Pathfinder: Adventurers Welcome (Recruiting)

Started by kckolbe, September 30, 2013, 10:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phaia

;D

Do we have to modify a dwarf since by the charts they are a RP11?
I thought about dropping strength to  10 and going with a 14 cha but felt losing the +1 damage and +1 to ht with weapons with no starting gear and not sure on getting what we want in packs ...was not a good idea

by the way  a suggestion for ya since we are being limited in gear ...a freebie feat would be very helpful!

hmmm let me look i really wasnt that concerned with the multitalented, low light vision and elf blood!

Phaia

kckolbe

Dwarves are fine as is.  Good question, though.

As for gear: the reason you are limited on gear and money is to encourage you to remedy that.  You all have a free skill point that can be used to make money.  Consider that.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Florence

We need more dwarves <3 They're Meredith's favorite sort of people.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Phaia

are we closed yet cause after looking at the racial build stuff i may makie a few changes

Phaia

Blinkin

Well, if you wanted dwarves, you should of checked the dwarf dedicated game I'm about to start. lol
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Blinkin

Question about skill based income.

If you have multiple skills that produce income, can you use more than one a week? As an example, crafting and profession? or Crafting and Performance, Profession and performance and so on?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Florence

Quote from: Blinkin on October 04, 2013, 04:01:22 AM
Well, if you wanted dwarves, you should of checked the dwarf dedicated game I'm about to start. lol

I saw it, but I really wanted to play Meredith, and I don't have time for any more games atm xD
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

kckolbe

Quote from: Anon315 on October 03, 2013, 10:52:15 PM
I'm a Hedge Witch. I am the most dedicated healer there is. (Currently being reworked into "not a ratfolk")

Would this work for a race?
Underhuman
Humanoid (0 RP)
Medium, Normal Speed, Standard Linguist, Race Language: Undercommon (0 RP)
Flexible Stats (+2 Dex, +2 Int) (2 RP)
Lucky, Lesser (+1 Saving Throws) (2 RP)
Poison Use (1 RP)
Stalker (Perception + Stealth - Always Class Skills) (1 RP)
Flexible Bonus Feat (4 RP)

An intertwining of the human and dark folk races led to this blend of their two bloods which closely resemble humans of pale complexion. They are quick-witted and nimble, and have a penchant for the use of poisons. Their continued survival relies upon a mixture of an inborn luck, and a knowledge of how to stay hidden and spot danger.

This race works at a glance, but I would like some kind of physical description first.

Phaia, you have time to work on races, will allow until Sunday for finished concepts (which will include race).  Finished character sheets won't be due yet, though.

Crafting will be done by actually crafting items and attempting to sell them, to teammates or vendors (or the guild).  Profession and perform will be basic rolls, with some modifiers based on the details of your "work."  If you possess a profession and perform, you may roll each and take the highest result.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Zaer Darkwail

Although perform skill allows do it's check like in full day performance or evening around so. While as profession roll always takes full week. But I am fine that you can roll both and take highest result/gold gain from one (so thanks multiple profession/perform skills you have more stable and solid income to get maximum possible gain what you could get, instead placing all income eggs to one basket).

Blinkin

In theory, actually crafting things takes a significant amount of time. Arrows can be produced in a day, but a suit of chainmail might take several weeks before you can complete it, and for minimal profit, even if you can get 70% of it's actual value.

On the other hand, profession/performance rolls, for a week of work, will net more in the long run. You could do a commission process for characters and get partial, if not full payment in advance, but the characters are still looking at potential weeks of wait

I'm not complaining, just pointing out the difficulties. Lets not get into what spell casters who can enchant items will make for a couple of days of work. Staffers are almost set to take creat magical weapons/armor or iems at next level. They need Masterworked items, but how many will be set up to do theier own crafting?

Anyway, just thoughts.

As both skills have a weekly roll to allow for income, and both require, in theory, a full days work for a full day's pay, can you do both crafting and a profession roll at the same time?

Example (Ignoring masterwork as few would be able to make those roles consistantly at 1st level), say the average cost of a weapon (the less expensive of the high income skills) is 10GP. Or, 100 SP. Making average rolls, will take at least 2 weeks of work for a cost of 3 GP, 3SP and 4 CP. If you got 1/2 of it's value, you made less than 1.5 GP for two weeks of work.

On the other hand, a single profession roll might net you, with an average roll, 5 or 6 GP a week. There's still a flaw there. True, the more expensive items, the more you'll make, but it'll be hard to make money that way.

