Star Wars (interest check)

Started by elfguy, June 02, 2010, 01:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novak

Character sheet

Appearance:   

Name: Darth Kovan

Class: Sith Master

Equipment: Red lightsaber with an all black hilt and armor close to mado armor under his cloak.

Bio: Marer Grill was born on Naboo and was quickly Identified as force sensitive.  Trained as a jedi and eventually made a master and sat on the counsil.  He disagreed with some of the ways jedi were denied simple emotions which he felt were vital to any living being.  He left the counsil and the order to travel on his own.  Along his travels he came across Korriban the home planet of the sith where he learned more of there culture and under the shroud of the darkside began to buy into their belifes and became a sith master taking on a young apprentice.

Limits:  Very powerful but his compassion for others is still a character trait that sometimes leaves him conflicted and vulnerable

elfguy

Quote from: bigwad73 on June 05, 2010, 12:42:34 PM
RubySlippers, there should be Republic military officers at this point.  Why couldn't you play one?

And Elfguy, we may want to have one thread per planet/nearby space so that the RP make a bit more sense when you read it.  Or, do you consider that divisive?  Perhaps everyone should start their post with their Character Name and location if we only use one thread total?

No I prefer one thread if at all possible. You will of course be able to start your first post with the picture of your char. I will start the thread tonight.
----

Love And Submission

I'm kind of intrested in being a smuggler. Are they still open or do you just want republic characters  right now?

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

elfguy

We don't have a smuggler yet so feel free to join.

BTW the way we'll keep the IC thread sane, is I'll ask everyone to start their posts with the name of your current location in bold.
----

bigwad73

That's what I meant.  ;)  Not the first post, but each post.  Anyway, yes, that should help.
Bad puns!  Horrible jokes!  Odd SF and Fantasy references!  Mastery of useless information!  Expert in old TV shows and movies!  And yes, I'm "mature"!    Ons and Offs   And more    Interests   NEW As and As as of 5/12/16. Look here!!!!

RubySlippers

Well I'll drop my bounty hunter and do another character, odd politicians and other classes were not included its all fraking Jedi, Sith or criminals. Kind of limiting if one looks at it.

I for one think a former war heroine and admiral with lots of respect among the citizens and military would be a good thing to add.

elfguy

Sure I have nothing against that, I'd just like a good amount of action and interaction between people.
----

Urbanzorro

Here's my submission for a character hope you like. Also just as a note my character and Sinoraa's will be partners/have previous knowledge of one another (assuming approval by the GM)

Name: Wade Vox
Species: Human
Class: Smuggler
Weapons: Wade was always taught that an unprepared man is a dead one, and with that thought in mind he has a large variety of personal weapons in his quarters on The Rogue Bargain.

Duel blaster pistols designed to fire rapid volleys without overheating Wade's ll-30 blaster pistols are some of his most favored weapons due to their easy handling and firepower.

Blaster Shot Gun. He prefers it to a blaster rifle.

Sonic Pistol: Never very trusting of the Jedi order, and always wary of the Sith Wade makes sure to always have his sonic pistol with him due to the fact that its shots cannot be stopped or deflected by the laser swords that they use.

Flame Pistol: Small hand held flame thrower, capable of about 10 seconds of continuous use, Wade tends to hide it up his sleeve or some other place where it can't be seen and can be grabbed in a split second, using it at the beginning of a fight, or if an enemy gets too close for comfort.

Ion Grenades: "In case the local droids get on my nerves" Wade responds whenever anyone asks why the hell he carries them.

Equipment:
Security Cardlock Breaker
Grappling Hook
A99 aquata breather

Ship
The Rogue Bargain

A heavily modified ship, built almost from scratch by Wade and his father back when his father was still in the business. It was designed from day one to be a smuggler's dream come true. It is fast, maneuverable, durable, and deadly. It is designed to support a crew of two but can function with a crew of one if needed. The Rogue Bargain is able to carry up to 6 people split between 3 separate quarters. It  also houses several hidden weapons systems such as two dorsal mounted quad-laser turrets which extend side by side just behind the cockpit when activated, a chin mounted ion cannon, two concussion missile launchers who's missiles can be switched out for harpoons and towing cords should need be,  and a sonic mine dispenser.  as well as a hidden cargo area. So that at a passing glace it looks like little more than your average light freighter.

