Best Friends (AAA111 & angeli)

Started by angeli, December 31, 2009, 09:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AAA111

"Yeah if all goes well I should be done with both math and science. But first I have to pass both in order to be fully done with math and science" I say thinking how positive and reassuring he has always been towards her. That is what she missed most about having Tristan in her life.

"Yes Yes Yes. That is the best idea you have ever had. I miss hearing your voice and telling me everything will be okay when I don't think it will be. It's been a rough semester and I missed having my best friend in the whole world right by my side. I have guy friends here but they don't really compare to the friendship me and you have T" She always used to call him T when they were younger. She doesn't think he likes it but it kind of slipped.

"I mean Tristan..sorry. So how is life treating you these days..anything new and exciting going on?"

angeli

When Lauren agreed wholeheartedly, it made Tristan's face light up with happiness. "Great! I've missed you, too!" It didn't bother him that Lauren called him "T" although he would never tell her that. She was the only one who could call him that, and it was because she was his best friend.

"Now, Lauren," Tristan said in a mock-scolding voice. "You know I'm the most boring human on the face of this earth. Nothing new and exciting happens with me. What about you? Got any guy hanging onto your every word?" The question made Tristan feel a slight pang, but he brushed it off impatiently, not wanting to think about it right now.

I want your love and I want your revenge
You and me I could write a bad romance

ONs & OFFs
Apologies & Absences [09.25.2014]

AAA111

She laughs hysterically as he tells her that he is the most boring man on the face of this earth "Oh shut up. Your not boring at all best friend. You are super cool"

"Um I was dating this Chase guy for like a year but we broke up yesterday. So right now I'm completely single just trying to relax" She tries to tell him without showing any kind of sad emotion. She does not want him to feel bad about anything. She just wants him to be happy.

angeli

"Oh." The single word was emotionless, but inside Tristan could feel his chest tightening painfully from a complex mix of emotions. "I didn't realize you were seeing someone." It drove home the point--again--that they hadn't spoken for so long.

"Why did you break up?" His voice was gentle, letting her know silently that he was willing to listen if she wanted to talk about it.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

"Yeah I was seeing someone..I guess that is what happens when your best friend shuts you out" She says laughing hoping that he knows that she is just teasing him. She knows things are going to change now and she is incredibly happy to know that it is really going to happen.

"Um to be honest it was more of a "guy" thing..if you know what I mean" She says looking thinking back to how chase dumped her because she wouldn't put out for him. She was hoping that Tristan would talk her through this and make everything okay just like he always did when they were younger. She misses having that constant guy to go to that will somehow make everything seem okay when she doesn't think it will be. 

angeli

ooc: whoops! don't know why i didn't respond to this. sorry!

"Whoa whoa whoa, let's back up a second here." Tristan's voice was all indignant male. "Are you telling me that you started dating someone because we weren't talking anymore? Lauren! That makes no sense!" Tristan was shaking his head, even though she couldn't see him through the phone.

"And what's a guy thing?" He had his suspicions, but he didn't want to assume anything.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

ooc:it is not a big deal..i've done it before too!

"What? No no no. I liked the guy when I first met him. Had nothing to do with us not talking. I was just saying you didn't know I was dating anyone because we didn't talk and keep in touch" She says laughing thinking it is kind of funny that he was overreacting not sure why he was doing that.

"Right like you don't know what a guy thing is..come on Tristan" She says not wanting to be rude she knows that he knows but she thinks its sweet that he doesn't come out and say it automatically.

angeli

"No, you come on, Lauren. You can't just say 'a guy thing' and expect me to know what it is. What if I said I wasn't dating Amy anymore because of a girl thing? What would that mean to you?" They had been best friends for a long time, so Tristan knew how Lauren's mind functioned. He thought the question would prompt her to speak more freely. After all, he didn't want to name some things and have them be the wrong thing.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

"Tristan your my best friend and I absolutely adore you but sometimes you can be so how should i put it hmm annoying" She says laughing at him as she tells him that. She doesn't think he is annoying but she does love to tease him still after all of this time.

" A 'guy' thing means i didn't put out for him so he decided we weren't meant to be together and so he broke up with me" She tells him trying really hard not to cry but a single tear does roll down her cheek. She doesn't want to make Tristan feel bad at all for her even though she tends to feel bad for herself alot.

angeli

"Well then." Tristan let out a huff of air as Lauren explained her situation with her ex. "He's a total loser, Lauren. He didn't deserve you." He could hear the quality of her silence and knew she was upset. "Not every guy thinks about sex all the time."

He was uncomfortable with talking about sex with Lauren. This was a new situation for him; they had always been able to talk about everything under the sun. Now he was shifting on his bed, wishing he could comfort Lauren and change the subject, at the same time.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

"He may be a loser but I really loved it. I miss having a constant in my life. Maybe that is why I miss him so much even after he dumped me like he did" She says to him as she shrugs.

She likes talking to Tristan and hearing his soft, sweet, caring voice. He is good at comforting her but she still wishes they could hang out but she understands that it is not going to happen anytime soon.

angeli

"You know what you need? You need a hug. How about we head to the mall, grab some food? I was supposed to treat you to lunch, right?" It was the best of both worlds. He could stop the conversation, at least for a little bit, and he could see Lauren again.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

"I just need my best friend in the whole wide world but I don't want to force you into it or anything. I know you are busy and you have your own life now. I don't want to barge in and mess it up or anything" She tells him.