Ideally, selling weapons/armor to other characters would be best, but that would be commission work. Selling to those who enchant would be better, but that gives an enchanter the potential of huge amounts of income for a couple of days of work for what is a couple of days of work, once someone can reliabbly make masterwork items for them.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Zaer Darkwail

Landrik (my char) has craft wondrous items already and later he becomes arcane savant so anyone who can scribe spells for him from divine and arcane spell lists benefits a lot donating some spells to him as he can craft trinkets (as he can take 10 on UMD checks since level 1 as arcane savant). So bardic artificer :P.

Ebb

Just speaking as your average bloodthirsty paladin, it seems like "kill bad guys, take their stuff" is going to be a lot more profitable, at least after a couple of levels. Until you run out of bad guys with stuff. But when does that ever happen?

kckolbe

"Kill guys, take their stuff" is a time-tested way to make money.  While I am tempted to roll this into Profession: Conquistador, I'll likely handle it via missions.  Bear in mind that even adventurers will have down time, both between and (much more rarely) during missions.

Also, bit of a restate, but missions will not be significantly profitable for the PCs (though at first level, nothing else will be, either).

Intro Thread

Blinkin

I thought that creat items and weapon/armor required 5 caster levels. How did you get 5 caster levels out of 4 levels?

Nevermind, I forgot the trait... Congrads.. Now you just need someone to craft the items to enchant. You have to have a trinket befoe you can enchant it... I wonder if I can change crafting to gold or silver smith... lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

kckolbe

Blinkin, to answer your crafting issue, we are going to increase crafting speed significantly, and masterwork will now be a scaling term, with low end masterwork items very craftable at first level.

Intro Thread

Blinkin

Ah, A trial run I did with the old rules, taking 10 on a longsword took 6 weeks. I know in the real world, it takes about 3 days at the outside... seen it done... but that's RL vs RP, so...

I'm still thinking about changing the crafting skill to jewelrer or "goldsmith" Or, would jeweler cover that too? Could be a market in rings, broaches and so on if an enchanter wanted to do business. ;) Small returns, but really short turn around times.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, traits and also favored class bonuses can give +1 CL needed for craft magic weapons&armor. There is little crafting involved with craft wondrous items (cloaks/vests for resistance items, goggles for visual improving magic items etc). Anyways I vote Jeweler profession to handle all crafting relating to jewelry (rings, medallions, earrings, bracers etc).

Blinkin

Ok then, since we seem to have an armorer and weapon smith already (other than me), I'll change the craft skill to jeweler. It would suit her better anyway.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Ghostwheel

And my bow.

(Taking Craft: Bows for m'self.)

Countdown0

Cadrim has Craft: Calligraphy, and Profession: Scribe. Also, as a Wizard, he has scribe scrolls from level 1, and I plan on taking "Craft Wand" at level 5, and probably more item creation feats later on. So he can provide other people with magic. Of course, he's evil, so convincing him to help your character out might not be the easiest thing to do :P
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Blinkin

That's why you pay for work.. it doesn't matter if he's good or evil, it's profit. As for price, the "I'll just go across the street and pay the other character for the same work at a better price" keeps the vil from taking too much advantge of anyone.

So... You wanna enchant this ring for me for a fair price, or I go over there and get it for the same price, but he was less of an asshole about it?" *grins*

Evil doesn't equate to overly dense about doing business.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Countdown0

True. But we have at least 1 paladin applied so far. They might not want help from him.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

CurvyKitten

Sorry I haven't been actively chatting in the ooc goodness, but I have simply trying to get a good concept going. I am playing with the idea of a Ranger, yet I want play a different and somewhat interesting race. So I have been reading over the books to find something fun. That is if I didn't miss seeing some sort of restriction posted in the thread...?

Lockepick

I have also been quiet! Apologies there!

Once I know our group is locked in, I plan on being a bit more vocal about strategy, but for what it's worth: Slatemane took Craft (Alchemy) as his freebie craft. I noticed he's the only rogue in our group -- which is fine. He's got all the Stealth/Perception/Disable Device to disable traps and open locks. Though for Perception -- he does have an 8 Wisdom.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Countdown0

Quote from: CurvyKitten on October 04, 2013, 05:44:43 PM
Sorry I haven't been actively chatting in the ooc goodness, but I have simply trying to get a good concept going. I am playing with the idea of a Ranger, yet I want play a different and somewhat interesting race. So I have been reading over the books to find something fun. That is if I didn't miss seeing some sort of restriction posted in the thread...?

Hey Curvy :D

So far from what I've seen, you can just pick a race, and the GM's will tell you if they are okay with it. You can even create a race, but again, it would be subject to approval by the GMs, and I'm sure that they don't want all of us playing a created race. Right now though, lockepick is the only one with a player made race.

We also don't have a ranger that I'm aware of, so it would definitely be a welcome addition =D

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's