HP: The Marauder's Era

Started by mindlessmenage, December 09, 2010, 09:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revenent

I always imagined Wormtail as being a bit different during his school days, seeing the other three Marauders never tossed him out of the group.

mindlessmenage

He was probably a gigantic ego booster. But it's true, there had to be some good qualities about him if he got into Gryffindor.
"Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets
oral sex, no matter how bad it is."
- Barbara Bush

"When a guy goes to a hooker, he's not paying her for sex, he's paying her to leave." -Author Unknown

Alysanthia

I always wondered how Wormtail went from being their friend, to ultimately betraying them...

Revenent

I figure he seemed just as loyal to them at first as he did to Voldemort, but ultimately he knew Voldemort would kill him if he didn't turn on them.

WittyShrew

Are we allowed to play two canon chars? o_O I can totally handle Snape. He's usually what I rp anyway.

:I Idk. Or I could switch from Regulus to Snape if he's that important. =P

WerewolfofLondon

Quote from: WittyShrew on December 13, 2010, 10:04:43 PM
Are we allowed to play two canon chars? o_O I can totally handle Snape. He's usually what I rp anyway.

:I Idk. Or I could switch from Regulus to Snape if he's that important. =P

*Great Big Puppy Dog Eyes*

My Gryna would be so happy if there was a Snape!

mindlessmenage

You can take on as many characters as you feel comfortable playing, that is entirely up to you. I often play multiple characters.

While we're waiting, I want to post a Character Thread and I was just wondering everyone's preference of what section I should post it in. Like I've said before I'm open to anything so I think it's important for you all to have a say.
"Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets
- Barbara Bush

"When a guy goes to a hooker, he's not paying her for sex, he's paying her to leave." -Author Unknown

WittyShrew

Alysanthia

WerewolfofLondon

Yay Severus! *Does The Happy Dance*

As for which section it should go in, would witches and wizards count as exotic? I don't think we'd fit into extreme unless people were planning on some heavy duty violence.

minerva7790

Quote from: WerewolfofLondon on December 13, 2010, 10:06:52 PM
*Great Big Puppy Dog Eyes*

My Gryna would be so happy if there was a Snape!

As will my Sirius~~ And the Sirius/Snape fans here... =D

Quote from: Revenent on December 13, 2010, 03:36:18 PM
And, just like the real HP series, no one of any importance is in Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. :P

I might make a Ravenclaw original character later, but eh, we'll see. :P
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

WittyShrew

Revenent

I was thinking about my potential original character a Ravenclaw myself, but I haven't figured out enough about them yet to be certain.

As for which section to put this in, I doubt my characters will be doing anything to extreme or violent (at least not sexually), so I leave it up to everyone else. Also, major deja vu while typing this. :o

Alysanthia

*Waves her small Hufflepuff flag in the corner.* Yay for different houses... And a big yay for Sirius/Snape fans. *Giggles and blushes.*

mindlessmenage

I'd say they're all in human form so I don't think it'd be considered exotic. So how about Light: Human Small Groups. Someone can always start a thread in another section if they'd like to in the future.
- Barbara Bush

WerewolfofLondon

I have never really considered Severus/Sirus cause they hate each other so much... but they're both my favourites... so I guess I'll go and do some *cough* research...

And yus, Light: Human Small Groups sounds good to me. Like you said, if things get darker we can always post a thread else where.

minerva7790

Actually, I imagine Sirius and James performing Levicorpus on poor Snivellus, and I can think of a hundred different things to do with him in that position...  >:)

But, yes, let's just keep it light.. :P

Quote from: Revenent on December 13, 2010, 10:41:03 PM
I was thinking about my potential original character a Ravenclaw myself, but I haven't figured out enough about them yet to be certain.

I usually play a Ravenclaw OC in Harry Potter RPs, actually, so I think I'm quite good at them. I hope. XD
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

mindlessmenage

- Barbara Bush

Alysanthia

Yay *goes to post her character there.*

Also I think it sounds fair to put it in Light: Human Small Groups.

Kendra

Good with Light Human Small Groups - and that darker posts can go elsewhere
I have a feeling that as the students get older they will need those darker posts anyhow

Thanks for doing up the introduction thread mindless ;)

BlueEyedBard

Name:Brutus Tremlett
House:Ravenclaw
Appearance:
Large dark eyes and a strong physique, perfect for an athlete. He keeps his hair short or shaved. If he isn't wearing his robes he is usually wearing athletic style shirts and sweatpants, preferring the freedom of movement it gives him as opposed to the constricting fashions that most of the students wear. 

Personality:Adventurous and strong willed, he has a tendency to rush forward in the face of an obstacle despite the consequences. This sometimes gets him into trouble but he always ends up successful in whatever he tries. His "Never say die" attitude can cause his ego to be a little inflated at times but he is still a genuine good hearted person; kind and supportive and honest, even to a fault. His confidence even has the ability to be contagious at times driving others forward as well, this quality makes him a natural leader. 

History (be as detailed as possible:Brutus was borne in Johannesburg to a pure-blood mother and father, sadly his mother died during childbirth leaving his father to raise him alone. His Father, Archibald Tremlett, is an ambassador of peace from South Africa working for the Ministry of Magic. Though his true him is Johannesburg Brutus was forced to pick up and move every week or so because of his fathers job. He would be in South Africa one day then off to England the next and before he unpacked he would be off to Cairo or St. Petersburg. Getting used to a new city, new people and new surroundings.
Because of all this moving Brutus got used to entertaining himself, not because it was hard for him to make friends, but because he didn't like leaving his friends behind, and every time they had to move that's exactly what happened. Because of this lonely lifestyle Brutus stayed close to his father who, not having a companion of his own, was happy to teach his son everything he knew about the world.
When it came time to go to school there was no lack of options, Brutus could have chosen to study anywhere in the world, but being a friend of the Ministry of Magic based in London Archibald insisted that he attend Hogwarts. Now in his final year at school Brutus has lived up quite well to his father's name. He made friends with anyone, he leaped forward at the opportunity to try anything new and he had been appointed captain of the Ravenclaw Quidditch team. 

Sexuality:Straight

Nevers:Gore, bodily waste, torture, humiliation

Other: He has a problem with being cooped up in one place for a long time and has a tendency to venture where he is not allowed to go like the Forbidden woods and many of the various off limits parts of Hogwarts.

Wand: Black-wood from the South African jungles with a center of Pegasus Feather
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

BlueEyedBard

I hope it isn't too late for me to have posted my character.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

WerewolfofLondon

I don't think you are, we haven't started yet so I think it's all good!

Cythieus

I will have my character sheet up later today or tomorrow.

Alysanthia