful robots for uses in the field. For example, Deedee could build a hover bot that provided useful birds-eye view of the battlefield so she can inform her allies of their opponent's strategies. She could also build scouting robots to survey a specific area that might be too dangerous to scout on foot, such as enemy territories or places with environmental hazards. She even has several offensive robots, although most of them consist of remote control cars strapped with explosives.

Radar and Tracking: The main role Deedee plays in the fight against injustice is to be the "eyes and ears" of New Keph City. Using old security monitors as a base, Deedee has modified the outdated hardware into a powerful supercomputer, effectively survey any area at any given time in good quality video. Deedee has access to the entire network of traffic cameras around the city, allowing her to survey all of the strets with ease. She can also use her robots to survey areas inaccessible via traffic cameras by looking through their built in cameras.  Her equipment is also compatible with heart beat scanners, infrared scanners, and night vision scanners. Using these resources at her disposal, Deedee provides useful intel to her teammates based on their enemies whereabouts and movements. She can see enemies coming from a mile away, and can warn her fellow heroes if they are soon to be surrounded. She can also help formulate battle strategies with her superior vision of the battlefield, given the battles are taking place outside.

Multitasking: Deedee's brain moves fast, sometimes too fast that the rest of her body can't keep up! This makes her a great multitasker though, as her quick processing skills make it easier for her to complete tasks and move from one task to the next. This comes in handy when she's surveying the layout of the city, as she can identify multiple threats at the same time from two completely different locations. She can survey cameras while controlling on of her robots, or even control multiple robots at the same time (not manually, of course)!

Technologically Creative: While she may not know the names of all the special parts that make a machine work, Deedee is great with technology and making stuff work the way they're supposed to. She can repair and upgrade many types of machines such as computers and robots given the right resources. She also loves to experiment with technology and invent new things, mainly small gadgets and robots.

Brief History: The history of Danaynay Denmark is fairly normal and undramatic. Her primary caregivers since birth were her grandparents, as her father was usually busy with work and her mother was never a part of Danaynay's life. She was raised in a small town in Texas, where her father worked nearby at NASA as a technician. She lived in a religious but diverse community and was raised to uphold an unprejudiced but strict moral code (something which Danaynay has trouble following to this day).  Nicknaming herself "Deedee" because of her disdain for her real name, Danynay was a rascal and a tomboy in her youth, preferring to play rough with the boys instead of play dress up with the girls. While not a problematic or bad mannered child, she was a handful to deal with. She enjoyed causing havoc with the toy robots she made as a child, a skill that would prove useful in her later years.

Her interest in technology grew after Deedee saw an old monster movie her father had on video. Fascinated by the robotic monster laying waste to mankind on the video screen, Deedee instantly became interested in building terrors of destruction for her own use. She began tinkering and dissecting her toys to see how they worked, and tried to improve them by adding and swapping crucial pieces (which usually ended up in her ruining the toy). She eventually moved on to building LEGOs and MEGABLOX, and soon after began building from models and robot kits bought at the store. She was a natural at building things, and eventually built her very first robot from scratch at age 9.

But building robots would only satisfy her desire for control for so long. As her experience with technology expanded, so did her interest in other fields of technology. She began taking interest in computers soon after she turned 10 after a few visits to the NASA center with her dad. There she was exposed to some of the most powerful computers and technology in the country, something that was a dream come true for Deedee. She learned a lot about how computers worked and how they were put together, and even picked up a few tricks on how to build them.

When Deedee turned 12, she was given an old broken computer from her father for her birthday, and was challenged to fix it. With the help of her father's friend, Deedee managed to bring life to the old machine once again after nearly five years of wasting in a closet at NASA. This computer was the first of many to be dissected and fixed by Deedee. Over the years she began to broaden her horizons by learning how to program computers and smart phones, which eventually led to her taking an interest in hacking. While guidance on how to hack electronics was near impossible to find (a dilemma she has never faced before), Deedee taught herself to hack by experimenting with computers and researching about hacking on the internet.

While Deedee's childhood was absent of any tragedy or drama, her life was turned upside down when she entered high school. Her father died when she was 15 as a result from an "accident" at work. With the main source of income gone and the declining health of Deedee's grandmother, Deedee's grandparents were running out of money quickly. Deedee was forced to get a job to help bring in money for the household, and her grades suffered greatly because of it. Even with the help of family friends, the household continued to struggle. Deedee was forced to move out of the house right after she (barely) graduated high school, and with no hope for going to college, moved to New Keph City to live with her Aunt Boo. While a nice lady at heart, Aunt Boo was the sister of Deedee's mother, who abandoned Deedee and her father right after Deedee was born. Aunt Boo refuses to talk about Deedee's mother, stating that "no one knows what happened to her".

Aunt Boo owns a small but growing real estate business in the city, where she buys old buildings and rebuilds them to put back on the market. Deedee has made one of these buildings her hideout, where she uses it as a workshop and a place to use her computers. From there she can watch over the entire city via hacking traffic cameras, and has observed the rampant crime that plagued the streets. Interested in helping keep the peace, it's only a matter of time before Deedee starts to take action against the unjust...

Personal Quote:  "Logic is one of the most overrated ways of thinking. If humans have always followed what seemed like the 'logical' way of thinking or the 'logical' way of life, then the human race would never have come this far..."

Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFJ1jWnRMS4&list=FLRhlzarF5yWdSLmngq5lVQA&index=3

((Might be too epic for her, but whatever))