mark of the beast?

Started by lindorable, March 21, 2013, 03:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cthonig

I found this product a while ago – advertised for tracking pets, suitcases, whatever. I have considered this for when my father's Alzhiemer's gets worse. Like someone mentioned above, we will likely pay to be tracked.
    But this demonstrates where we are right now. It has a range of 100 feet (line of sight) but the battery will only last 1 year – not something anyone will implant. The locating ability is currently limited and its use requires a bluetooth enabled smartphone.
    http://www.sticknfind.com/

Ephiral

Quote from: Cthonig on April 01, 2013, 12:26:48 AM
    I found this product a while ago – advertised for tracking pets, suitcases, whatever. I have considered this for when my father's Alzhiemer's gets worse. Like someone mentioned above, we will likely pay to be tracked.
    But this demonstrates where we are right now. It has a range of 100 feet (line of sight) but the battery will only last 1 year – not something anyone will implant. The locating ability is currently limited and its use requires a bluetooth enabled smartphone.
    http://www.sticknfind.com/
That's a bluetooth device - higher power requirements, but you get *much* better range and anti-interference capabilities. GPS, however, has power requirements many times worse than this. (Note that their larger GPS-enabled tag lasts for 1/6 as long.) BT also has an issue with rapid and open connections, and a hard limit of seven devices per master, making it a poor choice for wide-net monitoring or tracking.

Gypsy

Quote from: Dim Hon on March 31, 2013, 01:10:33 PM
Can someone post a larger image of the one linked in the first post? That one is way too small for me to make any sense of

http://spectrum.ieee.org/images/mar07/images/rfidef1.gif
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹

Nadir

worthlessfem

Everybody knows that Paul Ryan is the Antichrist and Mitt Romney was the False Prophet!

TaintedAndDelish

Well, if we're among the chosen few, then no need to worry.. according to the Jehovas (who's numbers are currently in the millions) that select few is 144,000.  They say the bible say so... so I'm not gonna argue with that.  ::)

There's supposed to be a great whore who turns everyone away from god. Where's she? I might want to tap some of that. xD

Sabby

I don't really follow these current gen conspiracy theories for the same reason I don't follow current gen DC crossovers. There's too much vagueness, too much confusion, and too much stupid from so many different sources. Usually I love talking about any of these concepts, but not when they pile up in one place like this. I considered asking specific questions about it, like which events were supposedly foretold, where these supposed camps operate, and so forth, but am I going to get actual answers or 6 new tangents to each question?

Deamonbane

Conspiracy theories aside, I think that giving a government too much power, as in knowing where you are, what you are doing, who you are doing it with (pun... maybe intended), what you're buying, what you're selling etc... for the sake of your safety, that means that you might be craving safety a bit too much... We always have to remember that, no matter what beliefs a country is based on, no matter patriotic the people are, people in the government are just that: People. They get greedy, they get jealous, they start wanting more cash, more power, more everything... And they will use things that are good, and turn them into something bad... For myself, I have nothing to hide, and the government has no reason to spy on me, except for a few odd beliefs here and there... So if they wanna keep tabs in me, not only are they evil, they are fucking stupid...
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

RubySlippers

I actually have a non-violent option that would piss off the government and the system if enough citizens did it - stop using ID and ones SSN unless the latter is required by law a narrow list.

This means no ID use and going cash only day to day unless doing online banking but not using it or your SSN day to day it will drive them crazy.

Ephiral

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 25, 2013, 10:17:32 PM
I actually have a non-violent option that would piss off the government and the system if enough citizens did it - stop using ID and ones SSN unless the latter is required by law a narrow list.

This means no ID use and going cash only day to day unless doing online banking but not using it or your SSN day to day it will drive them crazy.
Is... is this actually a change, for the average US citizen? If so, my mind is kinda blown. The last time I actually pulled out my ID was... four years ago, I think? And my SIN... well, I've used that more recently, but only because I needed to to set up tax-free investments for me and my child.

Oniya

Lots of people don't carry cash on a regular basis.  Debit cards are the new 'pocket change'.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ephiral

Quote from: Oniya on April 26, 2013, 03:27:07 PM
Lots of people don't carry cash on a regular basis.  Debit cards are the new 'pocket change'.
Oh, that part... well, yeah, I generally use debit, though I always keep enough cash in my pocket to get home in an emergency. But the ID and SSN thing... I'm not sure what you'd even need them for day-to-day.

