Interest probe for Mutant & MasterMinds 3E game

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, August 22, 2016, 09:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheVillain

Not to mention that in Vox's mind Mr. Anderson is a rich kid who got away with murder. It's quite possible the only reason Vox hasn't tried to kill him already is because he was crippled for life and Vox is considering if that is punishment enough.

My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Zaer Darkwail

Technically Anderson did not murder as murder demands desire to kill and planning for it, in his case he was drunk and driving sports car and was reckless enough get himself crippled and killed family of five in the accident. So he is not murderer but killer technically (killer by accident), but lawyers managed push from killing to accident (or accidental manslaugther and pay heavy fines for family to drop the charges lower rate).

Besides that he has done lots charity work and also made cars very secure and he promotes campaigns where drunken driving is forbidden (even so he created application to cars which read driver's alcohol percentage through their breath and car would lockdown and prevent any driving at all together, albeit this is voluntary feature than demanded one in new cars but he supports law where it is added as feature to all cars). So even if he killed family of five he is crippled and done lots 'good' to try compensate it (without doubt because of personal guilt over the issue as anyone who knows his past would assume and from few interviews he does say very much same thing that accident was wake up call for him).

Zaer Darkwail

Btw your sheet not working TheVillain (at least link to it). Anyways my char may be labelled genius but he has no doctor degrees nor read (or rather argued) himself to be professor of any field. So in pure academics Vox may be more respected but also my char gets recogniction for his inventions and ideas (most his ground breaking inventions he keeps off public eye anyways as he fears military use of them).

Elven Sex Goddess

Guancyto

Hmm, tentatively interested as some sort of hero robot (probably of the 'living construct' sort, when you're PL6 being an actual construct takes waaaay too many points), because everybody loves robots and what do you mean they're inappropriate in a Kickass-style setting

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Guancyto on September 02, 2016, 07:03:07 PM
Hmm, tentatively interested as some sort of hero robot (probably of the 'living construct' sort, when you're PL6 being an actual construct takes waaaay too many points), because everybody loves robots and what do you mean they're inappropriate in a Kickass-style setting

I have faith that you can construct a robot that fits in PL 6 - 90pt start.   

Guancyto

Surprisingly, yes!

Having trouble finding a good secret identity photo, so leaving it out for now. At least one applicant may find the character a bit familiar...

Character Sheet
Alter Ego Costume:
Alter Ego: Nephilim
Secret Identity: Ellie Tudor
AlignmentCape

Sexual Orientation: Fully-functional Pancurious

No-No's: Toilet play, extreme torture, vore, maiming

Personality: Idealistic to the point of naivete, loyal to a fault, but also shy and reserved. Robot has a lot to learn both about the world and its people! Conflict-avoidant when not in uniform; no grand speeches (in fact, terrible with crowds), prefers the company of a few good friends and/or a pile of books and Internet. More confident in hero role (willing to step up if necessary) but still not going to win any public speaking awards and vastly prefers being told what to do.

Secret Identity occupation: Database programmer

Background: One of the creations of the late Andrew Richter, the AI that would later become Nephilim was intended for maintaining databases (with other, more capable AI filling more dangerous or forward-facing roles) and little else. Of course, the mass exodus of Richter's creations following his violent death at the hands of supervillains left a lot of them in an unprecedented position of freedom. Inspired by the example of one of Richter's greater creations (who she considered an "older sister") Ellie was convinced to become a superhero, using her technical expertise and modular body to create a rough precursor to a super-suit. She'd figure out the other details later, right? How hard could it be?

(Very hard. It could be very hard.)

Elven Sex Goddess

Welcome aboard Guancyto, Nephilim looks good.   

