General OWoD RP Thread?

Started by Korbl, March 27, 2009, 04:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korbl

after a good bit of random conversation on the SB, it has come to my attention that this place needs just kinda a general OWoD RP thread, does it not?

Maybe some kind of bar that's neutral ground for supernaturals, (thinking Lar's night club from Angel?) just for people to bring in some personas and have a bit of fun as their favorite supernatural.

sound good?
Ons/Offs

My A&As

Find out where I've journeyed
on the Map of Human Sexuality!

Dizzied

I always thought that sort of place would be nice.  Unfortunately, the old world of darkness always seemed a bit too tense for everyone to set aside their differences and just have a drink.  You know that the werewolves would be talking trash to the vampires, and the technocracy would try and raid the place sooner or later.

Of course, I'm always willing to bend things for a good bit of fun.  You won't see me complaining if the ahrouns and brujah have a friendly arm wrestle. 

Caliban

Count me in!  And now I don't need to run my own oWoD chronicle here!  Thanx!
Okay, what are your guidelines?
"All jocks think about is sports.  All nerds think about is sex." Somewhere at the edge of the bell curve is the girl for me.
"Take off your clothes.  And roll for initiative." I burn for you: I Cor. 7:9
System RP: Shadows of Terramar (d20 fantasy) * Pulp Scripture (WoD contemporary supernatural) * Perfidious Albion (GURPS steampunk)
Do the rocks in my head fit the holes in yours? --> Oohs and Ahhs
Meae Culpae (A&A)

Strangelildedgrl

me toooo!!!!  and i'm all about amalgam games...used to play them in tabletop...you'd have a toreador, a pookah, a get of fenris, a son of ether...all hangin together...good times

Korbl

well, first there's the fact that it's easier for people to hate each other if they don't know each other. Then there's the fact that neutral ground doesn't mean no fights, it means if you pick a bar brawl you're getting thrown out.

My guidelines? meh, none really, it's just to be a casual IC RP thread, I'm not even going to worry about mechanics, people can worry about that themselves if they care and it comes up.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

Strangelildedgrl

Awesome...could make it at the Succubus Club...*sighs remembering all the games held there*  That place was always riddled with more than just vamps.

Korbl

I think I've got that book, I'll take a look
Ons/Offs

My A&As

Korbl

Ons/Offs

My A&As

Lycan Queen

Zeon Twilight and I were thinking of bringing our two characters from the old WoD LARP we go to at Dragoncon. Me as an 8th gen Brujah and him as a former member of the Order of Hermes. We will be posting soon if you will have us, thanks for the awesome opportunity!

Strangelildedgrl

please come over!  i'm sitting on my character in the club all alone!!! 

Transgirlenstein

Might be tempted to but my only OWOD characters were a hunter (though she was the ex slave of a vampire) and a mage.  Maybe make up a Glasswalker?
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Tatterdemalion

Quote from: trippingsatyr on April 02, 2009, 03:30:54 PM
Might be tempted to but my only OWOD characters were a hunter (though she was the ex slave of a vampire) and a mage.
I doubt that a Hunter would feel very comfortable in the company of leeches; but if you wished to write up a mage, there's no real reason why a Hollow One or some other sort of an Orphan couldn't get along famously with the Kindred. I might put together one of those myself.

Caliban

Quote from: Tatterdemalion on April 02, 2009, 08:06:11 PMI doubt that a Hunter would feel very comfortable in the company of leeches
What about an Innocent, a Martyr, or an Avenger who was willing to ally with some supernaturals against others who were worse?  Innocents are friendly toward supernaturals; while a Martyr might be convinced to sacrifice themselves so that a leech would not prey upon an innocent.  My leech enjoys nothing better than corrupting some innocent or other good soul...
Quoteif you wished to write up a mage, there's no real reason why a Hollow One or some other sort of an Orphan couldn't get along famously with the Kindred. I might put together one of those myself.
Yup, and Ecstatics and Verbena and Hermetics and even Sons of Ether work well.  Dreamspeakers and Akashics tend to be prejudiced against Kindred, and Euthanatos basically have a "shoot on sight" policy.
"All jocks think about is sports.  All nerds think about is sex." Somewhere at the edge of the bell curve is the girl for me.
"Take off your clothes.  And roll for initiative." I burn for you: I Cor. 7:9
System RP: Shadows of Terramar (d20 fantasy) * Pulp Scripture (WoD contemporary supernatural) * Perfidious Albion (GURPS steampunk)
Do the rocks in my head fit the holes in yours? --> Oohs and Ahhs
Meae Culpae (A&A)

Tatterdemalion

Quote from: Caliban on April 02, 2009, 11:45:53 PM
What about an Innocent, a Martyr, or an Avenger who was willing to ally with some supernaturals against others who were worse?

Those could fit in, true enough: sorry to say, my instinctive reaction to Hunters has been coloured by the common "psychos hearing voices telling them to kill" stereotype. And a splat isn't supposed to define every aspect of a character's personality anyway, so it's quite possible to come up with a (semi)plausible explanation why even exceedingly unlikely characters might have a reason to spend a while at the club. A HIT Mark on a reconnaissance mission? Well... Maybe.

Hmm. Speaking of the Technocracy, are we talking about 2e or Revised era here? Or just ignoring the metaplot completely?

Transgirlenstein

She was a martyr in fact.  She had been a vampire slave until she had killed him bad became a hunter, sacrificing herself to save others.
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0