Everyone's A Hero Again ( Freeform newbie heroes, LGBT friendly )

Started by Dhi, April 20, 2016, 05:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhi

Links
Approved Characters: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=248042
OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=248061

Everyone's A Hero II: Everyone's A Hero Again

Welcome, new adventurers!

Amberdale is a little town in need of helping hands. The rabbits are in the watermelons, Sister Melody has misplaced her prayer book and goblins are pilfering our coal. This isn't exactly what you'd call heroic work, but everyone has to start somewhere

Your tale begins here.

(Thanks to Crash for the snazzy graphic!)

This is meant to be a sexy lighthearted farce of RPG starter towns. All kinds of character archetypes are drawn to Amberdale for their first baby steps into adventure, from half-angel orators to drow assassins to heterochromatic bunny-eared summoners of eldritch horrors. The game will be loosely guided by quest-style events where a job will be posted, and one or more people may answer the summons for a quickie low stakes quest. Alternatively, you might hone your skills under local trainers, fill the blacksmith's position, settle down and raise a farm- the door is wide open.

Characters from last year's game are welcome to return and may have a little more experience and renown, if desired.

Amberdale
Your home for now is the quaint, sleepy town of Amberdale, a caravan stop between the Eastern Trade Road frequented by familiar fantasy races and the Shadow Vale Caravan Route inhabited by monsters. Creatures of both types inhabit Amberdale's cozy cottages and till its pastoral fields peacefully. Small farms cut into the spooky Oldwall Forest where gnarled old oaks are found strung with fairy lanterns, and a dense canopy lends a perpetual twilight. Living space for transient adventurers include the Vine and Horn Inn and Tavern, temple to the benign local gods, a barracks shared with six whole town guards, the witch's tower, and truly rustic trader's camp. All told the population is about 200, which means everyone knows everyone and new faces are reliably a source of entertainment.

Character Sheet

[float=right][img height=400 padding=8]<URL for optional character image goes here>[/img][/float]
[b]Name: [/b]
[b]Race: [/b] <Human, elf, half-ooze, centaur, etc>
[b]Sex: [/b]
[b]Orientation: [/b]
[b]Occupation: [/b] <A character class, or what you do in town if you aren't adventuring>

[b]Mode of Attack: [/b] <A thing you wield to give a goblin a nasty surprise. Be specific! If you're a spellcaster, make it a single spell>
[b]One Thing In My Pack: [/b] <One special thing that aids your adventuring career, but isn't always useful - silk rope, animal treats, a map, the holy symbol of your deity>

[b]Description: [/b] <If you have additional images, those can go here in spoiler tags>
[b]Personality: [/b]
[b]Likes: [/b] <Material things, scenarios, kinks; give us a practical idea of what you want to write>
[b]Dislikes: [/b] <Conversely, those things you don't want in your story>
[b]Story: [/b]

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Hobbes1266

Looks like it could be fun. How meta would we be allowed to be?

Crash

Everyone's favorite Wererabbit thief!!!!

Name : Low Moon Sung
Race: Wererabbit
Orientation: Pansexual
Ons : Pretty much anything not in offs.  Like most bunnies Low really likes sex.
Offs : Bondage, Barthroom Stuff, Pain
Favorite Mode of Attack:
Sneaky, sneaky.  Stabby, Stabby.  – Low works best when she has the element of surprise.
Ninja Stars!!!!! – Low throws shurikens
Height : 5’0”
Build : Low is a petite thing with slightly thicker hips. 
Description : Low is a quick little bunny with brown ears and brown hair.  She dresses in whatever patchwork clothing she feels looks interesting regardless of whether or not the article of clothing makes sense with the rest of her outfit.  She is a hodgepodge of stolen goodies and discarded treasures. 
Personality : When she isn’t stealing something Low is lazing about or in the middle of whatever sexual encounter she feels like having when she is feeling in the mood.  Full Moons are particularly arousing times for the wererabbit.  Poor Low has a bad reputation around town, but she is really pretty harmless.  Half the time what she steals in really only of interest to her and seen as useless baubles by others.  That doesn’t stop her from stealing valuables, they just aren’t a priority unless they are shiny or pretty.

