That awkward moment when someone you're having fun with gets banned or quits >.<

Started by MissRoziel, November 09, 2014, 06:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissRoziel

So I've had some really reall fantastic roleplay partners since joing E I think it's amazing, I feel like my writing has gotten better as well as my chance to open up my creativity I love it :)

the down side is when you get really into a roleplay, a fantastic game, you're really invested in the characters, you're really loving the story and

Boom

Their gone, they left, or got banned, or lost the site link, any way you hash it, their gone, and your amazing roleplay is halted, The feelings what ever they may be are stalled, so what do you do with it? the passion that developed?
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=284574.msg14007299#msg14007299

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am also taking art commissions to go towards my goal.

LuckyOwl

If you're that excited about the story (key being the story, not the partner. If you loved the partner and not the story, your best bet is to try and find a new partner that's just as good, or better. If you're in love with the story, keep reading), even though it sucks to lose a partner, why not write it yourself? Write it as a short story, or just keep writing it until you're satisfied. There's no worse thing than an unfinished story.
QuoteYou never knew exactly how much space you occupied in people's lives.
F. Scott Fitzgerald, Tender is the Night

MissRoziel

well thats true but Part of the story Is the dynamic with the other person, not knowing what they'll do next adds this fun unknown factor to the story, you never know where it might go.

The story is key obviously but a partner hlelps see things from angel you might not have seen, they have a more intimate knowledge of their character and the back story.

I've always been the type of person to think that a character is an extension of yourself in some way.  even if I could write that carachter she'd never be exactly the way she was when someone else wrote her you know?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am also taking art commissions to go towards my goal.

LuckyOwl

Quote from: MissRoziel on November 09, 2014, 10:01:51 AM
well thats true but Part of the story Is the dynamic with the other person, not knowing what they'll do next adds this fun unknown factor to the story, you never know where it might go.

The story is key obviously but a partner hlelps see things from angel you might not have seen, they have a more intimate knowledge of their character and the back story.

I've always been the type of person to think that a character is an extension of yourself in some way.  even if I could write that carachter she'd never be exactly the way she was when someone else wrote her you know?

I get it. Like I said, that feeling and the dynamic you had with your former partner is probably lost, as much as it sucks to say that. Writing it by yourself might give you some closure, or it might make things worse by not living up to your expectations or to what the story could have been had you continued playing it with your partner.

Sometimes all you can do is just let go.
QuoteYou never knew exactly how much space you occupied in people's lives.
F. Scott Fitzgerald, Tender is the Night

MissRoziel

Yeah thats true, sad as it is.  I might try and write a nice ending for it just so I can say she went there and continued her life :)

Inkidu

I don't know, people get banned for reason, and real life comes first. In my long tenure here I think I even have a game floating around here with a person that was later found to be underage and I didn't know (it's been years so I don't remember details). Bannings and whatnot tend to taint the stories they were working on in my experience.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Beorning

And I admit that my heart breaks a little each time I see that somebody was banned...

I kind of imagine it this way: somebody comes to Elli, makes friends, has high hopes for the place... and then, they do something stupid and get banned. Wham! Hopes crushed...

I'm not saying that mods shouldn't ban people - I understand that bannings happen for a reason. Still, I can't help empathizing with people who get banned, even if they brought it on themselves...

Oniya

Not all bans are because someone did something stupid.  Not all people come to Elliquiy with the intent to make friends.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Annisthyrienne

I feel similarly, Beorning.

O/T: If I really loved the story, I might try to see if there was someone willing to step into the role in place of the partner who was no longer there.  Of course it wouldn't be exactly the same, but the new writer could be just as good if not better at playing the part, just differently.  If that didn't work, I'd see if I could start the story over with someone else.  It still wouldn't be the exact same as the first time, but it could still be good.

MissRoziel

Oh goodness, I never posted this to say people shouldn't be banned,, that wasn't my meaning at all I appologize, and I certainly don't think real Life isn't important I just meant that when the game stops so abruptly and you've gotten so into the character into the world you've built, It's such a crash like your watching a veru emotionally fullfilling movie and then, the theaters all stop it and then the film is pulled so no one ever knows the ending