Skull & Shackles: Pirates of the Skies [Pathfinder | Now closed]

Started by Heady Dionysus, November 29, 2017, 02:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil Tanner

Well I mean...you might want to double check with the GM, since teeeeechnically the deadline has passed. ;) But I can't see it being an issue personally.

And LOL. Well, to be fair, Arri has been a pirate AND a pirate hunter in the past before being pressganged, so...she's up for anything ;)
"You sorry, lousy lots! You're gonna be pirates, or we're gonna- You, girl, why do you look so happy?"
"DO I GET A HAT?!"
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Vreski

Vera will happily become a pirate if it means she'll be getting lots of booty.  ;)

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: Changingsaint on December 07, 2017, 01:11:49 AM
Mine is NG, he'll be a pirate. It might involve sliding down to a less good alignment, or maybe he can just prefer to fight non lethally - either way, piracy is the name of the game, I don't think it allows for the goody two shoes types specifically due to us having to do less savory things eventually.

We have two paladins....
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Revelation

We do but even the op says normal paladins aren't recommended.

Saric

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on December 07, 2017, 01:34:54 AM
We have two paladins....

Both are Vindictive Bastards which removes the alignment requirement and gives them Vengeful Smite so they smite people who dealt them or their allies hp damage. Also their both chaotic. :P
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Heady Dionysus

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 07, 2017, 01:14:46 AM
well... Emergency passed. My poor old dog - my poor, really old dog - has been having a really rough day. But things seem okay now after a trip to the vet and some fun new pain pills for the old bastard and his arthritis.

Siiiince I see the htread is still open and no calls have been made, I might as well jump in on this still!

It's just a question of which of the three do I go with between a gnome kineticist, a Human fighter or Samurai, or a Halfling rogue (because, apparently, Chulanowa just cannot not contemplate halfling rogues) Stay tuned to find out!
Quote from: Vergil Tanner on December 07, 2017, 01:28:31 AM
Well I mean...you might want to double check with the GM, since teeeeechnically the deadline has passed. ;) But I can't see it being an issue personally.
No real issues.  Carry on Chulanowa.

Quote from: Changingsaint on December 07, 2017, 01:36:35 AM
We do but even the op says normal paladins aren't recommended.
My bad.  I probably meant to say the normal LG paladin is not recommended, since their code of conduct prevents them from associating with Evil characters (which, let's face it, they will have to).  If an archetype bypasses that required conduct, there shouldn't be a real problem.
Discord ID: Heady Dionysus#8726

eBadger

We have two paladins....

Yeah, curious how they'd play out.  Although in truth many of the great Pirates were both legal, in their own way, and explicitly religiously motivated. 

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: eBadger on December 07, 2017, 01:38:54 AM
Yeah, curious how they'd play out.  Although in truth many of the great Pirates were both legal, in their own way, and explicitly religiously motivated.

Those would be privateers, not pirates.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

indarkestknight

We have two paladins....

Correction, we have to ex-paladins. Vindictive bastard is explicitly an ex-paladin archetype.

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 07, 2017, 01:14:46 AM
well... Emergency passed. My poor old dog - my poor, really old dog - has been having a really rough day. But things seem okay now after a trip to the vet and some fun new pain pills for the old bastard and his arthritis.

Siiiince I see the htread is still open and no calls have been made, I might as well jump in on this still!

It's just a question of which of the three do I go with between a gnome kineticist, a Human fighter or Samurai, or a Halfling rogue (because, apparently, Chulanowa just cannot not contemplate halfling rogues) Stay tuned to find out!

Glad to hear the emergency has passed and the old dog is still kicking, Chulanowa.

Mm... shortstacks. I entirely blame Incase's excellent Alfie (NSFW link, though honestly, what are you doing on E if you can't browse NSFW stuff right now) webcomic for finding halflings attractive now.

RobyntheWitch

Vergil Tanner

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

eBadger

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on December 07, 2017, 01:46:00 AM
Those would be privateers, not pirates.