Deamonbane

You need those for just about anything nowadays... if you don't intend on being a hermit, anyway...
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Oniya

Last time I pulled out either was at the tax preparer's.  Before that was at the auto insurance place, so they could see that Mr. Oniya was going to be the only driver.  (And that was only my State ID, not my SSN.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Trieste

I don't put my SSN on anything unless it's legally required. I don't even put it on work documents that have a space for it - I leave it blank and tell them that they can come fetch me if they need my social for anything.

... thus far it doesn't seem to be driving anyone crazy, though... *shrug*

worthlessfem

Quote from: TaintedAndDelish on April 25, 2013, 03:53:33 PM
Well, if we're among the chosen few, then no need to worry.. according to the Jehovas (who's numbers are currently in the millions) that select few is 144,000.  They say the bible say so... so I'm not gonna argue with that.  ::)

There's supposed to be a great whore who turns everyone away from god. Where's she? I might want to tap some of that. xD

I think she's based in Babylon which is somewhere in Iraq!

TaintedAndDelish

Eh... Burkas, black mummy wrap, 100+ degree weather, blowing sand. Not my thing. :)

Secretwriter

My concern is that the links referring to Christianity seem to be on the jesus-is-savior.com level... Which is pretty much extreme radical fanatical wack jobs who say everything is wrong and that aliens are going to probe us. And that kind of pisses me off, because I am a Christian. I do not want to be represented by that trash. Conspiracy theories and political agenda are too much a part of those sites. I do not believe in the Christian concentration camps, the chipping, or the mark of the beast. It's offensive to be lumped in with that. Seriously.

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

TaintedAndDelish

No disrespect intended, but the "Mark of the beast" is straight from the bible.

Quote16And he causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18Here is wisdom. Let him that has understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred three score and six.

Some Christian groups claim that the bible can be taken literally - word for word, others state that not everything in it is meant to be taken literally. Others still claim that you need to take it in some special context or that it needs to be interpreted along side some other snippet of cherry picked biblical stuffs - conveniently putting the reader in a highly dis-empowered position.

Which Christian group is correct in the way that they interpret the bible? Don't bother trying to answer that... My point is simply to illustrate a larger problem.

Sabby

I wouldn't be surprised if conspiracy theories such as the impending One World Government could be interpreted from Biblical prophecies. Hell, I once heard someone claim that Obama being a Reptilian was foretold as a sign of the Rapture.

TaintedAndDelish

Eh... Burn the Antichrist before he destroys the world. Makes logical sense, right? Sadly, this sort of thinking can have tragic results. The example below is obviously an example of extremist, irrational thinking, but I'm sure the people or person involved were convinced that what they were doing made sense and was completely rational. My point is to point out how terribly astray religious thinking can go.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/04/26/chile-sect-burning-baby/2116881/

Edit: Changed my original post after thinking about it some more. My original comment was tasteless.

Secretwriter

The mark is in the bible... I just find it to be a bit out there. If people are warned about it, it won't be let happen. They won't take it. But this mark has been mentioned forever, even in relation to Holocaust tattooing. Social security numbers. The list continues.

I really hope they catch the morons who burned the baby. That really upset me.

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Healergirl

What Secretwriter said abut the bby burners.  Iwould be going WTF?  Ub alas, I am a bit jaded, I've heard of crap like this before.

These whackjobs lack the faith of their out-there convictions.  Revelations states pretty clearly - unusually clearly, for that book especially,  tha the antichrist will not be known until (presumably) he makes Himself known.

chaoslord29

Quote from: Healergirl on May 14, 2013, 08:04:31 AM
What Secretwriter said abut the bby burners.  Iwould be going WTF?  Ub alas, I am a bit jaded, I've heard of crap like this before.

These whackjobs lack the faith of their out-there convictions.  Revelations states pretty clearly - unusually clearly, for that book especially,  tha the antichrist will not be known until (presumably) he makes Himself known.

The concept of the antichrist itself is something of a corruption from the original meaning. By all accounts, antichrist is a reference not to a particular evil entity, but to those who are not Christians, or those who oppose Christianity, or are otherwise anti-Christian (against Christ). The idea here is that in the same way that "we" (the Church) are the body of Christ, then the body of individuals who are against the church are the antichrist. Assuming you run with this interpretation, then just as you said it's pretty easy to tell who the antichrist is, because they make themselves known in anti-Christian actions.
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari
My ideas and O/Os:Darker Tastes and Tales

Oniya

Quote from: chaoslord29 on May 14, 2013, 09:47:57 AM
Assuming you run with this interpretation, then just as you said it's pretty easy to tell who the antichrist is, because they make themselves known in anti-Christian actions.

QFT, and because it provides a little context for what I really wanted to add.

Secretwriter:  Not to worry - the true Christians make themselves known by their Christian actions as well.  Even a heathen like me can sort the wheat from that chaff.