Story :  Low has a few warrens just outside of Amberdale.  The wardens know about her main warren, a small but cozy place near the outskirts of town, but Low is a smart little bunny and never stashes her favorite things there.  Those go in her “bank vaults.”  While Low is generally a harmless annoyance to the town she can fight, she just does not fight fair.  Low would much rather ambush and trick others than stand toe to toe with them.  Her moonblade knives look impressive and she has scared enough things off with them even though they have no other real ability than storing moonlight.

If you are looking for hidden places around the valley you could do much worse than asking Low, just remember to check your coin purse before you leave and bring something to trade. Low doesn’t give anything away for free.

Or Necromancer

Name : Esmerelda
Race: Human
Orientation: Lesbian
Ons : Graveyards, Gifts, Flattery, Being Watched, Outdoor sex
Offs : Animals, bland sex, bad hygiene
Favorite Mode of Attack:
Sick’em Pinky!  - Esmerelda is a lover not a fighter.  When the going gets tough, send in Pinky!  Pinky is the nickname of Esmerelda’s former jealous lover and her most favorite skeleton.  While Pinky (Penny Alabaster) was annoyingly jealous when she was alive, her unfortunate fall from death, while spying on an adulterous Esmerelda turned out to be a real blessing….of Esmerelda.  Pinky’s jealously in death as made her one heck of a bodyguard.  Yes she is a frail skeleton and has little idea how to wield the axe she carries, but she is really easy to put back together and forever willing to get in the way of danger so Esmerelda can turn tail and run.  The relationship isn’t all one way (anymore).  Esmerelda lavishes a lot of attention on Pinky touching up her pink dye and painting her metacarpals and metatarsals pretty colors.

Bolt of Inky Black Stuff – Esmerelda is still learning her newest spell, but hasn’t gotten the knack of it yet and it fizzles more often then it works.

Height : 5’10”
Build : Tall and shapely
Description : Esmerelda has poreline white skin and bubblegum pink hair.  No one knows exactly how her hair got that color or what bubble gum is, but the quirky Necromancer frightens most people so they don’t really question it.  Esmerelda likes to wear revealing mourning wear.  She says it is a reminder of the beauty of death, but really she just knows she looks damn good in it.
Personality : Esmerelda is pretty self-involved.  She tried being all moody and dark, but it didn’t really work for her.  If you can get around the fact that her world totally revolves around her Esmerelda she can be pleasant enough and if you get her around a graveyard she can be down-right frisky.  Don’t expect her to stick around if things get hairy though.  Her idea of helping is sicking Pinky on the nearest threat then hiding until the danger is gone.

Story :

Esmerelda has always found a way to get out of doing anything that resembles work.  For the most part she has been pretty successful.  Yeah she may flirt, cajole and use her wiles to get her way, but that is hardly work.  Esmerelda hooked up with a local necromancer for a while in hopes of learning how to stay eternally young, but found some of the rituals really icky and a lot of work so she hasn’t progressed in her studies to far yet.  That and she dumped the guy because he was a real downer so she has had to figure it all out on her own.  Esmerelda can often be found at the town cemetery.   She finds it both calming and exciting and really likes the old crypts for their craftsmanship.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Dhi

Not very meta. This is a real, incongruous world, not an MMO. You're welcome to be silly as this is meant to be lighthearted, but there aren't quest icons, people don't lag out and run into walls, MMO-style names won't fly.

Low Moon Sung is welcome! I'm planning to change the character sheets a little bit to hopefully make them more accessible and emphasize some things over others.

Edit: Or Esmerelda.

Hobbes1266

Okay that's why I'm asking. At the moment I'm thinking of a sadistic paladin but I'm not sure.
Edit: or maybe an alchemist who's experiments often go (sexually) wrong...

Crash

Quote from: Dhi on April 20, 2016, 05:20:40 PM
Not very meta. This is a real, incongruous world, not an MMO. You're welcome to be silly as this is meant to be lighthearted, but there aren't quest icons, people don't lag out and run into walls, MMO-style names won't fly.

