Sword Art Online [Light, Bon, Exotic, NC, Extreme]

Started by Sabre, September 10, 2012, 10:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

Gonna back out I think... as much as I like the setting, I'm still just starting getting familiar with it, I'd rather yield to those who have more experience with the details of the world and such ^^

Sabre

That's alright, though you could always convincingly RP a total newbie who survived this far on luck!

So it seems most aren't very keen on a too-detailed stat list, which works too.

I'm thinking we begin this on floor 7 or 8, and will likely progress to around 25, but who knows what'll happen in the future.

Matthew

Heh, well, I'll leave it up to you, RPing a newbie could be interesting I suppose :P You'd likely have to help me a bit with character 'skills' and such then, though...

Vergil1989

I'm new as well to the show so don't feel bad on that regard Matthew, but on the other hand I'm quick to grasp new games and stuff so it might not be such a hard thing for me lol.  Joking aside, I think I'm gonna wait and see what someone else's profile will look like before I try to make my own, just so I don't screw up on anything and all that.  :D  Anyway, I like how our local Notorious put it in a sense, but again it's your call Sabre, I'm just along for the ride lol.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

NotoriusBEN

I'll go ahead and make a character, lemme know what you guys think. I knew that looking for an image of an overweight archer was going to be hard, but this guy is the only one on the internet and I hate cats >.>
So yea... take these two images and mash them together and that's what my guy looks like... its hack knee'd but Im too tired to do a photoshop atm...
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

((Im going to indulge Saber a bit by filling out his chart, but Im not using numbers unless he really wants us to. I didnt have anything special when deciding on stat descriptors, but if others like it, just put down 1 excellent stat, 1 good stat, 2 fair stats, and 1 poor stat. The number for HP is arbitrary, but with a low endurance stat, i went a little low. an excellent endurance stat might be 180 HP. For Gear and Items, I just chose something that would be apparent in about 95% of MMOs at this level.))

Name:  Kirk Lawson
Profile name:   Inoshishi (Ino to those that know him)
Appearance:  Ino is a 5'10'' tall guy who's a bit on the husky side. His attire is rather plain and generic at the start of SAO like most other players, but as he's leveled, he has tried to keep his gear looking functional more than ornate. Unlike other archers, Ino disdains jumping around the battlefield like a grasshopper. He is the tower to which others look to in the battlefield, using his position to exploit the enemy and provide tactical quips to his fellow players. He is one of the few players that chose the longbow, others that were strength based chose heavy weapons. Just because he doesnt move around does not mean Ino is a liability. By timing the enemy's attack, he has successfully dodged and countered death blows.

Offline Bio: Kirk was in his senior year of college before the events of SAO trapped him along with everyone else. The first few days after the announcement left him terrified that someone in his fraternity would yank his cable like they did to Scott and Blake. Thankfully, they stopped doing so, realizing that Akihiko was in control. He was going for his Bachelors in Business at UW but like most 18 to 34 year olds, video games were a significant portion of his recreation time, sororities being the other portion of it.  He's been pining for a Strawberry Limeade from Sonic right about now...

Level: 7
HP: 800
Strength:  Excellent
Agility: Fair
Endurance: Poor
Resistance: Fair
Luck: Good

Skill slots: 7
--Sword Skills
Long Bow
--Arm Pinion
--Foot and Nail
--Ballista Strike

Daggers
Leather Equipment
Weapon Guard
--Charge Breaker
Escape
Battle Healing
Detection

Main equipment:  Oak Long Bow, Iron Dagger, Leather Armor
Items: Teleport Crystal, Antidote Crystal, Health Potions x3

Vergil1989

Name:  Angela Cross
Profile name:  Athena
Appearance:  (The 'Real' image I used, just age her appropriately and you'll have the right idea for what I was able to put together lol.)
('Real life image.')