She is good at pushing people away even when she needs them the most. Normally it doesn't work on him though only because he has known her for so long and he knows how her mind works.

angeli

Tristan's voice was a bit sharp as he responded. "Didn't we just promise each other that we wouldn't lose contact with each other? That we would be best friends forever?" He didn't give her the chance to respond, he just continued speaking, this time more calmly. "I'll meet you at the mall in an hour, okay?"

He pressed "End" and tossed his phone onto his bed. Then he hit the shower to get ready.

In less than 50 minutes, he was in the mall at the food court ordering a large coffee from Dunkin' Donuts. He was dressed in his normal jeans and T-shirt, his wavy brown locks curling becomingly after his shower. He walked to the elevator banks, where he used to meet Lauren all the time. They may not have talked for a year, but their old habits died hard.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

She sighs in a little bit of frustration and happiness knowing he is right. He always is. "Fine see you in an hour"

She presses "END" as she puts the phone on her dresser and goes to get dressed out of her pajamas into a pair of jeans and a nice red t-shirt. Logo on the shirts says" BOYS suck" and on the back "GIRLS rule".

She is always late so about 10 minutes after they are supposed to meet she shows up to the elevators. She knows he will be there because it is their spot. She loves the habits they will always have. She walks up behind him and puts her hands over his eyes wondering if he can still guess its her just because of how her hands feel on his face.

angeli

"Carla?" Tristan asked teasingly. Who else would it be but Lauren? She was always running late. He had been watching the crowds for 20 minutes, enjoying the life around him. People-watching was one of his favorite pastimes, and today was a good day for it. Lots of people in the mall window shopping and hanging out with friends.

He tugged her soft, warm fingers from his eyes. "Want some coffee?" he asked, offering her a sip of his coffee. It was already half-empty and cooling quickly. "Or do you want to eat?" He was getting hungry himself, now that food was the topic of conversation.

"And what's with that shirt?" he asked, taking in the "BOYS SUCK" slogan on the front of her red shirt.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

"Hey who the hell is carla??" She asks him as she hits him across the back of the head teasingly. He still has the ability to tease her but she knows he is just playing around.

"Nope still don't like coffee after all these years.Yeah I'm starving. Not sure if you are but I know I am" She says laughing as she grins at him.

"What about it? Boys do suck. Ugh jerks" She says as she sighs in frustration. Thinking he is the only guy who has not  been a complete and utter jerk to her though to a point he has by ignoring her. But he is still around so she guesses that counts.

angeli

Tristan just laughed as Lauren smacked him. They both knew there wasn't a Carla. He hooked an arm around Lauren's shoulders as they began walking toward the food court. He shortened his stride to match Lauren's steps as they meandered through the mall. "You're right," he said. "Boys do suck. We are the bane of the world." He gestured with one hand, almost hitting a middle-aged woman with his coffee cup. "Oops, sorry," he said apologetically. He gave Lauren a wink. "See? We suck."

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

"Still after all this time you mr tristan seem to be able to prove me wrong. Your one of the few that doesn't suck. Those it has sucked major not having you around for the past few months" She says laughing as they walk towards the food court laughing at him thinking how good he looks today.

angeli

"Well, true. But I'm not a boy, I'm a man." He meant for it to be half-joking, but it came out more seriously than he intended. He chucked the cold coffee into a nearby receptacle and tugged on Lauren's long, silken hair. "You're not gonna keep focusing on us losing touch, are you? 'Cause if you are, I'm revoking my promise!" He was teasing, of course, but he also wanted to move away from the past year and onto more positive things.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

"Oh yeah you sure are a man. That is why you still have those toy cars from when you were little" She says sarcastically to him as the walk towards the food court

"Nope not at all as long as you promise it won't happen again. IF it does your in trouble mister" She says sternly

angeli

"Hey!" he cried out, tugging a bit harder on her hair. He was still idly running his fingers through her silky hair. "Those cars are classic model cars, not just toy cars. They'll be worth millions in a decade or two." And he planned to hold on to them for that long, too, never mind Lauren's scorn.

"It's a two-way deal, best friend," Tristan said, not at all worried about her stern tone.

They turned the corner into the food court, and Tristan gestured grandly. "Your food palace, madame." Most of the restaurants were fast-food chains, with a few casual dining restaurants thrown into the mix.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

"No way a million dollars..especially the way you used to play with them. Ramming them off the tables and into other large objects or whatever you or aka.  mr destructo used to do" She says laughing as they walk into the food court.

"Aww I love hearing you tell me that..the best friend part. I've missed hearing that"

"Oh hmm..Wendys looks great to me..what do you think tristan?" She asks looking over at him.

angeli

Tristan just laughed and gave Lauren a sideways hug. He had missed her irreverent attitude--at least in regards to him. "Wendy's it is, young miss!" He steered her toward the line. "I need like four burgers and a large Frosty." Right on cue, his stomach let out a loud rumble.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

She laughs as they head towards the wendys place "I think I'lll just get a burger and a drink. I'm trying to lose some weight. You know get back to the normal me. It has been awhile since I've been there" She says as she shrugs thinking she has changed and she kind of doesn't like it. She has always been extremely self-conscious probably bc all her boyfriends never came out and told her she was pretty or anything. They always googled always girl constantly when they were out. But Tristan knows how she is.