Low Moon Sung is welcome! I'm planning to change the character sheets a little bit to hopefully make them more accessible and emphasize some things over others.

Edit: Or Esmerelda.

I figured as much.  I just wanted to get them out of the old thread. :)

Crash

Quote from: RedPhoenix on April 20, 2016, 08:33:00 PM
Would a somewhat inept drow slavemistress in training who took a wrong turn and went to the wrong starter town but is too vain to admit it be too silly?

Oh god...that is awesome.

JoanieSappho

Hm. And I have an idea for a wizard-in-training. Who kinda keeps forgetting the whole 'training' thing, since she's usually distracted by writing filthy books and being a general pervert. Who actually has absolutely no actual sexual experience or knowledge and is probably in for a massive surprise when that changes. "W-wait ... you put it in your mouth?!"
Possibly big friends with that alchemist, if you go for them, Hobbes.

Or the old 'princess runs off to ADVENTURE!' trope. Where the princess was almost certainly allowed to go, because she sucks at disguises and keeping secrets. Also fighting. Still tries, though, bless her.

Dhi

Crash

TotesRider

Sounds fun... maybe I could play a dashing hero wanna be who gets turned into a 'grunt' kind of a monster... like was turned into a slime or a zombie or something but still tries to continue his heroics and overcompensate. Plus his antics in battle mimic that of professional wrestling (smack talking, using grapple attacks and objects like chairs, carrying a microphone like object and even talking to the opponent as though they were in the middle of a match "Okay so after you hit me, i'll counter and choke slam you got it?")

Rel Mayer

Oh my. This looks amazing.

... I've shown so much interest to so many group games lately, but I think I'm gonna have to say yes, yes, yes to this one!

Crash

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Crash on April 20, 2016, 10:22:04 PM
Awesome Rel. Glad to have you aboard.

Excited to be here! By the way, you pic you used for Esmerelda is one of my favorites!

Crash

It is one of mine too.  I never got to play her in the original game so I may play her here.  Not sure yet.  Low was a lot of fun.

Dhi

Quote from: TotesRider on April 20, 2016, 09:28:33 PM
Sounds fun... maybe I could play a dashing hero wanna be who gets turned into a 'grunt' kind of a monster... like was turned into a slime or a zombie or something but still tries to continue his heroics and overcompensate. Plus his antics in battle mimic that of professional wrestling (smack talking, using grapple attacks and objects like chairs, carrying a microphone like object and even talking to the opponent as though they were in the middle of a match "Okay so after you hit me, i'll counter and choke slam you got it?")
I think so. I like the idea of a polymorped hero. Just keep in mind with the wrestling stuff not to get too meta, we don't actually know about things like microphones and folding metal chairs. Tavern brawling and theatrics are absolutely fine.

TotesRider

Okay I was just spouting off dumb ideas <~<; I'll cut out the wrestlin stuff

JoanieSappho

Name : Johanna Laurus
Race: Human (mostly)
Orientation: Uncertainly bi, prefers women
Ons: Breasts, taller people, confident people, heavy petting, voyeurism, kissing/licking (except butt stuff), non-human partners (especially non-humanoid ones)
Offs: Bondage, Bathroom Stuff, Pain, anything rough, anal, rimming, bad hygiene
Favorite Mode of Attack: Flail Wildly - although exactly as strong and martially trained as she looks, Johanna will, when in a panic, slap the shit out of any and everything around her.
Kill It (All) With Fire - while setting things magically on fire came easily to Johanna, aiming did not.
Height: 4’10”
Build:   Very small and slender, slight bit of belly pudge

Description: Short and delicately built, Johanna has quite clearly led a sheltered life free from work, stress and, judging by her paleness, direct sunlight. Give her a week or so out in the sun and she'll probably turn red and start leaving flakes everywhere. As the only child of minor nobility, she has been relentlessly spoiled for most of her life, and it shows, especially when dealing with people. Her ancestry is a bit muddles, and the identities of several of her grandparents are only rough guesses at best. Apparently the women in her family have a thing for other races, and it's widely suspected that her grandfather was a halfling or a gnome, which would both fit with what the people who knew her grandmother say she was like, and explain Johanna's small size. As for clothing, she has a ready supply of outfits but, most of the time rarely ever bothers to change out of whatever she slept in the night before.

