Poll: E Game Preferences

Started by Ciosa, December 19, 2012, 01:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciosa

Hi!  Still unapproved, and looking to sate my curiosity and find out a bit more about this community.  I'm very interested in creating a game with some popular appeal, and I understand it's a wide and diverse crowd, I'm just curious if there are trends.  Thanks so much!

Just for a general numbers count:

Game Form:  IRC, IM, PM, PbP

Genre:  Just a favorite, please.  Think movie genres.  Action, Drama, Spy Thriller, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Mystery, Horror, etc.

Privacy:  I look at this as sort of a sliding scale - let's say '1' is a designation where most of your threads are private, exclusively between a GM and a Player.  5 is pure sandbox, where players primarly socialize with one another, with only occasional interaction and prodding from a GM.  3 would be in the middle, with a preference for a clear story arc, but multiple PCs attached to the same arc at the same time. 

Sex:  Again, 1 to 5.  Let's go with the movie theme again, and presume a 1 is PG - there might be sex, but it's mostly assumed offscreen, and principally the sexual element is an undercurrent and tension, but isn't handled explicitly.  2 is PG-13 - there might be some nudity on-screen, but the nitty gritty details aren't exactly laid bare.  3 is R - might be some periodic sex on screen, but it doesn't exactly drive the action.  4 is NC-17, where sex is a principal component of the story, and may or may not completely drive the story.  5 would be a X, XX, XXX and higher, where everyone's pretty much there for the smut, and story is loosely tying together people getting busy.  If you write a six or higher, please explain.  ;)

Scale:  Single Player, Group, or Massive?

Game Style: PvE or PvP?  Cooperative or Competitive?

Morality:  1 being shiny paladins, 3 being shades of grey with no clear good guys or bad, and 5 being dark, wicked blackguards.

For ease of copy/pasting:

Form:
Genre:
Privacy:
Sex:
Scale:
Style:
Morality:

Thanks again!

Josietta

Hi there Ciosa!!  Good to see you branching out and reaching out to the community! ;)

Here you go:

Josietta's Preferences:

Form: PbP
Genre: Modern Fantasy (think Harry Potter)
Privacy: 3.5  (not quite in the middle but leaning toward sandbox style but with a slight bit of direction still involved)
Sex: yes please.  oh.. you mean.. yeah.. umm. lets see.. I'd go with 3.5 again. I like sex in RP but it has its time and place.
Scale: Group (Small to Medium  5-10 players)
Style: PvE almost always PvE
Morality: 2.75  (good prevails but theres still questions into what a set group or person might do, questioning themselves and all that)

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Ciosa

Thank you!  I'm trying.  ;)

My preferences, since I feel sort of obligated to fill out my own survey:

form:  PbP
Genre:  Dark Urban Fantasy
Privacy:  Running:  1,  Playing:  3
Sex:  Running:  Player's choice.  Playing:  I think 3.5 is about perfect, too.  Meaningless sex is pretty boring.  But the adult can definitely add spice.)
Scale:  Largish group (8 - 12)
Style:  PvE  Playing LARP for 5+ years has burned me out on PvE
Morality: 2 (I like to be the hero.  I can be drawn into a 'wicked' game, but not a 'let's be evil hearltess marauers!' game)

Jezabelle

Equally unapproved, my fellow Leaguseman, but happy to post.

Genre: Fantasy/SciFi

Privacy: 4

Sex: 3.25

Scale: Group, never seen anything like massive attempted in PbP.

Style: PvE unless it's about pitting people against eachother, like they start out as one and then turn-- so PvE\P really, anything goes that's in keeping with the story and characters.

Morality: 3 for most NPCs\people, but some rather nice and truly wicked need to be in there as well.

FionnMcCool

Hello hello! Thought I would add mine in here as well, as it's a great idea! First allow me to say I've only recently been approved, and have yet to join in any of the group RP fun, but I've got my eyes on a couple of projects. :) Hope everyone else has been enjoying the approval process?

Form: Any and all though I suspet it'll mostly be PbP
Genre: Cyberpunk/action (mostly, but game for nearly all)
Privacy: 2-4 depending on story
Sex: 3-4 depending on privacy
Scale: Any really
Style: PvPvE
Morality: Generally 2, though I have ideas that I'd like to try more a 4 maybe even 5!

Great idea Ciosa! Thanks for that opportunity!

~McCool

Qt

Form: Mostly PbP,  occasionally IM
Genre: Any genre, but ends up mostly with dark fantasy
Sex: Usually 3-4, had some games initially intended to be like 2 then drifting off to 5 as the story went on
Scale: Mostly solo, but that's mainly because they're easier to set up and harder to die compared to group games.
Style: PvP, PvE
Morality: 4-5, don't think I've played one game where there's clear cut good and bad

Josietta

Quote from: Jezabelle on December 19, 2012, 03:32:57 PM
Equally unapproved, my fellow Leaguseman, but happy to post.

Genre: Fantasy/SciFi

Sex: 3.25

Scale: Group, never seen anything like massive attempted in PbP.

Style: PvE unless it's about pitting people against eachother, like they start out as one and then turn-- so PvE\P really, anything goes that's in keeping with the story and characters.

Morality: 3 for most NPCs\people, but some rather nice and truly wicked need to be in there as well.

Just as sidenote: (slightly offtopic)

There are Massive Group Games (called Large Group Games) here on E.

