Dungeon Crawl Mafia - Game Over (Anyone May post here now!)

Started by RedPhoenix, January 26, 2016, 02:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedPhoenix

DAY FOUR IS OVER

The many maladies of the day are quickly becoming too much to handle! The party surrounds the bard and starts poking at him, demanding answers!

"But..but I'm just the bard I..." He takes out his lute and strums a few strings, grinning nervously.

"Oh yeah? Play the King's March!"

"err..uhh..." A few strings are strummed, rather randomly.

"Hey, what's that amulet? Where'd you find that?"

"Oh, this? Uh, just a locket, contains a picture of my poor departed mother is all..."

"You said your mother lived in Greenshire!"

"What? You told me you don't know your mother!"

After a brief tussle the evil amulet is revealed, the symbol of devils clearly seen hanging around his neck. "Oh...blast." The man says. He's quickly sent packing!

"Good news, we caught another one!" The party says returning to the two sickly folks.

The dwarf seems to be in much brighter spirits, rapidly recovering her health.

"Tisha, Tisha did you hear we....oh no." The tiefling lies still, the sickness having taken her from you.

With a heavy heart the party makes camp for the night.

James Moriarty, Infiltrator (Lawful Evil Human Mage, Devil Worshiper) has been eliminated! He was disguised as a Lawful Good Human Bard, Divine Gods Worshiper.

Verasaille, Adventurer (Chaotic Good Tiefling Warlock, Devil Worshiper) has died of the Plague!

Mintprincess is no longer ill!

The Party Will NOT Explore the Dungeon

Send me all night actions within 24 hours!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

RedPhoenix

DAY FIVE

A commotion wakes you up earlier than normal! The sound of a fight!

"Ha! Gotcha!" You hear the voice of King Serperior call out. "You're not killin' anyone tonight! Hey hold still!" As you reach for your weapons you hear the dwarf engaged in a frantic battle. But before you can reach his side you hear him let out an agonized groan, "Ahhh...you fight...like..a..." the dwarf's insult is never finished as he crashes to the ground, succumbing to his injuries. Whoever is responsible has managed to blend into the rest of you!

As you are gathered up you notice something odd about persephone. Her skin has become grey and solid, she now resembles a living statue of herself!

King Serperior has been killed in the night while guarding somebody else! He was an Adventurer, Dwarf Fighter, Lawful Good, worshiper of the Divine Gods. The boots of elvenkind are out of play!

Persephone has acquired stoneskin!

There are 5 players alive, and 5 votes in play. It will take 3 votes to form a majority.

The party must decide
- Who, if anyone, to eliminate
- Whether to explore the dungeon!

Deadline will be 6 PM PST on FRIDAY.

Play on! :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Remiel

The Cleric wakes up, no longer suffering under the delusion that he is a chicken.

Well, everybody left is on record as voting for either James Moriarty or Strangefate--except for Persephone.

Healy peers closer at Persephone.  Are you sure you scryed her as neutral, Guy?

Mintprincess

I used my spell on her last night Remy. She is most definitely Good. And the stoneskin means she cannot be voted out.  That leaves the last villain between yourself, MP, Rpguy and me.  I know I'm good lol.  But we will all say that.   Basically we have today to argue out the last villain. 

But 100% it isn't Perse. And if it were me, I'd be letting you throw her under right now. 

I think it's probably you darling. Or MP was damn good and sold out her own teammate to look good.  She didn't vote for James. She jumped on the vote for me pretty quick before hearing any evidence as well and believing Vera was fishy and yet went in with her and James.

My vote will be for one of you.  Because at this point I trust Rpguy and know Perse is good.   Sell me.

And who did you give your two votes to this time.

Remiel

I didn't.  I used another spell, one that I picked up after the second night of exploring (which is why I have always been in favor of exploring, btw!)  to protect ThatRPGuy.   I figured he'd be a target after revealing himself as the Seer.

Mintprincess

-taps chin- hmmmm. Do I believe you?  Well. Given that I confirm what Rpguy said about Perse, and the proof I cast on her is the skin (I casted Derwaysh, Vera, then you) and there are always physical effects, I still believe him to be good as well.

How can we know you for sure cast that spell.  RPguy were you told you were protected ?

Galactic Druid

Very sure about the Nature worship scry, and you missed one, Remi; Madame Professor. There's been something odd about her patterns that I just wasn't comfortable with, so I actually gave her a second scry last night on a hunch.