Personality: Sheltered, innocent and startlingly well-educated, Johanna still shares in the characteristic xenophilia of her family, however she hasn't been given the chance (or had the courage) to do more than look. Often half-asleep or tired, she is very much the absent-minded mage, although her training in those arts are rudimentary at best. Not for lack of effort on the parts of her tutors or, indeed, natural talent and intelligence on her side, but Johanna's mind drifts easily and often and she tends to miss things. Still, the etiquette lessons (finally) sank in and she is a nice, polite young woman, even if her sheltered life has left her rather gullible and innocent. And, although she hides it, she has a very filthy imagination and sense of humour

Story:  With the fact that simply being taught how to master her magic was well and truly shown to not work with Johanna, the case was made by her that the only real way she could learn was by doing.And that the best way for that would be for her to, finally, leave home. While her parents took much convincing, and only permitted her to go to the quiet town of Amberdale, Johanna was overjoyed. At last she would get to see the big wide world and do things, instead of simply staying inside and, using a false name, writing stories with names like 'Seduced by the Sphinx', 'Fingered by Frost Giants' and 'Pounded in the Butt By the Ethereal Plane'.
Despite the quickly obvious fact that she has absolutely no real knowledge of how sex works, these stories seem to amuse their readers, although she sees them as true erotic masterpieces.

Crash

Revelation

Just showing up here to say i'd love the chance to replay my Inumimi monk character, or maybe make something different.

Dhi

Character Sheet

[float=right][img height=400 padding=8]<URL for optional character image goes here>[/img][/float]
[b]Name: [/b]
[b]Race: [/b] <Human, elf, half-ooze, centaur, etc>
[b]Sex: [/b]
[b]Orientation: [/b]
[b]Occupation: [/b] <A character class, or what you do in town if you aren't adventuring>

[b]Mode of Attack: [/b] <A thing you wield to give a goblin a nasty surprise. Be specific! If you're a spellcaster, make it a single spell>
[b]One Thing In My Pack: [/b] <One special thing that aids your adventuring career, but isn't always useful - silk rope, animal treats, a map, the holy symbol of your deity>

[b]Description: [/b] <If you have additional images, those can go here in spoiler tags>
[b]Personality: [/b]
[b]Likes: [/b] <Material things, scenarios, kinks; give us a practical idea of what you want to write>
[b]Dislikes: [/b] <Conversely, those things you don't want in your story>
[b]Story: [/b]

Returning characters can add to this

[b]One Extra Trick: [/b] <An additional thing you've mastered, such as animating a loyal skeleton>

so we can grandfather in those slightly more powerful characters.

If you're playing a returning character please also consider making them a class trainer! This is a perfect niche for a character with a little more experience.

Example NPCs:

Name: Gianna & Bianca
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Orientation: Bisexual

Mode of Attack: Gladius & Heater Sheild (Gianna), Shortbow (Bianca)
What's In My Pack? Bandage (Gianna), Bird Whistle (Bianca)