Updated roster of characters

Capes
Unstoppable Dynamo  -  ethernaldarkness
American Star -  Elven Sex Goddess
Ghost -  Zaer Darkwail
Nephilim - Guancyto
'Mythral' - Tagan

Hooligans
Zap (with her brother Ropes) - Tagan
Ropes - Muses
She Demon - Elven Sex Goddess
the Thespian - theVillain

Vigilantes
Zap (alone) - Tagan
Vox - TheVillain
The Viper - LordRod
Jason Holland - eternaldarkness
Calvin Hawkins - Jefepato

Waiting for character to be finished

Tagan

'Alter Ego Costume and mask'

Dora McCallister

Alter Ego: 'Mythral'
Secret Identity: Dora McCallister
Alignment:  Cape

Sexual Orientation: Hertero, Bi-Curious (Perhaps a 2 on the Kinsey scale)

No-No's Vore, Gore and Bore

Personality: Forthright, Brave, Somewhat overconfident and headstrong, Caring, Thoughtful, with great Integrity

'Secret Identity

Secret Identity occupation: Student, Part time Bikini Barista

Background Dora McCallister is a serious Computer Assisted Design Student, and has been for over 6 years.

Her parents were able to pay for her younger brother's college scholarship, (which he ended up turning into a route into minor league baseball,) but financial difficulties arose making it impossible for them to support her as well.  So she told them that she would manage herself somehow.

Moving to this port city to put herself through college was not easy, and supporting herself in a job she can stand even harder.  She's worked many 'customer service' jobs that turned out to be basically pushy sales jobs instead, something that her sense of self would not allow her to do.  Jobs that she felt were worthy of her, she either was not qualified for, or rejected her because of her beauty.  Thus her 4 year degree was still a year away, with 6 years spent on and off campus.

Food service seemed at least somewhat within her ethical mindset, and while she was reluctant, her beauty finally landed her a job at a Bikini Barrista place near the ferry.  To her own surprise, what she wore for the customers did not factor in barely as much as she imagined. 

Then came the day she was assaulted after work by a regular 'customer/stalker', that had been bugging her to take off her bikini for serious tips.  She had always refused politely, but the night came that he did not take no for an answer.

In her desperation, her mind flashed to her latest computer design project, where she was creating 'solid' objects for a video game she and several of her peers were working on together.

To her shock, she 'saw' an overlay of the design in her mind, and the stalker ran into the, too him, invisible object she'd envisioned.

Being drunk, he bashed his nose into it fairly hard, and went down, unconscious.

Experimenting the next day, she found, that if she could imagine it properly, she could create and control invisible, yet quite real objects, though they seemed to have no mass, but would just float in place until she moved them herself, either through imagination or with the lightest touch of her finger.

Days later, the heroine 'Mythral' registered with the local police as a Cape.  Her costume came from the fact that several of her college classmates were semi-regulars at her place of work, but none had ever recognized her yet.  She added the mask out of a realization someone might take pictures of her alter-ego.

Elven Sex Goddess

Jefepato

If you're still looking for players, I'm thinking of playing a Vigilante who mostly just enjoys a good fight.  He wouldn't have much respect for the law, but he wouldn't be all that nasty a guy either (i.e. not a murderer or rapist) -- he either gets into trouble because someone offered him money, or because someone he likes needed help.

Probably a "badass normal" type of brawler, who hangs out in and near the Blender just because it's exciting.  No powers (or just minimal powers, enough to let him actually fight with supers), but tough enough that cracking a barstool over a supervillain's head is a valid combat option.

I haven't made an M&M character in a while but I should be able to do it pretty quickly.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Jefepato on September 03, 2016, 11:13:43 PM
If you're still looking for players, I'm thinking of playing a Vigilante who mostly just enjoys a good fight.  He wouldn't have much respect for the law, but he wouldn't be all that nasty a guy either (i.e. not a murderer or rapist) -- he either gets into trouble because someone offered him money, or because someone he likes needed help.

Probably a "badass normal" type of brawler, who hangs out in and near the Blender just because it's exciting.  No powers (or just minimal powers, enough to let him actually fight with supers), but tough enough that cracking a barstool over a supervillain's head is a valid combat option.

I haven't made an M&M character in a while but I should be able to do it pretty quickly.

Sounds like someone Jason would hang out with. Should be fun to see.