Before, I thought she worshiped the good gods, which is why I trusted her so. Last night, I  got a completely different scry; Madame Professor worships Devils.

Everyone else I've been suspicious of is dead or cleared, and with the exception of Vera, every devil worshiper has been evil. I think we should go ahead and eliminate her while we have the chance. If that doesn't end the game, then I'll eat my hat.

This is my vote! I am voting for Madame Professor!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Mintprincess

I also agree.  I started thinking about it and I was not comfortable with how fast she jumped on the vote for me.   And she never changed to James.   Again it's between Remy and MP for me and Remy, as much as you didn't vote for Strange you did very early vote for James at a time when fooling us wasn't needed.  You always have your two votes to non villains (except MP if she is but then you clearly aren't) and you could have given them to James last time and I might have been successfully killed. 

I wil trust you and

This is my vote and I vote for Madame professor.

Madame Professor

Well, the only reason I "jumped" on voting for you was I found your silencing Remi suspicious. Unfortunately, real life has kept me busy and between work and some rather personal stuff, I never got the chance to share my thoughts in the previous day for discussion was closed.

Frankly, I really don't care. Kick me out if you like, but it's not going to help. I seem to be damned if I do and damned if I don't, anyway. I am silent and everyone says, "well, MP has been awfully quiet." And then when I try to take the initiative, it's "Gee, MP was really quick to vote".

With the voting rules for this game, we HAVE to have a majority, so I went the majority, especially since your "powers" hadn't seemed as helpful as you claimed. After you explained yourself, though, I thought you made a lot of sense. But again, I didn't get to share that with everyone.

So sure, let's focus on the fact that I wasn't given chance to say anything. That's fair.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Mintprincess

Lol. No need to get upset.  Sell me on why it's Remy and I'll gladly change my vote.  :)

i will remove my vote to give mP time to sell.

Galactic Druid

Oh no. You played me like a drum last mafia game. I'm not letting you guilt me out or my vote.

persephone325

Persephone taps her stone finger against her stone arm.

"Well... This is an interesting feeling." She chuckles. "I'm sorry I didn't vote yesterday. By the time I woke up and read all the posts and was ready to make my decision, Red had already called the day over." She shrugs. "I'm still neutral and worship nature. Are we positive that one bad guy remains, and that it is truly MP? Are there any powers that could mess with your ability to see alignments, Guy?"
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Remiel

The thing is, MP voted for Strangefate when I Blessed her with two votes.  She could have simply stayed silent and let the jury hang.

I'll admit, I probably seem more suspicious than anyone at this juncture (with the exception of Persephone), although, in my defense, I did vote early for James Moriarty two rounds ago.   And, of course, last round I thought I was chicken and couldn't vote at all.

I'm really not sure if I can trust ThatRPGuy.  He claims that someone tried to attack him last night, but we really have no way of knowing if that's true.

Also, just out of curiosity--do any of you worship Nature?  If you do, you really should considering converting to the Church of Light.  You get all these rad bitchin' powers that you can use to fight evil.    I'm just sayin'.

Remiel

Healy McHealerson approaches Persephone and hands her a pamphlet, which shows cool people doing cool things like skateboarding while wearing sunglasses.

"Join the Church of Light!" it says.  "Be awesome!  You want to be awesome, don't you?  C'mon, all the cool kids are doing it!" 

persephone325

Persephone's eyes grow wide at Healy's pamphlet.

"The church of light decimates these beautiful trees to make paper to promote themselves?? How could I ever follow such brutish ways?!"
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Mintprincess

Perse worships nature. 

Ok. Well here are thoughts.   The only person left who hasn't voted for strange or James is Perse.  But I checked her alignment last night and it was good.   If you're good, it would be kinda weird to be a good killer? Right?  Rpguy scryied her as nature and assumed she was good or neutral.  I confirmed that last night. 

That leaves four of us.  All of who voted at some point for a villain.

MP voted for strange. Was that because she's good or because it was misleading? Remy voted for James.  Never changed his vote to strange when he did have time.   MP is right that the day ended fast and maybe she would have changed her vote if she had the chance to affect it.  I can't know.  I still though don't see her as a 'jump on the group' without a reason person.  As for strange I even thing she suggested him but someone else voted first? I would have to look.  But there were other jump on board opportunities and she didn't take them before.  James had two votes? Maybe three? When she suggested strange.  If we were just going to jump with no reason why not then.   

As for me being evil because I turned Remy into chicken, that's great reasoning, but MP has always been more one to lay it out first and then get feedback and then vote.  Again. It doesn't fit her. 