(Former avatar image.)
Offline Bio:  Angela Cross had a twin brother the day SAO went sideways, to put it one way.  To put it in her own words, Angela had a twin brother until the creator decided to play God and trapped ten thousand people in his virtual world which quickly became a living Hell for a lot of people, herself included.  She lost him the first day to the crazed mobs as soon as they exited to the fields, hoping things would calm down until he was PKed and she nearly joined him if not for a passing group of Blood Oaths guild members.  Ever since then she's been a loner, pushing everyone away that dare get too close, often times at a point of a sword.  She'd rather survive alone than have someone else die on her behalf considering the fact the thrown dagger meant for her was blocked by her brother at the last moment.  If she ever finds the one responsible again he will pay dearly, of that she swore long ago.

Level:  7
HP:  1010
Strength:  Good
Agility:  Excellent
Endurance:  Fair
Resistance:  Fair
Luck:  Poor

Skill slots:  7
Sword Skills

Flip Strike
Sweep Slice
Air Raid

Leather Armor
Sprint
Acrobatics
Throwing Weapons
Listening
Detection
Cooking

Main equipment:  Throwing Daggers, Iron Straight Sword, Studded Leather Armor
Items:  1 Teleport Crystal, Antidote Crystal, 4 Health Potions
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Vaulera

Name: Kaede Mishima
Profile name: Akiko
Appearance: (Real world)

Offline Bio: Akiko had been a regular girl in her first year of university, good grades, pretty average social life, but one of her friends was an avid Nerve Gear fan and player. She convinced Akiko to stay in line and get a copy, to play SAO with her on it's launch day. Little did Akiko know. When the announcement was made, her friend panicked, and along with many other newer players, was killed on the first level.

HP: 1200
Strength: Excellent
Agility: poor
Endurance: Good
Luck: Fair

Equipped skills:
Heavy Metal armor
Unarmed Combat
-Flash Hit
-Savage Blows
Embracer
Musical Instrument
Detection
Battle Healing
Sprint

Main equipment: Basic iron chain mail and cuirass (Assuming it's basic heavy metal)
Items: 1 TP Crystal, 1 healing crystal, Instrument (Unsure)

Latooni Subota

To my knowledge, unarmed doesn't actually use any weapons, it just goes off your Strength Final Fantasy Tactics style. Unless I'm misremembering. >.>
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Kaisude

Name: Dante Salvatore
Profile name: Aoi Kishi
Appearance: (Real World)

6'2 184lbs.
Offline Bio: Dante was a beta tester before SAO came out, and outside of that he was really a normal guy. He did have a job at the grocery store. He had few friends and found that he made more friends playing video games. So being alone in the real world was just a click of a button away from being fixed. After getting a copy of SAO he didn't know he would be stuck in the world, but he really isn't at all saddened by it.

HP: 1100
Strength: Good
Agility: Excellent
Endurance: Fair
Luck: Poor

Equipped skills:
Acrobatics
Battle Healing
Parry
Leather Armor
One Handed Curve Blade
Night Vision
Sprint
Main equipment: Standard One Handed Curve Blade, Leather Armor and clothes,
Items: 1 TP Crystal, 2 Healing Crystals, 2 Antidote Crystals,

Vaulera

Katana is just an offshoot of curved sword, so it wouldn't hurt to write that. No, it probably is just like you said, I wouldn't be surprised, it makes sense, just writing it down just encase. I imagine bracers would be part of the armour anyway.

Vergil1989

I have no idea what to put for my armor skill.  Still, this is looking mighty interesting already.  :D  Anyway, so that's the guy I plan to hook 'Athena' up with then?  Looks good to me lol.  Joking aside, are you ok with that idea still or did I ever ask to begin with?  I can't remember at the moment Kaisude.

Kaisude

It's fine Verg we talked about it brief. There's no strong detail to the idea, but just that small bit is good. Gives us more room to work things out.

@Vaulera I get what you're saying. I did the research and it is part of curved swords. I am going to change it to make it correct.

pendarious

I figure that by making a stat low I could get two Excellent stats...however if no one else agrees with me I'll willingly change it.