Mmm.  I do understand the technical difference, but trying to claim a privateer isn't a pirate is a very difficult task, I think, and very much depends whose side you're on. 

Edit: Note that one of the best paladins I've ever played once chopped a kid's hand off in the market square for trying to steal some bread to avoid starvation.  So...yeah. 

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on December 07, 2017, 02:04:14 AM
SO GM!!! WHO'S MAKING THE SHANGHAI CUT?!!!

Just because he is kind, it doesn't mean we can rush him!

eBadger

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 07, 2017, 02:10:45 AM
Just because he is kind, it doesn't mean we can rush him!

In fact, this might be a good time to fluff his pillow, give him a nice massage, fetch an alcoholic drink, accidentally spill said drink on the list of other names, then distract him with tits. 

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: eBadger on December 07, 2017, 02:12:51 AM
In fact, this might be a good time to fluff his pillow, give him a nice massage, fetch an alcoholic drink, accidentally spill said drink on the list of other names, then distract him with tits.

I will take care of the tits in his face, you do the rest!

eBadger

Or I suppose we could just capture him and drag him off to Nassau for ransom.  I really ought to be thinking more like a pirate here. 

Vergil Tanner

I'm just impatient >.>

Just saying, both versions of Arri are in the middle of giving him the most enthusiastic double titfuck blowjob EVER. XD

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on December 07, 2017, 02:25:19 AM
I'm just impatient >.>

Just saying, both versions of Arri are in the middle of giving him the most enthusiastic double titfuck blowjob EVER. XD

You cheeky bastard!

Chulanowa

Well, I see other people with multiple characters, so, I might as well! I actually have a third, but sadly, Tengu are not on the race list. Maybe Jackdaw Clatter will be available for a future game! Also, I defy your massive titty paradigm! Defy, I say!

Name: Josie "Sticks" Brasskeddle
Age/Gender/Race: 22 / Female / halfling
Class/Level: Unchained Rogue 1
Concept: Nautical Lifer (Eye for Plunder trait)
Personality: Sticks is by nature an easy-going, roll-with-the-punches sort; if the storm is coming, there's nothing you can do but bear it out, right? She's also quick to find opportunity; She likes to think she's three steps ahead of everyone else. Naturally this leads to an overconfident sort of bravado. She's good enough to get away with it, most of the time. She doesn't worry too much about privacy or personal space; spend a few months crammed shoulder to shoulder on a boat full of halflings, see how your sense of privacy fares! She's definitely a sailor, quick with the rude or lewd jokes, knows how to ask for directions to the tavern, brothel, and physick in every language spoken in the shackles, and will happily stab you in the face if you cheat at cards.
PC's casual Ons: Wealth, the wind in her hair, cash, a well-balanced dagger, moolah, piggyback rides from larger people, riches, Cayden Cailean, lucre, butterscotch rum.
PC's casual Offs: Salted fish, watered liquor, sand (It’s coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere), short jokes, bean counters.
PC's sexual Ons: Casual flings, partners who can pick her up, men and women who are prettier than her, hunky halfling men who enjoy anal (giving or receiving, she's good either way), showing off
PC's sexual Offs: Cocks bigger than her arm, filthy people, ectotherms, tentacles, and multiple rows of teeth (Hard pass on the sahuagin and grindylow, thanks.)
Background: Josie's always been at sea. Well, barring her childhood growing up in the community of Rumbutter, at least. But besides that, she's always been on the water. Hauling nets with Pa there on Bag Island, or mending sails on the docks, or -after she was older - serving as "cabin boy" for one of the ships of the island on a raid against slavers! No, Josie - Sticks, as she's come to be called - is no stranger to the nautical life... Her latest stint was as a, well, let's say an agent of collection aboard the Merry Raptor. It was her nose for the goods that found a stash of rubies hidden in the beams of their last take, from which Captain Gloves gave her a nice finder's fee! She should have known better than to flash the wealth in a place like Port Peril, but a lovely looker had caught her eye and a bit of rum had dulled her good sense. In retrospect she's not too surprised at having been mugged; but being clobbered, sacked and dragged aboard a new ship is a bit of a surprise...