I am currently a player in one called Hogwarts a Future, when we started we had upwards of 40+ members playing. We had well over the 1,000 mark in IC posts, within two weeks of opening the game. We now have rough 8,500 IC and well over 25,000 OOC posts and haven't yet hit that one year mark, which is upcoming soon.

(Elliquiy requires Small group games to reach a minimum of 1k in IC posts before bumping them into Big Group Game status and giving them their own forum area).

So all in all, yes there are Massive games out there. You just don't find them as often as small group games. :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Ciosa

QuoteJust as sidenote: (slightly offtopic)

There are Massive Group Games (called Large Group Games) here on E.

I am currently a player in one called Hogwarts a Future, when we started we had upwards of 40+ members playing. We had well over the 1,000 mark in IC posts, within two weeks of opening the game. We now have rough 8,500 IC and well over 25,000 OOC posts and haven't yet hit that one year mark, which is upcoming soon.

(Elliquiy requires Small group games to reach a minimum of 1k in IC posts before bumping them into Big Group Game status and giving them their own forum area).

So all in all, yes there are Massive games out there. You just don't find them as often as small group games. :)
I was actually really curious about the massive, part.  Thanks for answering it!  The Evil Genius concept I threw into the Non-Roleplaying forum was my hope for a massive game concept, but it has so far solicited zero interest.  So I thought I'd put this out - get a sense for what style of games people enjoyed playing, and go at coming up with a game concept again.

Thanks for the info, though!

Josietta

I think what you'll find in the NA area is more one on one styled RP or smaller groups.  A lot of people like sandbox styled things when they are waiting approval. I think it has something to do with fear that they'll have invested so much time into something and then if for some reason their application is denied, they'll have "wasted" all that time and effort.

I would join up in your game with you but I am swamped with a good bit of things right now and don't want to take on more until the holidays are done. I hate to break promises or join and then not be able to follow through with an idea or worse, hold someone back due to them waiting on me to post.

Its a fabulous idea!  I'd definitely hold onto that and if you don't generate enough interest now and are approved you can post it into the adult area with minor adjustments.  Don't lose hope. It all really does open up and change once those doors are unlocked. Just keep up with what you are doing, keep your eye on the horizon and I'll keep thinking good thoughts for a speedy approval for you. :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Jezabelle

Could you link the thread? I looked and couldn't find it, Ciosa.

Over the break I should have postin' time.

Ciosa

Lilias

* Lilias is not listless - loves lists, in fact. ;)

Form: Strictly PbP.
Genre: (Pseudo)historical. Think costume dramas.
Privacy: 1. I only write one-on-one, and all OOC interaction is done through PM.
Sex: 3-3.5. All my stories are plot-heavy. If there's a lot of sex on-screen (and I'm no prude), you can bet there's going to be even more intrigue.
Scale: Single player, although tending to write several characters each.
Style: PvE. Creating NPC antagonists is one of the most fun parts of a game.
Morality: 2.5-3. Characters are flawed, some harbour dark secrets, but good will largely prevail in the end.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Finothing

Form:PbP
Genre: Fantasy and Historical. (Occasional horror)
Privacy: 3.5 I think.
Sex: 3. (For more character-driven RPs I play elsewhere. E is for the erotic!)
Scale:Single
Style: Cooperative
Morality: 4 (though it drops down sometimes to 3 or even 2. 4 is the most usual)

Mingnon

Form: IM or PM
Genre: Medieval, Historical, or Modern Fantasy
Privacy: 2. I'd love to do a group RP sometime but nothing really jumps out at me. :/
Sex: Around 3.75.
Scale: Single. Maybe Group if it catches me.
Style: PvE
Morality: 2.25 at worst. Can't bring myself to intentionally harm someone innocent, someone who's asking for it on the other hand...
“There are only two races of men: decent and indecent. Both are found everywhere.”
-Victor Frankl
Discord RPs - Ons + Offs  - AnAs Thread
Oath of the Drake
Look for hot monsters in your area!

Star Safyre

Oh!  Fun listy time!  I'll bite:

Form: Forum, PM (site)
Genre: Three way tie: Fantasy, Horror, Tragedy
Privacy: 1 (I like the close plot control one-on-one stories offer, but a sandbox type game where writers can pair off would appeal.)
Sex: 3.75-5 
Scale: Singles (or perhaps a pair)
Style: Mainly PvE, but agreed upon PvP is also cool sometimes as long as the players are cooperative and the competition stays in-character.
Morality: 1-5 (Though my paladins have their not-so-shiny flaws and the blackguards can still pet kittens)
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Laughing Man

Oh hey. I like this. :P

Form: IM, PM, PbP - I've recently been on a tabletop stint too, but there are some things that can't be done there.
Genre: Action/adventure, fantasy, romance, suspense/political intrigue. Any mix thereof, too.
Privacy: 2-3, depending on subject matter. The best stories are ones where the characters really connect, rather than being throwaways by the horde.
Sex: 4 when I post here, 3 otherwise. But I'm malleable in that regard. :D
Scale: Duo or group (5-8) depending on genre.
Style: PvE, cooperative. PvP induces rage.
Morality: Anywhere between 2.5 and 4. I love me some anti-heroes, and I HATE shiny untouchable paragons of justice. They aren't realistic! Absolute favorite is 2.5, I'd say - I love bending peoples' expectations of what a hero ought to be, and sympathetic villains make me happy.

LilyRoseBlack23

Genre: Fantasy
Privacy: 3
Sex: 4
Scale: Duo
Style: PvE
Morality: 3