Name: Yuuya Saitou

Profile Name: Kenjirou (Kenji for short)

Appearence: (real world)

Offline Bio: A first year in university with a little too much time on his hands. Yuuya loved video games but found that SAO appeared to be the topic of most discussions. He thought that perhaps if it got this much of a stir before it's release then it would be worth checking out. So he got the game when it came out and signed on. Much to his surprise it was all just some project that would allow it's creator Kayaba Akihiko to play god. He was rather stunned after the announcement was made but then quickly regained his composure and went out to begin his journey through the 100 floors of Aincrad.

Hp: 1,300
Strength: Excellent
Agility: Low
Endurance:good
Resistance:Low
Luck: fair

Skill Slots: 7
Equipped:

Halberd (Off shoot of 2 handed Axe)
Heavy Metal equipment
Detection
Unarmed Combat
Listen
Combat Healing
Cooking

Equipment: Iron Halberd, Iron Plate Mail armor, sleeveless shirt, long coat, Iron Plate Boots, Leather Boots, Iron Gauntlets, cotton pants,Iron helmet, 4 healing potions,1 teleport crystal, 2 antidote crystals (Lucky drops), and materials for starting a fire.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Vaulera

Well, considering that poor is the same thing as low, just having one poor and two excellents is still more. I would say that you need to have the rest of them poor if you want two excellents.

NotoriusBEN

vaulera beat me to it  ;)
I just considered the types to let you shine in one stat, be crappy in another and let you be ok in the other three. The ''level'' of proficiency in those stats dont mean any tangible number. Oh yea, Kaisude probably needs to change one of his 'Goods' into a 'Poor'. That's probably where Pen might have been confused.

My character is incredibly strong, and lucky, pulling off amazing shots and counters, but if he gets hit, he's in a world of hurt. Looking at his dagger skill with those two stats? He's not fancy. He steps inside your slash and guts you like a fish before breaking your sword arm.

My initial impression of Akiko is that she's a straight up brawler. She's got the punch and the hp to back up whatever she has in mind. Her agility though? I'm thinking she just takes hits as she dishes them. (I wouldnt underestimate her, she probably punches weapons in half :P )

With Athena? She's pure skill. Luck doesnt factor into her fights, you know its a done deal with her around.

That's just how I view them. Their writers may think of it differently and even then, they may have a Sword Skill that's their own trump card. (Like my Charge Breaker. Enemies that rush my guy are in for a surprise as their quick close with me rebukes them.)

(Im not writing for anyone. Its just how I see your character. The unexpected assumption is great rp material.)

Vergil1989

You forgot the fact I plan to have her become quite proficient with either dual swords and/or a katana, otherwise you had her pegged pretty good lol.

Acid Lips

If I knew the system I would play, given that I have no idea what your guys using I guess I can't join. I would just like to say that I wish you luck and look forward to read it.

Sabre

There isn't any system we can use, and probably won't be using a system much at all.  Right now the 'stats' we're mulling over is just a conceptual discussion on how to balance our characters which will either be streamlined or just kept as reference for GMs.  We'll likely be playing this as freeform.

Acid Lips

Mmmm any code I need to follow if I decide to join?

pendarious

Quote from: Vaulera on September 14, 2012, 11:56:40 PM
Well, considering that poor is the same thing as low, just having one poor and two excellents is still more. I would say that you need to have the rest of them poor if you want two excellents.

I see what your getting at there *shrugs* though the way I viewed it was splitting skill points from the one "poor" stat into the other two "fair" stats to prevent them from being in the poor zone though if you believe I should reduce one of those stats then that's fine I'll go ahead and do that.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Sabre

Nothing like a code, but a character sheet will be there just to give a good sense of the kind of character you'll be playing, to be aware of the limits and having specialties and quirks that set her apart from others.  Basically what is your character's strengths, weaknesses, weapon preferences, and specialized skills and/or hobbies?  A general idea is all that is needed, and the finite details can be fleshed out either by other people here in this thread or by the GM during the actual game as your skills and abilities are explained.

As we'll all be moderately 'new' players to the game, it's perfectly acceptable to play a character who doesn't really understand the world or its mechanics to the same degree as everyone else.