Description: Gianna is a svelte, cheery young woman with an expressive face accented by ruby lipstick that always leaves a mark. Cozy locks of warm chestnut hair keep her insulated in the cool forest. Gianna is a mori girl, layering herself in loose skirts, vests, scarves and tunics of blueberry, cornflower and sky blue over snug stockings of robin's egg or white. A scent of vanilla, white honey and acacia drifts from the fabric like a perfumed doll.
Bianca knows the appeal of her hourglass figure, and it gives her confidence. The natural sway to her walk is slow and gliding, preserving the well-teased dirty blonde bouffant against country winds. A mori girl like Gianna, she weaves wildflowers into dark shirts and dresses of rust red, blum, bordeaux and sanguine, always with a highlighting trim at the hip. Her own perfume is white sandalwood, tea leaf, and berry leaves layers with Gianna's to call to mind a sweet pagan festival in an elven forest.
Personality: Gianna and Bianca are sisters at arms, rarely encountered apart, but both are outgoing and gregarious creatures. Both share a mercenary outlook, selling services to the highest bidder without moral compunction, and both squander their earnings at the Horn and Vine drinking, gaming, and socializing, where they're often among the first faces seen by new arrivals. As a proponent of action without thought, Giana follows her instincts and speaks frankly; Bianca is a more reserved student of the masters, but still has no special love for social conventions.
Likes: Training, tavern culture, helping ladies to self-actualize, a little pain (Gianna), an audience (Bianca)
Dislikes: Joining you on a low-paying quest, settling down, humiliation
Story : Gianna was raised on a farm, and Bianca by her tavern wench single mother. They met as young women when Giana shucked her responsibility to her family and took a job as a sellsword traveling with a caravan. In a town much like Amberdale she met Brianna, the daughter of a tavern wench, using her natural assets to unload a seedy bowmaker's wares. With bigger dreams between the two of them, they headed a two-woman mercenary company and bet everything on making it big in Amberdale. Although they achieved marginal success as adventurers, there was better profit to be found in regurgitating tricks of the trade and techniques read in books to a fresh-faced audience for coin.

Revelation

Name : Enkh
Race: Inumimi (Wolf-person)
Ons : Musicians/bards, Dancers, defending the weak, fellow martial artists. Women with 'vavoom'/curves, mildly pleasant scents, light bondage, mutual roughness, oil, body paint, and similar ways to temporarily decorate people, And in general the players ons and offs.
Offs : Loud noises, pungent odors, petting his tail without permission, scratching his ears the wrong way, jerks, and player offs.
Favorite Mode of Attack: Budding practitioner of Nokhai-соео style. (Tribal martial arts focuses on mostly punches and kicks)
One Extra Trick: Wolfs claw strike (quick attack that induces bleeding on the target)
One Thing In My Pack: Body paint kit

Height : 6'2"
Build : Lean and toned
Description : A tall and well built man, Enkh shows much of his heritage in his appearance. Somewhat dark skinned and with a messy mop of white hair, the striking locks almost hide his tufted ears. Usually seen wearing a simple sleeveless vest with matching slacks most of the time. From just around his lower back extends a fluffy tail, the same snowy color as his ears and hair.  When smiling or eating, it's easier to notice his sharper canines as well, slightly longer and more pointed than normal teeth. Occasionally, one may see him adorned at times with body paint.
Personality : Fun loving, easy going, and a man who loves to help others, Enkh is a friendly young man who tends to seek people to count as a 'pack' for him to belong to and defend. His tribal upbringing may make villagers seem a tad odd to him, and often curious as to their practices. He loves the night, and can sometimes be seen training at night while singing. Enjoys art, though more art that comes from the body or person (Singing, dancing, art on the body, etc). While he does speak the common tongue well enough by now, certain words may elude him which will result in him deferring to his native tongue or clumsily explaining the term.

Ever since beginning t live in Amberdale, he has learned more of the people he lives with and their words – and some of that naivety has been lost. Replacing it is an interest to help others out of genuine friendliness and an interest in teaching others the ways of his fighting style. Of course, there’s still a yearning for adventure and often he may help others on their quest. If they ask nicely of course!

Story : Coming from a distant land of steppes and deserts, Enkh is part of a tribe of beast-people with wolf blood.  An eager martial artist, he took it upon himself to explore distant lands and seeks to practice his unique style amongst them. He has settled on Amberdale, in part thanks to other travelers like himself. He’s been living in the town for some time now – and has garnered a name for himself from helping farms, to finding things in the wild and also dealing with minor monsters. He likes the land and the people, and has decided to offer others insight to his unique fighting style.

DazzlingCockroach

I'd be tempted to make an overconfident conjurer who has no control over what she summons. And more often than not, no control of it either.

Crash

I think Esmerelda would make for a better trainer type than Low so I will go with Esmer to start and make her a Necromancer/Magic User Trainer.  I will update her this weekend.