MVG- Lines Crossed (World of Darkness game)

Started by Lancis, February 07, 2007, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lancis

MVG= Mage, Vampire, Garou...

The basics...

2nd edition

build of

15,13,11 for attributes

50 freebies for everything else

limit 3 arete, rage, etc

limit 7 willpower

all advantages/disadvantages must be approved

The lines between friends and enemies have been crossed....

Mages, Werewolves, and Vampires working together against the evils of Pentex... who knew Ronald McDonald was actually a demon??? A very powerful one at that...

With faith, luck, skill, and well dumb luck... our heroes may yet win
I do what my rice krispies tell me to!

Art is  not my work, its source online is now down, but it was a Romusz

Swedish Steel

So wait...2nd edition is not the new World of Darkness? That might make it even easier.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

GoldenChild

No 2nd edition must be 2nd edition of old world of darkness... At least I think it is like that.

Another thing... Keeping rage to 3 is rather hard if you pick the more warrior like auspices.

Vandren

Quote from: GoldenChild on February 07, 2007, 03:10:12 AM
Another thing... Keeping rage to 3 is rather hard if you pick the more warrior like auspices.

Yep, that'd mean no Galliards (initial Rage 4) or Ahroun (initial Rage 5) . . .
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

thymoit

Hmm, I've wanted to play a Mage game and never really had the opportunity.  How bad is it that I have the 1st edition rules for Mage?  Will I have enough to get by or were there major changes between editions?  One thing I think I see already.  I don't remember there being advantages/disadvantages.

Vandren

Quote from: thymoit on February 07, 2007, 08:20:54 AM
Hmm, I've wanted to play a Mage game and never really had the opportunity.  How bad is it that I have the 1st edition rules for Mage?  Will I have enough to get by or were there major changes between editions?  One thing I think I see already.  I don't remember there being advantages/disadvantages.

Merits/Flaws didn't appear in Mage until "The Book of Shadows" (like W:tA and V:tM, they waited until the Players Guide to introduce them).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Jefepato

You'd have to buy the Legendary Attribute merit four times just to accomodate all the attribute dots.  Compared to those insane numbers, 50 freebie points isn't much even if you spend them all on skills (which you'd almost have to for the end product to make any sense at all)!

Also, limiting Rage and Arete to 3 really screws werewolves and mages.

Not that I'd mind playing a high-powered game, but these numbers just don't work.

Lancis

very well :)

Edit:

Limit 5 arete, rage, so on

keep it at 50 freebies

but with an initial build of 21, 19, 17 for skill stuff :)

should even it out a bit :)

Jefepato

That's somewhat better, in that it gives the abilities to match the attributes.  But you'd still be forced to have at least 4 attributes at 6, which is still impossible (unless you're just waiving that rule).

Vandren

Quote from: Jefepato on February 08, 2007, 07:01:41 AM
That's somewhat better, in that it gives the abilities to match the attributes.  But you'd still be forced to have at least 4 attributes at 6, which is still impossible (unless you're just waiving that rule).

Based on the rewrite, I think he meant Skills instead of Attributes in the first post (I thought that was the case earlier, but . . .).

Jefepato

Ah, that makes sense then.  This should actually work, though it'll be tough deciding where to throw all the BPs.

I'm sort of thinking of a vampire character, but I'll need to go over my books again.

Vandren

Quick questions:

1) I assume the Rage/Arete limit also applies to Gnosis, but does it apply to Humanity?

2) Due to the increased levels of Ability points, do you still want the max Ability level 3 before Freebies to be in effect?

3) Garou are limited to Rank 1, right?  (Seeing as nothing has been said on that point.)

thymoit

I might play a Sons of Ether mage... 5 arete?  Hmm, oh the things he could do.   :)

Lancis

yeah gnosis, blood, etc all limited

Mages will be VERY powerful

rank we will discuss I know Mage/Vampire much better then werewolf

which would remind me i will need a co gm who is versed in werewolf

and max 5 on all skills, attributes, and so on...

any extra points are quite lost...

Remember: Skills can be created (if I think they make sense)

also limit one specialization per thing

so like

occult: vampires
Occult: mage
Drive: cars
Drive: 18 wheelers

so each requires its own points :) that should help spread them out :)