I still leaning her.

But Remy, explain why you didn't change your vote to strange that day please?

Remiel

Quote from: persephone325 on February 09, 2016, 02:48:40 PM
Persephone's eyes grow wide at Healy's pamphlet.

"The church of light decimates these beautiful trees to make paper to promote themselves?? How could I ever follow such brutish ways?!"

"Er...the pamphlets are made out of 50% recycled material.  The other 50% comes from free-range trees which were lovingly cared for their whole lives by a group of rangers and druids, who sang them sweet lullabys every night, until they toppled over of old age.    The Church of Light is actually very environmentally conscious."

Mintprincess

Quote from: Madame Professor link=topic=243409.msg12051758#msg12051758

Personally, while I find her flip floppiness suspicious, I agree with Vera on the fact that voting Nobody is highly suspicious. So my first inclination is to vote for Strangefate. Of course, James Moriarty currently holds the majority so if I go with my instinct, then we could (again) end the day without a kill. But I'm not really willing to just jump on the 'Let's kill James' band wagon. At the same time, we need to vote together if we are going to get anywhere... hence my dilemma.

After thinking about it, I'm not sure that what happened to Seranova was result of exploring so much as his role. Perhaps he was cursed? If I recall correctly, he had mentioned all 'dying together' from the get go. But I think that I'll vote we not explore tonight and see what happens. I don't know that exploring every night is necessary, so unless someone can convince me it's necessary, I'm okay with camping here.

As for the boots, since we don't have a greedy Goblin begging for them, I think King Serperior should have the boots.

Suggested strange but does not actually vote for him.   Wouldn't jump on the James bandwagon but has no problems jumping on the Mint band wagon even thought besides Vera who I believe needed me to die to live and James who was a VILLAIN, she jumps right on the Mint bandwagon.   

Just

Like. 

That

Edit- Remy answer my damn question :P

Remiel

Quote from: Mintprincess on February 09, 2016, 02:53:25 PM
But Remy, explain why you didn't change your vote to strange that day please?

Simply put, because Blythe and King Serperior beat me to it, and the day ended.  *shrugs*   I probably would have if it had looked like it was going to deadlock, but of course, I have no way to prove that.

Galactic Druid

Remi is clearly throwing shade at this point. But if he is evil, does that mean we had 4 evil players in a 13 player game? Seems a bit high...

Either way, I've been one of the forerunners on every evil kill we've had. Killing one bad guy is possible shade (hi MP), killing half the team is suicide (so why didn't you change that vote? You seem more interested in explaining your pamphlets than explaining that.).

I'll let my track record speak for myself. Pretty much everything I've said publicly, from Vera's alliance to Fate's to even yours, Perse, has proven true.

Mintprincess

Mhm.  Lol.  We have no way prove half this shit.  That's why I said SELL.

So what's left to know before we decide? Rpguy said he isn't changing.  That leaves you and me and Perse to make a choice.   Or me and Perse and mP.  Or me and you if we go with MP

We need three votes.

(Or hell you three can vote me and I will die a poor dwarf. But again, you went straight to Perse and I immediately defended that and we only have one killer left).

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Remiel on February 09, 2016, 02:59:14 PM
Simply put, because Blythe and King Serperior beat me to it, and the day ended.  *shrugs*   I probably would have if it had looked like it was going to deadlock, but of course, I have no way to prove that.

You made a post during that time. You had a chance to change your vote. You chose not to.

Mintprincess

I will also state that I have alligned with you on every vote as well Rpguy. I voted for them both without hesitation and was the first to vote James round three or four or day four.   I really thought I was dead last night, and that the killer would take me out cuz I'm vocal.  Anyway.

It's still MP or Remy for me. 

And if it's both of them well then we will be right. They will kill one of at night. And the other will die with votes tomorrow.

Mintprincess

Rpguy--- one more thought.  Does your power get stronger? Is it possible you scryed MP's hidden thing (all the villains have a disguise) the first time and got deeper the second?

Perse and Remy it would be nice to hear who you are leaning on voting for.

persephone325

Persephone eyes Healy warily.

"In any event, I trust Guy because he's been right so far. The only reason I didn't vote was because the last day ended right when we got the five votes. By the time I got caught up reading the posts and was able to make a decision, Red called the day and moved on."

(Maybe next time you run the game, you can give a three day limit? That way, those of us that are busy actually know when our deadline is. ^^)
I don't know.