Name: Keely Truffwhizzit
Age/Gender/Race: 56 / Female / Gnome
Class/Level: Kineticist 1
Concept: Water Weirdo (Touched By the Sea trait)
Personality: Keely is irrepressible. Everything has a silver lining! Some might think her naive, but she's not; she makes a conscious effort to be upbeat, is all. She feels a deep connection to the sea and its mysteries, and actually considers herself a druid. of sorts. In a fashion. Well, she worships Gozreh, at least, and that's kind of Druid-like. Like any gnome worth a damn she has an insatiable curiosity about everything, but she doesn't like to reveal too much about herself or where she comes from; Kind of prone to making up stories about that. But that's okay, everyone loves a story! She's prone to developing random interests in random things.
PC's casual Ons: Exploration, nice people, taking in the local color, bizarre and spicy foods, and whatever the hell she's collecting at any given moment (before her abduction, she was collecting lizards. Who knows, now?)
PC's casual Offs: Imprisonment, arid environments, being angry, being treated like a child because damn it she's older than you!
PC's sexual Ons: Will try anything once. Would like to try group sex a second time. Actually relatively inexperienced. Prefers boys, maybe? Might prefer girls? Might be a mineralsexual? Never know til you try!
PC's sexual Offs: Will try anything once. Doesn't care to repeat the pee experiment, doubts other bodily emissions will be thrilling. Finds bondage funny more than sexy, because she always gets out of it.
Background: The gnomes of Gogpodda are a weird sort, even according to other gnomes. Their floating trash-city is one of those things that even other fey consider a tall tale until they see it for themselves. They rarely stay long, one can only look at a city of jetsam so long before getting bored. That means Keely, who was born in the place, is extra-strange! That was true even before her abilities manifested. Always underfoot (and often underwater), Keely flitted from interest to interest, project to project, until ten scant years ago. She doesn't quite remember what caused it, only that something made her really quite very mad, and the center of the city exploded in a pillar of flailing seawater and floating trash. After the oooh'ing and ahhh'ing and hysterical screaming in panic stopped, the gnomes of Gogpodda had to figure out what to do with this unknown ability!
   Grand High Current Engineer Evanrood Gogmezzler Flautinbruntwick had the idea - and it was a very good idea, most of the council agreed - to use Keely to achieve the community's long-desired goal of controlled movement. After all it was only fair, with the damage she had caused, that she repay the community with a few years strapped down making the water do its pushy-pushy thing, right? Well, needless to say Keely didn't agree to this plan to make her into an Evanrood's Onboard Motorizer, and thankfully neither did a few council members. She found her bonds cut, and she was hustled onto a dinghy that put out to sea.
   Since then, Keely's been drifting, figuratively and literally. Coming to terms with her powers took a while. Learning to control them in a useful way took even longer, and only just recently has she began to explore the why's and how's of the nature of her skills. As far as she can tell, she's some sort of weird elemental druid, or maybe touched by aquatic fae, or something. So far no one has the answers, so she has to make them up as she goes along! She was just about to take her leave of Port Peril after an unsuccessful knowledge hunt, when she felt a blow from behind... Apparently Grand High Current engineer Flautinbruntwick isn't the only person to see practical value of a water weird!

kingmaster1

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on December 07, 2017, 02:25:19 AM
I'm just impatient >.>

Awww, cheating! Camilla is getting in there! ><

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: kingmaster1 on December 07, 2017, 03:00:57 AM
Awww, cheating! Camilla is getting in there! ><

Quick! We will show those twins how it is really done!

kingmaster1

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: kingmaster1 on December 07, 2017, 03:06:04 AM
Yeah! Make way for the titty fuck brigade!
The shortstacks will pop him like a cork! Those lovely breasts of theirs will be covered with his approval!

kingmaster1

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 07, 2017, 03:11:09 AM
The shortstacks will pop him like a cork! Those lovely breasts of theirs will be covered with his approval!

Depending on how pent up he is it'll be their breasts, faces, and hair possibly XD

RobyntheWitch