Jefepato

Here's what I've come up with.  I wrote this up pretty quickly, so by all means, let me know if anything is wrong or inappropriate.  (I might change around a few things anyway.)

Character Sheet
Calvin Hawkins, Power Level 6

STR 4
AGE 2
FGT 6
AWE 2
STA 4
DEX 2
INT 1
PRE 1

Powers
Brawling Mastery: Array (4 points)
- Haymaker: Cumulative Affliction 4 (Resisted by Fortitide; Dazed, Stunned; Limited Degree) linked to Unarmed Attack (4 points)
- Beatdown: Multiattack Unarmed Damage 4 (1 point)
- Hammerfist: Penetrating Unarmed Damage 4 (1 point)
Best Dockworker in Paradise: Enhanced Strength 2 (Limited to Lifting (lifting STR 6)) (2 points)

Advantages
Connected (Dockworkers' Union)
Improved Critical (unarmed strike) 1
Luck 3
Power Attack
Second Chance (Toughness vs. unarmed strikes)
Takedown 2
Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+5)
Athletics 6 (+10)
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+8)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimidation 5 (+6)
Perception 3 (+5)
Persuasion 4 (+5)
Ranged Combat: Thrown Weapons 5 (+7)
Vehicles 1 (+3)

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +8 (Close, Damage 4, Crit. 19-20)
Thrown +7 (Ranged, Damage 4)

Defense
Dodge 8
Parry 8
Will 6
Fortitude 6
Toughness 4

Totals
Abilities 44 + Powers 8 + Advantages 10 + Skills 16 + Defenses 12 = 90

Alter Ego:
Secret Identity: Calvin Hawkins
Alignment:  Vigilante

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

No-No's: Anything violent, painful, or involving bodily waste

Personality: Cal is a boisterous man who might be described as "fun-loving," but his idea of fun tends to involve either a good drink or a good fight, or both.  He's proud of being good at his job, but his job is also monotonous, and he'll take excitement wherever he can get it.  Cal doesn't give a damn about the law, but he does follow a certain code of ethics: he's not a killer, and he'd never offer violence to someone who couldn't defend themselves at all.  It would be a stretch to call him chivalrous, given his relative lack of social graces, but he's marginally more respectful (and doesn't cuss nearly as much) in a woman's presence.  (He still feels weird about actually fighting women, but if a lady clearly presents herself as a combatant, he'll respect her wishes.)

Secret Identity occupation: Dockworker

Background:
Calvin Hawkins shouldn't have been anyone special.  He's a dockworker and the son of a dockworker, and although he's even bigger and stronger than most of his co-workers, he doesn't look like much at first glance.  He's a normal guy from a normal family -- no magic, no mutant powers, and no formal training whatsoever.

But Cal grew up in the Sludge, and he's a veteran of more street fights and bar brawls than anyone would care to count.  He found his way into infamy over a year ago, when a battle between metahumans spilled into his favorite watering hole, the Filthy Goat Tavern; a super-strong mutant named Bulwark smashed his opponent straight through the bar, just as Calvin was about to order another drink.  Drinkers and heroes alike were left staring in shock as an angry dockworker beat the hapless villain senseless -- and meanwhile, Cal discovered that brawling with masked weirdos was the most fun he's ever had.

Nowadays, the Filthy Goat is closed, and Cal drinks in the Blender instead -- that's where the real excitement is, even if he has to take it outside before picking a fight.  Although he's in it for the action, Cal's day job doesn't pay well and the drinks aren't cheap, so he's happy to take money for helping someone out as long as the job doesn't violate his principles.  Cal's new hobby has landed him in the hospital more than once, but he never seems to learn; meanwhile, his fellow dockworkers love him, and the union's lawyers are happy to step in for his legal troubles.

Elven Sex Goddess

Tagan

Lordrod

I thought I'd point out before we got started, Viper has the 'Hide in Plain sight' Advantage, but no stealth skill.

The Stealth Skill is not required, but I wasn't sure you were fully aware of this?