Gods/Goddess RP (Checking and Interest Check)

Started by Xenphir, April 30, 2014, 11:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenphir

If there is already an RP like this please let me know where I can find it, if I can join :O

Introduction

Before humanity, the gods and goddesses of the Earth roamed the land freely. They took care of the balance of things, making sure the world was full of peace and not one being over-took the planet. However, they could not learn and live life themselves, and animals were not smart enough to project themselves through. They all worked together, adding various emotions and differences to their work until a human was at last created. At first, all seemed well and working. The immortals could hide inside the humans, observing, watching, living. The could change back and forth between various ones for a better, more diverse learning.
     However, humanity eventually failed their peaceful ideals. The humans were far too smart, and the gods and goddesses could not reveal themselves to explain to them what was right and wrong. The species overtook the planet and over-populated it, claiming it for themselves. The land was no longer shared by any, but instead owned under invisible claims called "property". The gods and goddesses realised that with intelligence and decision making skills, the species were bound to make mistakes. They blamed it upon themselves at first, but soon accepted the beauty of humanity. While it overtook wildlife it still let them learn of more emotions and differences.
    Now it is the modern age and the year 2014. Only fourteen years ago did gods and goddesses start living amongst the humans. With the ever growing race, evil surely spread. Gods that abandoned the heavens to live only in humanity were over come by the sudden rush of emotion. Now that there minds were able to be soiled, some even worked to kill humans or destroy the world. However, not all were as susceptible to the changes and sudden rush of negative energies.
   These gods and goddesses are now called upon to defend the humans of the Tainted. Though since they cannot interfere with human life as deities, they must live as humans with minimal powers compared to what they used to have. The ones that can withstand the Taint appear human, but carry secret powers from the heavens that they must hide from normal humans. They have now been labeled Purifica and even other Purifica cannot tell if someone else is one or not until they see them use their powers or are told so.
   While they protect the humans from the Tainted it is not without cost. Living as a Purifica means they gave up immortality and will die like other humans in time. Luckily, that time is doubled and most Purifica have birthdays every two years instead of every year in order to keep track of their human age.

A sudden rise in Tainted has spiked in the large city of L.A. and now Purifica have been gathering to fight off the Tainted. With the Tainted having godlike powers, only the Purifica can stand a chance. With so many around though, it gets harder every day to keep it a secret from humanity. Will their secret be revealed? Will they lose to the amassing numbers of Tainted? Why are there so many in one place? Are they gathering for something or even someone? All questions are answered in time. For now, they must keep fighting!

The character sheet would look like this:

(Picture goes here.)
Deity: (Username)
Purifica name:
Human Age: (One half of your deities age. Anywhere from 21-40)
Sexual preference: (LGBT Friendly :D)
Element: (Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Light, Darkness. Inquire about anything else if you want it added.)
Main ability: (One strong ability. Might be two if lots of people want to have two.)
Minor Abilities: (Up to Three.)
Appearance: (Height/Weight/Eye Color/Tats/Piercings etc)
Bio: (One-Three Paragraphs.)
Extra: (Link your O/O's or briefly describe them. Anything else about your character or extra pics go here too.)

Main abilities would be like, Controlling water, freezing water, breathing fire, making fire at the snap of your fingers, controlling the wind, create lightning, move the earth and make it float/chuck giant rocks etc :p Things that would be good in a fight. These should be connected to your element.

Minor would be like turning lights on and off, making rooms dark, making it cloudy when sad, Filling empty cups with wine or water. These don't have to connect to your chosen element but they can ^^

Yukina

Xenphir

Yeah but the element would go under Earth.

So it could be like
Element: Earth
Main ability: Controlling metal
Minor Abilities: Etc :o

Metro Mech

Is it possible to be a god of rivers and be more animal?
Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
A/A <- check here if I haven't replied in some time
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
Behold my O/O

Xenphir

Animal? The setting was meant to be modern day and in the city, as humans o-o Rivers is possible under the water element, but I don't think an animal.

Metro Mech

Humanoid animal like Anubis, that is what I am talking about 
Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
Behold my O/O

Xenphir

Well it is a modern-day RP and the gods/goddesses have to blend in with the humans. If something like an Anubis were walking around I think it would alarm them quite a bit.

But... his minor ability could be to change into an anubis maybe?

Metro Mech

Yeah that was my plan but not for Anubis, I was going to do it for Sorbek
Behold my O/O

Xenphir

Metro Mech

Behold my O/O

Xenphir

Well I'm not really sure if the group will get started. x.x Doesn't seem to be taking an interest and I'd rather not make another group just for it to die off in five posts again.

Metro Mech

Well can I take this into a One on One with you?
Behold my O/O

Xenphir

Do you do MxM? o-o You can PM me if you'd like to then.

PrestaDGTation

Holy Noms!!!  Can I?  Can I??  This is teh w00t!!

Even if it was a smaller thing, I'd enjoy playing with this one!  Just let me know!!
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Xenphir

Well I can make it next week if at least two others are intersted but it won't be anything fancy.

ManofDawnLight

Very interested.  Any slots you'd like filled?
Short stories for now.  Light posts.

I am returning slowly.

Xenphir

Not really. :o There isn't any specific roles. Just preferably that everyone had different abilities.

ManofDawnLight

If we can choose actual historical dieties, I choose Dionysus.  A lot of people think of him as the Wine god, but he was so much more than that.  He was a paradox.  He would take everything and make it its opposite, forcing people to reconsider their conceptions of self and the world around them.

Yeah, the ladies don't seem to be running in on this one.  I'd prefer some to be here.  Perhaps we should PM ones we think would like it?  Either that or Xenphir  you might find a way to reboot the idea.  Maybe make a stronger sex appeal?  I don't know.  Me being new to the forum and all, I probably am just talking out of my ass...sideways.

I am returning slowly.

Xenphir

o-o I suppose I didn't realize since I only do MxM xD Well now that I know there is some interest I will make a new interest thread in detail after some of the main parts are talked over here.

However, I think only OC's I will aloud here, sorry. But, you can make someone like Dionysus if you wish just as long as the name is different and he isn't 100% the same.

ManofDawnLight

I am returning slowly.

Izaya Orihara

Thinking of a god of Void/Darkness. Though I'm not sure if one could lump both things together. Though Void could be described as nothingness, or an absence, and Darkness as an absence of Light, so one could say they're basically the same thing in such a manner. Though one covers more things.

Anyway, one could say I'm interested, even if it doesn't seem to be getting a lot of attention...
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

SpiralSpider

I'd like to get in on this if there's still room.  :-)
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

ManofDawnLight

Quote from: Izaya Orihara on May 05, 2014, 05:25:29 PM
Thinking of a god of Void/Darkness. Though I'm not sure if one could lump both things together. Though Void could be described as nothingness, or an absence, and Darkness as an absence of Light, so one could say they're basically the same thing in such a manner. Though one covers more things.

Anyway, one could say I'm interested, even if it doesn't seem to be getting a lot of attention...

Just because the Greeks saw them as two different things doesn't mean we have to.

I am returning slowly.

Xenphir

I hate to ask this but does anyone want to own the thread/idea? Like, make the RP? I won't be able to until next week due to my mother's surgery and tests and chemo etc that is going on so I will be too busy to.

ManofDawnLight

Hmm.  No offense to you Xenphir, but I find that when a story is handed off before it begins, it lacks something.  I'll step back from this storyline, but you guys PM me if it starts up again.  Thanks.

I am returning slowly.