Bio: Born the son of a somewhat less than honest merchant Wade learned how to strike a deal at a young age, his father fully intending for him to take over the family business. Wade was taught all the tools of the trade from piloting a starship, to striking a hard bargain, and to knowing how to use a blaster when the time called for it. As the years passed by Wade slowly began to take on more responsibility. And his father began to take on less and less until finally his father retired all together and Wade worked on his own.

For the next few years Wade tried to make his fortune in the smuggling world there wasn't any cargo he wouldn't haul as long as the price was right. And when times were tight he wasn't above bushwhacking his fellow smugglers, taking their cargo, delivering it, and accepting the payment. To this end he extensively customized his ship, The Rogue Bargain.

It seemed he was destined to simply live the life of a solitary smuggler, until he made what he jokingly calls the two biggest mistakes of his life. One day when Wade was at the age of 23 he  got word of a high value spice shipment making its way for Hutt space. Without a second thought he took The Rogue Bargain out on an intercept course, catching up with his prey he was shocked to find that instead of another transport he was facing a group of several decommissioned military ships, apparently some pirates had learned of the shipment and beat him to it. But not by enough to avoid running into Wade. Outgunned and out numbered Wade was forced to surrender and was taken captive on board the lead ship.  He openly admits that chasing the shipment was "the first big mistake"

While on board he met the pirate captain's Twi-lek slave girl Meryk and managed to talk her into assisting his escape, in exchange for his promise to free her and take her with him. Working together they managed to disable the ship's tractor beam and get to The Rogue Bargain.

When ever Wade tells this story he jokingly says "and that's when I made the second mistake...I kept my word to the Twi-lek" Boarding The Rogue Bargain with the girl they blasted their way out of the hanger bay and made good their escape. Since that day Wade, unwilling to cast the girl out on her own where she would most likely become a slave once again, has found himself with a new 'partner.'

Limits: Wade is quick with a blaster, a great shot, and an outstanding pilot. But he is also lacking in any real sensitivity to the force,  and he isn't the greatest with a sword....ok he isn't great with a sword at all......ok fine, he isn't very good with a sword or other melee weapon all.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

sinoraa

Name: Meryk (No surname)
Skill set: Entertainer/Smuggler/Assassin
Species: Twi'lek
Bio: Meryk dosen't remember how she became a slave. Was she taken as a child, or were she sold? Either way, it didn't matter, she was trapped either way. Her life was fairly carefree, during her early life, when her only duty was taking dance lessons. The crew avoided having her do manual labor, as it might "Damage the goods". However, when approaching adulthood, that suddenly changed. She was suddenly expected to dance, in little to no clothes, serve drinks, and meals... And preform services to the captain, she'll never acknowledge to another person. Still she considered herself lucky. She'd been bread to be fair, and beautiful, as a future investment, for the captain. At least she wasn't open for grabs, like the rest of the slaves...

And so her life continued, unchanging. That was until, some random smuggler, managed to get captured by the pirates. Not a rare event, but this one was special...Or at least, so he made himself seem. She were to bring the new prisoner food, when he started talking. He was a silver tongued devil, by the name of Wade Vox. He complementing her looks, and told her all sort of tales. Meryk listened, fascinated, for despite living on a pirate ship, she rarely left the lower decks.

Looking back, Meryk isn't sure how the Wade managed to convince her, to help the smuggler flee. He seemed like a honest enough man, and perhaps it was his promise of freedom, that convinced her. She'd often been begged by captives, but she never trusted their words. They all feared for their lives, and would tell her, whatever she wanted to hear, if they thought it would get them free. Wade seemed more honest. When asking for her help, it sounded more like a honest negotiation, rather then a desperate plea.

And so, with the assistance of Wade, they narrowly managed to escape. Meryk now feared, Wade would turn on his word. After all he was free, what use was she now? But, much to her delight, Wade kept his word, and even offered her to come along, on his ship.

elfguy

IC thread:   https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71180.0

Remember to start your posts with your current location. You can also repost your character image or description in the first post.

We'll keep using this thread for OOC chat.