NotoriusBEN

Quote from: Acid Lips on September 15, 2012, 01:34:26 AM
If I knew the system I would play, given that I have no idea what your guys using I guess I can't join. I would just like to say that I wish you luck and look forward to read it.

--This ''MMO universe'' is a VR world like .Hack or the Matrix and does not have magic. There are no fireballs or healing spells. It's pure skill with a weapon. There are ''Sword Skills'' that are combos or signature moves associated with those skills. The TV show emphasizes them with colored ribbons of light. (It gets complicated later because higher level weapons and Sword Skills can have elemental attributes attached to them to give those ''magic effects''. It's still essentially your ability with a weapon.)

--There is no revive or resurrection. Mr. Akihiko (the lead engineer of the Nerve Headgear hardware and designer of SAO) has trapped us along with about ten thousand others within his MMO world for his own twisted jollies and whims. If we die in the game, we die in real life as the headgear microwaves our brains. The Headgear prevents us from moving our real bodies (hope you were in a comfy chair or bed). Anyone in the real world trying to remove it, activates the killswitch all the same. The only way out is to climb the 100 levels and win. It's WOW Hardcore mode. (Again it gets a little complicated because there are rumors of super rare resurrection items. The TV show had only one during a special event)

--Oh, another thing. Mr. Akihiko has revealed everyone's real world face. What you look like in the real world is how you appear in the game. No guys get to pose as girls (unless they are in drag). That 10 foot tall barbarian in any other game is actually 4'7'' and 16 years old.

--On page 3 is a list of something like 50 skills ranging from weapons, to armor, to crafting, to searching, etc.  just choose 7 of them for now.

--for your five stats of strength, agility, endurance, resistance and luck: there are no numbers. just put ''1 excellent, 1 good, 2 fairs and 1 poor'' into each stat. It's the only part with ''hard rules'' at the moment. These let us have a quick look at what your character is all about. your great in one aspect to let another person shine somewhere else and flawed in another, because having flaws makes characters interesting.

--For your Sword Skills, make 4 cool sounding names that a low level character would have and gives us an idea of what that Sword Skill is all about. We just started out, so we only know how to activate a few special moves. (look at my character sheet for reference). At level 7 an axe wielder would have Overhead Cleave or Pommel Smash not Diabolical Dice or Fire Sweep. A spear user would have Hard Thrust and a shield user would have Studdering Bash or Quick Block.  Anyone who looks at those skills has a good idea what to expect from them.

--The HP number. Arbitrary, but kind of base it off your endurance stat. Poor HP is 70, Excellent HP is 180 to give you an idea.  It's a trope of the genre.

--Same with equipment and items. Totally made up, but in tune with gear you'd associate as low level in an MMO. (You'd have Bronze or Iron, not Mythril or SpiderSteel)

That's essentially it. It's not hard. I had more trouble finding pictures and writing it all down than actually deciding anything.

Latooni Subota

You know, these amounts of HP are exceedingly low for level 7-ish. Shouldn't we be floating around between 500 (for poor) and 800 (for excellent)? After all, what game would start our HP in the double digits at level 1?

(Also did some random math involving Kirito's HP and level, giving me 192 a level. When you consider you probably gain more HP at higher levels due to higher Endurance stats, early game HP increases are probably between 50-100 based on how high your Endurance is?)

Edit: Also, I found a new image and was suddenly struck with inspiration. Instead of earlier concept I was working on, I am now going with a RIVAL WEAPONSMITH. Should be fun!

Edit2: I assume since we're such a low level, no Extra Skills yet, right?
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Sylia

Well in that case, I'll hold off on marking down hp until we've got a solid idea of what we wanna start with for it. The rest.. is on its way!

Vaulera

That's a good point, maybe a changing of our HP would be in order, maybe set a poor endurance hp gain per level at 80 or 90 and an excellent person's to a solid 180 or even 200. To me, those 'stats' are fine, they are more of a way to visualize the sort of role your character would have in the party, combined with the sort of weapons they use and other such things. As of right now, we have no mace, axe, greatsword or other such weapon wielders. The only blunt is my character's fists, really.