News:

Main Menu

So I'm Freaked Out

Started by LostInTheMist, July 26, 2017, 01:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInTheMist

Just a bit.... I'm house sitting for my parents. Last time I did, a white truck went past my house two or three times in a night....

Six months later, that same white truck went past my house again just now.

Now, it could be innocent; nothing more than someone returning from work....

Except that it happened three times in one night last time. And I can guarantee that no one in my neighborhood owns a truck like that.

And it just went past again in the other direction. Am I being paranoid? Or should I call the police?
My Apologies and Absences  Updated April 1, 2024

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: House sitting. Will not be replying until I return. See my A/As for details.

Stella

Maaaybe a little paranoid? If you're worried, make it known someone is home. Turn a light on or something like that.

It might be a good idea to write down the times you've seen the van go by in case there's something else suspicious going on.

Black Howling

Honestly, it's likely paranoia. Our minds can do a lot of things to us when we're alone, and so that might not even be the same truck. That said, just because you think someone is out to get you, doesn't mean they're not.

Now, further advice kinda depends on where you live. If it's the USA, Don't call 911, it's an emergency number and this isn't an emergency. That said, follow Stella's advice and if you feel more threatened, or something else non emergency happens, call your local PD's non emergency line. Ask if an officer can make a fly by a couple times for you.

Shores

See if you can spot the license plate number and text it to someone in case something does happen!

But yeah, usually turning on a light will deter miscreants.

LostInTheMist

I wouldn't call 9-1-1. It likely wouldn't be that kind of serious. I do have the number of my local police station. As is, I only saw it twice, and late at night, it could easily be someone going home for a meal break during a late shift or something else like that. If I'd seen it another three or five times, I would have called the police but on their local, non-emergency number.

As it is... everything seems fine.
My Apologies and Absences  Updated April 1, 2024

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: House sitting. Will not be replying until I return. See my A/As for details.