Currently recruitment is still open for Republic members only.
----

Shade

Still accepting Republic members then? I'll have to make one soon

elfguy

----

Shade

Appearance:

Name: Kuroda Zonair

Class: Jedi Knight (I know this wasn't in the list of classes, but they are still there, right? I'll change him to an apprentice if it's too big of a deal)

Equipment: Blue lightsaber, green shoto (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shoto for those who don't know what it is)

Bio: He was born on Corellia. At a young age, he was discovered to be Force sensitive, and was whisked away to be trained in the ways of the Force by the Jedi. He grew to be close to his master. Unfortunately, soon after Kuroda passed his test to become a Jedi Knight, his master was murdered by a powerful Sith. Despite the teachings of the Jedi, Kuroda has sworn to do whatever it takes to find and kill the one responsible for his master's death. Because of his, he often teeters dangerously close to the Dark Side of the Force. Only time will tell if he will fall.

Limits: Easily angered and tempted by the Dark Side. Also arrogant when fighting non Force users, believing them to not be much of a threat to him.

Novak

since I can't edit my post. Jaden is my characters apprentice.

elfguy

Please remember to start your posts in the IC thread with your current location.
----

Urbanzorro

Quick question, which planets are in republic hands/ which are in sith hands? is there anywhere to find a list?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

elfguy

Quote from: Urbanzorro on June 06, 2010, 12:47:25 AM
Quick question, which planets are in republic hands/ which are in sith hands? is there anywhere to find a list?

Yes, here:  http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/planets
----

Shade

So, does my character need to be approved, or can I go ahead and post to the IC thread?

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

elfguy

Quote from: Shade on June 06, 2010, 12:56:13 AM
So, does my character need to be approved, or can I go ahead and post to the IC thread?

Just go ahead.
----

Shade

sinoraa

Galanthor

sorry for being lat, but seeing you got so many sith against...erm...one jedi...i'd like to even out the odds...if i may that is

elfguy

Recruitment is still open for Republic members.
----

RubySlippers

Appearance: Dame Judi Dench in a Republic Admirals Uniform

Name: Admiral Matiha Thalos

Class: Grey Jedi

Equipment: Dark Green Light Saber with Solid Design with Extra Power Cells and Protective Plating, Blaster Pistol, Protocol Droid [DEL-4325], Standard Fleet Communicator with Admiral Codes Added and the First Expeditionary Fleet [assets available up to the GM]. Also has two units of four Grey Cloaks each all advanced Padawan learners at this point trained in group tactics, "Grey Form" light saber combat and works inside the military system all took vows to serve the Republic and are military officers of Lt. rank and are Grey Jedi she hand picked and ttrained snatching up older prospects the Jedi wouldn't want to train.

Bio: Born on Alderaan to a large family that was working class she had a respectable education and left her teen years ready for better things. Enlisting in the fleet she rose through the ranks in decent order after leaving the Jedi Order as a advanced Padawan to serve her government, but she did have differences with the Jedi on principle all be told. After a field commission to Ensign she moved through the officers track eventually in battle took over the Republic Cruiser "Nova Fire" and destroyed a much larger Sith force with unorthodox tactics and luck. Her rise to the Admiralty came shortly afterwards. Since then she was the biggest proponant of military improvements and forming a Force Using Corps not trained by the Jedi she named The Grey Cloaks willing to use the Force but with more practical use to defend the Republic. Attaching them to the First Expeditionary Fleet which she commands and making many improvements. Among her forces she uses battle droids to back up highly trained Republic Troops with the Grey Cloaks as special strike teams working with the other two. She wishes to form her own Council and training program for Force users that is more pragmatic and frankly open to the Force operating between Light and Dark currently opposed by the Jedi. Currently she is considered a Jedi Master in aability fairly average for one as in capable at the basic force skills, her lightsaber combat is exceptional although she focused on her own form adding to Form I for a solid basic style that is quite effective and can deflect blaster shots its more an embellished Type I she calls "The Grey Form"which is taught to her own Force Users. Among her force powers two stand out she can use her lightsaber to block Force Lightning and her ability to See the Future is excellent but is tempered by her use of mundane means to aid in her plans military intellignecegathering and the like..

Limits:  Doesn't care for Jedi or Sith both are extreme in her view, and has tensions with the Jedi Council over her Republic Military use of Force Users trained outside their formal program. Is loyal to the Republic and lets her duty guide her from swaying to the Dark Side.